As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailorSeattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited March 2019 in Games and Technology
warframe_logo_by_jackshepardn7-d681vst.png
PLEASE STATE WHAT SYSTEM YOU'RE PLAYING ON WHEN ASKING FOR AN INVITE TO THE PA CLANS
I still need help with the console information so chime in if something needs to be fixed or added <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408
We've all fucked off to Discord! https://discord.gg/SUg4rx6

What is Warframe?
Warframe is a free to play, 3rd person co-op shooter, developed by Digital Extremes on the Evolution Engine and is available for for PC, XBOne, PS4, and Switch. In Warframe you play as a member of the Tenno, a group of highly skilled space ninjas armed with everything from swords and guns to magic like powers. The Tenno run an assortment of missions throughout the solar system that range from simple extermination missions to having to capture high value targets. You can play all of the missions alone, with your buddies, or with completely random pickup groups and they can be approached however you want. Whether you want to try and sneak through with stealth weaponry or just start setting the entire place on fire with your flamethrower Warframe has something for everyone’s play style!
Warframe is also big on customization. Both your weapons and your frames can be altered to have different properties by using the mods that you get from running missions. Want your bow to melt targets via corrosive damage? Shoot exploding arrows? Just straight up launch targets across the room and pin them to the first wall they hit? Yup! You can do that! Also, you can customize how your frame works via a wide pallet of colours and attachments so welcome to your new Fashion Frame obsession.

Warframe had plans for cross-platform play between the PS4 and PC but due to Sony being kind of a shitboot about crossplay that's not going to happen. Also, due to the certification process needed for console patches the PC version of the game tends to be ahead in terms of version number.
TLDR: This is the game Destiny, Anthem, etc wishes it was.
ZUYcY0R.jpg
The quick start guide for space ninjas that just want to go slit some throats right fucking now.
A Youtuber named iFlynn put together an excellent beginner's guide series of videos that will take you step by step through the game. All the way from the introduction to being a well geared ass whooper obsessing over how best to make your frame look cool. I highly recommend giving it a watch! If you just want to jump into the action then here's the quick rundown. There's also DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook if you want something text based that will get you caught up on the game's systems and where to go and what to do.
1.) Get Warframe installed via the official downloader from the Warframe website, Steam, the PS Store, or via Xbox One.
1a.) For PS4 users: When you download Warframe you also download a patch automatically. After booting the title with the patch, then you download an update in-game (about 250MB) before you start to play.
1b.) PS Plus users can download a free Starter Pack (you can find this separately int PlayStation Store) which includes 100 Platinum, 50,000 credits, a few free Mods (Falcon Mod pack), and 3 day Affinity/Credit booster.
2.) Create an account
3.) After logging in with your minty fresh account you will play through a short tutorial and will need to select a starter frame. They break down as follows:
Excalibur – Excalibur is easily the best pick for new players. He's easy to start with and understand, takes but stays relevant throughout the entire game. Also his #4 power lets you throw energy blades around the level like a cracked out Master Sword wielding full health Link.
Volt - An electricity based frame that can be super fun once you've got some mods slapped in him. His #2 accelerates you to damn near warp drive speeds and he has a good array of powers, but he is a little squishy so he's a little harder to start with. He's easy to acquire as you go through the game but can be fun if you're looking for a more challening start.
Mag - She's alright and has some fun powers, but can be fiddly to play and is easily acquired later on as you go through the solar system making her kind of a bad starter choice. You're better off picking her up after you have some idea of how to mod your frames and have the mods to do it.
4.) For your melee weapon the Skana is recommended as you have to build it if you don't pick it while the MK1-Bo can just be straight up purchased for credits or acquired for free via a quest.
5.) For your secondary pick whatever looks the coolest to you. They're all pretty alright.
6.) Finally, for your primary the Paris and the Braton are both equally solid starters. The Paris has a bit of a charge up time before it can fire due to needing to draw the bow first, but pierces through enemies (and nails them to walls!) while the Braton is your standard assault rifle that gets the job done.
7.) Off you go to Mercury! Start clearing missions and having fun!
pTq3bRb.jpg
The Space Knights of Arcadia – The official Penny Arcade PC clan!
The Space Knights Prime Trading Doc! A great list of who has what in the clan available for trading.
Joining a clan in Warframe grants access to the clan dojo. This is a user built base that functions as a physical hangout complete with dick around rooms like an obstacle course to practice your ninja flips in, a dueling room, and much more pertinent facilities like the research labs. Of everything you can build in the dojo the research labs are the most important. They unlock a huge array of weapons and Sentinels that are unavailable through normal means and require a communal effort via resource donation to acquire the blueprints for new weapons and items.
The Space Knights of Arcadia already have the majority of research complete (mostly because the old regulars for this game are insane) so joining up will grant you instantaneous access to all of these features! Joining is as simple as letting us know what your in-game name is in the thread, what system you’re playing on, and one of the veterans will grant you access.

