As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Well I'm mostly thinking about the next league, so i would start with nothing again, so budget is completely up to RNG dropping exhalts for me. I'm usually the kind to stick to one main per season for a game like this, so i dont get burned out, and it irritates me how everything is fine for so long, then suddenly a huge wall in front of you.

multi char is pretty key for PoE, most builds cannot do everything

EH scion is a swiss army knife, as is MS jugg, and BV Chieftain

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Miners are definitely a great league starter too for minimal investment. Their blind aura and MoM help with a lot of survivability and if you're saucy, you can go for acrobatics too.

I've been debating what I want to start next league with. An Ahn's Might juggernaut sounds kinda fun. It probably won't be able to go far in to red maps but it'll probably be cheap and good enough to make me currency for whatever I do next.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Miners are definitely a great league starter too for minimal investment. Their blind aura and MoM help with a lot of survivability and if you're saucy, you can go for acrobatics too.

I've been debating what I want to start next league with. An Ahn's Might juggernaut sounds kinda fun. It probably won't be able to go far in to red maps but it'll probably be cheap and good enough to make me currency for whatever I do next.

My first shaper kill ever was this league with Ahn’s Might Cleave Jugg. It’s cheap and versatile and just fine for red maps.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Griswold wrote: »

My first shaper kill ever was this league with Ahn’s Might Cleave Jugg. It’s cheap and versatile and just fine for red maps.

Did you use a guide and happen to have a link?

Saldonas on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Still mad about that ring, there is no good reason crafting benches shouldn't eject whatever item you put in when you close the window

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well I'm mostly thinking about the next league, so i would start with nothing again, so budget is completely up to RNG dropping exhalts for me. I'm usually the kind to stick to one main per season for a game like this, so i dont get burned out, and it irritates me how everything is fine for so long, then suddenly a huge wall in front of you.

I started a Vortex CI Occultist in SSFHC on Xbox a couple days ago. I'm currently level 83 and could be much higher (or dead) if I played with even a modicum of efficiency. Storm Brand to level until I got a weapon with Cold DoT multi. Hybrid to t1 maps until I found a Vaal Regalia. Ran bridge for syndicate until I got "proc socketed spells" and picked up all the yellows for chaos recipe. Chaos spammed Regalia until I got a decent roll (like 400--this is SSF) and swapped to CI all the while looking for dense fossils with the meager amount of sulphite I could cobble together. Worked very well. Biggest scare was having my controller disco during fight with Residence Boss. Had to pull the plug on the Xbox but hey, it didn't happen during Elder fight so I lived :) Upshot is that no trouble doing Vortex CI first char on SSFHC which suggests it is a viable league starter.

Edit: forgot to note this is a very strong end game character if a bit below meta in mapping speed. Just pointing out you can do it from the get go.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Still mad about that ring, there is no good reason crafting benches shouldn't eject whatever item you put in when you close the window

I suspect if you get the safehouse back with the same crafting bench the ring will still be there.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So I'm on what i think is the last step of the zana quest. its to lure the elder into the center of the atlas and defeat it. I've watched some videos on what needs to be done here but don't know if i have the morale to do this shit.

Does killing the ubre elder with some other group count for the quest or do i have to do this map bullshit again and do it on my own.

just to clarify, this is the ubre elder fight right? i have to defeat all the T16 guys to drag the elder influence into the center, which spawns the four guardians, which means i have to do the T16 maps again to defeat the guardians, THEN i use the four fragments to go to the center again? god this sucks. i was thinking the ubre elder part of the fight was beyond zana's questline for the challenge.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    you have to spawn your own uber elder for the quest, but someone can kill it with you

• Options
    So I'm on what i think is the last step of the zana quest. its to lure the elder into the center of the atlas and defeat it. I've watched some videos on what needs to be done here but don't know if i have the morale to do this shit.

Does killing the ubre elder with some other group count for the quest or do i have to do this map bullshit again and do it on my own.

just to clarify, this is the ubre elder fight right? i have to defeat all the T16 guys to drag the elder influence into the center, which spawns the four guardians, which means i have to do the T16 maps again to defeat the guardians, THEN i use the four fragments to go to the center again? god this sucks. i was thinking the ubre elder part of the fight was beyond zana's questline for the challenge.

its actually pretty easy to spawn uber elder once u kill shaper

do any red maps, t11+

doing t14 and t15 makes it easier but any 11+ will work

do those red maps until you get elder influence on reds, then guide the elder influence by clearing adjacent shaper influenced maps until you bring elder to t15/t16

once elder attachs to one t15/t16, shaper will attach to all 4 t16s. clear those to spawn the guardians on t16s and elder on shapers map

clear all t16 guardians, then put in fragments to fight uber. since you kill t16s twice you get 8x fragments for 2x attempts on uber

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    My multimodded cold Sceptre has T2 Cold DoT Multi, but I've always wanted more. Every so often I do a search for 34%+ Cold Dot Multi on generic one-handers with above 35% implicit spell or elemental damage, and last night I found a winner. It was an Imbued Wand (33-37% increased spell damage implicit) with 38% Cold DoT Multi (the top of Tier 1), two open prefixes, and three garbage suffixes.

