As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Started up Resident Evil 2 and have found it pleasing and spooky tense. I am not a good under pressure shot in games so ammo conservation is tricky.
    Anyway, the first night I played it I was getting graphics glitches any time I was in a place that had dust particles in the air and didn't have much luck finding the graphics option that might alleviate that. But it was only in a couple places. The evening of play ended with the sound of something loudly crashing and exploding as the game crashed to desktop. That was amusing.
    Before playing again I updated my drivers and that seemed to clean things up a bit. Played for quite a while with no issues but crashed after a bit of hitching late this evening, followed by a Leon voiceclip that played over the error message and desktop "Oh what the hell!"

So I may be pushing it with my PC on RE:2 but it has twice had some good crash sound cues.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Played a bit more of AssOdd

Was stealing some treasure from the Cyclops's hideout, being all stealthy and such.

Took forever because of the guards. Ended up killing all but 3 people in that place because by the time I found the treasure I just wanted to get the quest over with.

The survivors live because I let them.

S60gKzM.jpg?1

Serious spoilers
    Was there a cure for the plague in that burned village? I ended up letting the family die because unless there was a cure on hand they were going to spread the plague to the entire island

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Is there any way to have Steam only show me new releases that are, you know, actually released? It's kinda annoying to have half of the new releases list filled with stuff that's not actually available for purchase yet.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    So in AC:Od it turns out your horse will take a jump down that it can't survive.

RIP Horse.

:(

It's actually just really tired and needed a nap ASAP. You can leave it dozing there and run off and five minutes later after it's all refreshed, you can whistle and they'll be right there again!

It's a good horse.

Oh that's good.

Pretty talented... My horse was napping underwater in a pool below a waterfall.

Oh nice, you got the seahorse DLC.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Here's an interesting article about something happening that I didn't know was happening.

I'm surprised I didn't read about this already? Or maybe I just have been blind to it. The tl;dr is Valve made a change in the discovery queue algorithm sometime in October that now pushes more traffic towards already popular and AAA titles instead of unknown indies, and they still haven't recovered from it. With a lot of indie developers reporting like a 70% loss in revenue and new 'wishlisting'. Pretty shitty, I hope Valve fixes it somehow or provides a better alternative for sending more traffic to unknown independents.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I wondered why I wasn't seeing as many hidden object games during the dale.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I wondered why I wasn't seeing as many hidden object games during the dale.

They dug too deep and the games themselves became hidden objects.

steam_sig.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Huh, wonder if there are tutorials for those on gamemaker?

Zombie horde mode battle royal ww2 anime waifu hidden object game

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Huh, wonder if there are tutorials for those on gamemaker?

Zombie horde mode battle royal ww2 anime waifu hidden object game

"Find these items in the scene before your opponents do:
    Shotgun
    Ring
    Pickaxe
    Mallet
    Katana
    Enigma Device
    Paper Fan
    Dancer
    Antibiotics"

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Here's an interesting article about something happening that I didn't know was happening.

I'm surprised I didn't read about this already? Or maybe I just have been blind to it. The tl;dr is Valve made a change in the discovery queue algorithm sometime in October that now pushes more traffic towards already popular and AAA titles instead of unknown indies, and they still haven't recovered from it. With a lot of indie developers reporting like a 70% loss in revenue and new 'wishlisting'. Pretty shitty, I hope Valve fixes it somehow or provides a better alternative for sending more traffic to unknown independents.

Yeah it sounds pretty bad for smaller indie devs. Jake Birkett (creator of Regency Solitaire and Shadowhand) has been talking about it since he noticed it and provides some useful data to show the difference.

EDIT: Whoops. I guess I should have read through your linked article since a lot of it is based the Jake Birkett stuff. Still, more reading for you if it interests you.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Serious spoilers
    Was there a cure for the plague in that burned village? I ended up letting the family die because unless there was a cure on hand they were going to spread the plague to the entire island
    No. In fact, if you let them escape you do in fact hear news later that they went on to spread the plague even further.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/ancestor-bundle

Fanatical's Ancestor Bundle

$1.99
    System Shock: Enhanced Edition
    System Shock 2
    Metal Fatigue
    Spirits of Xanadu
    The Original Strife: Veteran Edition
    Shadow Man
    I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I love My Time At Portia. For whatever reason the loop is so much more satisfying to me than a Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. "What do I want to build today"/"Let's see what's on the commission board" is a lot more gripping to me than deciding what crops I want to plant and watering them all. I can change things up each day if I want to and that small difference means a lot.

