As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The result of this [love] thread is pointedly clear

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    So that thing I did a few weeks ago where I got to dress up like somebody from ye olden times for a commercial just landed me another spot as a background ye olden times soldier boy for a short film thing.

Surely the dates will flow once the ladies see me, resplendent, in a jerkin and cod piece.

Oh hey Joey from Friends

I've never seen friends so... fuck you?

I feel like this is the appropriate response even if you have seen friends.

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Housemate made gingerbread and was very excited for me to get home from work so I could try some. She was so excited she attempted to feed me a biscuit as soon as I walked in the door, but due to our vast height difference she ended up just kind of smashing it into my chin.

It was really good gingerbread though!

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So that thing I did a few weeks ago where I got to dress up like somebody from ye olden times for a commercial just landed me another spot as a background ye olden times soldier boy for a short film thing.

Surely the dates will flow once the ladies see me, resplendent, in a jerkin and cod piece.

Oh hey Joey from Friends

I've never seen friends so... fuck you?

Personally I'd take being compared to any of the F•R•I•E•N•D•S as a grave insult

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    if you're going to be compared to any given friend, Joey is probably the way to go though. Possibly Chandler.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Joey is alright

Richard was alright?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Could be worse

You could be compared to a Seinfeld character

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Heaven help anyone who compares me to a Seinfeld character.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    The only TV characters I will tolerate comparisons to are Happy Endings and Looney Tunes.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ceres wrote: »
    Heaven help anyone who compares me to a Seinfeld character.

You're such a..... The good one from a different show

I don't think I'd mind being called a ben wyatt

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Please only compare me to characters from Party Down and Slings and Arrows

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Wife bought tickets a couple months ago for a concert this Saturday. I don't want to gooooo.

Kaplar wrote: »
    Wife bought tickets a couple months ago for a concert this Saturday. I don't want to gooooo.

Why not?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm 100% Ben Wyatt

I am uncannily similar to Jake Peralta from B99

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    You're such a New Adventures of Old Christine.

You're quite the Veep.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular

Why not?

Because I want to stay home with no pants on.

Why not?

Because I want to stay home with no pants on.

Ah yes, this is a relatable conundrum.

I often even have it with things I myself planned and am looking forward to

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Could be worse

You could be compared to a Seinfeld character

To be fair, I am an assman.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    My goal is to be a Leslie Knope one day

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I am, at my best, barely a Shawna Malway-Tweep.

Welp so much for finding love

I need to get dentures

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    My goal is to be a Leslie Knope one day

Leslie Knope is extremely relatable on a good day

I'll be passionate about my job and work too hard on stuff for friends and strongly prefer a good waffle over other breakfast foods and maybe tear up if someone gave me macaroni art because they cared enough to try

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I never have and likely never will care about anything as much as Leslie Knope cares about everything

I want to be Leslie Knope when I grow up

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I would find Leslie Knope absolutely insufferable in real life

I mean she's pretty bad in the heightened reality of the show already

Straightzi on
    edited February 2019
    Everyone is insufferable to someone I guess

Solar on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Humans are awful, in general.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Leslie Knope seems like an enthusiastic, positive person, like sure, she's a white liberal, but she seems like a genuinely good person

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Leslie Knope seems like an enthusiastic, positive person, like sure, she's a white liberal, but she seems like a genuinely good person

I'm like really trying to figure out if you're seriously throwing shade here or not

edited February 2019
    I'm pretty far to the left...

Sorry, I will keep politics out of the love thread

DouglasDanger on
    Leslie Knope, like a lot of white liberals, has an optimism and faith in the system that is a bit at odds with the myriad ways in which the system is designed to keep the minorities she genuinely supports disenfranchised. White liberals tend to really struggle with praxis when it comes to confronting biases in spaces they themselves occupy and in their enthusiasm often step on the toes of movements that are actively fighting for beliefs they themselves proclaim.

It's not implicitly shade, but it isn't an entirely positive descriptor either

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Leslie Knope, like a lot of white liberals, has an optimism and faith in the system that is a bit at odds with the myriad ways in which the system is designed to keep the minorities she genuinely supports disenfranchised. White liberals tend to really struggle with praxis when it comes to confronting biases in spaces they themselves occupy and in their enthusiasm often step on the toes of movements that are actively fighting for beliefs they themselves proclaim.

What does this mean?

Capitalism and the US system of government have some much racism and classism built into them that they need to be dismantled

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

What does this mean?

I can see how white liberals would have difficulty acclimating to society on a mining moon under klingon rule

No I genuinely don't understand how praxis is being used in this context

edited February 2019
    Praxis: practice, as distinguished from theory

In theory, "all men are created equal... entitled to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness..." means all human are equal and have the same rights

In practice, it's been upper class heterosexual cisgendered white male Anglo Saxon Protestant landowners

DouglasDanger on
    Ok so that statement is saying people struggle with confronting bias and allowing others to express their views in practice despite vociferously agreeing or wanting to do so in theory?

Ok so that statement is saying people struggle with confronting bias and allowing others to express their views in practice despite vociferously agreeing or wanting to do so in theory?

Yeah. It's the difference between saying that you're against homophobia and actually taking a stand against your friends using gay a pejorative, as a very small scale example.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Getting tired of OkCupid again

I dislike how guys just hit "like" on everyone and thus likes from guys become meaningless

This discussion has been closed.