Queens of Space – The official Penny Arcade PS4 clan!
For an invite to the shiny new PS4 PA clan, PM @furlion with your PSN/Warframe name. QoS has its dojo up and running so get out there and start researching more dakka! Note: Clan invites must be manually accepted/denied (options button on the main screen).

Pax Arcadia - The official Penny Arcade Switch Clan!

EkK72Ve.jpg
The big list of shit this game doesn’t tell you about.
Ok, it’s not really all that bigHAHA JUST KIDDING. There's a fair amount of information this game doesn't tell you about and trying to explain it all would involve writing an entire wiki but thankfully one of those already exists and is going to be your best friend as you play. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki I'm going to try and keep this section succinct because there are a lot of systems in this game and you're better off learning them as you go instead of feeling overwhelmed from the start. Be sure to ask any questions you have in this thread or in game.
Damage 2.0: Everything you need to know about how dealing damage works in Warframe. There's a lot of nice to know but not need to know info here so just skim it for the important bits. Namely, what the status procs do, how the status mods interact, and how crits work. Ignore the chart for what element does the most to each enemy type because it's honestly irrelevant, you'll figure out the damage meta later on and it's way more simple than it looks. It's just not anything you need to concern yourself with when starting out.
Parkour 2.0: How to do all the cool flips, dodges, and general flying around you can do in Warframe.
Mods: How mods in Warframe work.
The Plains of Eidolon: Once you start messing around in the Plains of Eidolon, PC Gamer has a pretty decent guide as to wtf is going on there.
Eidolon Hunting Guide: And once you decide to start hunting Eidolons, a Redditor put together a pretty handy guide to help new players figure that out.
Grouping: Grouping itself is pretty straight forward but what's not mentioned about it is that you can invite someone to your session and they will be able to run missions you have unlocked but they don't. After the mission is completed that player will then have that mission unlocked and will then be able to start doing all the surrounding missions.
Archwing: Archwing is a game mode that lets you strap a jetpack to your ass and fly around in space blowing shit up and is accessible later on in the game via a quest.Here's a handy guide Darmak found on Reddit with a shitload of information for those of you that want to know more! TOGSOLID'S SUPER IMPORTANT PROTIP: Go to your options and turn Experimental Flight on. Don't argue. Just do it. It's SO much better and for some reason isn't the default movement option. Without it you're gonna end up bouncing off terrain like a pinball.

