As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Subforum Idea

godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
Would it be feasible to create a Subforum to facilitate gaming meetups outside of PAX? For example, say I'm in Anywhere, America and want to start a D&D group or something, I make a post to see if folks nearby are interested. Until now there hasn't really been a centralized place forum folks could go to look for these kinds of meetups.
Thoughts?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Would it be feasible to create a Subforum to facilitate gaming meetups outside of PAX? For example, say I'm in Anywhere, America and want to start a D&D group or something, I make a post to see if folks nearby are interested. Until now there hasn't really been a centralized place forum folks could go to look for these kinds of meetups.
    Thoughts?

Critical Failures?

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    CF hosts discussion and play threads, if you added just one group finding thread it would work, but multiple threads would mean something is getting lost in the shuffle.

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    In my mind I imagined individual threads for specific regions, which is why I thought a subforum might be appropriate to keep them all together. There would be threads for single cities, or for really dense cities maybe a thread for a specific area.
    Say I wanted to start a D&D 5e group in Eastern Yokohama, Japan. I'd probably make a thread titled something like, "Japan / Yokohama / D&D5e". Or maybe I know it's a spot with a lot of forumers like Seattle, maybe it would be more along the lines of, "Seattle / Ballard / Board Games". Maybe I don't want to play board games at all (further removing the idea from CF), and I want to get some folks over for Switch nights or something.
    This kind of thing exists elsewhere, obviously: there's Meetup, Reddit, Facebook, etc. My thinking though is that I already know that by finding fellow PA forumers that the odds are better we'll have a common interest, plus I don't have to go out to yet another site when I already like this particular community, and I have a better chance of avoiding toilet people.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    CF hosts discussion and play threads, if you added just one group finding thread it would work, but multiple threads would mean something is getting lost in the shuffle.

We used to have a google maps thing in CF where people could put in their address and see if there were other PA people nearby.
    Not sure what happened to it, but you might be able to dig it out of the depths.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't think this is a bad idea at all, but:
    • I think other sites are probably already doing this better than we could
    • I don't think we have the bandwidth to do it