As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So tether should have an invulnerability itself until at least the delay of the suppression

Tether a guy who then uses blade barrage shouldn’t destroy the tether leaving the guy free to run off that’s silly

If you’re going to let him cast his ultimate still at least let the tether survive it

And also no ult should be able to panic ult a tether. If you try it should suck you out of your animation and waste your ult

Just silly it’s so delayed they can see you cast It, then cast back at you and win

I really get the impression from some of their comments on adjusting this super that the problem is technical rather then being a deliberate design choice. That they have an issue with getting the whole "spawn a game object, have it attach, have it scan for enemies, have it deploy it's debuff on enemies, have that register on the other person's client" (or roughly that) sequence to execute fast enough to feel the way the playerbase wants it to is not something they've been able to get working.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    A little behind the curve, but finally hit 650 tonight.

Locked down The Last Word as well.

98rhuee6uw1k.png

Hey man don’t feel bad. I’m still 640ish with my highest LL gear, a lot of which is garbage and I refuse to wear.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Breakneck's a real motherfucker, huh?

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So one match of using mountain top.

Hmm.

This gun might be pretty top tier. Like I never got to use it before the latest sand box tweeks and one of the fixes were to direct hits on nade launchers. I wonder if that’s moved this sucker to a competitive spot?

Maybe just a good game but I had 8 kills with it and multiple other shot/swaps to clean up with Luna’s

Ran coyote hunter so I could double dodge to unload 3 nades down range. Had a few trades on shotty rushers too.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    So tether should have an invulnerability itself until at least the delay of the suppression

Tether a guy who then uses blade barrage shouldn’t destroy the tether leaving the guy free to run off that’s silly

If you’re going to let him cast his ultimate still at least let the tether survive it

And also no ult should be able to panic ult a tether. If you try it should suck you out of your animation and waste your ult

Just silly it’s so delayed they can see you cast It, then cast back at you and win

I think the best solution to this problem is to just remove Hunters from the game then everybody wins. Not Hunter mains obviously they lose, but that just makes the solution even better.

:bzz:

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Breakneck's a real motherfucker, huh?

I love that gun so much I’m bored with it. I actively look for other primaries to use and I just haven’t found anything I like as much or better.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Hmm.

This gun might be pretty top tier. Like I never got to use it before the latest sand box tweeks and one of the fixes were to direct hits on nade launchers. I wonder if that’s moved this sucker to a competitive spot?

Maybe just a good game but I had 8 kills with it and multiple other shot/swaps to clean up with Luna’s

Ran coyote hunter so I could double dodge to unload 3 nades down range. Had a few trades on shotty rushers too.

Very interesting. I have to say, I’ve used it 0 times in PvP because by the time I got it I was so sick of launchers that I felt I needed a break. But that MT Luna pairing sounds hot.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Mountaintop quest, what are some good grenade launchers for someone who is bad at grenade launchers.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Hmm.

Very interesting. I have to say, I’ve used it 0 times in PvP because by the time I got it I was so sick of launchers that I felt I needed a break. But that MT Luna pairing sounds hot.

It doesn’t feel like a nade launcher really. It’s so much faster velocity and the ohk feels so much better. I honestly feel more comfortable with it than the power slot launchers.

Hard to really say how it feels really. I feel more confident in it than I do a fusion rifle for sure. Poking out, firing a quick nade into a group of 3 then dodging back and firing at anyone dumb enough to push feels real good. Can turn a 3v1 into a winning situation.

Having double dodge helps too as it lets you mitigate the one shot limitation.

This is In QP obviously. In Comp nade launchers suffer from player movement being much more complex. But mountain top has such velocity it may mitigate that a bit.

Like I may be over selling it. But I don’t see how it’s not considered at least up there with erentil or chaperone for alternatives to dust rock or telesto

616610-1.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Successfully soloed Shattered Throne on my Warlock!

That was a fun challenge! I don't know if I'd ever want to do it on my Titan and I definitely have no interest in trying it solo+deathless, but I definitely enjoyed that.

Vorgeth is so much harder than Dul Incaru it's a bit of a joke. He was a solid 3 hours of attempts and I got Dul Incaru down after 45 minutes (would have even been on like attempt 3 but I forgot to reload one of my weapons before damage phase, RIP).

Well that is the fourth gofannon forge failure.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Well that is the fourth gofannon forge failure.

HAVE YOUR TRIED THROWING MORE GRENADES?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sometimes you do need to ask yourself, "Did I throw all the grenades I could?"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Grenades and Riskrunner really. Stick close to the forge near the empty cargo container you can duck into for cover.

