As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I hope the co-op is really good. I prefer 2-player games online, and there seems to be a shortage of those lately.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Everything indicates that all Xbox Live services are up, but I can't sign in to my account on my console or on the desktop app. Anybody else having issues, or have any idea why this would be happening? I live in Canada, btw.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    The Windows 10 app can have issues completely unrelated to your account, but if you can't sign into the console as well....

I couldn't sign into the Xbox app on my phone, but then again, it's on Android, so who knows if that's related. I had no problems playing yesterday though.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    They might be having issues again today, which sucks for anyone who wants to give the anthem open demo a try I guess it came up early?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I restarted my router and restarted the console again, and it's working, which is a relief since I have the day off and both kids are at school today!

I was starting to worry that my account was hacked or something, because the internet was working fine in all other instances, Xbox Live was up, and I was playing it fine last night.

• Options
    I restarted my router and restarted the console again, and it's working, which is a relief since I have the day off and both kids are at school today!

I was starting to worry that my account was hacked or something, because the internet was working fine in all other instances, Xbox Live was up, and I was playing it fine last night.

Yeah trust me I've been there anytime xbox blips I freak out because I have had my account stolen once up on a time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Longhorn PrimeLonghorn Prime Registered User regular
    When I try to log in to the Windows 10 app I get a message saying they are doing some Xbox live maintenance

• Options
    That might explain the Android phone app.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

No , im having trouble signing in too . Maybe its intermittent which is why stuff works for you now.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    xbox live login servers were down for about an hour this morning from 8am to 9am pst

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    And the servers look like they are down again right now. Despite what their site says

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Worked again just now. At least I could log in after going into settings.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Ahhh Bloodstained was super great! I intended to just check it out... 2 hours later I had beaten the whole thing in one go. It's really interesting how using the right character or subweapon at the right time can trivialize tough parts. There's a room in the next to last level with a stream of buzzsaws and cat enemies that requires pixel perfect timing... or you can fly over the whole section and say nuts to that. Likewise, the final boss' crescent moon attacks can be really tough to dodge without taking hits... unless you have the Alchemist's shield ready to go. Then it's actually a free recharge for your stuff and not dangerous at all. Once I figured out that last, it was victory.

On Xbox, simply clearing the last two levels (much less beating the game) are rare achievements. I wonder if they made it free to reach people who mostly skipped it on Xbox compared to other platforms?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Crunchy roll app got updated , hopefully it runs better from now on.

• Options
    Ahhh Bloodstained was super great! I intended to just check it out... 2 hours later I had beaten the whole thing in one go. It's really interesting how using the right character or subweapon at the right time can trivialize tough parts. There's a room in the next to last level with a stream of buzzsaws and cat enemies that requires pixel perfect timing... or you can fly over the whole section and say nuts to that. Likewise, the final boss' crescent moon attacks can be really tough to dodge without taking hits... unless you have the Alchemist's shield ready to go. Then it's actually a free recharge for your stuff and not dangerous at all. Once I figured out that last, it was victory.

On Xbox, simply clearing the last two levels (much less beating the game) are rare achievements. I wonder if they made it free to reach people who mostly skipped it on Xbox compared to other platforms?

Well, I just heard that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night just got rated by the ESRB, so this could be to help promote that game if it launches soon.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Its worse now since the app error codes instantly and refuses to recognize you as a premium member.

The old app set the bar so low but this new POS managed to beat it, from somewhat usable to completely useless (unless you like seeing a shit ton of ads you paid not to see) I can still use my Fire Stick to watch but I normally used the X and prefer to use that.

I’m pretty much an inch from unsubscribing at this point... On that note, is there any services similar (but better) than Crunchyroll around?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Its worse now since the app error codes instantly and refuses to recognize you as a premium member.

The old app set the bar so low but this new POS managed to beat it, from somewhat usable to completely useless (unless you like seeing a shit ton of ads you paid not to see) I can still use my Fire Stick to watch but I normally used the X and prefer to use that.

I’m pretty much an inch from unsubscribing at this point... On that note, is there any services similar (but better) than Crunchyroll around?

Funimation is a fair price. Your opinion of their library is up to you though. Might not be a good choice if you're not in a US region also.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    On the topic of video apps, I was loading and logging in to a few different ones tonight, and I’m pretty sure the Vudu app was designed by a sadist.

The username and password entry system doesn’t use the Xbox on-screen keyboard - they have their own Vudu-specific keyboard. It does not support a USB keyboard to enter text. It also doesn’t have cursor back, only delete. So correcting an error early in your email address means deleting the whole thing.

Oh, and it’s laid out A-Z 1-0, not QWERTY.

• Options
    On the topic of video apps, I was loading and logging in to a few different ones tonight, and I’m pretty sure the Vudu app was designed by a sadist.

The username and password entry system doesn’t use the Xbox on-screen keyboard - they have their own Vudu-specific keyboard. It does not support a USB keyboard to enter text. It also doesn’t have cursor back, only delete. So correcting an error early in your email address means deleting the whole thing.

Yeah, I've encountered that on Playstation as well--a unique keyboard implemented in an app. I haven't run into it in Xbox that I remember, but I'm exclusively using Windows 10-cross-platform apps (which by design use the Xbox keyboard), and then Crunchyroll and a few others. I think Netflix might, actually.

(For some reason, I seem to remember all PS3 apps--at least up to a certain update revision...using an A-Z non-QWERTY keyboard :bigfrown: )

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I dug out my old guitar controller (a Guitar Hero World Tour wireless one) for a quick spot of Rock Band. Hadn't used it for years. Turned out that I'd left the batteries in it like a blithering idiot, and one of them had leaked and corroded, as they do. I'm not sure it's salvageable; even if I can chip all the corrosion out the contact looks very rusted. Bummer.

