As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Make a plan. Stick to it. That’s the only way to stay sane with this game.

For me, it’s get Revan. Then it’s Ewoks for Goldenrod. Then it’ll be BH ships.

There is some overlap there. And I’m also grabbing Dengar shards when I can, because I need to finish Chewie.

When I’ve got some free energy I throw it to Hot Topic Bastila.

Truth.
    Unless you can afford to whale, you can't chase the new shiny.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    That's why I decided to let Revan slide for now. I'm still working on making a few other key teams stronger. I will just have to pickup Revan later. Likely well after the meta has moved away from him.

But it's impossible to keep up with the meta unless you spend gobs of money. Best to just pick a few teams and work on getting them super strong.

Unless you're in the top 100, meta doesn't matter anyway. And the further you get from top 100, the less and less it matters.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I'm working on Wicket, BH Ships, Ordo, and DS Bastila.

I'm assuming that Ordo and Bastila will be needed for Darth Revan.

I need 50 more shards for Wicket. He's and Logray are g10. Chirpa, Elder, Paploo g12. Should be good for 7* 3po. I want to zeta wicket, and g12 him and Paploo for other phases of the game. I've already dropped 2 zetas on that squad, might as well go all out.

I need to work on my sith squad too. Traya is almost 7*, and I already have a zeta on her so I should probably use her. I throw extra energy at Sion and nihilus.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm trying to finish up Jango (5/100), Wicket (55/100), and Nest (10/85). Once I get them, I'll work on BH ships, DS Bastilia and Ordo. I really hope I don't have to focus on Juhani and Carth, but I can see those being required for the Ebon Hawk or something.

Oh and now that my guild is getting Darth Traya, I should probably get a Sith team together, but I haven't spent any time on Sion or DN.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I switched my arena team to bastilla 5*, Jolee 3*, ezra, Kanan, and old ben 7* and just decimated my way up my shard. I figured the team wouldn't be viable until I had Jolee and bastilla closer to fully farmed but my God.

I hope getting Revan this round will be enough to mix things up in the Arena. I've been running the same Empire team for a long time and the are just kind stuck near the 1k range.

Shards are weird. I look at one of my buddy's arena teams and he hovers in the top 300. I have a much stronger team, but on my shard i've never been able to stay below 500. And he's been playing a lot longer so in theory is chard should be tougher.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    In theory older shards should be tougher, but that comes with caveats. You can have a shard's population of active players decrease, which can make things easier, but if it goes too low I've read that the developers will merge shards, and suddenly you have a spike in difficulty.

A lot of it seems to be anecdotal evidence, and I don't watch my shards top 50 to be able to confidently say whether or not it has happened to me, but there have definitely been times where I was abruptly knocked down a tier. The shifting meta can also be a factor, and with the incredibly long time to farm characters and gear them up, it can be easy to fall behind and get lost. I held onto JTRey Resistance (with special guests Luke and Thrawn) for too long, and it was getting obnoxious. Getting Chewie to 7 stars on the second pass and gearing him to 12 so I could comfortably swap to Rebels (with special guest Thrawn) helped, but I still get bumped around a bit overnight.

Getting Revan in the next week (I'm hoping to already be there) will be nice, but even with 7* Jolee and Bastila (who are at almost gear 10, and gear 11, respectively), needing another pile of gear to get them to gold status is a daunting grind that's going to take weeks or longer even if I dedicate every last resource I have to the endeavor (which I won't be, because I'm idly keeping an eye on shoring up my Ewoks for the next time C3P0 comes around).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    My goal is to stay top 100 arena, and top 50 fleet. That gives me 150 extra crystals a day.

If I can move higher, great.

I don't expect a huge boost with getting Revan tomorrow, because in theory everyone else is getting him too.

Then they'll probably change the meta soon after.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ugh...so impatient...

But I need 3 shards to finish T3.

Can’t...spend...crystals...on refreshes...must remain strong.

Yeah, just wait for refresh.

I got him this morning. Stuck on g8 right now. Should be able to g9 him at refresh.

