As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    At first glance that is a horrible trade. What the hell are the Knicks doing?

DAJ and Wes contracts are up at the end of the year, freeing up cap space to make a run at KD?

I dunno, still seems dumb

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    curley mustache

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love Embiid

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    ph blake wrote: »

DAJ and Wes contracts are up at the end of the year, freeing up cap space to make a run at KD?

"Make run at" is the key phrase. They're not getting KD. They still haven't learned in 20 years that Dolan has owned this team that nobody wants to play for them

Goose! on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

This is absolutely something they would be petty enough to do, and that report prior to the trade announcement obviously was leaked from the Knicks side

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Knicks never change

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

You need players not just cap space to make a run at KD. I understand anyone that's nervous about KP's new acl/mcl but now they have nothing.

Put me in the confused camp beyond Knicks gonna Knicks

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Gonna be hilarious when this turns into max deals for like, Kent Bazemore and Tobias Harris.

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Max deal for Vince Carter. Best dunker of all time, it's a steal!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I feel like every time I randomly get back into following basketball with any regularity, I walk in right after the Knicks do another stupid thing

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I feel like every time I randomly get back into following basketball with any regularity, I walk in right after the Knicks do another stupid thing

That's because the Knicks do stupid stuff all the time.

hv79f8ze2nhm.png

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    aou0snh6f6e4.jpg

Imagine being this deluded.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    the mavericks just built their future core in like 5 months for almost nothing because the hawks and the knicks are v dumb and bad.

geeze.

edit: lol that image. who on the planet is going to go to the knicks as currently constructed.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    That bottom line in parentheses is killing me.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Man fuck yes let KP and Doncic fucking own this league with Dirk as a mentor

edited January 2019
    Look at this CMavs fan here

Captain Inertia on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I could see them getting Jimmy Butler maybe.

lol what, rumors are Porzingas wants to sign the qualifying offer instead of the max extension Dallas will surely offer. That seems insane.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    That plus the 2 draft picks has made me a little less annoyed about the trade. They're still totally gonna blow it this summer probably.

If this somehow works out for them we will have one fucked up league where it makes sense to ship out a promising future all star for cap space

Those draft picks will be butt in the hands of a butt team that drafts like butt (KP luck aside)

Also DSJ is butt

A promising all star who doesn't want to be here, clashed with the team/FO repeatedly, and plans to sign the QO vs the max extension. And also has the following list of injuries during his career already:
    For all the highlights, availability is the best ability—and that’s Porzingis’s worst trait. He has missed 110 of 296 possible games in four seasons thanks to a long list of injuries. Since 2015, he has suffered the following maladies (get ready to scroll):
    • Torn left ACL
    • Sore left Achilles
    • Sore left knee
    • Sprained left ankle
    • Sore left groin
    • Strained left quad
    • Bruised left thigh
    • Sore right hip
    • Sprained right ankle
    • Sore right foot
    • Inflammation to the bone and tendon of his right knee
    • Lower-back tightness
    • Right-shoulder strain
    • An unspecified right-elbow issue

Plus, Porzingis has missed games for an upper-respiratory infection and bouts of stomach flu. Though Porzingis might have flashed the potential to be the league’s best big man, his tall, frail frame made him a major injury risk before he was drafted fourth in 2015. Those concerns haven’t been squashed.

So while it would be nice to have him and try to work it out, they still have options. Just hopefully they don't do the dumb thing and sign a guy to a max deal just to make it all look worthwhile. Sign the RIGHT guy to a max deal

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Kyrie is uh

Not making me comfortable

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    I wanted to crap on Kyrie but he is actually contributing at a league-MVP level in Boston. Like a positive defense contributor and more effective scorer putting up double the ws/48 he averaged in Cleveland.

Higher than Lebron’s since moving to Boston...

Knicks fans already trying to convince themselves that getting rid of KP is a good thing.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    lol what, rumors are Porzingas wants to sign the qualifying offer instead of the max extension Dallas will surely offer. That seems insane.

KP is a true feminist that doesnt support Cuban's corporate culture

Knicks fans already trying to convince themselves that getting rid of KP is a good thing.

No, just seeing that there's still other things that can be good. But I expect them to fuck it up anyway

This really only makes sense if the Knicks are tampering worse than anyone ever has before. If KD goes to NY after winning his third straight Finals MVP the other owners are going to flip their shit and Dan Gilbert will appoint himself High Inquisitor

I think all of you are missing the most impactful part of the KP trade, and really the whole trade deadline as a whole.

This may open the door for me to get more value out of the only basketball jersey I have ever purchased.

You see, I bought a jersey for my favorite player several years ago. Then literally two games later, he tore his achillees, never to play another game for us.

Yes, that's right. Let's make it happen universe. It's time to get Wesley Matthews back on the Blazers.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Jordan and Wes Matthews are just gonna get bought out and sign with the warriors

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Damn your lying mouth.

y2jake215 wrote: »
    Jordan and Wes Matthews are just gonna get bought out and sign with the warriors

You know what's hilarious is that this isn't actually all that far-fetched.

I think Jordan and Matthews are pieces for AD

They most certainly aren't because they are expiring contracts.

I'm trying to think like a Knicks GM

edited February 2019
    god the sixers are so fucking terrible

they beat the warriors because everyone not curry shot like 5% on wide open threes. then they get fucking clowned on by the kings, and both of the "all stars" didn't do anything in the entire 4th quarter. so fucking tired of simmons and embiid fucking vanishing off the earth whenever it matters and every guard becoming the greatest player of all time against the sixers defense.

sixers are going to lose so many 1st and 2nd round playoff series in the next 4 years.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.