As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Don't feel bad, my coin landed on 5* Leo.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Also, I was a little bummed to not make Tier 20 in AR, but at least I woke up to this today:

R3M5uqp.jpg?1

Made sure to watch the replays because schadenfreude ist die schönste freude

--Mark Twain
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    So I've just seen the funniest suggestion for an Anti-Duma defense. Child Azura at 5* level 1 has 14 HP, so Duma's 7 damage will activate her Escape Route 3 at the start of turn one. A dancer who can be absolutely anywhere? Has F.E.A.R. Rattata come to FEH?

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Huh, the Arena and Aether Raid period's been extended an extra 2 days. Checking the notifications they did say it was going to be until February 6th when they announced the upcoming Arena bonus units, but didn't say why.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Huh, the Arena and Aether Raid period's been extended an extra 2 days. Checking the notifications they did say it was going to be until February 6th when they announced the upcoming Arena bonus units, but didn't say why.

That's super weird.....

Edit: Where are you seeing this? I can't find it.
    Edit 2: Oh, there it is... like 4 pages back, jeez..

Sooo... this is my guess. Feb 6th is probably the merge bane patch. Since that will have a HUGE effect on the stats of every single merged unit, they probably want to make the Arena season fair and not have you fighting re-balanced heroes mid-way through.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Ok, where was this YESTERDAY WHEN IT MATTERED?!?
    bgjp87u1bs2w.png

Bah.

Also I snapped this last night because it amused me to be ranked #1, even though it was obviously only gonna be for a short time:
    uj0ykk3hve6e.png

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    My level 2 + 1 defense fort is gonna progressively struggle to get any wins, but I don't care much. Almost all the tier 20 defenses I fight are 3+1, and I want my stat point advantage! This week there is zero chance of making tier 21, so I will just do my fights with no big stress. Then I'll have a level 4 offense fort next week in light season.

I saw a replay of a dude who had 4+1 offense vs my 2+1 defense. He just sent Fae in alone and she tanked and killed my entire team, lol.

Acheron wrote: »
    This week there is zero chance of making tier 21

Even with 2 bonus days?

--Mark Twain
    edited January 2019
    Durinia wrote: »
    Acheron wrote: »
    This week there is zero chance of making tier 21

Even with 2 bonus days?

I feel like having bonus points from mythic heroes is mandatory for the top few tiers. We're only getting like 2 bonus days which is maybe 300ish lift, not counting defense losses.

Side note, been thinking about potential Mythic heroes and decided to make a list. This is what I came up with:

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem:
    -Naga/Nagi?
    -Medeus
    -Anri
    -Gotoh?

Shadows of Valentia:
    -Mila
    -Duma

Genealogy of the Holy War/Thracia 776:
    -The twelve crusaders?
    (I'm not super familiar with these games :P)

Binding Blade/Blazing Blade:
    -The Eight Legends (Roland, Bramimond, St. Elimine, etc)
    -Athos? (included in above list but I'm shakey on actual playable characters here getting this treatment vs. just becoming normal heroes. Same applies to Gotoh above)

Sacred Stones:
    -Fomortiis, the Demon King
    -Grado? (again, less familiar with Sacred Stones story but he seemed important?)

Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn:
    -Ashera
    -Yune
    -Dheginsea?
    -Altina
    -Soan
    -Lehran? (/someone else I won't spoil though I am sure IS would love to)

Awakening:
    -Naga
    -Grima again? (I dunno...)
    -And just because I have a hunch, I'm gonna put Priam here too even though I don't think he belongs

Fates:
    -Anankos
    -Dawn Dragon?
    -Dusk Dragon?

It's a little questionable to me if any of these will be "playable characters" so I put question marks next to a few like Gotoh or Athos who are both pretty important/historical but also playable. And also some that are just, I dunno... (like the Fates dragons - we know next to nothing about them so I dunno if there's enough there to even make a unit out of)

Warlock82 on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    While I'd love to see someone like Altina in there with Ragnell and Alondite as options, I don't think they'll use someone who doesn't actually appear despite the name "mythic hero." Mila, Dheginsea, Naga etc. seem like pretty good bets.
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Thank god.

s7Imn5J.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I feel like the good Mythic option for sacred stones is Morva

that dude gets a disproportionate number of the best lines in the game despite being around for like

two minutes

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Ooooh, if we get highlighted assets/flaws, do I even still bother with FEHKeeper anymore? I probably would, out of habit...

