As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    And a new Crucile Cast to go along with it.

https://youtu.be/jMpjLBEasaw

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    image0.jpg

Played in my first Keyforge tournament (second time playing) and did pretty well for myself!

I need to play more with/against shadows. They gave me a lot of trouble because I had no clue what to look for.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    While probably not the most exciting thing, they posted some new Keyforge art on Instagram.

Wonder if this is a lead-up to announcing set 2. (Which probably won't be out for a couple of months anyway.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My first deck (which I got for my birthday which was yesterday) is Sanctum, Dis, and Logos, and my wife picked up a Shadows, Logos, and Brobnar deck.

I dunno if my deck was just super strong or I just picked up on the game easier or what, but at one point I had like 18 creatures out and she didn’t have any because I kept killing them. One of my Logos creatures gave armor to adjacent creatures and another gave Taunt to adjacent creatures and could move after attacking; I just put them next to each other and she could not break through it. Got a healing blaster or whatever to deal with any accidental damage that got through.

I kinda want to break it out in public and see if it’s broken or if I was just lucky to get all that out.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    got a link to the decks from the KF site?

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I mean she had Shadows, so presumably she should've been letting your creatures Reap and then stealing the Ember from you

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I’ll see if I can figure out how to scan them when I get a minute

edited February 2019
    joshofalltrades on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

That is some really dumb Dis stuff.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    That's a lot of creature removal in Logos as well

That's just a damn strong deck IMO

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Good to know it wasn’t just me! Think I’ll bring it out next time there’s a local tournament.

edited February 2019
    I didn't realize I could play this online. I brought The Needy Symbiote of Camelovita into a random match and proceeded to absolutely fucking mop the floor with my opponent. Every time they brought a creature out I immediately cleared the board and they were restricted to only 2 cards per turn due to Ember Imp, which was protected by Bulwark and Sanctum Guardian on either side.

I ended up forging 2 keys before they could get more than 1 AEmber, and they conceded the game without saying a word.

This deck feels fucking dirty.

joshofalltrades on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Ember Imp is VERY good if you can protect it.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Came back from an Archon Adaptive tournament. Was pretty interesting, decided to go in with a deck I've been practicing a lot with. In both rounds my deck lost with both opponents bidding 13 chains to use their winning decks.

The plan after that was to get as much amber fast enough before they throw down their OP cards. The plan worked for the most part and won 2 rounds.

But then I had to leave. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I was finally at a store that had keyforge decks in stock, so I bought a couple. This one looks like it has some real nasty potential. Round table plus a ton of knights plus arise to get all of them back plus nasty dis stuff to put in between those taunting tanky knights. The Logos stuff isnt dynamite at first glance, but I'll have to see how it plays out once I can get this deck played some.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/7269c954-a1c9-4cb8-b2e2-d111fa63d7cd

Ah_Pook on
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    I was finally at a store that had keyforge decks in stock, so I bought a couple. This one looks like it has some real nasty potential. Round table plus a ton of knights plus arise to get all of them back plus nasty dis stuff to put in between those taunting tanky knights. The Logos stuff isnt dynamite at first glance, but I'll have to see how it plays out once I can get this deck played some.

Nah, that Logos stuff is silly. Archiving a card a is strong. You have Effervescent Principle to counter blowout aether generation. Basically you go Logos a turn to empty out your hand while putting all the non-Logos in archive to set up a blowout next turn.

Wow that is a really fucky deck, in a good way

edited February 2019
    Set 2 got announced today, Age of Ascension.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/2/12/age-of-ascension/

204 new cards, 166 cards from the original set.

Couple of new keywords.

Alpha and Omega, which are basically Priority and Terminal from Netrunner. Cards with Alpha have to be the first thing you play during a turn, and Omega cards end the phase after resolving them.

Deploy creatures can be played anywhere in the battle-line.

There's a new Maverick-style system called Legacy cards, where cards that are not normally in the AoA pool can be pulled forward.

There's a new starter set as well, being called the Two-Player Starter Set. The non-unique decks are being ditched, and there's two poster playmats instead. Power and Stun tokens are actual tokens as well instead of cards. It's also $24.95 instead of $39.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    The best thing about it is that Call of Archons decks are still tournament legal, and sets are compatible with each other.

