As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: Hi gay, I’m Dad!

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    Aw yeah, today is flower boob dress dayyyy

Also I've noticed I'm getting more boob recently? One benefit of gaining back all this weight I've re-accrued. Fuck it's hard to shed lbs. But I'm working on doing it healthily. More exercise, better nutrition, more reasonable portions.

ALSO 8 DAYS FROM NOW MY CALI PARTNER WILL BE HERE

everyone should get a partner from california, it's all the rage these days

I'm pretty happy with mine from the other end of that coast.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    gotta make them coasts kiss

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    [bicoastal joke here]

sig.gif
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Also I've noticed I'm getting more boob recently? One benefit of gaining back all this weight I've re-accrued. Fuck it's hard to shed lbs. But I'm working on doing it healthily. More exercise, better nutrition, more reasonable portions.

They're the hot new accessory for 2019!

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

No way; what if they try to make you go outside or smile? Only dour new englander partners please

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    Also I out of nowhere decided to email my advisor after not talking to him in three years; I keep visiting my lab website and noticing that it doesn’t say where I am now, even though it has info for almost everyone else (...they are basically all professors whoops; I am not).
    So I update him on what I do/ where I live, ask how the lab’s doing, and then say

“...also I changed my name to [] and use male pronouns these days, which is part of why I fell out of touch with grad school colleagues, because that’s a bit tough to explain...”

And then signed it as [] (formerly {}) lastname

Eh well not sure how else to do it. My advisor and I had a bad relationship but also he ran my life for four years so I guess I do want him to know.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    don't worry, plenty of us Cali natives hate being outside

Miss me? Find me on:

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Whelp, I am out at work. E-mails sent, meeting with my team done. Now I am home with a warm Aquavit-Coffee-Chocolate-Blood Orange drink. Received several nice Slack messages from my co-workers, and finally feel like I can relax before going off to visit SSA tomorrow.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
    acquavit, coffee, chocolate, blood, and orange? I knew you were thinking about running a Vampire game but...

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hello, who wants to a Canadian girlfriend?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    hello, who wants to a Canadian girlfriend?
    Me. It’d be nice to have a local gorl.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    But in America everyone assumes the Canadian girlfriend is made-up!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Do Canadians assume Alaska girlfriends are made up?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Sterica wrote: »
    But in America everyone assumes the Canadian girlfriend is made-up!

that is the joke.

• MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    acquavit, coffee, chocolate, blood, and orange? I knew you were thinking about running a Vampire game but...

The way I remember it was you and Ell wanting me to run Vampire, but...

In all seriousness, it was my replication of a tasty drink from a now-defunct cocktail bar / coffee shop in Portland. It was called the Nordic Mocha or something like that.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My wife is part of a Facebook group that is helping put on a drag queen reading for kids at a local library. The idea was to promote acceptance and that kind of stuff. Well we live in the south so things went bad pretty fast. Lots of threats, lots of parents talking out of their ass, and even some radio dj encouraging people to harass the women in the group (it is a mom group). Some of the women are pretty loaded so lawyers are already in play to get the dj fired. Probably will not happen since it was on one of the many local Christian music stations. I don't use social media so this is pretty much the only place I can talk about it. My wife and son are going, I will be at work or asleep though. There are some people in our corner but, well, the Bible belt going to bigot.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    I never actually heard about the legendary Canadian Girlfriend until I was in my 20s

I've been single a lot!! You guys could have just asked!!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    How do y'all Canadians feel about American girlfriends, because I've really been enjoying being one of those

cdci44qazyo3.gif

sorry, full-up on girlfriends

but I got referrals if you need them

Miss me? Find me on:

Oh, no, sorry I wasn't soliciting, still wrapping my brain around having one partner

cdci44qazyo3.gif

How do y'all Canadians feel about American girlfriends, because I've really been enjoying being one of those

i have one. it's okay. not as interesting as a European girlfriend but at least if you go visit you can shoot guns and eat a bunch of bbq.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    not as interesting as a European girlfriend

Hello I can name a thousand varieties of bread

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »

You like bread? Name three of their albums.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I never actually heard about the legendary Canadian Girlfriend until I was in my 20s

I've been single a lot!! You guys could have just asked!!!

Hey uh....
    How you doin'?

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    Platy wrote: »

You like bread? Name three of their albums.

You joke but there is a band called Bread! All their studio albums except the self-titled first went Gold!

Edit: unless you knew about them already in which case good on you because I had to Google it to make sure I didn't imagine them. "Surely there wasn't a band just named Bread that's something my resin-soaked stoner brain came up wi- haha nope thanks The 60s!"

Metzger Meister on
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    girls from california are all right

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

There's a bunch of mods that would agree with that.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I've heard they'll melt your popsicle!

Woah-oh oh oh oh~

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

from what I hear they all left

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Guys from California are also p. great.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Whippy wrote: »

it took a while but yeah there was a big migration

edited February 2019
    Look at a this California love!

BAAAAAAAADADUM DUN DUN DUN DUN

Edit: lotsa songs about California you all get it

Metzger Meister on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Are American boyfriends the same as American girlfriends? I like my import. He likes being here. When he gets angry, he brings out the southern drawl. I melt. It's good times.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

On a personal level I feel like there's at least one significant difference

cdci44qazyo3.gif

well jeez not my fault one of my partners lives Kentucky

Cali is a perfectly fine state if you love giving your landlord all your money

Miss me? Find me on:

i left before you did, silly!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Yes that's why you import lovers from Cali, you don't live there.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    I'm aware, I'm just complaining about California

sure like the state, sure didn't like living hand to mouth for most of my adulthood

Miss me? Find me on:

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I'm aware, I'm just complaining about California

sure like the state, sure didn't like living hand to mouth for most of my adulthood

*pokes head out of CA*

There are other ways?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I would invite people to North Carolina if not for my burning seething unending infinite fountain of hatred for our no good, corrupt, racist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobic, spiteful, stupid legislature. Sorry, I blacked out seeing nothing but red there for a minute

Because aside from that North Carolina is a pretty nice place to live. Low costs, lots of skilled labor opportunities, good community colleges to be able to apply for those skilled labor opportunities, good climate, best beaches outside of Hawaii (fight me California and Florida), best BBQ outside of nowhere. (fight me Texas and Oklahoma)

Oh well there's also the hurricanes too.

This discussion has been closed.