And I would love to see a hero show up in FEH who is merely a legend/historical figure without a pre-existing character design. But not too many.

EDIT: I'm proooobably alone in this, but I'd even like that as a creative way to do more alts.

Dr. Flamingo on
    EMERGENCY DOUBLE-POST. REYSON HAS BEEN DEMOTED, I REPEAT, REYSON HAS BEEN DEMOTED.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    EMERGENCY DOUBLE-POST. REYSON HAS BEEN DEMOTED, I REPEAT, REYSON HAS BEEN DEMOTED.

Awesome. I was hoping this would be the case but forgot to look. I pulled a kinda shitty IV one but figured meh, he's a dancer. This way I can get something better eventually (though I'm still looking for that damn +ATK Silas...)

I managed to pull a couple Dumas but ALL of them were +RES :/ I had to give up trying because I was spending too much money and almost exclusively getting fucking Summer Lindes... god. I bet I could +10 her at this point with how many I pulled.

Edit: Ok, pulled a +DEF/-ATK one. I'll hold onto him until the bane changes (which are presumably next week) and then maybe replace my other one with that.

Also man, fuck the Abyssal Duma map. The worst part is I *almost* beat it. I got down to like three units left and Duma one-shot me. And now I can't figure out WTF I did because I just die like two turns in to that stupid ass red manakete (seriously, it one-shots Summer Tiki with tons of ward dragon buffs who does effective damage to her). Ugg...

Edit 2: Ok, I think I found my way back there... and recorded it so I have the steps :P (it requires an asinine-ly specific movement pattern) It's not as clean as my one attempt but close enough. The problem now is finding literally any way to actually kill Duma....

Warlock82 on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    170 orbs spent and got S!Linde x2, L!Tiki x2 and L!Eirika. Had Linde already and the others are new. Good returns on orbs per 5*, but no Loki or Duma.

So if I read his anima stuff right, the reduction of lift lost can range from 4 to 24 plus merges?

Ardor wrote: »
    170 orbs spent and got S!Linde x2, L!Tiki x2 and L!Eirika. Had Linde already and the others are new. Good returns on orbs per 5*, but no Loki or Duma.

So if I read his anima stuff right, the reduction of lift lost can range from 4 to 24 plus merges?

I guess, it's confusing. I know I just got -66 after putting him on my team tho (and I gave Veronica an anima blessing)

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I don't usually care about who wins any given VG

but when your summoner support unit is in the running

you can bet I'm fighting every 30 minutes

Haha, I would have gone with Owain honestly, but because voting gauntlet is such a POS broken mode, I just went with Lissa. I figure she'll be unpopular enough to get a bunch of bonus rounds.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Haha, I would have gone with Owain honestly, but because voting gauntlet is such a POS broken mode, I just went with Lissa. I figure she'll be unpopular enough to get a bunch of bonus rounds.

I'm interested to see how that turns out, because one could argue that the inverse may be true since Owain is in the 5* pool while Lissa is in the 3*/4* pools. So Lissa may garner more support from people who want to squeeze out bonus points from using the character that they're championing and lack the rarer units.

Ofcourse it doesn't really matter. Voting gauntlet is pretty much turn in your missions and get rewards. "winning" hardly matters here.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited January 2019

I'm interested to see how that turns out, because one could argue that the inverse may be true since Owain is in the 5* pool while Lissa is in the 3*/4* pools. So Lissa may garner more support from people who want to squeeze out bonus points from using the character that they're championing and lack the rarer units.

Ofcourse it doesn't really matter. Voting gauntlet is pretty much turn in your missions and get rewards. "winning" hardly matters here.

Score predictor is suggesting otherwise:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bs1yyOIzOYEIbbXmLh7E8_gixqx5iqtVR4k77nUpoLs/edit#gid=727820684

(honestly I expect Cherche and Ethlyn to be more popular F2P choices since how many people have bothered to 5* a Lissa? Let alone even level one to 40...)

