As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 5E IC thread - Introducing the Cooperatives of Ravnica]

• Options
    DraconiclastDraconiclast Registered User regular
    (Take your bonus action)

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    DaEvlOneDaEvlOne Registered User regular
    [Uldin after taking his homerun swing, swings a back elbow trying to connect.]

(( 9+5=14 for 1+3=4 damage))

• Options
    He takes two solid shots from Uldin but is on his feet. He responds in kind, swinging twice at Uldin and connecting one time for 3 damage. Seeing no one coming to his aid and his friends in trouble, he panics and starts screaming nonsensical threats at the party.

Jorah is up.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    GriffmoyGriffmoy Registered User regular
    [Jorah stares at the yelling man in disbelief.]

JN: ...watch your mouth, Humphrey the Third.

[Jorah takes a look at the remains of the reeter's podium, thinking...]

(what rolls do you need to attempt to beat the hell out of this guy with the remains of the podium?)

• Options
    (The podium wasn't smashed, so a strength check to lift it up and an attack role if you're going to smash it on someone.)

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    STRENGTH CHECK: 11

ATTACK ROLL (if strength checks out): 7

• Options
    Jorah hoists the podium up over his head and tries to hit the panicking thug with it, but in his craze the man is able to duck out of the way. Jorah still holds onto it even though he missed.

Vaamuj is up.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    ranmasoloranmasolo Registered User regular
    Vaamuj stamps his spear against the ground, starts to speak the words of power and calls for plant life to spring up and Entangle the final thug.

I cast entangle. :) Str save to avoid being restrained.

• Options
    I need everyone to make strength saving throws. The only person who doesn't have to is the thug who is on Rawk's back. What's the DC @ranmasolo ?

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    Everyone? I thought it would just be the thug? Like I specifically want to capture him lol but however you want to play it I'm game haha I guess it IS 20sqft.

Save DC is 14

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    (I'm gonna try this and see if it works)
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Rawk's Strength Check
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Rawk's Strength Check advantage

Rawk's Strength Check:
    1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I put +4 thinking check instead of Save. That is suppose to be +6, because it's a save not a check, but pretty sure I pass either way

MamaWolf on
    "May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20-1 for Strength Save

Strength Save:
    1d20-1 5 [1d20=6]

• Options

• Options
    Without warning, vines burst through the floor of the Blackline, shocking the patrons present - some of them probably have never seen a green thing in their entire lives. This, moreso than the fighting, scares the patrons into fleeing the scene - those that can make it through the vines, anyway. One of them stays back, looks at his drink, and pushes it away from himself, vowing off alcohol forever before making his own charge through the vines.

The thug who isn't on Rawk's back and Delveed are both entangled, so they can't move, attacks against them have advantage, and they have disadvantage on any dex saves.

Delveed is up.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    Aren't Vaamuj and Rawk up before Delveed?

• Options
    Vaamuj cast entangle so he certainly doesn't go

• Options
    I though that was his held action.

• Options
    Nevermind I just realized that was his turn, but still Rawk's turn before Delveed right?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    (probably still grappled? Might have to make strength save if anything... but Rawk should be before a Delveed)

DaEvlOne on
  • Options
    My mistake, Rawk is up, then Delveed. This fight needs to end!

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    Rawk has a barely alive thug on his back, so he is grappled.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    [Rawk is going to attempt to escape]
    Get roll 1d20+4 for Rawk's Strength Check

• Options
    [Rawk is going to attempt to escape]
    Geth roll 1d20+4 for Rawk's Strength Check

Rawk's Strength Check:
    1d20+4 12 [1d20=8]

• Options
    After a great deal of effort, Rawk is able to flip the thug over his shoulder and bring him crashing back down to the floor, where he finds himself getting entangled in the vines from Vaamuj's spell. One snakes him around his wrist but he's able to break free from that - for now.

Delveed is up.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Delveed attempts to free himself from the vines.

Geth roll 1d20-1 for Strength check

Strength check:
    1d20-1 12 [1d20=13]

• Options
    The other thug tries to get to his feet, but the vines now successfully grab him.

Both thugs are restrained. How do you, as a party, want to continue? You have roughly 45 seconds in-game time to decide before the vines wither and they're free.

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    (I vote we question them quickly about why the mugging attempt and who sent them)

• Options
    (I second that vote about the questioning about the mugging and all that)

• Options
    Agreed

• Options
    That's three votes to try to get information out of them, time to make your rolls - and remember the time constraint, you don't have time here to have a big conversation before the vines wither. If Delveed and/or Vaamuj want to try something else, well, it IS D&D, so...

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    [Uldin points the quarterstaff to the two dummies entangled in vines...]

Uldin: HEY! Tell us why you went after the girl and who sent you! OR.... (points to Trunks) he's gonna stomp all over you.

Geth roll 1d20 for intimidation

intimidation:
    1d20 14 [1d20=14]

• Options
    Vaamuj glowers at the thugs and envisions the vines creeping up their bodies, starting to grow across their faces and press into their eyes as if to continue growing straight into their skulls.

Arcana check? Roll 14 + 5 = 19. To try to make it actually happen, if that's cool. If not that's fine too. Still character flavor!

Intimidation check? Roll 7 + 2 = 9. To try to assist Uldins threat.

Vaamuj will also pull out his locket and open it out towards the thugs.

"We will know the truth of you!"

• Options
    Does Vaamuj have thamaturgy?

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    [Jorah still looks annoyed.]

JN (still holding the podium): I'm gonna use this to turn one of you into a Humphrey if you don't speak up.

Geth roll 1d20 for Intimidation

Intimidation:
    1d20 11 [1d20=11]

• Options
    Rawk is just gonna stand there holding Daisy.

• Options
    So with several people standing over them threatening to finish them off, the thugs give up. One of them rolls onto his back clutching his ribs, groaning loudly, not saying anything really intelligible at this point. The other one says, "It was Radkos, it was those Radkos guys, my brother got into some game they were playing and thought we could get in good with them and -- and now that idiot is dead -- oh man, what am I gonna tell Mom??"

He starts crying.

Caboose, the bartender, starts yelling from behind the bar, where he's pinned to the floor. The vines have him trapped, too, and he's really freaking out. "CUT ME OUT OF THESE THINGS OH MY GOD JUST GET OUT OF MY BAR THE RADKOS CRAP IS IN THE BACK JUST GO OH MY GOD WHAT ARE THESE THINGS!!!!"

twitch.tv/draconiclast
  • Options
    [Uldin pushes the button that makes the quarterstaff retract back into baton size. He calmly puts it back into his cloak and does a slow clap.]

Uldin: That's all we were asking for. All of this could easily have been avoided. Thanks for your time.

[Uldin leans over and pats the one who was clutching his ribs on the shoulder. He then leaps back over the counter and towards the door marked employees only.]

Geth roll 1d20+5 for Acrobatics

Acrobatics:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]

• Options
    Uldin leaps back over the bar without problem and approaches the aforementioned door.

twitch.tv/draconiclast