As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dropmix!

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Oh neat, a Power Rangers wild came in the mail today!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh neat, a Power Rangers wild came in the mail today!

Lucky you! someone pick one up for you, or did I miss something in the Insider program, or something?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    they did a giveaway in the Insiders email a couple months back, gave away 2500 I think? I got mine yesterday, completely forgot about it until I saw the envelope from Hasbro.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    they did a giveaway in the Insiders email a couple months back, gave away 2500 I think? I got mine yesterday, completely forgot about it until I saw the envelope from Hasbro.

Same here.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damn me. Ah well, gratz guys!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I have a new favorite card artwork!

It's the hidden one from the Verdant playlist.

Baha Men: Who Let the Dogs out, Yellow 3. Let me know if you want a pic.

• Options
    The last playlist packs of Season 2 (so far) are out!

Phase and Rhymer.

Though it sounds like they sold out super fast... hopefully they'll be back in stock shortly.

Interestingly, they come in new packaging! Instead of the book style, they're now in a much more eco-friendly booster style, with minimal plastic. It was insanely easy to get them open. The packs are wrapped in cellophane to keep them together, like the discovery packs of the past.

xm4bJnPl.jpg

wp7tfY2l.jpg

IxreqHgl.jpg?1

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So what songs are in these? I'm a bit behind on Season 2.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    So what songs are in these? I'm a bit behind on Season 2.

Just popped it open.

Phase
    Wild - Satisfaction (Benny Benassi)
    Yellow 2 - Loud Places (Jamie XX)
    Yellow 3- More than you Know (Axwell /\ Ingrosso)
    Red 1 - Pompeii (Bastille)
    Red 1 - Loud Places (Jamie XX)
    Red 2 - Blue Monday (New Order)
    Red 3 - For An Angel (Paul Van Dyk)
    Blue 1 - More than you Know (Axwell /\ Ingrosso)
    Blue 1 - Atmosphere (Kaskade)
    Blue 2 - For An Angel (Paul Van Dyk)
    Blue 3 - Pompeii (Bastille)
    Green 2 - Atmosphere (Kaskade)
    Green 3 - For An Angel (Paul Van Dyk)
    FX 1 - Pattern Alpha (+2 points for piano)
    FX 2 - Formation Delta (I think it's discard all red and green cards for all players)
    Hidden Blue 3 - Interlace (The Terahertz Gap)

Rhymer
    Wild - Dang! (Mac Miller)
    Yellow 2 - 679 (Fetty Wap)
    Yellow 3 - Man of the Year (Schoolboy Q)
    Red 1 - Magenta Benz (D'Von Riice)
    Red 1 - 679 (Fetty Wap)
    Red 2 - Man of the Year (Schoolboy Q)
    Red 3 - The Breaks (Kurtis Blow)
    Blue 1 - Attention (Charlie Puth)
    Blue 1 - 679 (Fetty Wap)
    Blue 2 - The Breaks (Kurtis Blow)
    Blue 3 - Magenta Benz (D'Von Riice)
    Green 2 - Main Mistar Praim Hoon / I am Mister Prime (Dillzan Madan)
    Green 3 - Attention (Charlie Puth)
    FX 2 - The Thaumaturge (Draw 1 card if played on top of a green)
    FX 3 - The Songstress (+3 points if you have violin, horns, and drums)
    Hidden Yellow 3 - The Raven (Edgar Allan Poe)

Athenor on
  • Options
    I need that Phase set yesterday

• Options
    Oh fuck! "The Raven" card is the whole poem! It's lo-fi, but it is timed right and bounces like an old recording... But even more than this, it crosses over 2 repeats of the normal loop structure. This is the first card that I've seen do this. I wonder if any others do?

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Late to the party, but I grabbed the base game when I saw a deal for it for my nephews as a Christmas present. Is there enough stuff in the base to have fun with?

(Also decided to buy one for myself but by that point they were out of stock..booo).

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    McFodder wrote: »
    Late to the party, but I grabbed the base game when I saw a deal for it for my nephews as a Christmas present. Is there enough stuff in the base to have fun with?

(Also decided to buy one for myself but by that point they were out of stock..booo).

Absolutely! There's 4 playlists in the base game. Most of the 2 player games need 30 cards (2 playlists), and 3-4 players needs 1 playlist (15 cards) - so out of the box it will support 4 players. It gets even better when you start mixing across playlists.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an-update-on-dropmix

Dropmix is no longer being developed or worked on, however Harmonix has taken control of the app and servers so it will run indefinitely.

• Options
    I'm honestly not surprised at all.

I should probably try to finish out the set of cards before they become too scarce/expensive. But I also haven't played in a very long time.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Hey, so... looks like the ideas behind Dropmix aren't dead!