Sunless Skies musings:

You agree to spend a year doing landscaping work while possessed by a spirit mourning a dead god and when your service ends the man-made sun has lost half its potential strength.
    Fuck three headed talking foxes that drain your stats when you talk to them.
    My aunt is now my space train's quartermaster and is already dragging me into an attempt to unravel a conspiracy between baking scones.
    I have made a cannon from fungus-like parasites that can corrupt non-living matter and turn space trains into metal squid monsters. Not a cannon that fires the things, that would be madness. No, the much more reasonable approach of just milking the acid from the parasites to fire out of a cannon.
    Space London is still a bit too preoccupied with dead royalty.
    I have only lost one officer to a horrific discorporealization and only about 10 or 20 crew to accidents on this current captain so far. That's better than I was expecting.
    I am traveling in a luxury cruise space train that's been outfitted with a giant shotgun, mining drill, canning factory, and some of the crew compartments converted to cabinetry so I have more room to haul space honey and space wood that I hunt from space bee choirs and wooden banshees who are also librarians while mining time from glowing asteroids. None of this is odd for the setting.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    So. I've still been playing Conan.

So much Conan. The boys and I are systematically conquering the exiled lands. And raising pets. All the pets. Bears and wolves and hyenas and giant spiders and tigers and jaguars and crocodiles and humans...

I hear there are other games on Steam? I don't believe it.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Yay Valve!
    fARMeLF.jpg
    source

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Seems like it would be easier if they just did a 'tax free' sale.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I mean it's good in that I like discounts, but it's bad if Valve thinks this is all it takes to keep people from leaving to Epic.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I mean it's good in that I like discounts, but it's bad if Valve thinks this is all it takes to keep people from leaving to Epic.

Personally I prefer Valve doing this than outright bribing developers for exclusivity deals, but I guess that's what people are pushing for

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Sunless Skies musings:

You agree to spend a year doing landscaping work while possessed by a spirit mourning a dead god and when your service ends the man-made sun has lost half its potential strength.
    My aunt is now my space train's quartermaster and is already dragging me into an attempt to unravel a conspiracy between baking scones.
    I have made a cannon from fungus-like parasites that can corrupt non-living matter and turn space trains into metal squid monsters. Not a cannon that fires the things, that would be madness. No, the much more reasonable approach of just milking the acid from the parasites to fire out of a cannon.
    I have only lost one officer to a horrific discorporealization and only about 10 or 20 crew to accidents on this current captain so far. That's better than I was expecting.
    I am traveling in a luxury cruise space train that's been outfitted with a giant shotgun, mining drill, canning factory, and some of the crew compartments converted to cabinetry so I have more room to haul space honey and space wood that I hunt from space bee choirs and wooden banshees who are also librarians while mining time from glowing asteroids. None of this is odd for the setting.

I've already got over 20 hours in the game and have seen barely any of these.

I've been spending time and money funding crazed scientists obsessed with the innards of space whales, and voluntarily submitting myself to torture to cleanse my soul.

I infiltrated an elite never-ending "Groundhog's Day" style party to rescue a political prisoner, with an impromptu and horrifying Face/Off escape plan.

I recently joined an interstellar rocket racing league, but had my race interrupted when a I watched a British MP stumble into the abyss and decided to run for his now vacant seat in Parliament.

I haven't made my way back to Parliament yet to officially begin my term, but hopeful the extravagant and legally-binding funeral I just held for myself won't interfere with it.

steam_sig.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Personally I prefer Valve doing this than outright bribing developers for exclusivity deals, but I guess that's what people are pushing for

Paying a developer for platform exclusivity isn't bribery

Zavian wrote: »

Paying a developer for platform exclusivity isn't bribery

It's anti-consumer bullshit, is what it is.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    So ASTRONEER will be leaving Early Access this week, likely Wednesday. It is currently on sale and if you buy (or have bought) it before 1.0 launches you will receive a special "Retro" suit!

