As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Cat's pretty great for farming, in my experience. Bring a NP charger and she'll reliably kill any hands or doors (or most second waves in free quests), and add in Quick Up from a mystic code or whatever and she'll do something like 60k damage while providing a decent-ish amount of stars for the next wave.

Lancelot's better for stargen but Cat does a bit more damage, I guess? It depends on the relative NP levels, though, and having NP2 Cat vs. NP1 Lancelot probably warps my expectations a bunch.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That is what I had before this pull. Easy farming with Merlin.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Challenge Quest down

B1KLGlil.png

Merlin+Waver+Jalter is really fucking dumb

I let Merlin die a couple turns right before the end to let Marie+Golden come in for MOAR STARS since Merlin's shit was on cooldown anyway

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I’ve been using Orion, partially because there’s a lot of male bosses, partially because her event rerun caused a lot of “Orion is outclassed” talk and I’m feeling spiteful

7 rounds of Challenge Quest Boss Rush were no match for Orion

Operation: Does Moon Goddess Dream of Revenge? is now officially complete

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    This is going to be a sustain challenge quest, they said. Arts sustain would be best, they said.

jrmjETEl.jpg

Behold, Team Immortal.

edited January 2019
    Jeanne Alter with her friend Merlin and her other friend Merlin.

Also Arash showed up for the first round I guess.

Edit: And of course my reward winds up being three pieces of trash, but, whatever.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Getting more than 50 stars a turn passively, and with only one 2030 because no Support Merlins will run Prisma Cosmos... is something.

Speaking of which, oh man is Prisma Cosmos great on Merlin for non-instant fights. NP Stacking is <3.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Had to command seal because I screwed up and lost Archuria and then couldnt hurt Amakusa fast enough. But I beat it.

Merlin is so dumb when you're maintaining double Garden of Avalon buffs.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Today I got destroyed by Dantes in a final fight of the event (not challenge one), so I will have to wait 2 days for my Command Spells to recharge and try to beat him then. The worst part is, I tried to beat him 4 times and failed each time, even with support Merlin, so I just wasted 80 ap that I could waste on farming Octuplet Crystals instead... I still need 19 more to ascend Ushi, Sanzang and Arash...

10 tickets to Da Vinci...

...NP5 Liz. Welp.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Today I got destroyed by Dantes in a final fight of the event (not challenge one), so I will have to wait 2 days for my Command Spells to recharge and try to beat him then. The worst part is, I tried to beat him 4 times and failed each time, even with support Merlin, so I just wasted 80 ap that I could waste on farming Octuplet Crystals instead... I still need 19 more to ascend Ushi, Sanzang and Arash...

I'm not sure if it will work, but since it sometimes does: try having a frontline of Georgios and Leonidas with your only other Servant being a support Heracles with his Bond 10 CE. Taunt with the other two and then, once they are dead, just have Herc Buster Brave Chain all turn every turn. Remember to only use his Battle Continuation skill once he's run out of his CE charges, and save his Evade for another free turn (but not the NP turn, because Dantes will hit through that).

Doing the math a bit, during his first six solo turns he'll probably pull out at least 406,150 damage, with an average of 451k and high of 495k. If he survives more turns than that (say two turns for Dantes to mow through low-levelled taunters and get Herc to low health), well, he might just pull it off.

...No, wait, use the evasion somewhere near the beginning of his solo turns so you can get time to use it a second turn later and add another bunch of damage to it. That'll do it.

Berserker is the strongest in the world!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Rolled today's ticket.

Sparks! Is Da'Vinci coming home!?

... Oh hi Mordred.

Who needs Da Vinci when you can have the best knight

Madican wrote: »
    Who needs Da Vinci when you can have the best knight

But I don't have Saberlot.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Speaking of, is it worth throwing grails at him and Gorgon to bring them to 90? I'm operating under the assumption that I'm not drawing a five star avenger or single target saber.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Speaking of, is it worth throwing grails at him and Gorgon to bring them to 90? I'm operating under the assumption that I'm not drawing a five star avenger or single target saber.

Grails are mostly just for favorites

The extra stats are nice but by and large they are not going to make or break a unit

That said, Saberlot is the best Saber in the game at Making Things Dead, even if he has zero defensive utility

Currently stockpiling QP that I know will disappear just as fast. Not sure what to blow it all on yet. I don't have anyone that particularly needs rank 10 skills...

uyvfOQy.png
    Maddoc wrote: »

The extra stats are nice but by and large they are not going to make or break a unit

That said, Saberlot is the best Saber in the game at Making Things Dead, even if he has zero defensive utility

I'd argue that the only time grails might make or break a unit is when the extra stats are relatively large - e.g. when you grail a 1-2* up high. Even then, though, the ones where this is worth it generally function perfectly fine without. Hans is great even if he's squishy, Asterios just starts hitting around a typical 3* Berserker to supplement his NP, Georgios is already plenty survivable and just gets moreso, Arash already hits hard and you're just multiplying the numbers...

But also, well, note that there's a big difference between grailing to 90 and grailing to 100. The latter is almost never worth it for stats - use it for love (or cheating your way to the top of the support screen).

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    At the very least, I encourage everyone to give at least one grail to Arash. Every single person. That first grail to Arash is the most possible value that you could ever get out of a grail.

Beyond that, it's a "good idea" to bring any <5* up to level 90 if you use them a lot, but I wouldn't worry about optimizing grails or anything. It's poor value to grail anyone beyond 90, but most people will do it anyway for their favorite servant.

