As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

podcast thread

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Oh, you think it's humid? Earlier today I was swimming in the ocean.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I worked with a guy who wouldn't change from shorts to trousers until the temperature hit 0c. Not even like as a toxic masculinity thing. He just didn't see the point.

I was like that until my mid thirties. Now its around 10C that the switch happens. as long as my torso is warm I'm all good.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    First year teaching in China, myself and some colleagues took the train up to Inner Mongolia for a holiday. While waiting in some line at the station, one of my students spots me and says hi.

She then realizes I’m wearing a T-shirt in fairly cold weather while she’s still wearing her coat, and asks “Aren’t you cold?”

I say “No, I’m Canadian.”

I’ll never forget the jaw-drop look she gave me. Still makes me laugh.

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bay area Californians whine about perfectly fine weather all the time.

yeah I love the bay area climate it's the best in the WORLD

but as a result everyone from there is terrified of temperatures over 90f or below 40f

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Bay area Californians whine about perfectly fine weather all the time.

yeah I love the bay area climate it's the best in the WORLD

but as a result everyone from there is terrified of temperatures over 90f or below 40f

All the worst temperatures are outside those ranges!

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    hey mr. g what are some of your fave reply alls? who are your alls

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    A rule for any cold climate is there must always be a shorts guy

Always

And based on my high school and university classes, that guy will always default to basketball shorts in -30 degree weather and somehow not get frostbite

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Probably unsurprisingly, I don’t think I own shorts

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Oh I see people in this thread know my friend Ben.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The shorts guy I was friends with in college was also a Ben!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    There is no dignity in short pants

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    The shorts guy I was friends with in college was also a Ben!

Yeah it really sounds like there's only one "cold-weather shorts Ben". He gets around a lot.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Lmao at Jeff on the bombcast talking about 55 degrees being cold.

Oh wow, from the way he was talking about it I figured that it was way colder than it was.

I was listening to it while walking outside in... ~3ish degrees Fahrenheit, I guess? I honestly don't understand that system.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Oh wow, from the way he was talking about it I figured that it was way colder than it was.

I was listening to it while walking outside in... ~3ish degrees Fahrenheit, I guess? I honestly don't understand that system.

Just remember below 0 is really cold and above 100 is really hot and you're good.

Most folks are most comfy somewhere between 62 and 75.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I think people who make fun of other people for being too hot or too cold might just be assholes no matter the weather

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am the weirdo who doesn’t like wearing shorts.

Partly because nobody wants to see my pasty legs (myself included) and partly because I have no idea what kind of shorts look good to even buy anyway.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    That's putting it lightly.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-30/far-from-perfect-fans-recount-unwanted-affection-from-voice-actor-vic-mignogna/.142212

First three paragraphs are behind the spoiler and only explain what he did in the broad sense. More detailed stories are in the article.
    Every year, hundreds of thousands of anime fans flock to conventions, whether it's their mid-sized local con or planning a trek to Anime Expo. The reasons are just as varied as the attendees: some will spend early morning hours assembling racks and decoration for their artist alley booth, some will perfect their make-up and glue for the cosplay masquerade, and others will hop from fan panel to fan panel to learn about dubs lost to time or obscure appearances of hamburgers in anime.

For many, conventions are a weekend of fandom and freedom. Parents can drop off a small group of friends, assured that they'll get their coveted autographs and UFO catcher plushies. It's a place to laugh loudly, be unabashedly nerdy, and interact with the creators and actors in what's assumed as a safe environment. Adults and kids alike are there to check off their "must-sees" but while everyone is running off to the next panel or cosplay meet-up, who is making sure the star-struck, awkward teens are engaging with guests appropriately and vice versa? Where is the line for appropriate guest and attendee behavior and what should be done when it's crossed?

