As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    The whole stances, combo counters, combos, channelling and whatnot is what I'm hoping gets a big re-work in Melee 3.0. I can't be bothered to remember how many times to press E for every different weapon which is mostly my own laziness but it kind of feels like whoever designed the system now really wanted it to work like an arcade fighter only they are just stuck with one button to mash.

I think Steve once said something along the lines of it should have been less DMC, more Dynasty Warriors.

steam_sig.png
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    The other cool thing about stances (even if you only quick attack) is that they act like auras on frames and ADD capacity to your weapon.

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    If DE was aiming for DMC with the current melee system, they missed.

Now if every weapon had some variation on a Stinger, the ability to juggle and maybe some real bonuses for good combo strings I'd probably put my guns away more.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I think i dont understand melee. I always just keep

Rapiers are popular, for example, because their combo stance has a guaranteed slash proc on the first attack and nearly all their attacks are fast and hit multiple times, plus impact procs that sometimes lead to finishers. Sword & Whip could be seen as the thinking man's version, as it also has a slash proc, but only on a couple of combos.

I didn't realize sword and whip had some forced bleeds too. I like the aesthetics of the blade/whip over rapiers so I might try and track down Mios and see what I can whip up (I've already got Defiled Snapdragon).

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Well after, hell I dunno how many years now, I finally have an Excalibur cooking. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Tempo Royal is an auto-include on any heavy blade for me. When I quick melee I expect to hit something fast.

Before I got that stance I mostly used swords or dual swords because of the speed.

In a way I think it breaks melee weapons, since why would I bring a sword when a heavy blade becomes almost as fast but brings a lot more damage.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Tempo Royal is an auto-include on any heavy blade for me. When I quick melee I expect to hit something fast.

Before I got that stance I mostly used swords or dual swords because of the speed.

In a way I think it breaks melee weapons, since why would I bring a sword when a heavy blade becomes almost as fast but brings a lot more damage.

Because another stance dramatically ups a sword's damage so each hit of a combo does 300% damage and makes you wonder why you'd bother with a heavy blade when you can bring a sword that now does a lot of damage and brings a lot more speed.

See, balanced!

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    What, I thought cleaving whirlwind was the only stance for heavy blades; spin to win!

One of the dev streams I vaguely remember them likening the current melee system to learning Morse Code, while the new 3.0 system will give you different combo chains based off of your directional input I believe.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Razorback event is up on Switch.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Good lord.

I have a killer sinus infection and I am now actually too sick to play Warframe :( The pain from the sinus pressure makes looking at Lots Of Shiny Things On A Screen REALLY painful. Dammit, sick days should be for farming, not sitting in bed going "man I wish I could farm!"

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Good lord.

I have a killer sinus infection and I am now actually too sick to play Warframe :( The pain from the sinus pressure makes looking at Lots Of Shiny Things On A Screen REALLY painful. Dammit, sick days should be for farming, not sitting in bed going "man I wish I could farm!"

Become a real tenno. Meditate on it and do it with your eyes closed.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So there's currently both a Orokin Catalyst and Riven mod alert up.

edit though they're both 22h left, so no rush

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I choose my melee stance by which one looks the coolest

JtgVX0H.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    So there's currently both a Orokin Catalyst and Riven mod alert up.

edit though they're both 22h left, so no rush

On the minus side, the free Kavat has been indefinitely delayed.

Woah, there's going to be a free kavat?

Saldonas wrote: »

For watching today's Devstream live on twitch.

steam_sig.png
    Blah! Hope it's there for whenever the next dev stream is, and hopefully it'll be a smeeta, cause I still haven't gotten one with all the kavat's I've made.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I find it
    Foefaller wrote: »

For watching today's the Devstream that was supposed to be aired today live on twitch...whenever it happens. Maybe next week or something

ftfy

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Good lord.

Why don't you just wear sunglasses?

Indoors.

Like a true hardcore player.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Blah! Hope it's there for whenever the next dev stream is, and hopefully it'll be a smeeta, cause I still haven't gotten one with all the kavat's I've made.

It's just the starter kit with the components, so it's random.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Well after, hell I dunno how many years now, I finally have an Excalibur cooking. :razz:

Fool!

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    This week in space herpes, I've been avoiding pplaying my Mesa Prime with other players because I didn't want to catch Space Herpes on her, and I had only did one mission with her in a group last week.

Today, she had the full polyp thing. The devil ranger skin combined with her hat simply hid it all this time. :|

edit: also just failed the Melee Rivn mission because of the Ratel bug. :+1:

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Got the Melee Riven, and unveiled it! It's for Dual Skana!

Failed my first attempt at the riven mission. Mix of dread not being thr optimal choice and spending way too long trying to get slide kills for the bonus. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Mine was for a... Gunsen? The fuck's a gunsen?

