As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show off your [Screenshots] thread II: NSFFIOS

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    New Warframe area is pretty.

97v59zbatedo.jpg
    dm95512wj6k7.jpg
    nagicszo4y0k.jpg
    b50of9yl3bvb.jpg
    jwch51co9xim.jpg
    vpwv3e0pbcki.jpg

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    So, Hitman 2 is still Hitman! And that's a good thing. Lots of cool places and things to do.

u3ZB0pw.jpg

Also, Snow Daze is pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing.

1WBsRR8.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So is warframe an open world game now?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

There are specific areas on earth and venus that are open world.

This update also included a Corvette of sorts that let you coordinate a fight against a corpus carrier with players piloting the Corvette, intercepting fighters from their arcwings, and some players infiltrating the ship to sabotage the carriers defences.

You can also assemble moa pets with tophats

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I've been playing the sad cowboy simulator. I made him dress fancy except when he's gutting legendary animals.

in1leib7l7xc.jpg
    g3ia3d3rxw30.jpg
    rjfzqk46h1j3.jpg

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Just a really nice vista from RDR2:
    iWtQN12.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

There are specific areas on earth and venus that are open world.

This update also included a Corvette of sorts that let you coordinate a fight against a corpus carrier with players piloting the Corvette, intercepting fighters from their arcwings, and some players infiltrating the ship to sabotage the carriers defences.

You can also assemble moa pets with tophats

the spaceship part is not in this update, that's future content

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Spoilers for the first elusive in Hitman 2 but uh, killing Sean Bean is real good:
    zh11r0erhkjs.jpg

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Sean Bean dies in the first thing?
    why I never

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Sean Bean dies in the first thing?
    why I never
    Popular opinion is that he'll be back later, so we can kill him again.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Some more recent ones (I can't stop taking screenshots in this game, it's too gorgeous) from RDR2:

k1xn43yr9luk.jpg

oih11mutwyop.jpg

Click the spoiler for more:
    vn5lui5bmgm1.jpg

j1mymzesyk4j.jpg

m14mm43u5q19.jpg

ux665q31yasb.jpg

tmj2d53z6jok.jpg

x9n3df4m9f5x.jpg

• Options
    MortifiedPenguinMortifiedPenguin Registered User regular
    After starting it in July, I finally finished the Trails in the Sky series. Mind you, I moved between then and now, but between all 3 games I put in just under 150 hours. I feel like I just finished a really good book. Also there were memes.

cnLtcLt.jpg

Will get to Trails of Cold Steel at some point, but first a palette cleanser with CrossCode!

It has style, great music, fun combat, and more memes!

LeIgSDk.jpg

heIew2S.jpg

The game gives me a bit of a Phantasy Star vibe, and I love it. You play as Lea, who's stuck in an MMO and doesn't remember who she is. She also can't talk aside from simple words like "Hi" "Bye" "Lea" etc. Whatever the main character lacks in personality, the party members you 'play' with more than fill the void.

rX5b1cs.jpg

i67ojVx.jpg

It has dungeons like a Zelda game, with plenty of puzzles solve and keys to collect.

9U3HZZ5.jpg

For the puzzles, a lot of it is centered around your ranged ability. You can rapid fire, or charge it to do a single powerful knockback. Once you get elements mixed in, it gets really creative.

Using my normal orbs, I push the water bubble into position.

dFMcF6Z.jpg

Then I switch to ice and strike it to launch it across.

IQzyL4Q.jpg

My one gripe with the combat is when it gets frantic some of the enemy tells get lost in the effects that are flying around. Otherwise I can't recommend it enough!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I got back into playing Elite Dangerous on PC. It's very pretty, you know.

01iie0fjx7ke.jpg
    k6tyc8w7i2me.jpg
    h60veyutbjyq.jpg
    0weanmpt1t3f.jpg
    4jpz2ggxx0ws.jpg
    1uhu2uagz22m.jpg

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Elite Dangerous has character models?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Elite Dangerous has character models?

Since Horizons had The Commanders update, yes. Character creator, even. And a bloody good one, too.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Can you do anything other that sit at this time?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Can you do anything other that sit at this time?

Not as such. You can be crew on someone else's ship, or have them come on yours, where they're a hologram version of their custom character in the relevant seat in the cockpit, assuming the ship is big enough to accept multiple crew. But the idea has always been to ultimately allow you to get up and walk around, on your ship and out of it on space stations etc. That may come in the next season of content, but even if not it's definitely still on the roadmap and being actively discussed. A lot of that is going to be making it compelling enough gameplay-wise, I suppose, that's the tricky part.

The characters also allow the (also new-ish) external/free camera mode to show a pilot and crew, of course. Look very carefully at the shot of the front of the Cobra, you can just make her out in the pilot's seat.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Gee, that sounds like an actually practical thing to do. Release your spaceship game and then add people, character creators, FPS mode, massive multiplayer and Mark Hamill...

• Options
    Gee, that sounds like an actually practical thing to do. Release your spaceship game and then add people, character creators, FPS mode, massive multiplayer and Mark Hamill...

It's almost like having a good foundation and building on it over time is viable. People can even play it in the meantime! And it started pretty good anyway!

It's so crazy, it might just work...

(Remember when the two were being mentioned in the same breath? Seems a long time ago now. Because it was :lol: )

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Sure, if you don't really want to do anything new for the genre, to have a big story campaign, to build an interesting setting instead of a bland one filled with infinite nothing, or to do much of anything besides spaceships running a pretty basic flight model. It does VR, I guess? But that's not really much of a hurdle for PC games at this point.