Would have made the barrier to entry a nonstarter for a lot of folks otherwise.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It's been 4 months since the first set! Of course it's all compatible. Obsoleting a product that quickly would cause a justified outcry otherwise.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited February 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

Nah, that Logos stuff is silly. Archiving a card a is strong. You have Effervescent Principle to counter blowout aether generation. Basically you go Logos a turn to empty out your hand while putting all the non-Logos in archive to set up a blowout next turn.

Holy shit this deck puts in work . The Logos stuff is great. So much archiving and card draw and table wiping and destroying Amber and generally being an asshole.

Ah_Pook on
    New article up, talking about the Vault Tour.

I just... what?... at that last prize.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Doing another sealed event on the weekend. It's nice that there's so little pressure for it. I literally cannot pre-prep in any way but will just turn up, be handed a deck, play some games and have some fun. But there's still the small thrill of potential prizes to be won and participation loot to get.

I'd lack to dabble in the more serious archon format chainbound stuff but around here that seems to be more week day evenings at stores and I can only get out to weekend events.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I wish a store near me did sealed events. I would be entirely there.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    So my buddy has this deck

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/762b9305-7ecd-49ba-aaf2-cf5dd786fa52

Double Time Traveller, Niffle Queen, triple Smith, triple Anger, Library of Babble, double Lost in the Woods (for the Time Travellers), double Witch of the Eye. It is... pretty good.

Came second of 6 with this:

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/c265be49-9511-415b-97c0-bf77f92dda35

That name though. Firefly spoilers!

It was adaptive again which I love.

Lost the first 1-2 with my deck as the underdog in the decider. Won the second 2-1 with my deck as the underdog in decider. Won the third 2-1 with my deck as favourite in the decider.

2nd overall. Minor loot:

9as3ha4tu35s.jpeg

Gave up on the dream of winning a mat and just bought one as I was the only peasant there playing on bare table.

Good fun day.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    persona4celestia.jpg
    persona4celestia.jpg
    New article up, talking about the æmbershard cost for things on the prize wall at Vault Tour stops.

And also how many shards you get for playing/winning at events of all different tiers.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I finally found a core set for sale, which is ridiculous that it took this long.

Except now if I wait for the new set the tokens will be better, since the idea of cards as tokens seems cumbersome.

And then the other issue is communication with the game store. I was hoping there would be a weekly free event but theres seems like its only one monthly event with a 5 dollar cover. And I go to open gaming on Saturdays and have seen people play Keyforge but they look paired off already and I dont want to bug someone I dont know to include me.

So yeah I've cooled on this game quite a bit due to these frustrations. The new stuff does look cool at least. And Im really surprised they're not adding new houses yet.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Im really surprised they're not adding new houses yet.

Aren't there cards that reference specific houses? Adding more houses might dilute those cards a bit.

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Qhy “Bad Dog” Oqhy

I have no idea how it'll play, but damned if I don't love it already.

Congrats on the most unpronounceable name I've seen yet!

Key O'Key?

Of the Haversford O'Keys?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Good ol Bad Dog.

Nothing else just Bad Dog!

On a side note, I kinda dig that they did a special promotion for FLGS’ that were going to visit them at GAMA. If you signed up in time, they had special legal decks that worked your store’s name into the Archon name for them, and a GAMA stamp by the archon as well.

Apparently some stores got up to a dozen of them to do whatever they want with.

persona4celestia.jpg
    EtNqqD0.png

Huh, so for the main event at Vault Tours, the deck you're playing as automatically levels up Power-wise depending on your performance.

persona4celestia.jpg
    If power level is meant to be an indication of deck strength/success, giving out level 3 for just turning up and losing repeatedly seems odd.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    If power level is meant to be an indication of deck strength/success, giving out level 3 for just turning up and losing repeatedly seems odd.

... unless level 3 is supposed to be, like, "Baseline Power," allowing them to have even worse ratings below that.

Sorta like how you start at rating 1000 in chess / Star Craft / whatever and can, eventually, lose points.

edited March 2019
    Elvenshae wrote: »

... unless level 3 is supposed to be, like, "Baseline Power," allowing them to have even worse ratings below that.

Sorta like how you start at rating 1000 in chess / Star Craft / whatever and can, eventually, lose points.

I think it's also a consideration that anyone who's played a good deck a bunch at events probably has some chains on it. It discourages someone from saving some strong deck so they can come in with no chains for an advantage over people who've been playing stuff. Conversely, it encourages people to bring the decks they've played a bunch because it'll start on a level playing field.

Polaritie on