Steam ID: Right here.
    Mine is for orvius RIP

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    warfans. i am levelling them now. they have a fun stealth kill animation you flip a guy over onto his feet so hard they die

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    SteveRage wrote: »
    warfans. i am levelling them now. they have a fun stealth kill animation you flip a guy over onto his feet so hard they die

Gunsen is actually a pretty good weapon, stat-wise. Though like I mentioned earlier, you have to be careful with what combos you use or deal with standing still at potentially the worst possible time.

steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Mine is for orvius RIP

Fuck yeah, the Orvius is rad

JtgVX0H.png
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    When I unveiled my first riven the other week, I was pretty sure that the riven game wasn't for me (Mutalist Cernos +70% ammo max +81% zoom... -108% damage. What am I going to use that for, delivering notes to the Grineer? *twhip* *plink* *unravel* "U R Dumb - Loki") But after unveiling the melee riven from yesterday's Gift of the Lotus just now, (Plasma Sword +200% range +270% damage -6s combo duration) as someone who hasn't bothered with melee combos and just uses quick melee, that's pretty enticing indeed!

...aaaaaand I feel yet another set of hooks digging their way into me. Damnit! :)

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    When I unveiled my first riven the other week, I was pretty sure that the riven game wasn't for me (Mutalist Cernos +70% ammo max +81% zoom... -108% damage. What am I going to use that for, delivering notes to the Grineer? *twhip* *plink* *unravel* "U R Dumb - Loki") But after unveiling the melee riven from yesterday's Gift of the Lotus just now, (Plasma Sword +200% range +270% damage -6s combo duration) as someone who hasn't bothered with melee combos and just uses quick melee, that's pretty enticing indeed!

...aaaaaand I feel yet another set of hooks digging their way into me. Damnit! :)

You can use Kuva to reroll the stats on any riven; everything apart from "what weapon", "MR requirement", "polarity" and "cost".

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Got the Melee Riven, and unveiled it! It's for Dual Skana!

congratulations on your endo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Last few Alerts have given me all the Vauban pieces and I have him cooking now. He seems to have a reputation as kinda bad, is this correct or just the internet hivemind deciding a thing?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Last few Alerts have given me all the Vauban pieces and I have him cooking now. He seems to have a reputation as kinda bad, is this correct or just the internet hivemind deciding a thing?

He's just kinda goofy and unwieldy compared to more explicitly overpowered options that fit a similar role. But his abilities are all pretty fun.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't like him, personally, I think there's nothing he does particularly better than other frames.

His zappy orbs on his 1 are ok for a 1 ability.
    His trap mines on 2 are mostly gimmicky and not very useful, I guess the armor shred mines might be useful in high level content but they require a lot of work to get an armor shred debuff going compared to just bringing a corrosive status weapon, and basically require comboing with his 4 to be worth the effort.
    Bastille on 3 is fine, but Khora does this style of crowd control better.
    The black hole 4 is good and fun but it's a big energy hog, and Nidus' 2 ability does the exact same thing but with much more synergy with the rest of Nidus' kit than black hole has with Vauban's.

Vauban's 3 and 4 abilities just feel kind of redundant. Also he's not tanky at all.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Started leveling Saryn today.

At about level 20 I took her into the Sanctuary.

So uh... Every time I came here without Saryn I was apparently doing it wrong.

This is going to make getting the rest of the Khora parts much easier.

Surprisingly effective day. Kept getting my ass kicked on the Riven alert so I started joining PUGs. Third one went super smooth. Right after that I hit up Malice for the hell of it and got Weeping Wounds.

Also ran Razorback for the first time, kinda fun. Gonna have to farm polymer to do the last two runs though.

i broke down like a basic bitch, formad my atterax, bought a maiming strike and am kind of mad at how fucking overpowered it is. Especially when im running around as saryn so theres a bunch of extra viral and toxic going around. i also got a couple of the more expensive corrupted mods, and made a speed nova, which makes hydron go by much faster. also got both ember and frost prime's 3 parts cooking, so i'll have those in a few days. those were remarkably easy to farm compared to some other things.

I don't like him, personally, I think there's nothing he does particularly better than other frames.

His zappy orbs on his 1 are ok for a 1 ability.
    His trap mines on 2 are mostly gimmicky and not very useful, I guess the armor shred mines might be useful in high level content but they require a lot of work to get an armor shred debuff going compared to just bringing a corrosive status weapon, and basically require comboing with his 4 to be worth the effort.
    Bastille on 3 is fine, but Khora does this style of crowd control better.
    The black hole 4 is good and fun but it's a big energy hog, and Nidus' 2 ability does the exact same thing but with much more synergy with the rest of Nidus' kit than black hole has with Vauban's.

Vauban's 3 and 4 abilities just feel kind of redundant. Also he's not tanky at all.

Vauban has been left behind by the meta.

I remember way back around the 1st anniversary Vauban shared the honors with Frost as *the* frame for Defense, especially vs. Infested. You had no Mutalists to shoot from outside your 3, or Nulifiers to dispel your 4. No Khora or Nidus to do similar things but better, or a Mesa or modern Saryn to invalidate the need for protection.

And IIRC he's never been nerfed at any point since his release (or at least since I started playing Warframe) it just things slowly became too awesome from him.

steam_sig.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There's a pretty nice free bundle of stuff you can get if you sign up for Alienware Arena right now.

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1968070/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/warframe-booster-pack-key-giveaway