Riskrunner works incredibly well here and in Bergusia. For Bergusia I was killing Fallen so fast in the initial area you drop down into that a teammate came over and was throwing orbs and I was killing and the orbs were piling up. It was pretty great.

I am running riskrunner and of course I throw my nades. I usually try and look at what I’m doing wrong, but I’m beginning to suspect it’s everyone else and not me.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I am running riskrunner and of course I throw my nades. I usually try and look at what I’m doing wrong, but I’m beginning to suspect it’s everyone else and not me.

Sorry, twas but a joke, Shaxx loves his grenades

You're probably doing fine, sometimes you just get some bad blues

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

Oh no no, don’t apologize. I knew you were just messing around. I’m just frustrated I can’t find a decent pick up group.

I’m dreading izanami, which looks like it requires some actual strategy.

• RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I got a Prime Engram at 650 last night. Does that mean my Powerful Rewards and Primes are at max LL (for now)? And now it's just a matter of getting something for each of my equip slots?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    I got a Prime Engram at 650 last night. Does that mean my Powerful Rewards and Primes are at max LL (for now)? And now it's just a matter of getting something for each of my equip slots?

You're close. Prime Engrams are usually like LL+3-5 and one of the "better" powerfuls. If stuff like Flashpoints or Clan Engrams show at 650 then you're at the "one for each slot" stage of finishing off the leveling grind.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

Oh no no, don’t apologize. I knew you were just messing around. I’m just frustrated I can’t find a decent pick up group.

Izanami is a snore.

I think Izanami is actually the easiest. As long as one person goes to a side island and throws to the base, you should be fine

The boss is a wimp too, easiest one to melt

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

I think Izanami is actually the easiest. As long as one person goes to a side island and throws to the base, you should be fine

The boss is a wimp too, easiest one to melt

I’m a little concerned no one goes to an island, or everyone does. Whelp, when I get there I’ll just take on that burden myself and figure out what everyone else is doing.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Izanami is super easy. You'll be surprised.

Bergusia, now that can be rough.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So after playing with Anthem over the weekend, I am left with a desire to play more Destiny. I'm so far behind though!!

26904.png
    3clipse wrote: »

I mean, folks are saying gofannon isn’t that bad and yet here I am. We’ll see. I’m hoping to unlock it tonight and get started on the bow frame.

I personally think Gofannon is the biggest pain in the butt out of all 4

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

I mean, folks are saying gofannon isn’t that bad and yet here I am. We’ll see. I’m hoping to unlock it tonight and get started on the bow frame.

From my recent experience running my Titan and Hunter through the Forge-unlocks, I think the problem you're facing is that once folks have them all unlocked they run Bergusia. So, the only folks still running the other forges are folks that HAVE to run those forges, and they are substantially more likely to be thumbless droolers (or simply AFK).

edited February 2019
    I don’t want to go quite that far, but sometimes it looks like I am the only one attacking the boss, or no one is looking for servitors to prevent the immunity circle jerk. Or both!

This is why I don’t like running behind in online cooperative games. But my schedule doesn’t allow me to put in the time to be on top of everything.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I don’t want to go quite that far, but sometimes it looks like I am the only one attacking the boss, or no one is looking for servitors to prevent the immunity circle jerk. Or both!

This is why I don’t like running behind in online cooperative games. But my schedule doesn’t allow me to put in the time to be on top of everything.

If no one brings a Well of Radiance, the Gofannon boss is significantly more difficult

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    In terms of bosses I think Volundyr is harder. Gofannon is a big fat easy target and the fire you are under is not near as bad. Colossi are always annoying to deal with and he's harder to hit in his crit spot.

In terms most difficult bosses I'd say:
    Volundyr
    Gofannon
    Bergusia
    Izunami

In terms of the forge waves I'd say:
    Bergusia
    Volundyr
    Izunami
    Gofannon

edited February 2019
    I'm 650 so my experience is skewed by that, but none of the forges are really challenging. Even Bergusia w/ Risk Runner is pretty trivial. That or Skull of Dire Ahamkara in the enclosed area, nova bombing over and over and over. You can pull that out in Gofannon in the second wave as well if you're careful about where you land the bomb.

I actually think my favourite area in Gofannon is the opposite side to the entry where the collapsed ship framework is; you can kill them as they come out of the fog gate and there's a small ramp down into the central area. Mobs will stream up that ramp and it's open so RR is always charged and murdering. Pile on some resilience and recovery and you're off to the races.