These questions came to the forefront of social media these last weeks as rumors about convention guests and staff interactions with minors stopped being whispered and instead were shouted. A Twitter thread posted on January 16 accused dub voice actor Vic Mignogna of homophobia, rude behavior, and most concerning, making unwanted physical advances on female con-goers. The thread quickly spread with over 4,000 retweets at the time of this writing and over 400 comments, many relaying their own negative experiences, including unwanted and unsolicited physical affection from the Fullmetal Alchemist voice actor. As with any claims involving a person with a moderate fan following, Mignogna's supporters were quick to attempt to discredit individuals' claims or at the very least dispute the voice actor's intentions behind kissing or hugging attendees unannounced.
    Update on this:

Funimation has fired Vic Mignogna from Morose Mononokean (a show I have never heard of). I have to imagine his other roles such as Broly are also done because firing him from one show but keeping his big roles is such a disaster of a response that I would hope they would know better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Good.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Broly has like three lines recast Broly

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular

To be fair, he was saying it was ~54 in the house, which is pretty cold for just waking up in your underwear!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

To be fair, he was saying it was ~54 in the house, which is pretty cold for just waking up in your underwear!

Yeah 54 degrees as an indoor temperature is not good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I dunno I think 55 degrees is good tee-shirt weather, I'd wear shorts there too but I don't like shorts.

75 is a little warm for me though. You get much higher than that and I get uncomfortable very fast. Like 85 and I nope out back into my ac.

I usually leave my jacket off if it gets to about 48 or 52. And I never wear long sleeve shirts.

Really though everyone should make fun of me. My comfortable temperature range goes from like 45 degrees to like 65 or 70. It's a very narrow window.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

I mean, I get why he wanted to get the heating system working, 10C is pretty chilly when you get out of the warmth of your bed

It's just that from the way he was talking about it I thought it was, I dunno, below freezing or something

You really don't want indoor temperatures to get below freezing, it fucks up the plumbing something fierce

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im dying at the beginning of this Bombcast

“It was 55 degrees in my house!!!!”
    “Oh my god could you see your breathe???”

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I let my house get down to 10C which is why I wear a Victorian sleeping gown and slippers and nightcap to bed

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Meanwhile in the midwest

I have gone from -40 to 40 back down to 0 in the span of 4 days

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    If the temperature inside your home is swinging from -40 to 40 you should install doors and windows or find a thicker hollow tree to sleep in

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Last week wasn't the first time that I've been snowed in on one day and having to hit on the ac just a few later.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    maybe humans acclimate to the average whether they are exposed to

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    maybe humans acclimate to the average whether they are exposed to

sure if you don't want to make hilarious jokes about how other people's weather is terrifying/adorable, I guess

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Twenty years ago I acclimated to the average weather of SW Nova Scotia by becoming a dead body that lurches around

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    well that's Resident Evil 7 done and dusted
    I want to play RE2 now but I think I need some kind of buffer between the two

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I do feel kind of bad that I apparently cursed the Pacific Northwest with typical South Dakota winter weather when I left.

Like, we don't even like the sustained cold and snow, I definitely don't want to inflict that on others (well other than Molly who adores the snow)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    My (north of) Toronto home has gone from -40c, to +14c, to -15c in about 4 days

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    well that's Resident Evil 7 done and dusted
    I want to play RE2 now but I think I need some kind of buffer between the two

Don't worry, there are tons of other Resident Evil games you could use for that

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    the cool (heh) thing about -40 is you don't even have to specify which scale you're in!

It's awful in both!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    the cool (heh) thing about -40 is you don't even have to specify which scale you're in!

It's awful in both!

It's really good for me because I don't know how any of your weird America temperatures work but I have a good standby for "how cold is it in QC"

• Options
    -40 is the universally agreed upon "way too fucking cold" temperature

shut up Kelvin nerds, I know that's not even possible for you, GOD

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I think it is really neat that NetherRealms localizes Sub-Zero to Sub-ThirtyTwo in America.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Broly has like three lines recast Broly

Give Broly's lines to somebody from TeamFourStar, they've suffered more because of Broly than any other group of humans on the planet.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.