As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    May have to give that pretzel crust a try.

If you stack two bagel crust pizzas on top of each other, is it a bagel sandwich?

MichaelLC on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    The Little Caesar's pretzel crust pizza is good in concept but ultimately just too salty for my preference.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    pizza hut still has my favorite pretzel crust

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I went to little ceasers and ordered the "Extra most best toppings supreme."

The cashier flinched and the manager informed me i was the only one in the area who had ever ordered it.

I had to wait 45 minutes for it.

Zunde on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    The Little Caesar's pretzel crust pizza is good in concept but ultimately just too salty for my preference.

If you don't like heavy salt, you probably shouldn't be eating at Little Caesar's anyway.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I went to little ceasers and ordered the "Extra most best toppings supreme."

The cashier flinched and the manager informed me i was the only one in the area who had ever ordered it.

I had to wait 45 minutes for it.

I don't know why this story is making me laugh so much

I'm picturing the manager and cashier pulling keys from chains under their shirts and putting them in locks on opposite sides of the store and turning them simultaneously

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

If you don't like heavy salt, you probably shouldn't be eating at Little Caesar's anyway.

I have no problems with their regular pizza or the deep dish (although their sodium content is probably incredibly high) and even the extra most bestest pepperoni isn't too salty despite the extra pepperoni, but the pretzel crust adds extra rock salt on top of the crust that inevitably ends up covering most of the pizza. It's a LOT of salt.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

I have no problems with their regular pizza or the deep dish (although their sodium content is probably incredibly high) and even the extra most bestest pepperoni isn't too salty despite the extra pepperoni, but the pretzel crust adds extra rock salt on top of the crust that inevitably ends up covering most of the pizza. It's a LOT of salt.

Yeah that's their only pizza where I've been like "it's a bit much for me..." And I mean. I drink pickle juice. So.

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular

Yeah that's their only pizza where I've been like "it's a bit much for me..." And I mean. I drink pickle juice. So.

I'm trying to imagine a world in which people do not gulp down the rest of the juice when they finish a jar of pickles. I'm having a little trouble doing so.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Is this the thread where we talk about how great pickle juice kool-aid is?

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I need to stay off the internet until that queso story goes away for good.

Maximum on
    Wait it's not considered normal to drink the pickle juice after you finish all the pickles?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this thread rn

Kpggd5bB0Wxrd-UD6IOgg03IMoc=.gif

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm gonna throw up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    eating pickles straight in the first place is gonna get a side-eye from me tbh

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Wait it's not considered normal to drink the pickle juice after you finish all the pickles?

I save it for coleslaw and Bloody Mary's.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    eating pickles straight in the first place is gonna get a side-eye from me tbh

That is very much a thing people do in Texas.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    pickles as a basic snack is a southern/east coast thing

the first time I went into a movie theater in Mississippi and saw a bunch of pickles in bags was when I realized that I was in a very different place

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I love pickles, but no, i don't need to drink the juice.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What marketing wizard managed to convince people to call it "juice" instead of "brine"?

"I'm not going to drink that ocean water. It is incredibly salty and bad for me."

"Ooooh! Don't be silly! This is ocean juice."

pickle juice isn't necessarily brine

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Look at this Pickle Juice Co. marketing executive.

Quickly looking at the FAQ on PickleJuice.family

ChicoBlue wrote: »
    What marketing wizard managed to convince people to call it "juice" instead of "brine"?

"I'm not going to drink that ocean water. It is incredibly salty and bad for me."

"Ooooh! Don't be silly! This is ocean juice."

Same smart Mother'fer who stopped Silk going to market with Almond Nut Squeezins.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    This might not strictly be classified as bad food, but it’s real late and I was still hungry, so I made thick as Hell porridge, put a spoonful of protein shake in it, then threw some raisins in it, then mixed in some dark chocolate in for fun.

I’m now doing late night weights because if I don’t I think there is a chance I’ll turn to stone.

I will buy a bottle of baby dills and sit there and eat the entire jar and then wash it down with the juice without a care you people are insane.

I love cucumber pickles but I generally have only used the brine from pickled peppers, and then generally just as a seasoning agent

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    I use pickle juice for bread baking, as used in Dan Lepard’s recipe, which is pretty dang delicious.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    Taco bell has brought back the Nacho fries.

Holy hell the advertisement commercial for them is extra as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSnM-JClyzg

Wow.

I went to Taco Bell for lunch today, and they had run out of nacho fries.

The fries... they were lies? #shocked #offended

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I am incredibly upset right now and I can't really be upset at anyone.

I ordered Dominos for supper because the chicken breasts I was going to use hadn't thawed.

I ordered the garlic bread, a medium pizza which I would eat like 1/4 and save the rest for another day, and Cinnamon sticks.
    It arrived, great, tasty garlic bread, tasty pizza, took like an hour and a half break to get hungry again.

Open the container for the cinnamon sticks.

It's another garlic bread.

Crushed.
    Called the dominos location and they said they didn't have a driver available, but that I could get a free cinnamon sticks next time I ordered, which is good.

But I was really craving that cinnamon.

Psykoma on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I made some boneless chicken meat chunks in the air fryer and put a bit of the Hot Ones Last Dab Redux on a few

Pretty tasty sauce, it wasn't too bad initially, but I feel a burn in my throat 10 minutes later

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

I save it for coleslaw and Bloody Mary's.

There was one person I had to fire because he bought or brought a jar of pickles to snack on while we downstacked the truck. He walked off and got a cherry kool aid pack mixed it with the pickle brine and drank it

I fired him because he left without telling anyone I did this also as a warning to someone about disappearing to hit up the MCd's in the store for a drink and something to eat

My new manager feels I need to be more forceful and in their face than I am

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    What the hell, not cool at all, comrade

Psykoma wrote: »

I ordered Dominos for supper because the chicken breasts I was going to use hadn't thawed.

I ordered the garlic bread, a medium pizza which I would eat like 1/4 and save the rest for another day, and Cinnamon sticks.
    It arrived, great, tasty garlic bread, tasty pizza, took like an hour and a half break to get hungry again.

Crushed.
    Called the dominos location and they said they didn't have a driver available, but that I could get a free cinnamon sticks next time I ordered, which is good.

That's odd and the domino's here is really honest and forthcomming about things like how long it will take

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I will absolutely devour pickles by themselves. Dill only though.

I'm not drinking that brine.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Fuck, my birthday is coming up. I guess I gotta try pickles again.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Crushed.

Do you have any cinnamon on hand?
    'Cause you already have some bread...

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

I'd always had cake!

edited February 2019
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

I'd always had cake!

Por que los dos?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWT9tXGkbBc

Brainleech on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm.

I can see making pickled something that works on cupcakes. Pickled ginger is in the right ballpark I think. But not cucumber, at least not the usual kind.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.