I bought it for 3c.

First step was throwing an Annul at it; this had a 75% chance to hit a suffix, opening up the next step. A suffix was hit.

Second step was to metacraft the suffixes away. This is something I've seen streamers do a thousand times; you craft Prefixes Cannot Be Changed and hit the item with a Scour. I doublechecked my assumptions and spent the 2 Exalted to put the metamod on it, then Scoured it.

Success! I removed the two shit suffixes plus the crafted suffix. Leaving the item with just the T1 Prefix. Time to multimod, right? Can you guess what happened?

I created an item with a single affix, which turned it back into a blue item. Ohfuck. I've never seen this before, usually because when crafters are metacrafting they have a full set of prefixes or suffixes they want to keep, not just one and two blank spots. Lesson learned, but it might have cost me 2 exalts...

I have to Regal it now; I do, and get +21 accuracy. Great. Time to Annul it again... and phew, I hit the +Accuracy. Now I had a rare with a single prefix.

And after another 3 Ex in multimodding, Corruption Smasher is dead; long live Corruption Call.

wi1ebqoteq1w.jpg

Hooray, I spent 5 exalts and 65c for a 4% damage increase, but it gets my Vortex just over 1.1m Shaper dps all by itself =) And I can probably sell Corruption Smasher for enough to cover the crafting costs. And in terms of further increasing the damage of this build, it's actually one of the cheapest options I had; four prop jewels are 10+ exalts, a +2 Gems Shavs is like 30ex. I could get level 21 gems in my damage links, that'd probably be a cheaper per-gem boost though more expensive overall.

I made the same 2ex mistake but without any upside... Live and learn!

• Options
    So what was the missing piece here to prevent the weapon from turning back in to a magic item?

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the guild? I'm Dracil_Betrayal this league. I started dabbling at the tail end of the last league then started again a few weeks ago. Doing maps now.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    So what was the missing piece here to prevent the weapon from turning back in to a magic item?

In our case, it would have had to have at least two prefixes before scouring it (with prefixes cannot be changed.)

• Options
    Quick reminder why HC on Xbox sucks. Running laughable low level delve for fossils screen freezes. Logout. Login. Dead. I'm gonna miss that Dream Fragments.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    HC is the best way for me to quit playing PoE

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    HC is the best way for me to quit playing PoE

I like SSFHC due to how it slows the game down and every drop can be a wooo hooo moment, but yeah, getting whacked by lag is just plain dumb. I played most of this league as SC and it was awesome but I kinda missed my last two HCSSF leagues because you can compete on the leaderboards (hubris). I'm still pretty sure I can top the leaderboard if I am dumb enough to try.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Why'd you choose to start playing on the Xbox over the PC? I figure that'd probably solve some of your weird issues?

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I haven't died to lag or a DC in probably two years or more

I mean they happen and yeah they suck. But for me its either play HC or don't play at all. I don't have enough free time for SSF and the SC economy is a joke. That's besides the fact that I don't really enjoy the game without a fail state.

Although the dwindling HC population makes it really hard to play late league.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Quick reminder why HC on Xbox sucks. Running laughable low level delve for fossils screen freezes. Logout. Login. Dead. I'm gonna miss that Dream Fragments.

This isnt just a problem with XBox.

I you all are burnt out on PoE the Median d2 mod is excellent. Been cracking out on it pretty hard.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Why'd you choose to start playing on the Xbox over the PC? I figure that'd probably solve some of your weird issues?

I have some issues with my left hand that make playing with controller much nicer. I tend to try PC for a bit every season but it significantly limits my play time. This might be a feature and not a bug :biggrin:

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Ah, unfortunate! I had to give up playing on my 3DS because my hands just can't deal with that control scheme anymore.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Eyyy, we finally beat the campaign last night! First time all the way through, levels 73 and 71 respectively. Got our asses kicked by Kitava something fierce but oh well. What does the post game look like here? We picked up our free map and ran it real quick, is it just a bunch of those? That wouldn't be the worst.

• Options
    You've basically unlocked the real game now

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Eyyy, we finally beat the campaign last night! First time all the way through, levels 73 and 71 respectively. Got our asses kicked by Kitava something fierce but oh well. What does the post game look like here? We picked up our free map and ran it real quick, is it just a bunch of those? That wouldn't be the worst.