And apparently the price of second-hand ones has skyrocketed. Double bummer. This one was a whopping two pounds from a charity shop; on Amazon & eBay they're more than a brand new AAA game now. Crazy.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Try this:
    Use a disposable towel to brush away any loose corrosion (white solid). Place a small amount of white vinegar into a small container such as a cup or bowl. Using a cotton swab, moisten the tip with vinegar and carefully wipe the corroded contacts. Repeat as necessary to remove all of the white residue.

I need to find the time to fix the strum on my GH4 controller. It won't register downstrums. Still irked at Activisiin for not including RB controller support in GH3.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I'll give that a shot, cheers. I think I've got some white vinegar.

Also, yes, Activision can go to hell for those practices. Especially when Harmonix very deliberately and explicitly allowed you to use GH instruments in RB where possible.

Jazz on
  • Options
    It lives! Many thanks, @Santa Claustrophobia - there will be rock! \m/

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Yeah, I've encountered that on Playstation as well--a unique keyboard implemented in an app. I haven't run into it in Xbox that I remember, but I'm exclusively using Windows 10-cross-platform apps (which by design use the Xbox keyboard), and then Crunchyroll and a few others. I think Netflix might, actually.

(For some reason, I seem to remember all PS3 apps--at least up to a certain update revision...using an A-Z non-QWERTY keyboard :bigfrown: )

I hadn’t loaded Netflix onto the ‘bone yet, so I went and did that. Can confirm that it has its own keyboard rather than using the system keyboard. On the plus side, it has a standard layout and supports USB keyboard input so I will not dock it points.

Wasn’t the PS3 default input T9 style for ages, not even a real keyboard? Maybe I’m thinking of the PSP. It’s semi-excusable considering those two systems came out in the pre-smartphone days.

I haven’t run into any problems with the new Crunchyroll app yet. It sounds like I’m just getting lucky.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I know it is marketing, but..

Check out @Xbox’s Tweet:

This makes me very happy.

That's a great ad and sentiment. If I recall right this controller came about from one of microsofts like think sessions and caught fire because one of their execs has a child with MS.

Both those ads are just wonderful. The first one is a thing we did as kids back in the 2600 / Coleco era.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

If accurate, I think that would mean every CoD would be available on the Xbox One, which is kind of cool.

EDIT: Wait, wasn't Too Human removed from store shelves?

Oh my god, FINALLY.

Would a "squee" be inappropriate? Because this is one of the few things which might elicit one.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Man I'd probably play through Too Human again. Frick.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Was just coming to post that, pretty wild. I'm betting going forward, games like Minecraft will use this. Hopefully it's not as bad as GFWL.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wow, that's kind of big news.

Does the article mention any specifics? I'm wondering if this is Nintendo using a more experienced company to run their online service.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Hmm, I suppose this is a natural evolution of the half-measures that exist now for Minecraft: cross-platform for that game requires you log into an Xbox Live client on said platform, because Microsoft handles M.M., connections, most (maybe all?) hosting servers, public or private, etc.

Considering the less-than-ideal state of unified online service on the Switch, that'll be interesting to see. It'll take time to put out the software and updates, of course, but it would look pretty bad if the Xbox Live client for Switch were more capable than, well, Switch Online.

• Options
    It wouldn't actually be used for online multiplayer Nintendo games, the article talks about getting acheivements on games that are also on PC/Xbox and being able to find Xbox live friends on games that are also on sale service. So more of a side integration that enhances the service for users.

• Options
    Probably not (though it's worth noting, Xbox Live on Windows 10 has no fee structure for multiplayer), though I'm wondering what services the "side client" will offer.

• Options
    Nitsua wrote: »
    It wouldn't actually be used for online multiplayer Nintendo games, the article talks about getting acheivements on games that are also on PC/Xbox and being able to find Xbox live friends on games that are also on sale service. So more of a side integration that enhances the service for users.

That's strange because they specifically call out Android getting this too, but there's already a Live app there

Regardless this feels like Microsoft trying to backdoor their way into other platforms

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Was PoP: Forgotten Sands good? I should replay SoT sometime, hopefully it holds up.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Was PoP: Forgotten Sands good? I should replay SoT sometime, hopefully it holds up.

Is that the weird movie tie in? It's not bad, but fairly bland story. Gameplay is fun. Combat is a bit simple.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i just want better cross platform play.

i hate having to do a census before a game comes out to see who's playing games on what and if theres enough people to make a group or whatever

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

I barely remember anything about it, but I remember I liked it.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

I barely remember anything about it, but I remember I liked it.

Guess the title was apt, if you can't remember it

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    A quick Prince of Persia Timeline with my sweet comments:

Prince of Persia (1989) - DAMN THOSE ROTOSCOPES DAWG
    PoP 2 (1993) - boy that's a lot of enemies
    Prince of Persia 3D (1999) - VERY BAD
    PoP: The Sands of Time (2003) - HELL YA TIME DAGGER
    PoP: Warrior Within (2004) - WHAT HAPPENED, WHY THE BROODING
    PoP: The Two Thrones (2005) - HELL YEAH AGAIN
    Prince of Persia (2008) - this is pretty dang cool, hope it gets a sequel
    PoP: The Forgotten Sands (2010) - I literally didn't know this game existed until just now and I thought I played all the PoP games. shame.

edit - what in the fuck
    The Forgotten Sands returns to the storyline established by Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, and concluded by Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. On December 14, 2009, Ubisoft UK released the first details of the story on their official video portal.

The game takes place in the seven-year gap between Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The Prince character is supposed to be a cross between the character models in these two games. He is again voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

While not a direct video game adaptation or containing elements of the film, the game's release coincides with the May 2010 release of Disney's film adaptation of the video game, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley.
    do I need to play this?!?!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png