Elite burned me out in something like an hour because, for as pretty as it is, it's not doing anything I haven't played 10-20 years ago. I think I dropped 70 bucks on Elite and regret it hugely, but I've dropped 200-something on SC and still don't regret it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Considering Elite came out in 1984 and Dangerous is the HD re imagining a lot of the old guard were hoping for I don't think its really fair to knock E:D for being exactly what it set out to be.

Elite is fantastic if you like what its putting out there, Star Citizen looks like it has the potential to be fantastic too but right now Elite is a fully functioning game that is growing while Star Citizen is a neat tech demo.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    sba1ac6q0tk6.jpg
    mbeavh9xlpwg.jpg
    qoy8ufg7faxg.jpg
    zlk68yhrc44y.jpg
    hw48vnaw880j.jpg
    edtbgg7vkciw.jpg
    tlearxqtibij.jpg
    s55l1mtz1cqp.jpg
    hkyutbveofbt.jpg

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »

*snip*

Warframe is weird for me because I see stuff like this and it should totally be my thing. Cooperative shooter, third person, awesome organic sci fi designs, everything just speaks to me.

Then I install it, start playing and just... stop.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

*snip*

Warframe is weird for me because I see stuff like this and it should totally be my thing. Cooperative shooter, third person, awesome organic sci fi designs, everything just speaks to me.

That's fair.

What puts you off? Warframe fans will be the first to admit that the game does an incredibly poor job of tutorialising new systems.

If you have a friend who is into it to explain things it makes dipping your toes much easier. Or the Warframe thread here is full of people happy to help out and a great resource.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

*snip*

That's fair.

What puts you off? Warframe fans will be the first to admit that the game does an incredibly poor job of tutorialising new systems.

If you have a friend who is into it to explain things it makes dipping your toes much easier. Or the Warframe thread here is full of people happy to help out and a great resource.

Lots of little things. Mostly the art really speaks to me, but the game itself just doesn't. I hung out in that thread for a while playing it and getting advice, but it just turns out the game isn't for me.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

*snip*

That's fair.

Lots of little things. Mostly the art really speaks to me, but the game itself just doesn't. I hung out in that thread for a while playing it and getting advice, but it just turns out the game isn't for me.

Obviouslys the solution is to give you tons of free stuff from our collections and let you try again

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

*snip*

I got kind of annoyed with warframe because there is this one sort of early-mid tier mission that gets you an important piece of gear... for flying missions, I think? Anyway, the level required four people to protect these points against waves of enemies, and at best I would find one other person for that mission, so I was invariably stuck on what seemed like a fairly important piece of story content.

The game is pretty neat, but some of the controls and structure are... baffling.

• Options
    Played a little around with the settings. The game recommends going darker but it looks significantly nicer with it boosted a bit.

55ymsc14rfet.jpg
    7faol9x5025p.jpg
    q55od444zp5y.jpg
    vff3sgh2rq8a.jpg
    mnxwaj66h4nw.jpg
    i5of3kleprc2.jpg

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    They did a great job with the Zone of the Enders 2 remaster.
    [snip]

Does it work right for you? I tried the demo but turned out it didn't recognize the L3 and R3 in my XBone pad so I couldn't reply to things, and so I didn't buy it.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Drascin wrote: »
    They did a great job with the Zone of the Enders 2 remaster.
    [snip]

Does it work right for you? I tried the demo but turned out it didn't recognize the L3 and R3 in my XBone pad so I couldn't reply to things, and so I didn't buy it.

@Drascin Worked fine for me using a wired 360 controller. I've only played up to the Vic Viper fight but it has been fine.

Chafing at the moment for Ace Combat 7, so I've been messing around with Zero since apparently in the last week a whole lot of problems have been solved with it.
    X8otLhq.png
    IeHpWS6.jpg
    LCCtoue.jpg
    SwcS83b.png
    0vxzskq.jpg
    DbqEujg.png
    zxYTjaP.jpg
    N4n7hiw.png
    oMqq0Be.jpg

Kelor on
  • Options
    q9yym2r24zbs.jpg
    66r711bhq17k.jpg
    ddyp1fy4885o.jpg
    dqu5wx8hxnij.jpg
    nl0cc2bfqvyc.jpg
    r205d14xnogk.jpg

kxezr450f8aa.jpg

• Options
    uIuRvYf.jpg
    fBv3D0K.jpg
    HrafnA5.jpg
    5ZbC2QK.jpg
    brPNjEs.jpg
    AbRoxW3.jpg
    UAf95QM.jpg

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Leon has the same haircut I did when I was an emo kid back when the game originally released.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Frei wrote: »
    Leon has the same haircut I did when I was an emo kid back when the game originally released.

Speaking of haircuts, Leon pulls off that dress really well, but it is a dead giveaway.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Ace Combat benefits for the same reasons that racing games do, all the fancyness gets dropped on the planes since the environment doesn't matter much.

Album.

IVAYq2j.jpg
    G0bm3FP.jpg
    jMPfoik.jpg
    aTxoJeW.jpg
    3VsLr7q.jpg

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    The only time I ever see my plane in the Ace Combat games is a) in the hanger, b) in the replay, or c) when I've crashed. Otherwise, it's first person non-cockpit mode, as is tradition.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Did they come out with a new Ace Combat? I didn’t even know. Those shots are great.

• Options
    mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    Afterpulse 2019. Reworked graphics and everything. Running on iPhone XS Max 3wsLtQV.jpg

• Options
    mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Something called Hero Hunters. Running on iPad 6th gen.

LuBZbuA.png

vPYC1l1.png

ZmV5Yns.png

And something from the holiday episode...
    iaCQR7Q.jpg

mekman 2 on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Did they come out with a new Ace Combat? I didn’t even know. Those shots are great.

Yeah, Ace Combat 7 just came out a few weeks ago.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List