As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Kingdom Hearts] Melody of Melancholy

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh I hadn't seen the Secret Movie yet
    god I love this bullshit, this is bringing me back to the BHK days

for those of you JOHNNY COME-LATELIES, the wild speculation after Deep Dive in KH1 revolved around Roxas, who wasn't named at the time, so he was exclusively referred to as "BHK" (Blonde-Haired Kid), and nobody knew who the fuck he was or how he could possibly fit in the story

Now we're completely untethered from the Organization and Xehanort so this shit could be anything, ideally with Xigbar as the main villain going forward

I'm actually really excited for the future here! This is some interesting setup! I'm glad that Sora and Riku will continue to be the protagonists! They are the absolute goddamn worst at finding anything for Kairi to do beyond being the goal to achieve!
    Everyone fav this tweet now so you can come back to it in ten years - master of masters is the black coat boy on top of the buildings in the secret ending

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Secret Movie
    I think Kingdom Hearts has become Nomura’s backdoor pilot to get to make Versus 13 anyway and I am in love with the audacity

6F32U1X.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    T4CT wrote: »
    oh I hadn't seen the Secret Movie yet
    god I love this bullshit, this is bringing me back to the BHK days

for those of you JOHNNY COME-LATELIES, the wild speculation after Deep Dive in KH1 revolved around Roxas, who wasn't named at the time, so he was exclusively referred to as "BHK" (Blonde-Haired Kid), and nobody knew who the fuck he was or how he could possibly fit in the story

Now we're completely untethered from the Organization and Xehanort so this shit could be anything, ideally with Xigbar as the main villain going forward

I'm actually really excited for the future here! This is some interesting setup! I'm glad that Sora and Riku will continue to be the protagonists! They are the absolute goddamn worst at finding anything for Kairi to do beyond being the goal to achieve!
    Everyone fav this tweet now so you can come back to it in ten years - master of masters is the black coat boy on top of the buildings in the secret ending
    Oh yeah, that’s what I assumed, too. Since they reveal Luxu in the epilogue, the only one they’d bother keeping in the coat is MoM.

IKknkhU.gif
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I have a question about KH3 and trailers
    The Lost Master who wasn't in that ending (Ava?) showed up in trailers for this game, right? But I never found her

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    Epilogue
    I feel like MoM and Luxu are the same person, and MoM is just him from the future. They both wear black and have the same way of speaking/moving, but it seems too obvious.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I have a question about KH3 and trailers
    The Lost Master who wasn't in that ending (Ava?) showed up in trailers for this game, right? But I never found her

We can speculate that...
    it probably is the other Heart that's inside Sora.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    About Coats
    those coats are designed to combat the corrosion and badness of constantly using darkness tunnels, so anyone who is using those tunnels theoretically needs one of those bad boys on

Hadn't considered luxu and MoM being the same person....so maybe luxu goes back in time to give himself No Name and ensure the book of prophecies? Interesting

Sanctuary
    well, now I've bought FF15, which I've never played save for an hour when it first came out

figured now (and now that I have an Xbox One X) is a good time for that

6F32U1X.png
    Sanctuary
    well, now I've bought FF15, which I've never played save for an hour when it first came out

...shit, that's not a bad idea

Maybe my Nomura journey doesn't have to be over just because I finished KH3

Sanctuary

you can get the version that comes with most (maybe all?) of the DLC for about 20 bucks now at most shops

though I'm not sure if it actually counts as a Nomura game, to the best of my recollection he got fired partway through and the project got completely rebooted

6F32U1X.png
    Sanctuary

you can get the version that comes with most (maybe all?) of the DLC for about 20 bucks now at most shops

though I'm not sure if it actually counts as a Nomura game, to the best of my recollection he got fired partway through and the project got completely rebooted

Damn, my attempt to avoid just saying "JRPG" failed

Still

(KH3 spoilers)
    If FFXV is going to be as plot relevant as people think it is considering the secret ending, it could be worth running through

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Sanctuary
    Yea FF15 is not a Nomura game.

Versus 13 was a Nomura game.

KH3 made me retroactively a bit more sad about FF15 because I saw how awesome Versus 13 would have been if that's what we had gotten.

DemonStacey on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    From what I understand Tabata basically threw everything out, including most of the story.

I have no idea what state the story is in now with all the dlc but at launch it was a fucking mess. I still have no idea how the last few chapters actually managed to resonate considering how bad the rest of the story was up to that point, but they did.

Sanctuary
    I'm very curious how FF15 feels just coming off of KH3, because I really liked KH3's action and found FF15's to be...weird, when it initially came out, but that was 2 years and approximately seventeen patches ago

6F32U1X.png
    Sanctuary
    god it's so weird to refer to Kingdom Hearts 3 in the past tense now

6F32U1X.png
    Sanctuary
    Weirdly my next great hope for Kingdom Hearts things is Sora in Smash

His stage can be the Keyblade Graveyard

edited February 2019
    Sanctuary
    Honestly think the main reason that could happen is Sakurai's studio is named "Sora"

I think I'd rather his stage be Traverse or Twilight Town, maybe the Dive to the Heart

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The only problem with KH DLC in Smash would be that precedent for DLC means they won't throw the whole soundtrack in, so i'd be at least a little disappointed

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The actual problem is Disney.

I do not see Nintendo wanting to deal with Disney for a single dlc character. Especially considering how things went when Disney got ahold of Marvel and all the games using its IPs.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    why do i have to play this frozen sled game so many times. why. please, free me

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    Simple & Clean
    why do i have to play this frozen sled game so many times. why. please, free me

Sorry, you must suffer as I did

IKknkhU.gif
    Sanctuary
    Arendelle
    does it strike anyone else as super weird that Elsa wasn't a party member?

like, I was for sure that that's how it would go, of all the new Disney characters in this game, she is far and away the most suited for it and I have no idea why that didn't happen

6F32U1X.png
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    Arendelle

like, I was for sure that that's how it would go, of all the new Disney characters in this game, she is far and away the most suited for it and I have no idea why that didn't happen
    I was about to say that potential princesses of light aren't allowed to be in the party but Rapunzel was right there

so

??????????

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Arendelle

becauae she’s need to be a purely temporary party member towards the start, or they’d have to deviate from the movie plot to have her fight alongside you after she made the ice palace. And it appears that Arandelle is the world that had a writing team least interested in deviating from the movie plot in any way. Even Corona and the Caribbean were okay with having temporary party members.

I would’ve liked having the ice palace as an explorable area, in which you fight off Heartless and Nobodies while contending with Larxene’s attempts to drive Elsa over the edge. Which would’ve been kinda like Beast’s Castle in KH2, now I think about it. Would’ve been more interesting than Larxene being hands off except for when she’s exiling Sora from the movie plot.

Enlong on
    Simple & Clean
    Arendelle

It is definitely a strange choice

But on the other hand, I kinda love that they subvert your expectations.

And I also have to admit I like that the story ends up proving Larxene to be actually correct. Sora's trying to do his hero thing with Elsa, and Larxene's all, "Hey, how 'bout you just leave her alone for a bit and let her figure her shit out, you annoying dork." And then that's literally what happens.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    Arendelle

It is definitely a strange choice

But on the other hand, I kinda love that they subvert your expectations.

And I also have to admit I like that the story ends up proving Larxene to be actually correct. Sora's trying to do his hero thing with Elsa, and Larxene's all, "Hey, how 'bout you just leave her alone for a bit and let her figure her shit out, you annoying dork." And then that's literally what happens.
    it is kinda neat. But it also makes me think she has no business whatever calling Demyx lazy after that.

edited February 2019
    Sanctuary
    on a similar combination note, I also think it's super weird the FF15 boys aren't in this

though I guess given some other stuff referencing it, it seems Nomura would rather die than acknowledge it

but it's ABOUT bonds and friendship!

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    Well, so is FFIX, but Vivi seems to have been exiled from Twilight Town without even a hand wave like the Discipinary Comittee got.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Keyblade Graveyard
    Yo Donald just straight up killed a guy!

X22wmuF.jpg
    The Caribbean
    i kinda wish there was more to Calypso trying to get Sora to break her seal with the Keyblade.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    In case anyone hasn't played Kingdom Hearts 2 in a while, Final Form is still the coolest thing in the world.

Sanctuary
    I just spent my evening upgrading every keyblade to max

I'm rapidly running out of non-gummi ship things to do

I kind of wish this had a NG+

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    You know one thing I do think is interesting is how with Sora
    You know I think its funny how the game deals with Sora's power level.

Like he seems to be incredibly powerful and his whole "ability to connect through hearts across worlds" that they've introduced probably makes that even moreso.

But he is also a complete doofus and his inability to be serious is probably what stunts him but his optimism also seems to be a source of his strength.

Sanctuary
    I'M FREE

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh no I took a few days off and now I'm avoiding spoilers instead of posting them! But there's just so much sailing to do!

San Fransokyo
    wait a sec. Were the Darkubes just Bug Blocks from coded? How the heck would those have got out here?

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Sanctuary
    So anyway what I gathered from the ending/secret movie of KH3
    So Sora gets lost between dimensions saving Kairi after Xehanhort separates her heart from her body(again), Riku goes searching for him and they seem to both be in some dimension where this weird Noctis/Sora hybrid whose dressed like Riku is the protagionist?

Also Xigbar is planning some shit and actually a big deal.

Conclusion...I have no idea what KH4 is even gonna be about.

Dragkonias on
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So Sora gets lost between dimensions saving Kairi after Xehanhort separates her heart from her body(again), Riku goes searching for him and they seem to both be in some dimension where this weird Noctis/Sora hybrid whose dressed like Riku is the protagionist?

Dragkonias wrote: »

almost - seems like sora and riku are in different worlds (sora in TWEWY world, shibuya, and Riku in the toy story video game place)

Sanctuary
    Enlong wrote: »
    San Fransokyo
    wait a sec. Were the Darkubes just Bug Blocks from coded? How the heck would those have got out here?
    there's no reason to believe they aren't the microbots that hiro mentioned, i thought?

Enlong wrote: »
    San Fransokyo
    there's no reason to believe they aren't the microbots that hiro mentioned, i thought?
    Hiro says they aren't the microbots when you first have a (hopeless) fight against the Darkubes.