Blain put together a list of what major things were added and changed as of 2017, which is awesome and also really helpful if anyone is a returning player and wants to know some of what's changed since they last played.
89a.jpg
Links to great resources and Youtube channels
Semlar's: Has a Riven value calculator and other handy tools including ones for building kit guns, zaws, and amps. The Riven Mafia haaaates this website.
DapperMuffin's Unofficial Warframe Handbook: A massive text guide to Warframe that functions like a massive manual and has a quick start guide that functions like the text version of a video new player's guide. An absolute must bookmark resource.
Warframe Hub: If it's on a timer then this website tracks it for you and tells you when it's going to expire. Alerts, day/night cycles, cold/warm cycles, etc. This is a really awesome one stop shop for tracking everything going on in game while you're playing.
The Official Warframe Drop Table: DE has made the drop tables for everything in the game public! The Warframe Wiki has provided a table of contents to the raw data to make it a hair easier to dig through.
iFlynn: A dedicated Warframe channel with tons of useful guides, gear/frame reviews, and build videos. One of the best resources around for straight information about the game.
LeyzarGamingViews: An absolute gold mine for build guides geared towards new players. Leyzar breaks down the builds and explains why he picks every single mod and explains things at a beginner's level so you can learn the ins and outs of modding in Warframe.
Tactical Potato: Another dedicated, excellent Warframe channel. Guides, build videos, all that fun stuff starring an entertaining Irish bloke. He tends to focus more on day to day updates and discussions on what's going on in the game.
Brozime: A Warframe channel specifically focused on weapon and frame reviews and builds.
StallordD: This channel is dedicated to compiling the lore in Warframe into a single source. This is an absolutely fantastic resource for players both new, who need to catch up on everything, and veteran, who may need a refresher from time to time.
Joey Flynn: Discussions about random Warframe topics. Hosts the Weekly Warframe Show. A well produced Warframe variety show with news, tips, skits, weapon discussions and just all sorts of stuff.
Cephalon Shy: Bite sized, hilarious videos starring a sociopathic robot artist who hates everyone and everything. You won't learn anything here. I just really like this channel.
The Official Warframe Channel: Community interaction is part of what helped make Warframe what it is today. This channel features archives of all their dev streams where they discuss upcoming features, things being looked at, bug fixes, and so on and Prime Time. A show where DE_Rebecca and DE_Megan goof off and give out freebies to the audience.
The Official Warframe Twitch Channel: Where DE hosts their weekly Prime Time shows and Devstreams. Watching them live gives you a chance to win freebies like Plat and items!
My Warframe Music Playlist: I've been slowly putting together a playlist of songs about Warframe on my Youtube channel. If you want some fun stuff to listen to while playing this is for you!
The Official Warframe Soundcloud: Digital Extremes runs occasional music contests called Tenno Tunes. The best of their submissions get uploaded into official Tenno Tunes playlists on the DE soundcloud! Also contains some random audio clips, including Ordis speaking German and talking about Oktoberfest for some reason.
Relic Explorer for Warframe: Want to know what relics have what and where to go farm them? This website is an amazingly handy tool for finding all of that out.
A User Created Map of Fortuna's Fishing and Mining: Created by Redditor u/Pekeponzer, this map has every cave marked and whether they contain good mining and fishing spots inside.
A User Created Map of Where to Get Toroids: Created by Redditor u/Linkapedia. It's pretty much what it says on the tin.
warframe.jpg
Is there a way to track alerts out of game?
Yes there is! Internet denizen King Taro put together a website based alert tracker: http://www.kingtaro.com/warframe/ This tracker will play a sound whenever a new alert goes up and it has the option to filter cash alerts out entirely. There is also a Twitter account, Android app, and Apple app. Warframe Nexus is pretty damn slick but don't log into it while you're logged into the game because Warframe will think you're logging in from a different device and log you out of the game.

Wait, where’s the technical support section!?
We've never really needed one tbh. It sounds like the PS4 version might have some peculiarities to it but that is way out of the realm of things I know anything about. As mentioned at the start of this I will need help getting something for the PS4 players together if needed. As far as the PC side of things go this game is actually really damn stable thanks to Digital Extreme’s using their own proprietary engine. Any oddities you run into are 99.999999999% of the time due to a bug we can’t do anything about on the client side of things but DE is very fast about fixing those. If you are having technical issues do not hesitate to ask for help in the thread and if they ever do come up I will be sure to start listing them here and create a proper tech help section. Be sure to submit a ticket at https://support.warframe.com if you are having issues.

What is the Design Council?
For a long time Warframe was offering starter packs. The Master and Grand Master packs, however, came with access to what is known as the Design Council. This group of players act essentially as a player based focus group for Digital Extremes to bounce upcoming features off of via the hidden Design Council sub forum. For instance, Valkyr was originally presented to us as the Berserker with a very different power list than what she has now. The original concept art they showed us for her also had her a fair bit lither than what she is now. What originally started out as a request from the devs for a third power idea for her ended up as a 60 page discussion about how all four of her powers weren’t very good and how they could be improved. The result is the Valkyr we have now which is proving to be a ton of fun. Occasionally the devs will also give the Council a chance to design a frame or Sentinel that will then get put into the game (Nova and Carrier both came from these sort of sessions). The Design Council also has a dedicated in game chat room but it’s not all that different from the standard global chat though it does tend to be a fair bit more sane due to the aforementioned requirement of having purchased either the Master or Grandmaster packs so everyone there is usually on the “adults with lives” side of the demographic.

The devs do read the regular forums and interact with the community there (they even hang out in the game’s global chat regularly) so don’t think your opinion doesn’t matter just because you aren’t in the Council! Warframe is a very community oriented game and the level of attention everyone gets from DE is one of the things that makes this game as great as it is.
0minq8b.jpg

wWuzwvJ.png
TOGSolid on

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So. Who wants?
    4BkwJXd.jpg

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    that seems like a perfect riven for the sarpa

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    SteveRage wrote: »
    that seems like a perfect riven for the sarpa

Yeah. But I've already done the sarpa and don't feel like making an akstilleto and then a sarpa.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    @Fiendishrabbit you should give that to me

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    One day ill have a good riven, for a good weapon, with a flex slot to put it in.