Saw this in the dropmix discord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEp9Lfj6UsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWrLVywnsY&feature=youtu.be

Definitely a mix of Dropmix and Rock Band, which I've wanted since DJ Hero. No clue how scoring's gonna work, but I don't care!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJ2mU1Rhys&feature=youtu.be

Edit (Well all these are edited)

Looks like they are going the Cook, Serve, Delicious route - crowd requests for score!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UvyOya7Zc8&feature=youtu.be

Athenor on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I still love this game and am trying to collect as many cards as possible

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I'm really pleased that they're taking another pass at the Dropmix concept.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I have the base game but haven't played it much. What are some of the best packs to get? I like Fantastic and Instinct from S2 and they are pretty cheap. I'd rather grab some before they are hard to get with the game wrapping up. Any from S1 must gets?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I have the base game but haven't played it much. What are some of the best packs to get? I like Fantastic and Instinct from S2 and they are pretty cheap. I'd rather grab some before they are hard to get with the game wrapping up. Any from S1 must gets?

Look at the tracks that appeal to you, but realize that even songs you wouldn't give the time of day might have a really sick bass line or something.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Look at the tracks that appeal to you, but realize that even songs you wouldn't give the time of day might have a really sick bass line or something.

Translation: all of them
    ;-)

• Options
    I cannot begin to express how many good beats I've made using elements of the Firefly playlist. "Country" has some sick beats and basslines.

By the end of s2, they stopped trying to categorize the playlists, I noticed.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I don't see Firefly as a pack? I grabbed Fantastic and Instinct, as well as Ouroboros and Astro. If I can get my GF to play it sometime with me, I might grab some more. The new puzzle mode might get her interested as she love puzzles.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I don't see Firefly as a pack? I grabbed Fantastic and Instinct, as well as Ouroboros and Astro. If I can get my GF to play it sometime with me, I might grab some more. The new puzzle mode might get her interested as she love puzzles.

It's called "Moonlight". The symbol is a firefly, from discover pack series 3 and 4

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Anyone picking up Fuser?

I'm on fence since I'm grabbing Miles Morales later this week and I haven't seen reviews from any of the usual sites. I'm curious how much they were able to make the concept into a game with some longetivity.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    While I like the IDEA of Fuser, I don't know if there's enough game there for me to buy it.

I'm not the best with sandboxes.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Boy, I didn't realise Fuser was out this week.

Between Morales and Yakuza, I gotta wait on this, which buns me out.

They really should've put a demo out there to get some buzz going for this game.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm waiting on some reviews. I haven't heard anything yet. Like at all. Which feels weird!

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I played it at PAX East and it was definitely fun in the limited demo I got to play. I'm not sure how good of a total overall gameplay experience it is (all the classic bits and bobbles that go into a harmonix rhythm game like tours, venues, and challenges), but the core mechanical gameplay of mixing tracks is solid fun. Im wondering what the track availability at release is, and just how much DLC for more tracks is gonna be. However even with the limited track availability in the demo I probably coulda had fun just mixing for an hour or two without even trying to listen to the game prompts to challenge the mix.

Shit this might be my "got my job back" splurge

Sleep on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I played it at PAX East and it was definitely fun in the limited demo I got to play. I'm not sure how good of a total overall gameplay experience it is (all the classic bits and bobbles that go into a harmonix rhythm game like tours, venues, and challenges), but the core mechanical gameplay of mixing tracks is solid fun. Im wondering what the track availability at release is, and just how much DLC for more tracks is gonna be. However even with the limited track availability in the demo I probably coulda had fun just mixing for an hour or two without even trying to listen to the game prompts to challenge the mix.

Looking at its Steam page, there are 28 additional songs available right now, at $1.99 each.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Thankfully there doesn't seem to be much in the DLC tracks that I'd really want, with one big exception:

https://youtu.be/w0N4twV28Mw

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think they really should have released in October, where there was nothing new coming out. It would have gotten more buzzed and some actual reviews instead of all the outlets being too busy with the new consoles to give it much time.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I mean cursed mixes are half the appeal if not more

• Options
    Mouth Moods: The Game

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want this fuser game but have to save money on case I need to drop a bunch on a cpap machine this month... :sad:

• Options
    Neat! Totally forgot about fuser until today.

I'm on the fence, but it looks like fun

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Yo I can already tell I'm going to lose days to Fuser

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    9d1340y2zpau.png

Hey awesome! Thank you so much @Dark Raven X

:biggrin:

• Options
    I wonder how hard it is to find the GI Joe / Pyre promo cards for Dropmix these days...

Eh, who am I kidding. Time to move onto the new hotness. :D