As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

join us in glorious pod-hood [jobs]

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my only criticism of how people around here deal with snow is that they'll shovel their way to their car but not the sidewalk in front of their house

• schussschuss Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah see that right there is a road I would really prefer not to drive on unless there was an emergency. And I grew up in a snowy area!

On the other hand I see that as one you drive carefully on until you feel out the traction. Most of the time thin cover like that feels more slippery than it is, as even a few feet of skidding gets you to scraping pavement, so it's like a slightly greasy normal road. Great for tailslides

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    If I'm doing the shoveling I will shovel exactly enough to do what I want to do. The sidewalk is the government's issue, or else I'd be painting dicks all over it.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you'd fit right in here

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah I won't diminish the trouble or dangers of ice/snow anywhere, but I live and grew up in an area where 3-4 inches is pretty standard and kind of light. We also get lake effect so often when areas around me get 6 inches, we get over a foot. Heck tonight were suppose to get over an inch...of ice rain.

Those of you who live in places where a little snow halts everything are honestly just living in a smarter area. I have no idea why my great great great grandparents decided to live in a place that sees below 0 temps and feet of snow every winter.

At least we can all laugh at the south where a light dusting scares people.

• Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    If I'm doing the shoveling I will shovel exactly enough to do what I want to do. The sidewalk is the government's issue, or else I'd be painting dicks all over it.

You might want to check your local laws - sidewalks are generally the responsibility of the property owner. There are definitely places where you're liable if someone slips and injures themselves on your un-shoveled sidewalk.

You might want to check your local laws - sidewalks are generally the responsibility of the property owner. There are definitely places where you're liable if someone slips and injures themselves on your un-shoveled sidewalk.

Yep, that was the case in my area and the post office would leave notes and stop delivering if you didn't shovel properly

• BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Also, shoveling sidewalks is very useful to people with limited or impaired mobility. My shoveling routine is sidewalk, walkway to cars/house, driveway, everything else. (it snows often enough here that I get to have a routine.)

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    That's a first. Refused service to a customer. Life tip: Don't be a fucking prick to the only person who can help you.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    If we get any ice or snow down here we are flat out not equipped to deal with it at all and the whole city basically shuts down.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    This level of snow is unusual for the immediate area (of course we’re close to Rainier which sees a ton of snow), and yeah, we’re not really equipped.

But everyone was driving slowly and no drivers beeped at me or gave me shit for driving 20 mph.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    0Bf57NS_d.jpg

This was taken earlier this winter (assuming the image shows up, I'm on mobile). Our work was not closed. But we have snow plows and winter tires and salt trucks and tons of snow experience which makes it less dangerous.

I really wish I lived somewhere with no snow. It's such a horrible substance.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My snowblower is the single greatest purchase I've ever made.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

BTW - some tires my Dad has had luck with that work year round are these:
    https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Quatrac+5&partnum=765HR5QT5&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Prius+c&autoModClar=Four&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=2016&autoModel=Prius+c&autoModClar=Four

The severe snow rating on all seasons is a new thing in the past few years, but absolutely makes a huge difference.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Yeah the village I live in, it's my responsibility to clear it.

However sometimes it snows like 2 feet while I'm at work and it takes me like 2-3 hours after I get home to get it cleared up.

I do try because I realize there are some handicapped people in my neighborhood and I don't want them in the street but I can only do so much by myself.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    my village also sends a dude with a little 4wheeler and a plow attached to it on the really super bad days

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Interview over, another tomorrow, supervisor confided that several people have been contacting them for reference checks, and my Individual Development Plan that I've been trying to get for almost 4 years with the state is pretty much glowing.

Says something about me that I'm forcing down paranoia about when the other shoe is dropping.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Also I am going to remember there is a dip in the road away from here because I did not see it coming in at 60 MPH and I'm pretty sure I caught air. No damage thankfully, but that woke me up for sure.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    All y'all talkin' bout snow and I'm over here like

SWJSyLi.png

What season do we get today!

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    There was a pipe that blew on the ground floor of our building yesterday

It... would suck to be these people, but I can't help but laugh at this video

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Kaplar wrote: »
    That's a first. Refused service to a customer. Life tip: Don't be a fucking prick to the only person who can help you.

Guy had an expired ID and wanted to get his balance. I told him I would need a valid one so he started getting upset. I looked him up and saw he only had 7 bucks in his account. Told him I'd make an exception this time but he would need ID next time and he says "don't even talk to me man". Alright. I won't talk to you. Here's your shit.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Thankfully did not accumulate too much bullshit on my time off. Though I do have like 12 new dockets to do, agh

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Our entire deli staff called out.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Our entire deli staff called out.

Oh man, that's a cold cut.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    But if you're someone who always wanted to work with slicing meat, it must be absolutely deli-ghtful!

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Will you turkeys stop hamming it up with your cheesy posts in here?

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Dude, what's your beef with puns? Our humour may be a bit rye, but I'm holding out an olive branch here!

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Interview over, another tomorrow, supervisor confided that several people have been contacting them for reference checks, and my Individual Development Plan that I've been trying to get for almost 4 years with the state is pretty much glowing.

Says something about me that I'm forcing down paranoia about when the other shoe is dropping.

That you're a human being? I mean, probably.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I rocked the interview well enough to get invited back, now I'll just have to deal with the scheduling trickiness seeing as how tomorrow will be my first day 'back' at work.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Well, I am in Arizona and don't have a sidewalk, so I am not currently worried. But if I lived in Missouri and someone tripped and fell on my sidewalk because I didn't shovel it while I was on vacation I would throw a whole great many fuck yous at thw government for their stupid law. If I don't own it, it shouldn't be my responsibility.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Yeah see that right there is a road I would really prefer not to drive on unless there was an emergency. And I grew up in a snowy area!

On the other hand I see that as one you drive carefully on until you feel out the traction. Most of the time thin cover like that feels more slippery than it is, as even a few feet of skidding gets you to scraping pavement, so it's like a slightly greasy normal road. Great for tailslides

Sounds great until someone who's not being cautious plows into you during a skid because they drove too fast.

Man I want a deli sandwich now.

Sounds great until someone who's not being cautious plows into you during a skid because they drove too fast.

Well, they suck at driving, I'm amazing.

;)

I grew up in rural NH, so snow driving is kinda my jam.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man today ended up being busy as hell

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Stayed home with the kid who had school off for the new year celebration. Went to a firework show at a park, and it was so nice. 60 degrees and sunny, with just enough of a breeze to blow around some of the confetti from the confetti cannons. She played on the playground and then watched the show.
    Only thing is she thinks we went to China. I'm trying to explain China Town to her, and have almost succeeded.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular

I can drive on stuff like that; I'd just rather not.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @Moriveth made an appointment to take my car in to get all-weather tires this weekend!

I’m going to leave early today so I still drive while it’s daylight.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Everyone is reply all responding to an email that specifically says do not reply

....why

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Everyone is reply all responding to an email that specifically says do not reply

....why

Reading Comp failures

• Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Sometimes people think they're being clever or funny.

Sometimes they're really idiots.

How big is the distribution list?

This discussion has been closed.