One day ill also have enough endo and credits to max out luxuries like hornet strike, primed mods, and umbral mods. I would need some god tier riven to blow money on that first.

@Fiendishrabbit you should give that to me

Sure. I'll try to catch you online at some point.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Made a big post about Banshee builds last thread when someone asked, figure I'd copy it here.
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Hey all. Few questions for you all. So I asked in general region chat in game and heard that my Banshee P and Zephyr P are worth a reactor (I have 8). Well, if that's true what are some preferred ways of building them, like what types of mods would be good? I broke down last night and picked up a Growing Power and managed to get a good price from the seller since I bought a few other mods he had and seemed like they would be a pain to farm for ( hate farming nightfall apothecary). Now to try to farm Frost P and Ember P when I get home. Wish me luck.

Also time to farm some Fortuna for the Garuda mats.

The most fun way to play Banshee is a Savage Silence build.

There are three ways to do it, though first two require Derelict vault mods: One is max duration, neg range for enemies to start staggering just as you reach melee range, the second is max range, minimum duration so you can stagger everyone in the room as needed, and as a side bonus, min/max her 1 in the process. The third is to use a weapon that has a guaranteed impact proc, like the Zakti, to open them to finishers for you. (the bonus damage also works for ground finishers, so you could take something like the Gram Prime and ground slam the last guy to finish them off.)

Those are solo builds though, for groups you probably want to go with Resonance Sonar, which IIRC is high Range and duration, good strength, and efficiency as your dump/ignored stat. That build has kinda suffered the same fate as Vauban, though IMO it's still a pretty effective damage booster. For non-endless missions, a massive wall of Silence staggering enemies just as your buddies are shooting at them is a pretty helpful thing as well.

Also, fun fact; Enemies that are silenced, even if they are not staggering, are not properly alerted from taking damage. That means you can get stealth multiplier kills for weapons that can't 1-shot, as long as they never actually see you or your handiwork.

steam_sig.png
    Banshee is one of those builds where you should do radically different builds depending on the level of the enemies.
    At low levels Resonating Quake is a great build. Just buff up range, strength, efficiency and obliterate maps.
    At higher levels you you to rely on Silence and Sonar, so a more mixed build of range, duration, ability strength and efficiency, and then carry around a big cannon like the Rubico Prime or Vaykor Hek.

• RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    I see. That post was in regards to my initial question. I was wondering how to set Banshee P up, I also happen to have my Rubico P which I have been farming up. Now to figure out what build to put on Zephyr P.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    So I've been using the Kulstar since I got a riven for it. Tons of reload speed and toxic damage and a magazine penalty that seems to not apply. Good shit but...I kill myself a lot. Like, to the point where I imagine it is genuinely confusing to my allies.

Like, it's a Rhino Prime on a level 15 nitain alert. How is that guy dying so much? They must be asking themselves.

The best build with Zephyr prime is ability duration and strength, and then maybe upgrading range if you want to.
    The big draw is turbulence with jet stream, which is both an extremly good defensive ability (deflecting a lot of stuff) and removes any drawbacks of using Supra Vandal (with the vandal fitted for maximum status-murder).
    Tailwind, air burst and tornado all have utility, but they pale before the glory that is walking unstoppable Supra vandal murdermachine.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I am contemplating putting a forma and catalyst in my supra Vandal. I have plenty to spare and i keep seeing people saying how nasty it is. I do like a gun with a massive clip but having to aim is kind of a nuisance.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i do not think you will regret doing so.
    it is a good gun.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I am contemplating putting a forma and catalyst in my supra Vandal. I have plenty to spare and i keep seeing people saying how nasty it is. I do like a gun with a massive clip but having to aim is kind of a nuisance.

This was pretty much my experience with it

"Man this clip is insane!" ...*goes back to blowing everything up with Corinth/Staticor*

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

The Supra Vandal should be thought of differently than even other assault rifles. It's a Light Machine Gun. You don't aim carefully so much as face down a hallway, hold down the trigger, and move the reticle towards whatever the biggest threat is and don't take your finger off the trigger until everything stops moving or if by some miracle you need to reload midfight. It's not a precision weapon like the Tiberon Prime or Baza and not a delete button like a Tigris Prime or Strun Wraith. Its calling is pure volume of fire. When I was wearing a wrist brace due to a tendon injury the sheer amount of dakka the gun put out is how I dealt with not being able to aim worth a damn and still pulled my weight in missions with it. Also really good at activating Saryn's spores when her 3 is up. But that too is volume of fire in a way.