Just follow Zana's quest line to Uber Elder.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Just follow Zana's quest line to Uber Elder.

While technically a correct response, its a little more complicated then that.

Zana's questline explanations are a bit vague. to start with you want to start completing atlas objectives. 'white' maps (Tier 1-5), you need to beat them, including the boss. Yellow (Tier 5-10) maps need to be turned into a rare version of the map (with an alch orb), then completed with boss kill,, and Reds (11-17) need to be completed turned yellow, AND a Vaal orb used on them to turn them corrupted. If you just want to run a map, and already have the completion mark, you dont need to alch or vaal them, but alch and vaaling maps make them have a higher chance to drop equipment, or raises the pack size of monsters.

Your first objective is to raise your completion by doing all the white maps you can (One each at least. if you have trouble finding maps to complete, buy them and this can get a bit expensive), then move to yellow, etc. While you do this, you start to understand how the shaper (starry blobs) and elder(tentacle blobs) move around the map, and how you can manipulate them yourself (again this can be expensive since you will need specific maps to complete which you may run out of). doing zanas questline has you then doing specific types of maps on certain tiers, etc, but completing more and more maps bonus objectives increases your likelyhood to get good maps to run. Meanwhile you also have atlas objectives popping up on the atlas to get you incursions, sulphite for delving, more maps, or buddy Einhar beasts.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Delving is also super fun, but not sustainable as an only activity. You have to do maps/run other areas to get more sulphite.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Yay, 36 challenges complete. I can finally rest for a month or so until the next league is upon us.

• Options
    From Reddit, every f'in time

30YACQP.jpg[IMG][/img]

• Options
    i reskilled my lvl 82 berserker into crit sword boi

now he has 3.5 mil shaper dps

help

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    oh soooooo

in my grind to 100 in breachstones

i went full leecher

got 2x rings for 2% exp each, 2x weps for 3% exp each, and a helm for 5% exp

then put a bunch of lvl 1 gems into my sockets and got ALOT of lvl 20s. then did the gcp recipe for 1/20s, and relvld

i ended up with 58 20/20s when i hit 100. mostly arcs, GC, molten strikes, and Ele hits

i vaal'd them all on thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Il-kL2s1GE

total investment

(time for lvling, about 6-8 hours)

84c worth of gcp (about 1.45 c/1 gcp is the current rate)

outcome:
    5 lvl 20/20 vaal arcs
    4 20/23, arcs and gcs
    couple others 20/23
    4(!!!!) 21/20 GCS

sold 3 of the gcs at 1.7 ex each, keeping the last one for personal use when i may try gc mines/totems again

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Your efficiency and dedication astounds me.

• Options
    So when does this league end? And whats the next one? And can the next one please have no syndicate?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    So when does this league end? And whats the next one? And can the next one please have no syndicate?

3.6 announcement is scheduled for this thurs/fri, feb 14/15

it will likely be first week of march, starting mar 8. betrayal will end march 4-6

syndicate is returning, however it will likely be similar to the current masters quests via daily icons on atlas, random spawns in maps, and betreyal scarabs

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

it will likely be first week of march, starting mar 8. betrayal will end march 4-6

syndicate is returning, however it will likely be similar to the current masters quests via daily icons on atlas, random spawns in maps, and betreyal scarabs

Well of they do have to come back I hope either the board is less fiddly or the rewards are more even so fiddling with the board is less necessary

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

Well of they do have to come back I hope either the board is less fiddly or the rewards are more even so fiddling with the board is less necessary

It would be nice if every Syndicate member had at least one desirable reward. I know some will always be ideal but right now there's just no reason to have certain ones anywhere. Vagan was only useful until I unveiled Hits Can't Be Evaded and then he's just wasted space. Who shows up in every freaking encounter.

Maybe some kind of extra incentive to have as many in each safehouse as possible. Get a veiled item drop from each one for example. Given that the rate of unveiling recipes is bound to be slower this would be a pretty big incentive

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    They're not going to toss out all that voice acting investment if they can help it. And I definitely want It That Fled to stick around. Very fun and somehow endearing character despite looking like a flayed corpse bathed in glue and ran around in Sauron's armory.

I really fell off this league because of traveling and work but I've enjoyed what I've seen. I just had trouble with building trap damage.

Hope the next league features a little more love for melee and self-cast. There's a bunch of attack skills and cold spells I haven't touched.

• Options
    I still need to hop on and open 3 research stashes. I should take care of that tomorrow.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm more hoping they buff sulphite in 3.6. I feel like delve is really interesting, but so hard to get into.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain