As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Probably? grats if so!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    The Division 2 Private Beta just appears in my game list. Guess that means I got accepted? I certainly hope so.

I have it in my games list as well. No email or anything like that though.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Could be, they are about to make a livestream with more details in the beta in a few minutes.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Link?

edited February 2019
    Here you go! Starts at 11:00 CT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYI3eMr1tSY

Satsumomo on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

30 minutes?

I hope they don't go too pop-culture with the emotes in this game. Really enjoyed the emotes in 1.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I hope they don't go too pop-culture with the emotes in this game. Really enjoyed the emotes in 1.

I don't think they will since everybody and their mother (literally...) are going lawsuit crazy over Fortnite's pop culture reference dances.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Game 1 had some funny emotes towards the end. Like I too think they had the carlton dance...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2019
    Living world looks interesting, as is their conversation to present it:
    "hey, public executions are a thing now"

edit: bleh,
    not keen on the idea of google-discovery-hive content... Destiny has really soured me on that stuff. So... hopefully it won't be that obtuse.

tastydonuts on

not keen on the idea of google-discovery-hive content... Destiny has really soured me on that stuff. So... hopefully it won't be that obtuse.

What are you referring to in your second spoiler? I played Destiny 2 for about 4 hours (and Destiny 1 not at all) and bounced off it really hard.

edited February 2019
    The extra stash space from the Elite Agent Pack in the fancy bundle is just you getting the bonus stash space from gameplay early.

Space is as follows: 50 Base + 50 (via Perks)+ 50 (The endgame, this is given via the Elite agent pack)

--

Also, co-op play gives you scaled up gameplay, but drops at your real level.

--

Enemies actually have randomized spawns when replaying the missions (similar to Gears of War, etc)

tastydonuts on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The extra stash space from the Elite Agent Pack in the fancy bundle is just you getting the bonus stash space from gameplay early.

Space is as follows: 50 Base + 50 (via Perks)+ 50 (The endgame, this is given via the Elite agent pack)

--

--

Enemies actually have randomized spawns when replaying the missions (similar to Gears of War, etc)

Interesting, 150 slots total then? Is that like.. 150 in the Stash + however many slots your guy can hold at once? Or 150 total.

Or just 150 until you pay for additional slots?

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    The Division 2 Private Beta just appears in my game list. Guess that means I got accepted? I certainly hope so.

Hey, look at that: I have that icon in my game list too!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    darkmayo wrote: »

--

--

Interesting, 150 slots total then? Is that like.. 150 in the Stash + however many slots your guy can hold at once? Or 150 total.

Or just 150 until you pay for additional slots?

I actually think that 150 is the max slots in stash. Their big thing was making sure people didn't think that the Elite Agent Pack would give people more stash space than players who didn't buy it overall. It's just getting a +50 slot perk at the start of the game instead of at the end.

Bags probably have their own space, but IDK.

I'm assuming they're not selling inventory space at this point.

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular

--

--

I am so on board with these changes. The co-op one is great cuz right now I have 2 characters to play with friends who are about 2-4 levels apart. I hope there's a choice between invaded and not invaded missions when playing with lower levels though. That would be an easy oversight.

76561197966849367.png
    Aye, the invasions sound like the Legendary difficulty missions where it's all LMB, all the time.

Aye, the invasions sound like the Legendary difficulty missions where it's all LMB, all the time.

I kind of dislike that though? Like it means you have 3 factions that ultimately don't mean shit outside of the dark zone? Like I get the LMB and the new LMB are the toughest faction, but it means fighting end game I get the same enemies everytime and that bores me.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Marco dropped some info about the gear, mods, builds and so on. It looks like some really cool stuff is coming on that front which makes me happy since gearing and fiddling with builds was one of the more enjoyable long-term aspects of div1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h_0r0zNNiQ

Preacher wrote: »

I kind of dislike that though? Like it means you have 3 factions that ultimately don't mean shit outside of the dark zone? Like I get the LMB and the new LMB are the toughest faction, but it means fighting end game I get the same enemies everytime and that bores me.

They mentioned on the stream that even though the Black Tusk faction comes in at the end game doesn't mean the other factions go away. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some invasion missions that used the original factions but ramp up the difficulty through massed enemy waves, grenade spam, etc.

m!ttens wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

They mentioned on the stream that even though the Black Tusk faction comes in at the end game doesn't mean the other factions go away. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't some invasion missions that used the original factions but ramp up the difficulty through massed enemy waves, grenade spam, etc.

I dunno Marco's video made it sound like it means all the previous missions now become black tusk missions just like all legendary missions were LMB only. I hoped that would stop with div 2. Don't make factions you aren't committing to be in end game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2019

What are you referring to in your second spoiler? I played Destiny 2 for about 4 hours (and Destiny 1 not at all) and bounced off it really hard.

sorry, circling back to this right quick. Simple example would be the invisible chests that require jumping "puzzles" and a timed consumable to even be able to get to, that if you weren't a hunter, had a chest detector ghost on or otherwise had outside knowledge you probably would never even know exist, which are spread across an entire game map, whose locations change on a three week cycle. They went so far along the google-discovery-hive path that they had to do this last month.