Need more mk 3's to get his third zeta.

Still have 90 zetas banked. :biggrin:

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Nice. I’ll get over 40 zetas with the event rewards. Hopefully I’ll be lucky getting those last 20 for the third zeta. Not sure how I am with other ability mats.

I looked into what he needs for g10 and started saving too late...I should be close-ish.

Wasn't too tough with the crew I had, got him to Gear 7 and going to 8 should happen today, depending on what the stores pop up at least (and some RNG luck).

That said, I spent my Zetas on other characters (including Chewie, so I'm not really regretting that one), so I need 49 more to finish off Revan, assuming all 3 are worth having. I figure I'll need a while to get him up to 11 or 12 anyways, so it's not a huge deal, that should be a month or two (depending on the ship challenge RNG and other zeta awarding events).

I unlocked Revan this morning but had to level some toons up.

Now I have him at 7*, but only have 100k in credits so I can't level him. Plus i have 140 Zetas stockpiled that I can't afford to use yet.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited January 2019
    How do you guys manage to not spend so many zetas?

I fully zeta'd out my Bastila Jedi team. Then I zeta'd out my rebel team when I got Threepio. I put both zetas on Chewie, both on Threepio, I had not been using Raid Han so I zeta'd him and put a huge effort into gearing him as well, and I also had never picked up CLS's leader zeta because this is the first time I've used him in the leader role.

I find myself planning 2 or 3 characters/teams ahead, and I'm pretty sure at least my next 6 zetas are already planned out and spoken for.

Lucascraft on
    edited January 2019
    I spent a few months in the top 10 in fleet arena where I was earning enough fleet credits every day or two to buy a zeta. so I kind of got them falling out the butt.

Sadly my bottleneck with revan is actually my purple mats

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Yeah, I get a zeta from ships every other day.

I've placed 26 zetas so far.

I have on saved for Revan's third, Traya's second, and probably Wicket.

I get about 5-7 zetas a week with ship battles and purchasing them from Fleet Arena awards.

That combined with event battles nets me about 35-40 zetas a month.

Also, I've been running a fully zeta'd Nightsister team in Arena for about a year and been consistently in the top 100. I might switch to a BH or Revan team soon, but I don't really spend my zetas.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited January 2019
    I hit 78 and am pushing real hard for this ship ability tier to start farming omegas and zetas (finishing 4* ships today to 5* tarkin. 2/5 5* ships already) Hopefully that puts me in a good spot by the time I can start applying them

initiatefailure on
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Yeah not going to unlock Raven again this time around. I have all characters to 6 * but I don't think I'll be able to push them to 7* this time around. I guess I'll skip it this time again.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
    At a glance, I've placed 39 or 40 zetas. I've got a healthy supply of the purple ability mats, Omegas are my other sticking point. 49 zeta bits is one thing, but the 50'ish omegas that will take a month+ to accrue will also likely hold up my rate of application.

I can't say there are too many I regret placing, and having a wide array of zeta'd characters can be great, but like other gear crunches and bottlenecks, it can be a little exasperating to see 5 more abilities that want them show up in the time it takes me to farm the handful I definitely want to do now. It's not even about keeping up, but about not losing too much ground (spoiler: working as intended).

Separatist droids, and Grevious rework incoming accords to the road ahead blog post.

They hint to an hk rework too.

Probably need hk for Darth Revan.

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    I’ve almost finished off my Ewok team in preparation for C-3PO. Everyone’s at gear level 12, everyone’s got their zeta abilities, and I’m just upgrading their mods.

I’m not sure who to work on next though. Maybe some characters to help get through the Sith raid faster? I have a Resistance team that consistently posts between 2 and 3 million damage in phase one, but I feel like I’m not contributing much besides that.

Building a traditional Chex mix team for Sith would indeed be a good plan, or the Bounty and the Beast variant of Chex mix.

edited February 2019
    Chex mix is great in p3 but I hate that squad.