Neveron wrote: »

I'd argue that the only time grails might make or break a unit is when the extra stats are relatively large - e.g. when you grail a 1-2* up high. Even then, though, the ones where this is worth it generally function perfectly fine without. Hans is great even if he's squishy, Asterios just starts hitting around a typical 3* Berserker to supplement his NP, Georgios is already plenty survivable and just gets moreso, Arash already hits hard and you're just multiplying the numbers...

But also, well, note that there's a big difference between grailing to 90 and grailing to 100. The latter is almost never worth it for stats - use it for love (or cheating your way to the top of the support screen).

Arash to 90 is pretty nice, when I'm grabbing support ones.

And agreed. Grailing strong 3 and 4 star servants to 90 that you like and use often is always worth it. It's 90 to 100 that's for love. There is a gameplay benefit still, but the cost/benefit ratio isn't as high as taking multiple servants to 90. 10+ levels of stats though is still 10+ levels of stats.

I take the Servants I like to 90, but no further. I'd rather have a bunch of them at 90 than one at 100.

I take the Servants I like to 90, but no further. I'd rather have a bunch of them at 90 than one at 100.

I generally agree, but sometimes you finally get that 4* servant you love to NP5, and happen to notice that you are sitting on well over 5 grails, and that reason breaks instantly.

That's perfectly valid. And a smarter economical use of your grails.

Meanwhile over here I'm gonna end up with a handful of grailed to 90 servants and probably 3 lvl100s eventually.

I generally agree, but sometimes you finally get that 4* servant you love to NP5, and happen to notice that you are sitting on well over 5 grails, and that reason breaks instantly.

Or a 5* servant you really really love and who's very useful at NP2, after you fail to pull the two 'better' members of their class...

And realize you still need two more Grails to finish the job but now you're committed.

Not gonna lie I have considered grailing Cu Alter to 100, but his NP2 refuses to come.

Here's what I've used my grails on on each account:
    NA Account (4 grails currently remaining)
    Grailed to 90: Arash, Babbage, Summer Martha

JP Account (2 grails currently remaining)
    Grailed to 100: Robin Hood, Tomoe
    Grailed to 90: Saber Lancelot, Jaguar Warrior, Ryouma, Consort Yu, Ryougi Shiki, Summer Nobunaga, BB
    Grailed to 70: Arash

edited February 2019
    Done:
    Cu to 90.
    Nero to 90.
    Martha (Rider) to 100.
    Mysterious Heroine X to 96 (will finish to 100).

Earmarked:
    Parvati to 90.
    Mysterious Heroine XX to 90 (possibly 100).

Considering:
    Arash to 70.
    BB to 90.
    Rama to 90.
    Li Shuwen to 90.
    d'Eon to 90.
    Jaguar Warrior to 90.
    Nero Bride (or Caster) to 100 (depends if I plan on taking MHXX to 90 or 100...).
    Ozymandias to 100 (as another MHXX/Neros alternative).
    ....others. There's so many good and loveable servants.

vagrant_winds on
    Not gonna lie I have considered grailing Cu Alter to 100, but his NP2 refuses to come.

I had the same gameplay considerations early for Ozy, and I'm still thinking about it in the back of my head, but he's also still NP1. Guy's just so goddamn good and like Cu Alter, hits like a truck when you use him.

I've got Asterios grailed to 90 and don't have a clue what I'm going to use my eleven remaining grails on (let alone future grails).

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Even then, going from 80 to 90 is like 1000 Attack or something

It's nice but it's not gonna make or break anyone

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Be like me and never grail anyone

Be afraid of the commitment

That said, when a certain 3* Caster comes to NA he is going to get a lot of Special Cups

A Grail can be 1000+ Attack. A leveled CE can be another 2000-2500 attack.

It adds up man. Don't discount it.

Just waiting for level 100 Salieri

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, Im gonna grail him too. I don't even care much about Anastasia, I will roll her banner next year just to get Salieri.

Asthariel on
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Yeah, Im gonna grail him too. I don't even care much about Anastasia, I will roll her banner next year just to get Salieri.

If you don''t max him on the banner, the Guaranteed Extra banner not too long after that one can -only- drop him for the 3 Star Servants. It's the best place to get copies of him.

On the one hand, I want those guaranteed Salieri.

On the other, I am terrified of a Jeanne Ruler dupe

That is a damn good barbecue picture. I am amused how the knights are the ones surrounding the barbecue while all the Artorias are at the closest table. Hope those food supplies can hold out.

This is why I feel like you get the most out of grailing 1*s, yeah.

Arash gets +2,417 ATK if you grail him to 90, which translates into something along the lines of +9,506 neutral damage on a Stella.

By investing various mats, my Asterios went from 6,037 ATK/6,604 HP (not that impressive) to 9,536 ATK/10,278 HP (think unFou'd Ibaraki or TamaCat) - again just 2,5K ATK, but that's +35.7% ATK when you start that low.

By comparison, Grailing Heracles to 90 (ATK 11,665 -> 12,783) is only +9.6%! It might be more useful from a certain standpoint (you already use him and make your best unit better vs. making a worse unit adequate), but comparatively you get much less out of it.

And also, yeah, remember that grailing a 1* gives you the first 10 levels for the cost of 1 grail. There's a lot of bang for your buck there.

Grailing to 90 is pretty good value, especially on welfares (makes it so you need better than a NP1 of a SSR to beat them for burst). Grailing past 90 or grailing SSRs is usually only waifu territory unless you're a lucksack/whale.

XNnw6Gk.jpg