As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cleaning the inside of car windows

Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED!Registered User regular
I've been trying the clean the inside of my car windows due to them being very hard to see through during the night.

Problem 1: Can't really see what needs cleaning during the day.
Problem 2: The angles on the front and back window are super awkward.
Problem 3: Everything streaks. I've even tried the Invisible Glass and newspaper routine and nothing.

Any suggestions?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    If everything is streaking after using (for example) windex and paper towels, you just need to let it dry and wash it a couple more times. As for weird angles, yeah, not much to do about that except keep at it.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I feel like I need to park under a street light to actually see the streaks.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I second the Isopropyl Alcohol mentioned in the video. (also great for cleaning smudges on glasses.)

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I feel like I need to park under a street light to actually see the streaks.

I have literally done this when I had this issue. I have also parked my car facing the sun for the same reason. Do what needs to be done! :razz:

I've been pretty successful using microfiber cloths and windex. You do have to make sure you don't reuse the dirty side of a cloth, and you may have to go over the same spot a few times with clean cloths each time.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    also one "trick" is to apply the liquid to the cleaning cloth, not the glass directly. This helps remove streaks a little easier.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    When I let my car windows get extra grubby, they always take two goes to get properly clean. I use paper towel and tint and paint-safe window cleaner (not standard Windex!), then I go over them again with the same cleaner, but I use newspaper the second time, it seems to give the glass an extra gloss to my eye.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Also: this guy is a bit of a dildo but he knows his shit when it comes to getting cars very very clean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4WwOrkgXlc