As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh jeez, when she starts chewing

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Reminds me, did y'all know Malk is now a thing and not just a Simspons joke?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    that doesn't have any vitamin r

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    This feels very appropriate for this forum.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh my...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    further proof that all white people look alike

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I would like to try chunky milk. It looks nice.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My friend who is hate-watching Elementary has now got to season 4. He's still complaining.

This is going better than I could have ever imagined.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Always hatewatch responsibly. Hatebinging can result in severe heart conditions or spontaneous aneurismns.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I don't know which one is which.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Marathoned the rest of Russian Doll, what a rollercoaster
    That went in some really dark directions, but it largely worked. People vanishing was spooky enough, but things in the world joining them was pretty haunting.

I'm of two minds on the ending. It's ultimately a happy one, with Nadia and Alan helping their counterparts out, but its a little sad that they split off into alternate timelines, and I don't currently understand the internal logic of that twist. Was it the cosmos saying "No, you can't rely on the other person's time-travel-proof memory for an easy fix at the deli, put in the hard yards to save them"?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That's how I took it, yeah.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Me, watching King of the Hill for the first time: "I can't believe Peggy is so mean to Bill all the time."

Me, watching King of the Hill now: "Peggy is a literal saint for not murdering Bill."

I guess that's personal growth.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Me, watching King of the Hill for the first time: "I can't believe Peggy is so mean to Bill all the time."

Me, watching King of the Hill now: "Peggy is a literal saint for not murdering Bill."

Bill's depression is basically the only thing keeping him from being a complete monster, as can be seen by how whenever he has a modicum of confidence he turns into a sexual predator.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Bill's depression is basically the only thing keeping him from being a complete monster, as can be seen by how whenever he has a modicum of confidence he turns into a sexual predator.

Given his history of being abused the fact that Bill was ever a decent person is amazing

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I really wish they had stuck with the bill/reverend stroup relationship, that seemed like a good match

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bill cant be happy or he is no longer funny.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I expect that's what the writers thought

I think there's enough to the character that he would have been fine

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I really wish they had stuck with the bill/reverend stroup relationship, that seemed like a good match

Bill + Laoma 4 Ever

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I expect that's what the writers thought

I think there's enough to the character that he would have been fine

I think they could have done a lot with "Bill gets his shit together" but once they decided they didn't want to advance the plot at all that was never going to happen.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So after concluding my Xena: Warrior Princess episodic updates on Facebook, I set up a poll yesterday for folks to vote on which show I will, in a similar manner, do next. The two options given were Hercules: the Legendary Journeys vs. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

A day later and Lois & Clark is dominating that poll.

It is very likely that I will be watching four seasons of the best live-action Superman.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    To the best of my knowledge, @Rorshach Kringle did not overtly request this show.

I am still choosing to blame him.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They pulled that show out of the dankest corner of his brain.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I had to re-read that three times to be sure it had nothing to do with Orphan Black.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    no i asked for it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone watched any of that Nightflyers show?

Pretty sure I’m gonna have nightmares for a while, it was a very intense ride

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Dixon wrote: »
    Has anyone watched any of that Nightflyers show?

Pretty sure I’m gonna have nightmares for a while, it was a very intense ride

It was alright. The direction the last three episodes went kinda took a lot of my love out, but I'd definitely still watch a second season if it happens

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Russian dolls is groundhog day but starring natasha lyonne doing spider jerusalem and I am here for it

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZHMbh_GTkY

Nicolas Winding Refn's Amazon show Too Old To Die Young is confirmed for 10 90 minute episodes

Miles Teller stars as a grieving cop forced to investigate LA’s criminal underworld, which includes working-class hit men, Yakuza soldiers, cartel assassins sent from Mexico, and Russian mafia captains
    Cast also includes Billy Baldwin, Jena Malone, John Hawkes, Callie Hernandez, and August Aguilera
    Score provided by regular Refn collaborator Cliff Martinez

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    We started watching Killing Eve and y’all weren’t kidding, half this show is Hitman as hell

Also Russian Handler Man has already morphed into Frank Langella in my head

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I finished Killing Eve tonight. It was real good.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZHMbh_GTkY

Nicolas Winding Refn's Amazon show Too Old To Die Young is confirmed for 10 90 minute episodes

Miles Teller stars as a grieving cop forced to investigate LA’s criminal underworld, which includes working-class hit men, Yakuza soldiers, cartel assassins sent from Mexico, and Russian mafia captains
    Cast also includes Billy Baldwin, Jena Malone, John Hawkes, Callie Hernandez, and August Aguilera
    Score provided by regular Refn collaborator Cliff Martinez
    Also written by Ed Brubaker who is a very good writer and also especially good at crime noir

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that could very well be very good but there's no way in hell I'm watching a show with 90 minute episodes

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I won't binge a show with 90 minute episodes but as long as they're good I will watch it at some pace

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I am 100 percent behind this it only to listen to more clif Martinez

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    90 minutes a week of Billy Baldwin? Where do I sign?!

• Options
    I barely want to watch hour long shows!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    You know what else had 90 minute episodes was Sherlock

Which is a bad show, but don't pretend you didn't watch it

• Options
    I mean I won't pretend I didn't watch Sherlock because I absolutely didn't watch Sherlock? I'd say most people didn't!

This discussion has been closed.