With the augment it's also handy for boosting the energy of frames hungry for it so it works well with Octavia, Saryn again, etc.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    The supra vandal is my like one driving force for grinding to mr14. Kinda pissed i couldnt buy it from baro a couple weeks ago when he had it. Should be more or less at 14 when i level frost and ember prime along with some junk weapons i made.

I also formad my phantasma a few times and have all the mods for it. It does a crapload of damage, but i feel like it runs out of ammo quick. And not the clip, because the reload is almost instant, but actual ammo capacity seems to run out quick.

Arca sisco is also a fun little weapon i put some forma into. It does pretty good damage, but it also sounds like a star wars heavy laser cannon type thing. Probably not as good as my mara detron as a secondary, but infinitely cooler.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    having finally gotten the supra vandal when baro had it most recently, it's not as eath-shattering a revelation as I had previously been led to hope. Maybe if I had its augment mod.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    its bullets are pretty.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    The supra vandal is my like one driving force for grinding to mr14. Kinda pissed i couldnt buy it from baro a couple weeks ago when he had it. Should be more or less at 14 when i level frost and ember prime along with some junk weapons i made.

I also formad my phantasma a few times and have all the mods for it. It does a crapload of damage, but i feel like it runs out of ammo quick. And not the clip, because the reload is almost instant, but actual ammo capacity seems to run out quick.

Arca sisco is also a fun little weapon i put some forma into. It does pretty good damage, but it also sounds like a star wars heavy laser cannon type thing. Probably not as good as my mara detron as a secondary, but infinitely cooler.

Arca Sisco and Mara Detron are both great weapons but with different roles. Mara Detron is a status based utility shotgun. Arca Sisco is a a long ranged hitter, kind of a secondary sniper rifle. It could easily work better alongside the Phantasma more than the Mara Detron though it again depends what you need for your kit.
    having finally gotten the supra vandal when baro had it most recently, it's not as eath-shattering a revelation as I had previously been led to hope. Maybe if I had its augment mod.

The augment isn't really earth shattering. But it gives it more utility for some frames that could use the energy boosts and ups the stats chance a bit but not as much as a dual stat mod so it's really more for the added bit of utility. Plus the explosion when it triggers is always amusing.

Again, it does depend on what frame you're pairing it with. Saryn gets a ton of utility from being able to spread spores more easily as well as the energy. Octavio, Nova, and other caster frames also benefit from the energy.

More durable frames like Rhino, Mesa, and Nezha can make better use of the LMG properties. Activating their defensive buffs and standing in place while doing a good turret impression during a defense, interception, or mobile interception mission that sends ways of enemies at you lets it shine in this role. I don't favor it as much for more mobile mission types like capture or rescue.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    One day ill have a good riven, for a good weapon, with a flex slot to put it in.

One day ill also have enough endo and credits to max out luxuries like hornet strike, primed mods, and umbral mods. I would need some god tier riven to blow money on that first.

I'm so lazy that I just bought max level mods from other players for plat. Even though the index and, like, hiracon, aren't even that hard.

steam_sig.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

The augment isn't really earth shattering. But it gives it more utility for some frames that could use the energy boosts and ups the stats chance a bit but not as much as a dual stat mod so it's really more for the added bit of utility. Plus the explosion when it triggers is always amusing.
    Actually, the augment gives more status chance than a dual-stat mod. It doesn't add 20% status chance, it adds 20 percentage points of status chance. On the supra vandal, each dual stat mod only gives you 18 percentage points of status chance.

• BreezyBagBreezyBag Registered User new member
    Can I get an invite to the PC clan? My ign is BreezyBag

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    You know, I haven't been paying much attention to syndicate effect weapons and mods, but I should probably start.

In particular, the Red Veil bow and the mod for the infested pistol seem like they could both restore energy and trigger the Growing Power aura consistently, if properly built.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

The Supra Vandal should be thought of differently than even other assault rifles. It's a Light Machine Gun. You don't aim carefully so much as face down a hallway, hold down the trigger, and move the reticle towards whatever the biggest threat is and don't take your finger off the trigger until everything stops moving or if by some miracle you need to reload midfight.

And with the right mods, you hardly have to ever reload!

https://youtu.be/0CaEjk8EE5M

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well I've been quite the silly-billy.

A few days ago I randomly decided to take a close look at my Inventory to see just what the hell I actually had.

