As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Have they never made a special variant of an infested weapon?

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Not yet.

Infested weapons not named Lesion aren't very popular though. Then again, I don't think anyone was clamoring for Prisma Twin Gremlins either.

steam_sig.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Vandal: Improved versions of Corpus and Tenno themed weapons. Have a Lotus sigil as part of the decor.
    Wraith: Improved versions of Grineer and Tenno themed gear. Red color scheme.

Actually with the exception of the Latron and imperator these are more "generic manufacture" guns (many of them derivative from older Orokin designs), available in bulk to all sorts of factions across the origin system. You see a strong stylistic difference between weapons like the Braton/Lato/Strun and specialized tenno weapons like the Sybaris/Latron/Pyrana.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Aren't Mutalist Quanta/Cernos special infected weapons?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Aren't Mutalist Quanta/Cernos special infected weapons?

They're special infested versions of non-infested base weapons, not special versions of infested weapons. That was a bunch of words that made sense.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Looks like the steam packs are 50% off for the lunar sale. I just got the $10 one and got some plat, credit/affinity boost for 3 days, and some other stuff. Seems worth it for the cheap one anyway.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    hey I stop my antibiotic course this Friday

which is to say, if any of y'all need A Fraindo for ... literally anything, let me know >>: I can be on at any time you like. Seriously. I'm EST but I can be on at 4:00 AM EST if you need me (but I need advance notice)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/

which is to say, if any of y'all need A Fraindo for ... literally anything, let me know >>: I can be on at any time you like. Seriously. I'm EST but I can be on at 4:00 AM EST if you need me (but I need advance notice)

Woo, antibiotics for sinus infection buds! It's really awful isn't it?

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    I farmed up 10 kavat dna... it took like 2 hours and was completely miserable. I think before i do that againi need the scanner upgrade that speeds up scans, and more important, the one that does a double scan.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Are the Razorback Fleet percentages bullshit? Over the course of late Sunday night and Monday, the Switch version went from way behind to slightly ahead.

jothki wrote: »
    Are the Razorback Fleet percentages bullshit? Over the course of late Sunday night and Monday, the Switch version went from way behind to slightly ahead.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the meters. At the end of the day there seems to be some flag that needs to be manually flipped. You don't see the event kick off during the workweek, it's always with weekend coverage.

Steam Profile
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I farmed up 10 kavat dna... it took like 2 hours and was completely miserable. I think before i do that againi need the scanner upgrade that speeds up scans, and more important, the one that does a double scan.
    Honestly, I dumped forma into a scanhammer for getting my cat scans in. Still a slog to get the actual drops, but at least you can just mash things with a hammer instead of fucking about with the scanner.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Honestly, I dumped forma into a scanhammer for getting my cat scans in. Still a slog to get the actual drops, but at least you can just mash things with a hammer instead of fucking about with the scanner.

Ivara with range and duration for sleep arrows makes it cake. Murder everything around the cats, put them to sleep, then put them down for good.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    I splurged a little and bought a maxed out adaptation mod, that thing basically make you immortal so long as you dont just immediately die. I had that on oberon when i was farming DNA and i could just stand there with a bunch of crap hitting me and scan the cats.

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Big update just went up on the Switch version.

Looks like Fortuna is out. Download is pretty slow though.

Edit: Ok, now I know why it's taking a while.
    DE wrote:
    This is a remaster update! What exactly is a “remaster” you ask? Well!

When we launch a remaster update we are essentially doing a big cache cleanup to optimize old and existing assets. When we do this, we free up space for updates such as FORTUNA: Part 1!

Since this affects existing assets, Warframe will be re-downloaded in its entirety when the update goes live. This will appear no different from any other update, business as usual! You will get the update required system message as well as the launcher message.

Now in terms of size, the current total size of Warframe currently is 13.2 GB and thanks to the remaster it will remain roughly around that size (~13.5 GB) even with all the Fortuna content! 

Well, I don't mind too much, cleaning up the current version is a good idea really and it keeps the total size nice and low.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Hey all, wanted to throw some builds in here and see what ya'll think/can fix.

First thing I'm looking at is a Mios build. It's to be used in conjunction with Khora and I'm looking to build combo counter, crit, and inflict bleed as much as possible (at least in balance with the other criteria).

This one is pretty much raw base damage, viral and bleeds; I've also toyed with dropping the elemental stuff (which drops raw damage and viral) for a berserker/buzz kill combo (to up attack speed and proc bleed more reliably).

