As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It sucks that Paul W. S. Anderson went completely off the deep end. Apparenty Netherrealm kinda can't reference or talk about the movie (even the main theme) anymore because Anderson sued them, basically going "The only reason this IP is relevant anymore is because of my movies, so I should get the rights."

Which is insane, but I guess it's still ongoing. Honestly, I'm surprised that "Kano is austrailan" is still a thing they're doing, since that's like the ONE thing that came from the film that they still use.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    He just wants to cast Milla Jovovich as every character in the reboot

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    It sucks that Paul W. S. Anderson went completely off the deep end. Apparenty Netherrealm kinda can't reference or talk about the movie (even the main theme) anymore because Anderson sued them, basically going "The only reason this IP is relevant anymore is because of my movies, so I should get the rights."

Which is insane, but I guess it's still ongoing. Honestly, I'm surprised that "Kano is austrailan" is still a thing they're doing, since that's like the ONE thing that came from the film that they still use.

Wow, I didn't know this. What a dick...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    NRS apparently confirmed that Kronika will not be a playable character in MK11, and she's also the sole big bad in the story as well.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    NRS apparently confirmed that Kronika will not be a playable character in MK11, and she's also the sole big bad in the story as well.

I’ll have to trust them but I do like a big galoot of a sub-boss. I know they haven’t always had em but I still feel like that’s been a core thing, even if they’re run out of ways to make ANOTHER indomitable brute that’s at least three weight classes above everyone else.

I assume Geras is like her Goro. I think they mean that she's the only big villain in the story mode.

Like Shao Khan wont be a factor or whatever,

Played some MKX tonight. Can you consider yourself as "good" with a character if you never play against real people, and play on medium only? Cause I am good with Jackie. I've actually gotten even better than I used to be after getting into Max's channel and watching him play fighting games. I combo into stuff and land juggle shit way more efficiently than I used to.

If she does come back, I hope she gets some better fatalities though. The ones she has in MKX are pretty lame :/

I just love her playstyle, especially with the shotgun variation. Plus her attitude is just the best. "Say my name, bitch!"

Also, a match against Erron Black:

Erron: I have a problem.

Jackie: Your peepee hurts?

Erron: Now you have a problem.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfdUaS7RsKY

I really hope these regional costumes are available to everyone. Russian Skarlett looks badass!

Nothing beats Kung Lao/Reptile from MK9

"I have no quarrel with you."

"I WILL DEVOUR YOUR FACE!"

"I now have a quarrel with you."

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    The banter was great in Injustice 2 as well.

Atrocitus: “I’ll crush you with one hand!”

Harley: “What are you doing with the other hand?”

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    Bring back the Jason Voorhees for MK11 pls. I forgot how fucking good my dude is.

No lie, they did a pretty great job making a fighter version of Jason who conveyed the mannerisms and body language of the character.

I really dig when developers go the extra mile with character work and performance.

Just give me Freddy AND Jason in the same game, dammit.

Or, as I've said 20 million times. I really wish they could just make a horror movie icon fighting game. Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, the Predator and the Xenomorph are a good start, and I know Michael Meyers is also available.

I'd shit my pants if they included the Tall Man.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular

Or, as I've said 20 million times. I really wish they could just make a horror movie icon fighting game. Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, the Predator and the Xenomorph are a good start, and I know Michael Meyers is also available.

they could just add generic monsters as well if there is a lack of easily recognizable movie monsters (or more likely licensing issues).

Yeah, kinda stinks they blew their Freddy load in MK9. We coulda had AvP and Freddy vs Jason dream matches in MKX. Leatherface is cool and all, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1bTbEiL_Y

Here's some of my severely mediocre Jason gameplay. PS4 I guess only records stuff for 15 minutes, so it kinda cuts out but I don't really get any better by the end :P I did wreck Shinnok's day though! I know I don't use combo breakers or Unstoppable Jason's buffs nearly enough. Also couldn't combo into that choke slam at all... Could get that wakeup shoulder charge charge to come out either.

Still, bask in my mediocrity and remember this day when ol' Skullnumbers is up on stage at the VGAs in December accepting the esports award.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular

Jigsaw and Chucky would be good additions, but I don't know what you do with the height differences.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I don't know about Chucky, but Jigsaw could be a really interesting fighting game character. I imagine he'd use a lot of traps and gadgets in combat.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »

Jigsaw and Chucky would be good additions, but I don't know what you do with the height differences.