It is a gorgeous, sorta casual survival and exploration game and I have already recommended it for FNG sometime soon. I think it's the last game I bought at full price that was more than, like, three dollars.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    So ASTRONEER will be leaving Early Access this week, likely Wednesday. It is currently on sale and if you buy (or have bought) it before 1.0 launches you will receive a special "Retro" suit!

It is a gorgeous, sorta casual survival and exploration game and I have already recommended it for FNG sometime soon. I think it's the last game I bought at full price that was more than, like, three dollars.

I played Astroneer a bit at the start of ea and again a couple months ago, the game was really good then and I’d be very happy to join a multiplayer game. Just not Friday or Saturday evening because I’m always busy those times.

steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Sunless Skies musings:

I've already got over 20 hours in the game and have seen barely any of these.

I've been spending time and money funding crazed scientists obsessed with the innards of space whales, and voluntarily submitting myself to torture to cleanse my soul.

I infiltrated an elite never-ending "Groundhog's Day" style party to rescue a political prisoner, with an impromptu and horrifying Face/Off escape plan.

I recently joined an interstellar rocket racing league, but had my race interrupted when a I watched a British MP stumble into the abyss and decided to run for his now vacant seat in Parliament.

I haven't made my way back to Parliament yet to officially begin my term, but hopeful the extravagant and legally-binding funeral I just held for myself won't interfere with it.

I remember getting overwhelmed and not getting past the Sunless Sea tutorial. I wish it was as accessible as Sunless Skies, with such a strong, biting intro.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    So I notice the Lunar New Year sale's initial event currency offering is apparantly based on your previous volume of spending on Steam. I'm curious what kind of swings we're talking here and am hesitant to divulge my own red envelope total.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    So I notice the Lunar New Year sale's initial event currency offering is apparantly based on your previous volume of spending on Steam. I'm curious what kind of swings we're talking here and am hesitant to divulge my own red envelope total.

I got 5k

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    CorriganX wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »

I got 5k

Ok ditto. So maybe it tops off around there once your account seems like it's pretty active overall.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I have 4000 Lunar fun bucks.

These pig emotes are cute, though.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got 4500. I got the good pig emoticon now I have no idea what to do with the other 4400.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Yo, if someone has Dark Souls, but did not buy Remastered edition yet, it's discount becomes - 75 %, which is a pretty good price, I guess.

I got 4.5k from mine.

Hmm... 100 per dollar spent. I can't see myself spending another ~$100 for a $5 coupon. I think I'll just grab all of the emoticons and background. (I wonder if I can sell them on the marketplace later...)

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I got 4.5k from mine.

Hmm... 100 per dollar spent. I can't see myself spending another ~$100 for a $5 coupon. I think I'll just grab all of the emoticons and background. (I wonder if I can sell them on the marketplace later...)

Nope. That's answered at the bottom. It's all locked to your account.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    I got 5k... No plans to buy any games. So... I guess I'm buying some pig emoticons? :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I got 5k... No plans to buy any games. So... I guess I'm buying some pig emoticons? :lol:

Time to ham it up in chat. Be a bacon of hope and delight. Avoid being a boar in discussions.

Pigs.

Steam Profile
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Time to ham it up in chat. Be a bacon of hope and delight. Avoid being a boar in discussions.

Pigs.

Way to be a sow, stop hogging all the piglet synonyms. Ya Porker!

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Three days after its release Wargroove has already covered its development costs.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    mxkeom3iydel.jpg

Sow, it's to be a pigpun thread now, is it?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Thank goodness @Spoit was around to take care of the thread when I lapsed. We had an interesting time which involved our main shower breaking (plumber tomorrow yay!) and a mix of pets to vets (everyone's ok yay!) and tons going on at work (I'm super stressed, it's the best! YAY!!!) and in all that I totally forgot to check the forums after seeing the thread was nearing the 99 mark. Bad Gut, no cookies. (Now I want cookies, boo)

Meanwhile, I also picked up Empyrion Galactic Survival last week on a whim at full price because well, I wanted it. Now there's the Lunar Sale and it's 50% off. Not a big deal and nothing I can do since I and two of my friends have already sunk a ton of hours into it, but I should have known better. Now it's time to see what else is out there and up for grabs...

Happy Lunar New Year...sale!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
This discussion has been closed.