As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    3clipse wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    What's the best way to farm a Skullfort? I'd really like to start using it in Gambit matches. I have close to 1500 legendary shards from back when I played before, is there any way I can use those to get items?

Buy the fated engram from Xur on your Titan and hope he sells it again.

I just checked, and he is selling it again.

@milk ducks find your way to the EDZ’s Winding Cove.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    I distinctly remember that striker was nerfed sometime in Y1 to prevent it from being able to last forever.

Silly Bungie.

I don't remember that. They nerfed shoulder charge and grenade recharge back in Y1 but I don't remember much beyond that for striker.

The duration feels good in PvP now imo. Bottom-Striker has always been pretty solid with the knee-slams and now it's even better. In PvE it might be a bit out of hand.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46522
    Fixed an issue allowing players to chain Fist of Havoc abilities indefinitely

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Fuck it

Mayhem all activities all the time, let the skies rain space magic

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I distinctly remember that striker was nerfed sometime in Y1 to prevent it from being able to last forever.

Silly Bungie.

I don't remember that. They nerfed shoulder charge and grenade recharge back in Y1 but I don't remember much beyond that for striker.

The duration feels good in PvP now imo. Bottom-Striker has always been pretty solid with the knee-slams and now it's even better. In PvE it might be a bit out of hand.

That wasn't a nerf, that was a bug fix because you could glitch the super with a really specific series of moves and it was super finicky to boot. You had to like shoulder charge and then cancel the charge half-way with a slam and do that continuously to stay at just above 0% super energy.

shryke on

Silly Bungie.

That wasn't a nerf, that was a bug fix because you could glitch the super with a really specific series of moves and it was super finicky to boot. You had to like shoulder charge and then cancel the charge half-way with a slam and do that continuously to stay at just above 0% super energy.

You could activate an extra slam out of your final shoulder charge for some extra damage. I did that all the time on top-tree striker and it wasn't finicky at all.

It wasn't a bug. It was a "we don't want players doing this" change, like when they removed the mobility utility from shoulder charge.

Silly Bungie.

You could activate an extra slam out of your final shoulder charge for some extra damage. I did that all the time on top-tree striker and it wasn't finicky at all.

It wasn't a bug. It was a "we don't want players doing this" change, like when they removed the mobility utility from shoulder charge.

No, it was a bug. You can find no end of videos about it from around September/October 2017 and it was a way to infinitely chain charge->slam->charge->slam->etc to keep your super at 0% charge. It was hard but if you could keep the pattern going the super never ended. That's clearly a bug.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Awesome! Thanks guys

edited February 2019

Silly Bungie.

No, it was a bug. You can find no end of videos about it from around September/October 2017 and it was a way to infinitely chain charge->slam->charge->slam->etc to keep your super at 0% charge. It was hard but if you could keep the pattern going the super never ended. That's clearly a bug.

It works how you'd expect it to work. The bonus slam adds super energy. Then you can slam again. So Bungie removed the bonus slam.

At no point did that bonus slam ever seem like a "bug" instead of a feature, and Bungie wouldn't have touched it if not for how it interacted with bottom-tree striker.

EDIT: It was also part of the same patch where Bungie decided they didn't like players using shoulder charge for mobility (3+ years later) and nerfed its "unintended" movement utility.

Arteen on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    The Lore implications of the Last Word quest were... interesting?
    I like that we're moving to the "hybrid of Light and Dark as way to stop eternal conflict," but I also hate the trope that clearly our Guardian is different and special, and no other Guardian ever had the same journey as us.

That said, the fact that Shin Malphur handed off Last Word to the Guardian in a lore tab rather than a cutscene just so they didn't need to make and develop a new character is a pretty fucking lame missed opportunity.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Silly Bungie.

Nah, you could just do it with normal slams. Shoulder charging before a slam was just to close gaps.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I like that we're moving to the "hybrid of Light and Dark as way to stop eternal conflict," but I also hate the trope that clearly our Guardian is different and special, and no other Guardian ever had the same journey as us.

That said, the fact that Shin Malphur handed off Last Word to the Guardian in a lore tab rather than a cutscene just so they didn't need to make and develop a new character is a pretty fucking lame missed opportunity.