Team them up in a Ferra/Torr kind of thing? Just have Chucky riding around on Jigsaw's back?

It's been a while since I watched any of the Saw movies, Jigsaw is still a terminal cancer patient confined to a wheel chair or hospital bed, right (it's been a long while)? I don't know exactly how that would work, but I think I'd like to see it happen.

But yeah, Tall Man in an NRS fighting game would be a great match, just all kinds of floating death balls for weapons.
    Also Pinhead, maybe use the other Cenobites from Hellraiser as variants. But he's all about the chains and hooks (also has that whole demon from hell thing), so that may be stepping on Scorpions shtick a little. Less fire on Pinhead's part though. Maybe they could meet up and talk about chain suppliers before they kill each other.

i dunno about jigsaw. unless the character was the puppet he isn't a "fighter" and likeness issues aside a random guy probably isn't very recognizable. maybe that changed in later movies as i only saw up to #3

for chucky they could cheat a big and just make a few feet tall. basically pregame have him walk out small then grow due to <reasons> and he is just a small kharacter. it introduces weird stuff on a number of axis whether it be jumps or high projectiles but maybe just have whatever increases his size make him match full person size. i never actually watched any of those movies so i don't know if that's ruining something on the lore side

Just design a game with small characters in mind and then you can bring in the Leprechaun.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just design a game with small characters in mind and then you can bring in the Leprechaun.

Who do I need to talk to to pitch a fighter featuring every character Warrick Davis has ever played?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK0W7m8SPSk

Hot damn, I didn't know this was a thing. Goddamn, the folks over at NRS really know how to do fanservice...

Jason's doesn't make sense to me, though. Who's that supposed to be? I figured he'd just go "Ki ki ki" or something.

I really want to start learning more about the modes and gameplay rollout.

It may never happen (development costs, etc) but I’d really like to see a fully realized Konquest Mode. Like running around on Shang Tsung’s island of death. I know every few years they sort of flirt with the idea (MK Mythologies, Shaolin Monks, etc), I wonder if at some point they’ll ever do the MK equivalent of Jade Empire.

I think there is a screenshot from the event last month of a menu option labeled "Konquest". The icon was a picture of Rain from behind looking toward a mountain. Could just be where you go to play the towers, though.

I think there is a screenshot from the event last month of a menu option labeled "Konquest". The icon was a picture of Rain from behind looking toward a mountain. Could just be where you go to play the towers, though.

I feel like the definition of Konquest Mode has drifted a lot, especially with MK’s further push into online multiplayer and presence in e-sports. I’d love to be wrong, but I don’t feel wrong in 2019.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Kombat Kast starting now-ish, will probably include a kharacter reveal or two.

Weird. There's an Inside Xbox that's has an MK11 segmen, and it starts in like an hour. I figured they'd drop a character reveal there.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They're showing off Kabal. He looks cool.

i don't remember, was kabal present when they had the
    massacre at the end of MK9? there was no explanation given for why he was absent in MK10 correcT?

i dunno if anyone cares about a game this old but whatever

I think he was there? I just remember Sindel showing up and killing, like... everybody.

Interesting redesign. Not, like, drastic, mostly just a tasteful haircut and a less bugeyed mask. Maybe it’ll grow on me, but it looks almost too understated.

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Kabal's playstyle seems especially flexible, he can do everything.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Kombat Kast starting now-ish, will probably include a kharacter reveal or two.

I was going to make a comment about the likely overuse of the letter K. Then of course Kabul was announced. Next it will be Kung Lao, then Kintaro and then Khamelion.

Brought to you by the letter K.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    i don't remember, was kabal present when they had the
    massacre at the end of MK9? there was no explanation given for why he was absent in MK10 correcT?

i dunno if anyone cares about a game this old but whatever

The multiple timelines let them do whatever they want with characters.
    Baraka super died in MKX for example

Another returning character announced at Inside Xbox
    Devorah from MKX!

Oh, so Kabal in this is pre-fucked up by Reptile Kabal? Have we ever seen that in an MK game before? I didn't play much of the PS2 MKs

Oh, so Kabal in this is pre-fucked up by Reptile Kabal? Have we ever seen that in an MK game before? I didn't play much of the PS2 MKs

He wasn't playable, but he briefly appeared that way in MK9 before he got toasted.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Another returning character announced at Inside Xbox
    Devorah from MKX!

God I hated this character

My one friend loves her and kicks the shit out of me using her

I'm sure he'll be happy :mad:

Local H Jay on