I wonder what other events they are going to spin up again/more quickly to let the switch people have access to some things. I wouldnt mind a plaguestar rolling around again, i could use some more forma. Assuming the do the event across all platforms like the acolytes. I dont even know what other events there are. Also curious which primes will be unvaulted next as well.

• hushhush Registered User regular
    Looks like as far as frames are concerned, probably either Ash or Volt (or both?!) involved in the next unvaulting, since they have been gone the longest.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I wonder what other events they are going to spin up again/more quickly to let the switch people have access to some things. I wouldnt mind a plaguestar rolling around again, i could use some more forma. Assuming the do the event across all platforms like the acolytes. I dont even know what other events there are. Also curious which primes will be unvaulted next as well.

Speaking as a Switch player, access to the Rhino and Saryn Primes would be very much appreciated.

Carrier Prime too, of course.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    Saryn prime is like my number 1 desire atm. I have regular saryn and didnt think there was a huge difference between the two, but looking it up saryn prime has like double the energy capacity, which is kind of a big deal compared to the like 10 shield primes usually get.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Saryn prime is like my number 1 desire atm. I have regular saryn and didnt think there was a huge difference between the two, but looking it up saryn prime has like double the energy capacity, which is kind of a big deal compared to the like 10 shield primes usually get.

Honestly, if you're not spamming miasma, energy isn't a huge concern for her. Both spores and the 3 stick around for a while

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »

Honestly, if you're not spamming miasma, energy isn't a huge concern for her. Both spores and the 3 stick around for a while

Miasma is a pretty great skill though especially with range and duration builds.

Steam Profile
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Daily free loot choice Do I go with Primed Fury for Melee Attack Speed, Primed Vigor for Shield and Health, or Primed Shred for Fire Rate and Punch through?

camo_sig.png
    Lol they did an ama today and it says they want to do plaguestar again in the upcoming months but no specifics.

I feel like everything always just dies so fast there arent enough things for the spores to spread to. Though i did the sortie yesterday and built it up to a stupid amount because there actually were enough sturdy enemies on the mobile defense. I did like 80% of the teams damage. But whenever im in sanctuary stuff just doesnt spawn fast enough and some maps are just too spread out.

übergeek wrote: »
    Daily free loot choice Do I go with Primed Fury for Melee Attack Speed, Primed Vigor for Shield and Health, or Primed Shred for Fire Rate and Punch through?

Shred.

There are only 3 or 4 frames that get as much EHP from Prime Vigor as Vitality/redirection, and Berserker is a better attack speed mod in this Blood Rush era.

steam_sig.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    My Saryn finished last night actually. Do I need Zenurik energy to be OP or are pizzas and energy siphon enough?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

oh my god you too dude??? YES, YES, IT IS FUCKING AWFUL JESUS.

Like on the one hand, I can breathe again! On the other, MY GUTS WARRGH. I'm actually really glad I haven't managed to get a job yet, because I'd be pretty much unable to do it.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Yilias wrote: »
    My Saryn finished last night actually. Do I need Zenurik energy to be OP or are pizzas and energy siphon enough?

I'd say the aura and pizzas are enough but Saryn also doesn't really need anything besides more energy to kill things and stay alive so it's not like the other focus schools really help a whole lot.

Steam Profile

I chose Shred, but now I wish I had chosen Fury.

I run Growing Power builds, and one of the lessons I've recently learned is that consistency is more important than speed with those builds. That means reload speed and magazine size are more important than fire rate for ranged weapons, but attack speed is the only thing that matters for melee weapons.

But I hear I'm going to get a do over in about a year!

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Oh good, I love the Glistening Magnificence! Sooooo many formas to buy.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Oh good, I love the Glistening Magnificence! Sooooo many formas to buy.

It's extremely efficient at providing those but I could hear Vay Hek's screaming in my sleep some of those nights.

Steam Profile

I run Growing Power builds, and one of the lessons I've recently learned is that consistency is more important than speed with those builds. That means reload speed and magazine size are more important than fire rate for ranged weapons, but attack speed is the only thing that matters for melee weapons.

You don't have 100% status weapons?

Granted, the best ones are primes, wraiths and vandals, but there are a couple of weapons with high enough status chance or guaranteed procs: Pox, Arca Plasmor, Zakti, Astilla, think Torid and Hysterix as well, plus a few others. Pox is the real highlight; it's a throwing secondary so it does have some projectile speed issues, but it *always* proc toxin and I think it's base reload speed is faster than it's fire rate.

steam_sig.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm about two weeks from the 200 day login and I was leaning Vigor, isn't Nova one of those frames that really benefits from that? I heart Nova.

edit- wait, I don't think that's the 200 is it? 200's an emblem and some stuff, nevermind.