Also hmm, this is interesting. So this arena season lasts until Wednesday. If I can somehow pull off deathless Aether Raids all week (iffy but you never know), I am guaranteed to get into tier 20 thanks to Duma lowering my max loss to 66. I assumed 200 points per day (this seems to be about what's possible - one free one, and then I typically have enough for one more match), then subtracted 66 from each day. I come out ahead still. Even better if I can get some kills in defense to lessen the point drop. But we'll see, because it means not sucking at offense too. Fingers crossed tho. Would be a relief after the BS that was last week.

Warlock82 on
    Ah, I hadn't looked at the predictor and I forgot that Cherche is in the running. Cherche pretty much blows Lissa out of the water. You don't need to use 5* units for these though. I'm pretty sure that you get the same bonus points regardless of how much you've invested into the characters. Leveling to 40 is a simple matter of throwing some xp crystals at her, but I thought that people preferred to use level 1 heroes to skew the matchmaker. Did they finally fix that?

3DS Friend Code:
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The catch up bonus completely invalidates the matching character bonus to such a degree I forgot it exists.

edited January 2019
    Ah, I hadn't looked at the predictor and I forgot that Cherche is in the running. Cherche pretty much blows Lissa out of the water. You don't need to use 5* units for these though. I'm pretty sure that you get the same bonus points regardless of how much you've invested into the characters. Leveling to 40 is a simple matter of throwing some xp crystals at her, but I thought that people preferred to use level 1 heroes to skew the matchmaker. Did they finally fix that?

Yeah but people are gonna want to use their best one. And people are more likely to have 5*'d Cherche, or at least leveled a 4* to level 40. It's better not to have dead weight on your team :P

Honestly looking at the predictor I probably should have gone with Gerome :D haha.. but then I kind of hate him - he's like the worst Awakening kid (even Brady is more likable)

Warlock82 on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Threw ~100 orbs at the legendary banner. Got a Duma at the end. "This is probably going to be the worst IV possible," I said to myself.

+SPD, -DEF. Legendary banners, never fails.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I've never lost so many battles in a Voting Gauntlet before. What the hell is up with Lissa's army?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    edited February 2019
    Warlock82 on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I am amazed Camilla only took second.

Also holy crap Marth lost... to Eliwood?

Edit: And Anna would have won if they'd combined hers.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Anna was robbed

steam_sig.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Wow, never would've expected Eliwood to beat Marth.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Happy Eliwood beat Marth. Also, happy Neph and Selkie made the top 20. Anna was robbed by Anna, but with this maybe she gets an Alt anyways.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Glad Micaiah got first, though Brave Celica vs Brave Veronica shows it's no guarantee of being the OP one.

Eliwood vs Marth doesn't matter much to me, they are both bland. And legendary Marth already gives him an amazing alt. Bout time for Alm though!

One step closer to the Camilla grand conquest team. Mwahaha.

For what it's worth, I swapped to voting for F! Robin once I saw the interim results.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2019
    #3HousesAnnaForCYL4

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
    Nino still at #11. Still bullshit! Glad to see Reinhardt so high though. Hopefully he doesn't lose to _Chrom_ next year.

edited February 2019
    Honestly I will be all for Brave Camilla if they go super bad-ass with her armor set. Like, tons of black metal plates and spikes and shit. IS has to forgo their instincts to make her walking boobs and actually deck her out in MORE armor. I will be 100% up for that.

Edit: Found a fan art that is kinda what I'm thinking, although I'd want more spikes: (spoiler for size)
    8632130312a4f9ed0d3eb38690dfac66.jpg

Edit: Echoes Dread Fighter Overclass outfit is kinda what I mean about the spikes:
    https://fireemblemwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Yasha&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop

Warlock82 on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Here's the thing though Camilla is a bad character

I mean I know FE isn't known for deep characters but her only personality trait is what I can only describe as a "pg-13-friendly sexuality". She's fap-fodder with just enough plausible deniability.

Delzhand on
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    i am glad to have official confirmation that the annas were meant to be written as dissimilar as they are

this is fine, i whisper as the flames lap at my ankles

Daypigeon on
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Here's the thing though Camilla is a bad character

I mean I know FE isn't known for deep characters but her only personality trait is what I can only describe as a "pg-13-friendly sexuality". She's fap-fodder with just enough plausible deniability.

Camilla is kinda dumb but it doesn't mean you can't make a cool looking version of her.