As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Even though I'm probably not gonna be playing this again, because it's a massive time sink, I am super happy that FFXIV continues to go strong in the MMO realm compared to how I'm seeing WoW, the other MMO I played extensively, spiral the drain in both gameplay and story.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I never really paid attention to the mmo space until I started playing ffxiv during early stormblood, and everything going on with wow has been weird to watch as a newcomer and outsider, especially because nearly any discussion I see of ffxiv's sucesses or failures are framed via comparisons to this other game I've never played

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Larlar

augh did it have to be the ff12 outfit

I wonder if that means all shoes will be superhighheels for viera

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Shara would’ve been a neat inspiration instead, being that her game predates Fran’s. But one has to accept that XII is more popular, I guess.

Larlar
    going with that outfit gives it a real korean free to play MMO vibe
    seems like there's no male viera either? which I guess is in keeping with past decisions about them but they made male not-mithra so vOv

BahamutZERO.gif
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    I imagine there will be male viera. They mention them in the latest alliance raid update so it'd be odd not to include them. Especially with how they made male catboys and female roes. It is weird that they haven't shown anything yet.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    My guess is that male viera aren't done yet

edited February 2019
    Larlar
    well there better be bunnyboys in metal speedos or I'm demanding a refund of my 0 dollars

(but seriously the nier crossover is going to get me to finally try this stupid game god damn it)

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    I'm pretty confident that if Fran hadn't been in the last patch we wouldn't have had an in game preview of Viera at this event.

My guess is that the male Viera model isn't as close to finished since it didn't get expedited to be available for 4.5.

Anyway, using Fran's outfit for the starter gear is sensible because it's recognizable and people would want it for glams anyway. Going to make a lot of people that aren't switching to Viera sad though, I'd imagine. If that is the case of course.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Oh also @Whippy if we haven't cracked 100 pages by the time shadowbringers drops I would like to start a new thread early with the same poll+viera cause I'm honestly curious how the results will change.

Probably leave off the joke option this time though.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Larlar
    how do servers work in this game, does it matter much where you create your character? if so, where all are the various SE folk playing?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Aether Data Centre
    Sargatanas Server

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    the thing that makes me suspect we may not get male viera is they didn't even show any concept art of them, not even at the following panel focused on character art

they were mentioning how player races are a lot of work and that they had to change how they program helms to accommodate viera ears so i wouldn't be surprised to find out that as the schedule got finalized they determined male viera was what they were gonna cut

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    Penny Arcade guild is on Sargatanas. I'm not in it anymore though so idk what the state of it is at present.

The new xpac is introducing a bunch of crossworld functionality so it won't matter much once that goes in. Everything will be split up by data center then.

I think they're specifically moving the one problem population world, Balmung I think, onto the new data center with a bunch of empty servers. Which is pretty funny.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    The Sargatanas FC is still pretty active. Applying to join the FC is a bit archaic though. You need to either look up somebody on the player search menu or find them in the world. So find somebody with a <GHOST> tag. If you right-click their name you can choose to view their Free Company profile and there should be an option to apply there. Just mention that you're from the forums or whatever and you should get in as soon as an officer checks applications.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Au Ra
    I will be shocked if male viera aren't a thing I just don't see it happening

Au Ra
    if they are a thing i would not be surprised to hear that they are delayed to a later patch

liEt3nH.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Note that not everyone in GHOST is a PA forumer though.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    Ghost is also not the only guild. I’m not on sarg anymorethough, @Yukira or someone else should jump in here

Au Ra
    yeah me and stilts aren't in ghost so you know it's inferior

liEt3nH.png
    Larlar
    there's some male viera concept sketches floating around from back in 2015 which look pretty good

Viera1.jpg
    Viera2.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I should probably spend the money to server transfer so I can play with you folks. Ultros is active but I don't think anyone here plays on that server's data center.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Roegadyn
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I should probably spend the money to server transfer so I can play with you folks. Ultros is active but I don't think anyone here plays on that server's data center.

Some servers are changing data center when SB hits so you maybe won't have too.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Ok if they stick close to that concept art that's actually pretty tempting to switch from Mi'catboy.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Au Ra
    I think primal isn't going to be affected by the server swap at all

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    Oh also Whippy if we haven't cracked 100 pages by the time shadowbringers drops I would like to start a new thread early with the same poll+viera cause I'm honestly curious how the results will change.

Probably leave off the joke option this time though.

But everyone wants to be a Larlarfell.

Whippy on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Whippy wrote: »
    Ghost is also not the only guild. I’m not on sarg anymorethough, Yukira or someone else should jump in here

The tag for the other one on Sarg is SUSHI, I believe.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Hyur
    It still feels weird to get hyped for an MMO's plot, but the extended trailer that came out today is getting me all excited to see how we're going to go from where the story is now to the events of the cinematic.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

everybody will get a free tranfer when the data center shuffle happens, so you might want to hold out for that

edited February 2019
    Hyur

everybody will get a free tranfer when the data center shuffle happens, so you might want to hold out for that

That's pretty cool if them. Thanks for the heads up!

Fig-D on
    Larlar
    I have a first name and character design I like by recreating my FF11 character, but the surname is really tripping me up. It's cool you get a name and surname, that fixes a lot of the problems of names always being taken in online games, but since no other game ever has surnames my surname-picking character creation brain muscles are totally undeveloped, unlike my very strong flexy-flex first name muscles that I exercise a lot.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au Ra
    just make a word you find cool, like SABOTEUR or CLINIC

liEt3nH.png
    Larlar
    Xxsephiorthgokusixtyninexx
    will that fit

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Miqo'te
    I'm pretty dang hyped for the new expansion, Gunbreaker will definitely get me to play Tank. Also I'm just gonna post my glams here if that's cool.

DRG is fun and cool and lets me be a swashbuckler
    L7chFQh.jpg

And here's my RDM
    09bEuvq.png

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    Roegadyn
    Just hoping they announce a healer so the mythical peak hours DPS in need queues return at the start of the xpac.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Larlar
    What are guesses for the unannounced job(s)? Dancer?

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au Ra
    There was a leak that correctly predicted several things, including Viera, Blue Mage, and Gunbreaker. In it there was one more job.
    Dancer

liEt3nH.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I can't wait to finally have a gunblade. MCH came out and I was like "finally!" but no

and by then I'll have enough sub time to have Squall's outfit, and I think you get his gunblade if you pre-order, or something? I'm gonna do that too, obviously

also, I sent in an application for GHOST (as Tsunn Dere)! I want to play with the people I pretend to know on the internet!

Larlar
    I think the squall gunblade is a collector's edition thing

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au Ra
    Yes - mount, fran minion, and gunblade is from collector's edition (There will probably be a cheaper digital version that has them)
    XP Earring + gremlin minion is from preordering

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.