Bobble on

oh my god you too dude??? YES, YES, IT IS FUCKING AWFUL JESUS.

Like on the one hand, I can breathe again! On the other, MY GUTS WARRGH. I'm actually really glad I haven't managed to get a job yet, because I'd be pretty much unable to do it.

Had to do two courses of antibiotics. Knocking on wood that that was enough. One of those courses when I was hitting Fortuna bounties hard to rank up and I often had to take breaks between those for the bathroom.

Steam Profile
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    I'm about two weeks from the 200 day login and I was leaning Vigor, isn't Nova one of those frames that really benefits from that? I heart Nova.

edit- wait, I don't think that's the 200 is it? 200's an emblem and some stuff, nevermind.

I took Vigor because it was in my Inaros build even though he doesn't have any shields. I didn't have the other two earmarked for any builds so went with the one I was going to use.

steam_sig.png
    edited February 2019
    Foefaller wrote: »

You don't have 100% status weapons?

Granted, the best ones are primes, wraiths and vandals, but there are a couple of weapons with high enough status chance or guaranteed procs: Pox, Arca Plasmor, Zakti, Astilla, think Torid and Hysterix as well, plus a few others. Pox is the real highlight; it's a throwing secondary so it does have some projectile speed issues, but it *always* proc toxin and I think it's base reload speed is faster than it's fire rate.

I mean, I do, but the problem I kept running into is that my build likes casting abilities often. So I would exhaust my clip, start reloading, then cast an ability that resets the reloading animation over and over again. The result was my gun would never get reloaded, and even 100% status chance doesn't help you when you can't actually shoot anything.

Complicating matters further is that, in addition to using Growing Power, I also like to use Blind Rage, which means my builds are energy-hungry to say the least. As such, I would prefer to use Red Veil or Cephalon Suda weapons, or weapons with augments from those syndicates, to help with my energy regen. Really, it's just Red Veil because all the Suda options either have no status chance, slow reload, or both.

Here's the weapon loadout I'm currently working toward:

Rakta Cernos Build

Innate blight. Innate silence for spy and rescue missions. Insanely fast reload speed. High status chance when modded accordingly. Magnetic damage to help against Corpus.

Embolist Build

The full package. Blight. Near 100% status. Nonexistent reload time. Large magazine. Fast fire rate. Corrosive damage to help against Grineer.

Rakta Dark Dagger Build

Attack speed and status chance are kinda bad, but options for melee weapons with blight or entropy are limited. Mods that give bonuses for attacking afflicted enemies or casting abilities synergize well with the rest of my build. Gas damage helps against infested.

Ivan Hunger on
    Bobble wrote: »

Two biggest beneficiaries for a Prime Vigor that actually replaces a Vitality/Redirection (rather than just stacking it) is Harrow, and 'frames with DR and an Arcane Aegis.

Harrow has a perfectly balanced EHP that gets the same about from Vitality and Primed Vigor, and benefits from extra shields with his first two abilities.

Frames with DR abilities apply that DR to shields, so they can benefit from shield regen on top of that protection. It really shines however, when you can get regen under fire from Arcane Aegis. Still need to be mostly balanced health wise though, so Mesa and Revenant don't really qualify.

There are other frames with that kind of balanced health, and the DR trick can still be pretty good without Aegis, but those are the ones I'd really go, "yeah, you need Prime vigor to really get the most out of them.

steam_sig.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I do find Primed Vigor useful on my Nova.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    That post about Energy Generator on Deth Cube got me to take a look at it today. If you put Synth Deconstruct on there too and mod a Sweeper for a gratuitous amount of fire rate and some punch through, the Deth Cube becomes supremely useful as a pretty reliable candy dispenser.

The Deth Cube has a pretty great niche now. It's hard to argue with something that spits out life and energy on a regular basis.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    That post about Energy Generator on Deth Cube got me to take a look at it today. If you put Synth Deconstruct on there too and mod a Sweeper for a gratuitous amount of fire rate and some punch through, the Deth Cube becomes supremely useful as a pretty reliable candy dispenser.

The Deth Cube has a pretty great niche now. It's hard to argue with something that spits out life and energy on a regular basis.

Fire rate is a trap! Don't fall for it!

If you mod sweeper for fire rate, Dethcube will shoot the same enemies multiple times, which accomplishes nothing because he only needs to attack each enemy once for it to count as an assist when the enemy dies.

What you want instead is a steady, continuous stream of bullets, with as few starts-and-stops as possible. Prioritize multishot, punch through, reload speed, and magazine size in that order, and you'll find you get drops even more reliably.

This discussion has been closed.