You may have misunderstood some stuff:
    The actual Lore Tab for TLW is Jaren Ward's letter to Shin, the day he left to duel Dredgen and lost.

The lore book reveals that TLW is actually something any guardian can manifest, akin to a universal Golden Gun.

I guess that's a means to avoid introducing Shin proper, but I reckon he may still pop up in one of the upcoming Seasons, as it's clear Malfeasance -> TLW -> Thorn -> ??? is a prominent sub-story to the overarching narrative for the year.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Purify Thorn and get a Rose back maybe?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm pretty ok with them leaving major characters as text at this point; I didn't think Saint 14 would end up in a better place narratively than Osiris considering what happens to them both, but here we are.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

You may have misunderstood some stuff:
    The actual Lore Tab for TLW is Jaren Ward's letter to Shin, the day he left to duel Dredgen and lost.

The lore book reveals that TLW is actually something any guardian can manifest, akin to a universal Golden Gun.

I guess that's a means to avoid introducing Shin proper, but I reckon he may still pop up in one of the upcoming Seasons, as it's clear Malfeasance -> TLW -> Thorn -> ??? is a prominent sub-story to the overarching narrative for the year.

I had read the Lore tab on TLW right, but yeah I misread the first paragraph of that last entry, your points are solid. Thanks for clarifying.

I would be surprised if they don't introduce him. Just by
    Having ressurrected Yor kill him to make you hunt Yor, only it'll be less satisfying in text or if it happened like immediately after introducing the character.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Hey so, *is* there something I should be doing with these 1500 legendary shards? Like is there something worthwhile that I should be dumping them into? I saw someone post something on Reddit about buying certain items from the Spider and selling or converting them into another vendor to fish for god roll legendaries and stuff but it was a little hard to follow.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hey so, *is* there something I should be doing with these 1500 legendary shards? Like is there something worthwhile that I should be dumping them into? I saw someone post something on Reddit about buying certain items from the Spider and selling or converting them into another vendor to fish for god roll legendaries and stuff but it was a little hard to follow.

- Giving them to Spider for Enhancement Cores is a great option, but be aware that the price doubles each core that day. I usually only buy 2 or 3 a day
    - Giving them to Spider for planet materials is good too if you need some
    - Ada has Mod Components you can get for Shards + Weapon Parts, you can then use the Mod Components at Banshee/Gunsmith for Mods, or Ada + Black Armory things for specialer mods

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL

Not really. When you start playing the game, you'll barely scrape by on the meager amount of legendary shards you can cobble together. But eventually you'll hit a tipping point and end up with more than you can ever use.

I recommend buying a stack of boons from Zavala if you play strikes. Buy exotics from Xur if you need them.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I would not say I’m starved for shards, but I’m not playing enough to be overflowing. I’ve seen a significant dip in my bank since I started filling out my Y1 exotics from Xur.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Raid banners are always a good way to dump shards

kofz2amsvqm3.png

Not really. There's a few places you can dump them but you have to be really aggressive about it for them not to start to pile up.

I have almost 15,000 shards.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2019
    Did Like a Diamond, again, now that they fixed it. Now I can totally put on my Blacksmith title as soon as I, uh, forge 40 weapons, get 500 kills with 4 different weapons, and do two more rare bounties. Or, I can give up now.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Ok so like can someone explain how to use colony to me because it seems like I can shoot 7 into a crowd and the spiders literally hit nobody

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    edited February 2019
    Im on like 7 games of Mayhem in a row with no double nade kills...

How is this supposed to be easier? Two people are never tethered if they are I’m likely about to die to a shield bouncing some crazy angle or a Slova bomb or blade barrage

And then I’m lucky as hell if some other super doesn’t kill them before I’m out of my animation

This mountain top quest is an abomination
    Edit: Christ everyone in mayham is slova or blade barrage this no longer works as an option for mountain top in the new meta

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    Triple post but for good cause. I inspired shaxx to invent the redrix broadsword. It’s official lore now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVsU7JBEUFk

616610-1.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

You can spend them on planetary materials from Spider and then turn those planetary materials in for vendor rank ups on the respective planet. Each rank up package has a chance to contain an exotic (only Y1 stuff) but it's going to be very slow going and not exactly the best method.
    The bright side is that dismantling all the gear you get from this will basically refresh your lego shards and give you cores since you'll get a lot of masterwork gear.
    Mercury and Mars planetary mats are the best because the shaders from there dismantle into more lego shards so you recoup even more of your spent shards.