The amount of fuckery with mods and shit you have to do to make it work well is dumb as hell

mcp on
    edited February 2019
    In the ultimate tease, my farm today with a 25c refresh got me both 84/85 bastilla and 64/65 jolee. Thanks game

initiatefailure on
    I am 100% certain the rng is weighted to keep you 1 shy when you are out of energy

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    I'm not sure I'm going to put a ton of effort in getting the emperor's shuttle

I think it'll just fuck up my farms, and I still won't unlock it

I haven't even looked at the shuttle yet. I'm still farming for the BH ships to get the Falcon the next time it cycles back around.

The Falcon instantly shifted the entire meta to Home One + Rebel ships. And that's what I'm working on right now.

Emperor's Shuttle, even if it's good, will not be good enough to affect the meta right now.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I hit 83 last week and finally upgraded enough to advance guild quests in order to join Territory Wars. Got the Phoenix Team ready for Palpatine and Thrawn. Probably won't have a full Jedi team ready for GMY, but should be close enough to 5* at least. Started working on Bounty Hunters and the CLS team with my resources. I assume I won't need Ewoks until Jedi Master Luke gets announced, and I'm guessing they'll drop C3PO again before that happens. Will probably hit 85 in a week or two, woo.

Not even thinking about ship meta at the moment. I have a bunch of dark-side ships and the phoenix duo leveled up, but nothing crazy. Enough to keep me under rank 100 in my shard at least. Falcon sounds cool, but yeah, not ready for that.

Ewoks are needed for 3PO. So you need them to unlock him. And 3PO will almost certainly be required for Master Luke, so it's gonna be this big tree of what's needed for what to get Luke.

edited February 2019
    I don't even get enough ship energy to hit both the slave 1 and bastilla nodes I've been farming every day with a refresh. So unless it unlocks at like two stars I'll not be getting it.

I have my 4* dark side ships but they're not strong enough to clear tarkins 5* challenge. I just really want to get to that t3 ability farm so I can actually Omega some people

initiatefailure on
    The new b1 battle droid looks super fun

Man, between han's falcon and hounds tooth, the meta has made a huge, annoying shift for fleet arena. Every single team ranked above me is Home 1, hmf, ht and ghost.

Guess I have to grind hunters. Bleh.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    The standard PVP Arena is even worse. My shard's top 100 is probably 75% Revan teams now. It's pretty gross.

Before the return of Revan, I had managed to climb as high as 17 at my best, usually hovering around 40 with minimal effort. Now I'm struggling to stay top 100.

I need to grind my revan team. Jedi are still too low on gear. Can't break 750.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    7* Palp down. I wonder if I can do the mythic, probably not with Phoenix only at GIX-GX.

7* Palp down. I wonder if I can do the mythic, probably not with Phoenix only at GIX-GX.

Awesome I just got him too! Might as well try the mythic. It felt real good to max out my first legendary.

This ship thing is starting to get to me though. Tarkins 5* challenge seems way overturned for the level it recommends and it's just a stonewalling on progression while my shards pull away from me. Heres what I'm working with. At this point I'm putting everything into the pilots but it's just so many t3 ability mats I need
    6a7tue88psl5.jpg

I was able to do the first two palp mythics with the phoenix team, but I can't do the last one yet because I need to seven star empire team.

How do Marquee events work? I've never been around for one and there don't seem to be details posted about it?

• CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    How do Marquee events work? I've never been around for one and there don't seem to be details posted about it?

Its a series of battles, usually with broad character reqs (so pretty much most people can unlock the character). In each battle, you get the character (auto leveled and geared) for the event in that friend slot, and they describe one of the characters abilities. If you finish the battle, you get some shards. By the end of the whole sequence, you unlock that new character at a low star level (I think always 3 stars).

If you want them above 3 stars, you'll need to buy the inevitable characters packs available at the time. Or wait several months before they eventually open up a mission node to let f2p's farm the character.

I get events mixed up, but I think sometimes there's a generic play with this character battle where you don't earn anything, but get to play with their kit with squads you can make.

Cobell on