I mean, I imagine that's fun if you're engaged in the whatever, but if you're not, well... Y2 Destiny 2 is pretty much "repeat what the streamers do because you're going to waste a lot of your time otherwise" and/or "oh, they unlocked this for you. cheers." the game. Also factor in that you have to have other people to do some of those puzzles... I mean, Destiny 1 had the thing in the giant ship (forgot the name). And even The Division has its mystery mission for a commendation... and I'm just not a fan of it.

tastydonuts on
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

sorry, circling back to this right quick. Simple example would be the invisible chests that require jumping "puzzles" and a timed consumable to even be able to get to, that if you weren't a hunter, had a chest detector ghost on or otherwise had outside knowledge you probably would never even know exist, which are spread across an entire game map, whose locations change on a three week cycle. They went so far along the google-discovery-hive path that they had to do this last month.

I mean, I imagine that's fun if you're engaged in the whatever, but if you're not, well... Y2 Destiny 2 is pretty much "repeat what the streamers do because you're going to waste a lot of your time otherwise" and/or "oh, they unlocked this for you. cheers." the game. Also factor in that you have to have other people to do some of those puzzles... I mean, Destiny 1 had the thing in the giant ship (forgot the name). And even The Division has its mystery mission for a commendation... and I'm just not a fan of it.

I've got no problem with a treasure hunt mechanic, so long as you can do it solo (which is not the case with west side pier). Something like the Thieves Den triangulation thing from the Dark Zone (ie interact with otherwise innocuous terminals, scan things etc), but in the main map would be pretty neat for example.

Weird ARG bullshit isn't really engaging to me at all because it's either a) a one and done exclusive for the streaming group that poopsocked to get it or b) so convoluted that you end up in the destiny 2 situation. Or both!

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png

I've got no problem with a treasure hunt mechanic, so long as you can do it solo (which is not the case with west side pier). Something like the Thieves Den triangulation thing from the Dark Zone (ie interact with otherwise innocuous terminals, scan things etc), but in the main map would be pretty neat for example.

Honestly I wish a lot of things from the dark zone were in the none dark zone. Like supply drops and land marks.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    They do have the weekly supply drops outside the Dark Zone, but I can understand wanting more of those.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    Land Marks at least seem to be making a sort of transition, or at least in the form of those random missions that turn up during levelling being a recurring thing. Hopefully they have the same effect because yeah they are probably the best bit of the DZ for me.

7qmGNt5.png
    Yeah, landmarks are the best part of the DZ for me too.

Dalantia wrote: »
    They do have the weekly supply drops outside the Dark Zone, but I can understand wanting more of those.

Yeah one weekly one, versus like hourly ones in the dark zone. Again sometimes I just want some single player/small group fun without pvp bullshit in the way.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    There's a weekly supply drop? I've only ever seen the season pass one. o_o

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's a supply drop out in the world that shows up once a week, guarded by a few purples and a gold bar.

I think. I haven't played in a while, but I don't know if they took that out.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
    There's a weekly supply drop? I've only ever seen the season pass one. o_o

Yeah it reups like on a saturday or something? But basically there is a supply drop in the single player area between the starter dock area and the main hub, you'll get a ping on your radar. I don't know if it has the same equipment chance of a real supply drop.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Unless something has changed they're bi-weekly not weekly.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The description of Black Tusk I saw says that they ‘actuvely try to retake areas of the city’ which makes them sound like an additional, albeit dominant, new faction rather than just a replacement.

For example, they occupy one Darkzone that rotates, so if you don’t want to fight them there’s 2 other standard Darkzones.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Beta is preloading so I guess I got in 🙂

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a supply drop out in the world that shows up once a week, guarded by a few purples and a gold bar.

I think. I haven't played in a while, but I don't know if they took that out.

Or, if you're in WT5, it's guarded by a pack of golds.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I thought it was weird that they weren't sending emails for the private beta but from the message I'm seeing in the Ubisoft client it's just if you've preordered.

edited February 2019
    I got an email saying I'm in the beta this weekend. Didn't preorder.

Cobalt60 on
    edited February 2019
    From what I understand, if you bought it digitally it registers to your uPlay account anyway so there’s no need to send a key.

I registered for the beta through clicking a link in uPlay itself, so I guess it just tied directly to my account.

I got an email but it just said ‘go find it in your games list and download it’.

-Loki- on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I just saw that private beta peeps (preorder or otherwise) may have three "invitation codes" to give to friends. Is anyone here willing to be my friend? I'll be playing on PS4 and am based in GST +11.

26904.png
    I think we need to wait until the beta starts to send invite codes to friends - at least it says "INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU STARTING FEBRUARY 6TH AT 6PM".

Well today is February 6th! From what I see in Reddit, people are already giving out their invites.