As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Ball’s problem is just his passivity more than anything. He’s very detrimental on offense, which is great if you play with him but drives fans and coaches crazy because he has talent to score (and a lot of the offensive problems right now can be traced back to Walton, who really doesn’t have a system in place so it’s been rough going all year on that side). His defense isn’t good, it’s exceptional. At this point, he’s the anti-Rondo, in that he’s not as aggressive as his counterpart but isn’t a walking turnstile either.

I think the Lakers would try to keep one of Ball or Kuzma in any trade they do. Ingram is gone at this point, Hart stays because they’d throw KCP in to match salaries, and they probably give up Zubac as a sweetener.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I didn't think AD had a no trade clause?

He effectively has one by making it clear whom he is and is not willing to extend his contract with. I guess it's possible he ends up in a Leonard situation, where a contender that hopes to change his mind trades for him but the Knicks aren't that team.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

He effectively has one by making it clear whom he is and is not willing to extend his contract with. I guess it's possible he ends up in a Leonard situation, where a contender that hopes to change his mind trades for him but the Knicks aren't that team.

After the Paul George (and perhaps Kawhi) success stories I’m not sure it’ll stop anyone at this point. Maybe the Celtics, who would crater their already decent chances if he bolted

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    AD also has a trade kicker which can make balancing the trade difficult, but he can waive it. Soft no trade clause basically.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    y2jake215 wrote: »

After the Paul George (and perhaps Kawhi) success stories I’m not sure it’ll stop anyone at this point. Maybe the Celtics, who would crater their already decent chances if he bolted

That's a good point about George but again the Celtics can't trade for him till July after they resign Kyrie.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

That's a good point about George but again the Celtics can't trade for him till July after they resign Kyrie.

Yeah but the point would still stand about the extension etc - if he was still telegraphing LA or bust

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I am going to bet monopoly dollars that AD is going to end up on a rental with the Raptors and that they lose to the THUNDER, YES, THE THUNDER in finals

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I am going to bet monopoly dollars that AD is going to end up on a rental with the Raptors and that they lose to the THUNDER, YES, THE THUNDER in finals

Terrible

Eddy wrote: »

this take is too spicy for me

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    xf94ags1dlvt.png

Sure, why not?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    at this point every time I see a Luka Doncic highlight I want to scream at the Hawks GM

Xehalus on
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Trae Young will silence the haters

what the fuck does Trae Young being good at basketball have to do with the Hawks trading the future of the NBA

what the fuck does Trae Young being good at basketball have to do with the Hawks trading the future of the NBA

Is he good at basketball though? I'm just playing with you by the way :P

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Trae Young is not good at professional NBA basketball, no

at this point every time I see a Luka Doncic highlight I want to scream at the Hawks GM

Rightfully so, that seemed too cute by half because that dude looked like an easy lock

aeNqQM9.jpg
    AD, Klay, LeBron might be the Lakers

Davis may not suit up for the Pelicans again even if he's not traded by the end of today. His image has been scrubbed from team media and Marc Stein of NYT has reported the team is very seriously considering benching him for the rest of the season.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Davis may not suit up for the Pelicans again even if he's not traded by the end of today. His image has been scrubbed from team media and Marc Stein of NYT has reported the team is very seriously considering benching him for the rest of the season.

That is honestly the best decision for both parties.

As long as he’s healthy he keeps his trade value. Why risk that?

edited January 2019

That is honestly the best decision for both parties.

As long as he’s healthy he keeps his trade value. Why risk that?

While entirely logical it sucks and it's an indictment of the league's regulations that one of its best players (who is perfectly healthy) has to miss almost half a season before a deal can be made.

To further emphasize the seriousness, ESPN is reporting that Pelicans management isn't returning phone calls from LA management. It appears they are resigned both to tanking the season and to waiting on Boston.

Butters on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Boston yes, but also whoever grabs that Zion Lottery Ticket might want to give New Orleans a call.

Watching someone wait 6 months to trade with danny ainge is....

a choice.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    There's really no reason not to wait short of the risk of Anthony getting hit by a bus or something. Why would you force yourself to sell something when the demand is artificially constrained when you can wait a few months and force everyone to bid against each other?

There's really no reason not to wait short of the risk of Anthony getting hit by a bus or something. Why would you force yourself to sell something when the demand is artificially constrained when you can wait a few months and force everyone to bid against each other?

it's not like boston isn't allowed to talk to them. and besides, name a single team that traded with boston and won the trade even a little.

and he's worth more to the lakers now than he is in six months. two postseasons is more than one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited January 2019

The only reason not to wait is if Davis indicates he wouldn't resign with Boston. But it remains to be seen if he's dead set on the Lakers or just wants the hell out of New Orleans

Butters on

When your franchise player tells you he'd rather be in Brooklyn...oof.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Now KP is on the block because he's unhappy with the Knicks direction/losing...but the Knicks are doing smart things and are losing because A) they need the draft pick and B) he's not playing.

This whole thing sucks.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mavs have a really good young core now

I guess Dennis Smith Jr is a Knick

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ...What? Really?

You have 7 days to find the best deal, what's the fucking rush?

I mean, maybe this is the best deal, but still.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

The nets are cool and good now

edited January 2019
    That wasn't "these are the teams KP wants to play for" that was "these are the teams that told Woj they want KP"

Also, they traded all of their pieces for cap space and nobody good is going to come here without KP.

I'm putting the Knicks back on ignore like it's the mid-2000s because this is an Isiah Thomas-level bullshit move unless there's a draft pick per player they traded away.

Goose! on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    DEANDRE AND ENES ARE TEAMMATES!!!

ENES TAKE DEANDRE ON DESUS AND MERO

At first glance that is a horrible trade. What the hell are the Knicks doing?

Maximum wrote: »
    At first glance that is a horrible trade. What the hell are the Knicks doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBw6nVvJSo

Except instead of hijinx ensuing, it's signing a "star" player to a max contract

edited January 2019
    Knicks get to fix drafting Ntilikina instead of DSJ

Xehalus on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Ahhhhhhhhh, holy fuck.

I mean, I'm gonna miss DSJ but what the shit???

That trade looks insane for Dallas.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
This discussion has been closed.