It's always possible they might have nerfed this I guess? I honestly don't know because I haven't played the game since before Black Armoury dropped.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I want to like the last word but it's going to take some getting used to. I got what felt like some dicey hit registration when I was hip firing but I don't know whether it was me or the gun. Everyone else is figuring it out too so I got into some of the derpiest duels in the history of Destiny.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/9ZMvfdPxFAE

Coolguy has a review of Last Word. Actual review begins at 2:22. Tips to help people get used to the gun start at around 7:20, skipping to this also gives you the benefit of skipping the blatant lies Coolguy tells about Last Word being a skill weapon when we all know it's actually easy mode.
    His stuff at the end about combating the recoil might be helpful, especially the tips on strafing and how you need to break the side to side strafing habit you would usually have from other Destiny guns since on Last Word it just creates confusing visual recoil.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm pretty ok with them leaving major characters as text at this point; I didn't think Saint 14 would end up in a better place narratively than Osiris considering what happens to them both, but here we are.

kicking your enemies' ass so hard they make a shrine as tribute to how much of a beast you were isn't a bad way to go out.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So I watched about 2/3s of Byf’s TLW vod and if I didn’t know better you could tell me he made it all up and I wouldn’t really care.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone on PS4 feel like doing a shattered throne tonight?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

You can spend them on planetary materials from Spider and then turn those planetary materials in for vendor rank ups on the respective planet. Each rank up package has a chance to contain an exotic (only Y1 stuff) but it's going to be very slow going and not exactly the best method.
    The bright side is that dismantling all the gear you get from this will basically refresh your lego shards and give you cores since you'll get a lot of masterwork gear.
    Mercury and Mars planetary mats are the best because the shaders from there dismantle into more lego shards so you recoup even more of your spent shards.

It's always possible they might have nerfed this I guess? I honestly don't know because I haven't played the game since before Black Armoury dropped.

Just to clarify, the dude that devised this strategy (and tested it ridiculously--like, 20,000 shards worth of ridiculous) came to the conclusion that Mercury (Simulation Seeds) gives the best returns but Mars (Seraphite) gives the worst.

You'll see the occasional post on r/dtg just noting that Seeds are selling for shards on a particular day for that reason.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Somehow, I am still awestruck every time the Countdown Curse takes effect.

24hxtn6jgdfo.png

The only two games of Countdown I've won since I've started playing again were one where @shryke randomly got put on my team and dragged us to victory, and another one that was, like, a normal game.

And yes, that was a 3 v 4 from the very start. But my sack of potatoes was too heavy.

skyknyt wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 feel like doing a shattered throne tonight?

Having never done shattered throne, if you'll have me I'll try it. What time did you have in mind?

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was thinking around 11pm/midnight PST

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Wait till Spider is selling simulation seeds for shards. Then go buy 1000 shards worth of sim seeds. Then go to see Brother Vance on Mercury, and feed him sim seeds. Everything he gives you dismantles into shards including shaders. Some of it turns into Cores because he hands out masterwork weapons too. Most of it turns into weapon parts. By the time you're done, you'll be down just a few shards, it's the best currency turn around in game right now.

He sometimes hands out exotics, old ones too.

This was what I did initially when I moved to PC.

Nosf on
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I was thinking around 11pm/midnight PST

Unfortunately I’m east coast so that’s too late for me

edited February 2019
    So tether should have an invulnerability itself until at least the delay of the suppression

Tether a guy who then uses blade barrage shouldn’t destroy the tether leaving the guy free to run off that’s silly

If you’re going to let him cast his ultimate still at least let the tether survive it

And also no ult should be able to panic ult a tether. If you try it should suck you out of your animation and waste your ult

Just silly it’s so delayed they can see you cast It, then cast back at you and win

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    Fallen precision multikills, game? Come on, you know I'm not good at this.

Mountain top got! I don’t think I’ve hated anything this much in my life! The ace invader kills were bad but this was just a nightmare

616610-1.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    A little behind the curve, but finally hit 650 tonight.

Locked down The Last Word as well.

98rhuee6uw1k.png

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6