Apparently at some point in the past I had been building Warframe & weapon parts as I got the materials for them. A lot of Warframe & weapon parts.

I now have like 3-4 'frames in the oven and have completed about as many weapons over the last couple days.

I still have enough stuff to start cooking more 'frames (like 4 or so) and weapons (so many weapons), just not the funds.

edit- Correction, I wasn't building weapon parts of course, just collecting them and not buying the weapon Blueprint.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    I think its weird that the supra vandal can use the supra mod, but the vaykor hek cant use the hek mod. Are there other instances of the variant weapons being able/unable to use the base weapons’ mods or is it just because vaykor would be insane with all the extra multishot?

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm starting to run low on weapons and frames to level up as I'm getting close to MR25 so I did an inventory on all the pets and modular type of weapons I haven't built yet and it is quite a bit of grinding still to go. So far, not including vaulted prime frames/sentinels/weapons I have yet to build 1 kitgun, 7 zaws, 2 moas, 1 kubrow, 1 kavat, 3 amps and a partridge in a pear tree. I am not looking forward to the zaws since I've been neglecting Ostron rep and will probably have to get back in the swing of mining and looking for wisps on the planes.

Also, quick question. Does each k-drive board level up like amps? I've only done one board so I think I may need to do the other two if they each give XP.

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    fuck zaaaaws

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    fuck zaaaaws

I leave that to Pedlek.

At least you get to use the fortuna mining drill on cetus. So much better than the tracing thing. I too am bad at cetus rep though. I think my quills rep is actually a higher rank. Fuuuuuuck grinding toroids for the fortuna quills rep though. It took forever for me to grind the ones just to make garuda. And you need the highest 1-2 ranks to buy the parts to make those new weapons.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The new mining minigame applies to the plains, too.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think its weird that the supra vandal can use the supra mod, but the vaykor hek cant use the hek mod. Are there other instances of the variant weapons being able/unable to use the base weapons’ mods or is it just because vaykor would be insane with all the extra multishot?
    The prisma obex can use the obex syndicate mod, and the mara detron and secura penta can use the index detron and penta mods.
    Maybe they don't have scattering justice available on the vaykor hek because that'd give it 2 justice, and the game doesn't have a way to handle that?

cB557 wrote: »
    The prisma obex can use the obex syndicate mod, and the mara detron and secura penta can use the index detron and penta mods.
    Maybe they don't have scattering justice available on the vaykor hek because that'd give it 2 justice, and the game doesn't have a way to handle that?

I think the Rakta Dark Dagger can equip the Dark Dagger augment for +2 Blight just fine which makes it those effects can go higher without breaking things.

Steam Profile
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    At least you get to use the fortuna mining drill on cetus. So much better than the tracing thing. I too am bad at cetus rep though. I think my quills rep is actually a higher rank. Fuuuuuuck grinding toroids for the fortuna quills rep though. It took forever for me to grind the ones just to make garuda. And you need the highest 1-2 ranks to buy the parts to make those new weapons.

For cetus rep, go fish at the twin lakes during the night. Mortus Lungfish are worth a lot more rep than other fish, and if you can get cuhol bait, that's even more rep grind. A night's worth of fishing should last you a few days worth of rep

steam_sig.png

Vaykor Hek can't use the Justice mod because the rule is that Syndicate weapons can't use syndicate mods.
    The same doesn't not apply to any other weapons. So Primes, Vandals, Prismas etc are free to use syndicate mods.

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

I think the Rakta Dark Dagger can equip the Dark Dagger augment for +2 Blight just fine which makes it those effects can go higher without breaking things.

From what I just read on the wiki, the Rakta Dark Dagger doesn't have inherent blight, unlike the other Rakta weapons.

Is there a kind of rule or theme for the different names like mara, prisma, vandal, or wraith? To me theyre just random prefixes/suffixes that mean this version is better.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Vandal is the corpus variant, wraith is the Grineer variant, and prisma are Baro variants. Mara is a new thing and only applies to the detron, not sure of the significance of the name.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Is there a kind of rule or theme for the different names like mara, prisma, vandal, or wraith? To me theyre just random prefixes/suffixes that mean this version is better.

So far Mara is a one shot name. The others have a little more to them but not a whole lot.

Vandal: Improved versions of Corpus and Tenno themed weapons. Have a Lotus sigil as part of the decor.
    Wraith: Improved versions of Grineer and Tenno themed gear. Red color scheme.
    Dex: Improved Tenno gear tied in to anniversary events.
    Prisma: Whatever the hell Baro decides to bling out.

Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.