As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The abilities work together in interesting ways. A friend of mine threw down the energy shield and bombardment at the same time while we all hunkered down in the shield, so the ebemy team had to decide whether to go into a kill field with us or stay outside and run from bombs.

You can also use the portals Wraith makes while downed, and anyone can use them and the Zipline ultimate so there's a bit of give and take with them.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I've now played a single game of this
    • I don't feel like I'm helplessly fighting recoil which is nice
    • The environments feel very game-y but also you can tell where people are which is nice
    • I killed two people before we got rocked

Could be halfway decent

MrMonroe on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The abilities work together in interesting ways. A friend of mine threw down the energy shield and bombardment at the same time while we all hunkered down in the shield, so the ebemy team had to decide whether to go into a kill field with us or stay outside and run from bombs.

You can also use the portals Wraith makes while downed, and anyone can use them and the Zipline ultimate so there's a bit of give and take with them.

There's also a really strong synergy between Bangalore popping smoke on an enemy position and Bloodhound using their ultimate to highlight enemies in red

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I won a game of this last night

So that means it's good

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I gotta admit, there was something badass about watching Giant Bomb playing, and their first drop they landed on the dropship.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I gotta admit, there was something badass about watching Giant Bomb playing, and their first drop they landed on the dropship.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna try that next time I'm jumpleader.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    My Origin name is jasconius87

im a very nice man who will always revive you

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh, for those curious, it seems like you gain Legend Funds or whatever they're called at a pretty decent rate. You need 12,000 per character unlock, and after 4-5 hours I was already a third of the way there.

I'm sure it'll slow down as your level goes up, but it seems alright for the time being.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    When I started playing yesterday there was both text and voice chat in the main menu. Then voice chat seemed to stop working and now the text chat appears to have disappeared too. Chat still works when actually in a match, but it seems odd.

Anyway, I won a game.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Downloading this now for the XB1 if anyone there tonight needs some help.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have played three matches of this and got completely blasted in each one

Oh this time I did ok
    mpd6redeho57.jpg

Zipline flanks are so much fun

Steam ID
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh this game rules, man there's so many smart design decisions going on here

if you can detatch from the angle of "what if Titanfall was 100 players" and instead approach it from "what if Respawn made a PUBG" it's really very good at what it does

6F32U1X.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    ue9sln8qpp6g.jpg

Come at the champs you best not miss.
    More than once. Because I miss constantly.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I have the same problem in this game I do in all the EA games which is that if you have slight internet problems the connection is complete shit. The game seems fun, and hopefully its just really laggy because it's new and getting hammered, but I was having the same problem in TF2 a day or two ago so I don't think that's it.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    For those with weaksauce PCs, how does this game run on lower settings relative to PUBG or Fortnite? I can usually get consistent 1080p frames in Fortnite but PUBG less so

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    It runs ok on my 760 but it looks bad.
    And worse, the lower settings make it much harder to see enemies. The difference between my PS4pro and PC is significant.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I think I'm starting to dig bloodhound.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Gg Las and Beef. This is much more fun with forum people. I am liking mirage a bunch. His decoy is very useful.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

im up for a few games now if anyone's around. i haven't played a BR since early PUBG its gonna be mad rusty

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to try out other legends then Lifeline in training or is that locked to her?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Don’t believe so.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    That's a bit of a weird choice

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    thanks for playing fellas

man i... do not know what i'm doing wrong but am just not finding my mojo in this game. tbh i have no idea what the issue is. feels like I'm walking with concrete boots on or something

Anyone else on ps4 want to get some games in this weekend?

I love my rope swinging robot son

Steam ID
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Just played my first match...and won? That can't be right. This game seems pretty fun actually.

Ropebot is pretty neat.

captaindino on PSN if anyone wants to add me

Edit: okay second match, eliminated in under a minute. That's more like it.

hatedinamerica on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I kinda like the idea of customizing what stats you show on your player card? Its like.. I'm gonna prioritize that I'm THIS kind of a badass.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

ended up winning a game solo after both teammates immediately dropped. mostly just stayed back with the wall, slowly coming in using my grappling hook to get into good hiding places

the end of the game featured me riding a line across the sky of the tiny circle to the top of a rock spire that was impossible to get to without using the line. and then I threw grenades into the building below to get the win and my first two kills ever

this is a fun game

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    this shit is my jam. respawn is 3 for 3 in releasing excellent video games. for a good time call "the cheat32" on xbox.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    So uh.. This game really is fun. Enjoy it far more than pubg or fortnite, which never really caught my attention.

I'm still pretty disappointed that TF3 got canned, but this game is good, and so damn polished for an f2p launch

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Played a round last night, and it definitely feels like a polished experience. Running, gunning, etc just felt right. Even without wall runs, you still feel like you got good mobility thanks to the slide.

The ping thing is genius.

Battle royale games may not be for me though. Felt like I was just picking up whatever equipment I found (and there were tons of boxes) and wandering around forever with nothing to do.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I just got carried to victory by a monster that got 16 kills. Meanwhile I got 2. I did do almost as much damage as the other guy with 6 kills.

I feel like I fuck up and die really fast any time I'm in the champion squad.

Peewi on
    qowaqyauo8wa.jpg

Made it to number 2 here. My teammate could have waited to attack at the end and we might have done better since I only had a g7 with any ammo.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I really like the in-game scoreboards littered around the map. They’re a small touch but they do make it feel like a televised deathmatch where other games hardly bother with even that level of narrative trapping.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I really like the in-game scoreboards littered around the map. They’re a small touch but they do make it feel like a televised deathmatch where other games hardly bother with even that level of narrative trapping.

It's also clever as it allows you to show off your cosmetics even more.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Time for Monday Night Combat BR

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My only complaint with those is that it took me a while to realize that's also where the ring announcements were coming from, so every time one of those started up I thought it was something happening. It's a nice touch it just threw me off the first couple times.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So now ea and respawn are saying something Titanfall related is coming out this year, but it's something kind of different?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg