As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

This is fun because Dan Goor, the EP, is waxing poetic about how the setting encouraged the diversity of the show because the NYPD is so diverse and Marc replies "So are you saying that police officers are... people?" and there's this beat of silence, and then Dan's like "we maybe don't want to get into how people feel about police officers.

And by fun I mean "they're probably not going to use the question I sent into Marc".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Goop, the lifestyle and wellness juggernaut founded a decade ago by Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow, is expanding its original content efforts with a new docuseries at Netflix, an exclusive podcast partnership with Delta Airlines, and a slew of programming centered around beauty, food, and books.

Still untitled, Goop’s streaming series will hit Netflix this fall and consist of 30-minute episodes hosted by the site’s editors, chief content officer Elise Loehnen and Paltrow. The team will utilize experts, doctors, and researchers to examine issues relating to physical and spiritual wellness.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/gwyneth-paltrow-netflix-goop-1203125452/

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ugh

I would rather just be slathered in actual goop of some sort than endure any more of Paltrow's extremely rich white lady bullshit

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I was at Half Price Books and saw a whole pile of Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook

It's half food recipes and half "cleansing juices"

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Shit like Goop should be illegal.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Put this jade egg in your vagina to stay tight for your man, because that's the only value women have, says Gwyneth Paltrow, self-hating woman and actual piece of shit.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Some of that shit is legit dangerous. Anybody who uses their fame to hock bullshit products over known science should be put in a cage and have tomatoes thrown at them.

Shit like Goop should be illegal.

If a poor person did the shit Paltrow did it probably would be considered grifting.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Gwyneth Paltrow should be in jail for repeated fraud and grift.

• GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Some of that shit is legit dangerous. Anybody who uses their fame to hock bullshit products over known science should be put in a cage and have tomatoes thrown at them.

The jade egg, for example, is a potentially really bad idea, especially when used how they recommend.

It's really hard to clean properly. Hell, they want you to sleep with it inserted. Fuck off, Gwyneth.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    started russian doll because i have a snow day.

natasha lyonne is a national treasure.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Fuck

I would actually be way into Frankenstein, MD

Victor was a brilliant doctor who saved countless lives, but passed away

Frankenstein, MD is his final creation, gifted with his brain but the revival process blew giant holes in his memory

He becomes a doctor and saves lives through a combination of flashes of memories from his previous life and the ability to test procedures/theories on his own undead ass that would be too risky for a regular doctor

It would be complete Network trash and I would love it

Ok but what about instead of him being a monster he was autistic and that was treated like a super power somehow?

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    They should bring back the show where the guy got out of hell but had to shoot bad guys in the eye to make his tattoos disappear so he could stay out of hell permanently.

That sure was dumb.

Edit: Brimstone, that's the show. 15 year old me thought it was pretty good.

Also the jokey version, Reaper

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm not feeling Russian Doll so far. Natasha Lyonne is great in general, but this feels like it's trying too hard and I'm not clicking with any of the characters. A lot of the funny stuff that's happened so far was in the trailers so maybe I need to persevere.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    We had The Dude trying a new beverage last night.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I would like me some 80s Twilight Zone.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I was at Half Price Books and saw a whole pile of Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook

It's half food recipes and half "cleansing juices"

I got the best cleansing juice recipe already. What do I need her for?

Just leave whatever fruits and vegetables you have on the counter for like 2 or 3 weeks. When it's been rotting for a while blend it all up and drink it. Prepare for the cleansing.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Actually I think you're supposed to pour it into your ass

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Who is even currently the cast and all that for Y?

Straightzi wrote: »
    Who is even currently the cast and all that for Y?
    Diane Lane stars in Y, leading an ensemble cast featuring Barry Keoghan, Imogen Poots, Lashana Lynch, Juliana Canfield with Marin Ireland and

CYpGAPn.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I am extremely here for imogen poots

i will follow diane lane to the ends of the earth so i'm game

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    That's a good cast, I wasn't really a fan of the comic but it could make a good show

PSN- AHermano
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Wait who is Diane Lane playing? It says shes the star but she doesnt really match either of the two characters I would call the main characters?

Quire.jpg
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I am here for any and all things connected to What We Do in the Shadows.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    oh man I'm so happy they brought up the energy vampire concept, that's fucking dope. That was a big thing of the like "vampires are totally real and I am one" geocities sites of the 90s

Wait who is Diane Lane playing? It says shes the star but she doesnt really match either of the two characters I would call the main characters?
    She is Yorrick's mom, who is pretty big character early on. She gets the starring nod because she is the biggest name on the cast.

The roles everyone's playing are: Barry Keoghan as Yorick Brown, Diane Lane as Senator Jennifer Brown, Imogen Poots as Hero Brown, and Lashana Lynch as Agent 355.

CYpGAPn.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So yesterday I finished all of Xena, and I have some thoughts on it.

I would like to see a Best and Worst 'Not-Xena Played By Lucy Lawless' category.

I was going to make a joke after spotting Janice on the list, then went to check the wiki to remember not-Xena's name that episode and found like three more characters she plays.

@Reynolds, there are a few options here.

Lysia, an Amazon in Queen Hippolyta's tribe (from the first Hercules movie)
    Princess Diana, the daughter of King Lias.
    Meg, the scumbag doppleganger of Xena who eventually marries Joxer.
    Melinda Pappas, descendant of Xena's living in the early 1940's.
    Priestess Leah of Hestia, a virgin priestess, sacred to the Goddess Hestia.
    Arminestra, the Mother of Peace, a reincarnation of Xena, who worked to bring peace to a fractured India at some point in Xena's future.
    Annie Day, a reincarnation of Xena in the year 2001, although she was actually a reincarnation of Joxer the Mighty.
    Xena the Clone, a clone created by Alti in 2001.

So here ya go:

Best 'Not-Xena Played By Lucy Lawless': Meg
    Worst 'Not-Xena Played By Lucy Lawless': Priestess Leah of Hestia

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Have they cast a Second Beth yet?

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    oh man I'm so happy they brought up the energy vampire concept, that's fucking dope. That was a big thing of the like "vampires are totally real and I am one" geocities sites of the 90s

A former friend of mine once accused me of being an energy vampire like seven years ago and honestly I still haven't stopped laughing

Blankzilla wrote: »
    She is Yorrick's mom, who is pretty big character early on. She gets the starring nod because she is the biggest name on the cast.

The roles everyone's playing are: Barry Keoghan as Yorick Brown, Diane Lane as Senator Jennifer Brown, Imogen Poots as Hero Brown, and Lashana Lynch as Agent 355.

Also Juliana Canfield as Beth, and Marin Ireland as Nora, who seems like she might be a new character (assistant to Senator Brown)

A former friend of mine once accused me of being an energy vampire like seven years ago and honestly I still haven't stopped laughing

Hmm, exactly the reaction I'd expect from an energy vampire!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Seven years of continuous laughter definitely won't make me think you aren't a vampire

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm liking Russian Doll a lot, the premise is a favourite of mine.

I just finished episode 3
    The guy revealing that he's going through the same phenomenon was a great, unexpected reveal. I would have kept marathoning but after that I need some time for it to marinate first.

They did spoiler that in the autoplay trailer that pops up in the Neflix app.

Makes sense, glad I went in (mostly) blind.

i am legitimately surprised you didn't take it as a compliment

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Every time someone has called me the Devil I have taken it as a compliment.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg

i am legitimately surprised you didn't take it as a compliment

Energy vampires are the dweebs of the vampire world and everyone knows it

Being an energy vampire is almost worse than not being a vampire at all

This discussion has been closed.