I think my favourite content right now is nightfalls and pushing to high scores. I wish they'd make some meatier strikes and flesh out scoring and options even more. Higher scores should drop better drops like armor with enhanced perks.

Volundr boss has excellent cover to fire from in the open air part where he lands, you can blast him from there and if you die, respawn is in a similarly safe-ish area that allows a quick run. He always tends to go down the ramp and adds are flooding from the far area, so you're not getting squeezed from all angles.

Izanami boss falls over in a slight breeze, that one really needs a buff. The cyclops that pop in phase 2 are a bigger threat.

Gofannon boss has the teleport, but with a little heavy coordination you can burn it really hard before it ports you the first time. Killing the servitors who all seem to be red bars(?) means you're pretty safe for the win.

Bergusia boss is another trivial one if you fire from the entry balcony. Most of the time it's two other players with Whisper or similar. With a good rampage MG you can kill some adds, then work the boss, kill some adds then work the boss and so on if you dislike snipers.

Nosf on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Mara lore update from this week (I did it at the last minute):
    She's going to be friends with The Stranger?! Also, maybe she won't appear back there in 3 weeks? And from the lore card, finally some detailed Savathun stuff going on. This is pretty much the main plot of Destiny 2 at this point...

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

You're close. Prime Engrams are usually like LL+3-5 and one of the "better" powerfuls. If stuff like Flashpoints or Clan Engrams show at 650 then you're at the "one for each slot" stage of finishing off the leveling grind.

This morning I played for the first time in a week or so just to get the Offering to see Mara's updated storyline. Managed to get a few 650 pieces (647 was my max LL), then went back to the Tower to go through the postmaster and get some clan engrams. Wound up collecting like 6 of them, all but the last of which decrypted at 649 and were for slots that weren't yet 650. The last one was of course 650 and for a slot that was already 650. :rotate:

At least I know I'm basically done grinding on this character.

Mara lore update from this week (I did it at the last minute):
    She's going to be friends with The Stranger?! Also, maybe she won't appear back there in 3 weeks? And from the lore card, finally some detailed Savathun stuff going on. This is pretty much the main plot of Destiny 2 at this point...

They basically decided "Fuck it, everyone loves the grimoire entries and hates the campaign writing so here's your continuing narrative you fucking animals, enjoy reading".

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

This morning I played for the first time in a week or so just to get the Offering to see Mara's updated storyline. Managed to get a few 650 pieces (647 was my max LL), then went back to the Tower to go through the postmaster and get some clan engrams. Wound up collecting like 6 of them, all but the last of which decrypted at 649 and were for slots that weren't yet 650. The last one was of course 650 and for a slot that was already 650. :rotate:

At least I know I'm basically done grinding on this character.

Until Season of the Drifter when it goes up another 50... whee.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I also reached 650 last night and got breakneck. Rally fun gun.

Even more fun is the riskrunner/dire ahamkara combo in Bergusia. I never, ever have to stop firing or bombing, and as long as I leave one heavy brick on the ground, I have more than enough time to swap to spindle and get on the platform to wreck the boss.

Ranking of forges, hardest to easiest:
    Volundr: hardest waves due to how spread out the stage is, and has the most annoying enemy type in the phalanx. Boss is also a pain in the ass if you’re low on heavy

Gofannon: easy waves, boss can be a problem if you don’t have the right loadouts. Easy-ish waves

Bergusia: stupid fun with the right loadouts, would have the easiest boss due to the ledge strat if it wasn’t for...

Izamani: waves aren’t too bad if you stay on top of the hydra spawns, boss is a complete cakewalk with nearly any setup.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    edit

MrBody on
    edited February 2019
    It happened. It finally happened. I grouped up with a bunch of randos and we beat a forge on the first try. It was even Volundr. Everyone did their jobs. It was great! Went smoothly the whole way through and tons of fun.

Got the izanami key, forged the auto rifle with decent rolls, and got Le Monarque. Very pleased with the end of the night.

Now I get to solo the advanced version of Insight Terminus. We’ll see how that goes...

GoodKingJayIII on
    It's extinguish, get a group or even just a partner. Death is back to orbit. It can be done, easily if you're a Well Warlock but a bad bounce and you'll be annoyed. What light level are you?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, even a potato who sits in the back and never shoots anything is a useful addition in that strike.

It is solo-able but it's a long methodical process and there isn't much answer to the boss's boop aside from never getting close enough for it to happen.

Well that and SUPER TITAN flying back from it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish