As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX EAST 2019 HOTELS LIVE

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    falkness wrote: »
    You might have to wait until the hotel gets the reservations and you will have to call them. If not, then ask at check in. You may even get a free upgrade. I did at the Element last year when my preferred bed type was sold out online.
    I'll definitely try that when they go through. I'd prefer not to leave the convention to switch rooms.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    falkness wrote: »
    You might have to wait until the hotel gets the reservations and you will have to call them. If not, then ask at check in. You may even get a free upgrade. I did at the Element last year when my preferred bed type was sold out online.
    I'll definitely try that when they go through. I'd prefer not to leave the convention to switch rooms.

They will likely be able to handle it for you, but if worse comes to worse, you can leave your bags with the front desk in the morning and pick them up/check in to the new room when you return from the con, shouldn't have to leave the con to switch rooms either way!

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out how to cancel a reservation on this site? I can't seem to figure it out. Do you need to call them to cancel?

• Options
    lauren0rzlauren0rz Registered User regular
    sfford2008 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to cancel a reservation on this site? I can't seem to figure it out. Do you need to call them to cancel?

After you click Manage Existing Reservation and put in your #/name, it should bring you to your reservation info where there's a Modify (red) and a Cancel (gray) button.

qtjvjrS.png
  • Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    lauren0rz wrote: »
    sfford2008 wrote: »

After you click Manage Existing Reservation and put in your #/name, it should bring you to your reservation info where there's a Modify (red) and a Cancel (gray) button.

Thanks feels like a silly question now that I see it...

• Options
    imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    westin has king bed open for thurs-sunday

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    westin has king bed open for thurs-sunday

Just added a coveted Sunday night Westin to my reservation to complete the five day extravaganza.

Two more months, ladies and gents!

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    3ricG3ricG New Jersey/PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    I booked a room at the Hilton Downtown, but it looks like they changed the room from a Quad to a standard king... guess we'll have to have people sleeping on the floor.... Not sure if I did something wrong with the new booking system, or if something else is up. For the past 8 years I booked quads, and it looks like I somehow managed to botch this year, or something else went wrong :(

rd4rhJL.png
  • Options
    imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    Thursday - Sunday King bed at westin available

Wednesday - Thursday at the aloft is available

• Options
    LejicLejic Registered User regular
    I've only been to East once before, stayed at Westin. This time I have reservation for Aloft for half, Westin for the second (PAX) half of the week... People with experience at either, do you think Westin is worth the trouble of having to check out and in?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I've stayed at the Westin for the past 4-5 years for PAX. THe convenience alone is worth it. Being able to walk the skybridge to go back to my room, Grab a drink, a snack, use a bathroom in peace, ability to run merch back and be back and not carry it around. That alone makes me hunt for it year after year. I've spent time in Aloft in friends' rooms too, they are nice, but when that wind chill is as bad as it was the year before last, I'd rather be connected directly.

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I've stayed at the Westin for the past 4-5 years for PAX. THe convenience alone is worth it. Being able to walk the skybridge to go back to my room, Grab a drink, a snack, use a bathroom in peace, ability to run merch back and be back and not carry it around. That alone makes me hunt for it year after year. I've spent time in Aloft in friends' rooms too, they are nice, but when that wind chill is as bad as it was the year before last, I'd rather be connected directly.

We've done both, but the Aloft was amazing last year for our group, and honestly worked better with the kids noise and crowd wise. It was close enough to easily walk to, but also felt separated enough. The Westin is always sooo busy. Getting a cab or an uber is hell. Honeslty, my favorite hotel in the area is the Renn, but its just so far to walk with kids in the cold. But the convenience to the food is stellar. I hate the seaport, but Ill save that rant for another time lol.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    My favorite is the Seaport, in large part because it is right next to the T and a very short walk from the BCEC. Westin's skybridge is a killer feature, but in my recollection the rooms are small and the wi-fi is very slow. Renaissance is nice, albeit a bit more of a walk than you really want from a near-con hotel. No experience with Aloft or Element but seems like people certainly like them well enough.

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Aloft Element is always my first choice. New rooms, free wifi, directly across the street from the BCEC side doors, BREAKFAST. This year my group ended up doing Element Aloft, and given the hotel mess frankly I'm grateful even that happened. No breakfast, but the other benefits are real.

The Westin skybridge is nice but the time when you need it the most -- first thing in the morning -- is also when it's closed to regular traffic (they'll let medical and special badges through, though). So you're stuck going through the front entrance madness with everybody else, and even when the skybridge is open it can get pretty backed up.

With that said, as a photographer, being able to go to the room and pick up / drop off my gear in the middle of the day without ever going outside or crossing a street is pretty darn nice. Good for dropping off purchases too instead of carrying them around because you don't want to take the 15 or 20 minutes to leave, go outside, go to the hotel, and go back through security (instead, maybe more like 5 or 10, depending on the line and elevator times, but none of that time is spent outside). That might be worth a smaller, older room and no/slow wifi.

(EDIT: Oops, mixed 'em up. The Element is the one with the breakfast. Aloft is still pretty great though!)

ilta on
  • Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    Aloft is always my first choice. New rooms, free wifi, directly across the street from the BCEC side doors, BREAKFAST. This year my group ended up doing Element, and given the hotel mess frankly I'm grateful even that happened. No breakfast, but the other benefits are real.
    Aloft has breakfast!? How did i miss this?

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    it's a little buried, but it was in the "amenities" when OnPeak ran things. As I recall, there's an omelette station and everything.

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    it's a little buried, but it was in the "amenities" when OnPeak ran things. As I recall, there's an omelette station and everything.

I think you're confusing it with the Element, the Aloft doesn't offer hot food and just has the convenience store.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options

I think you're confusing it with the Element, the Aloft doesn't offer hot food and just has the convenience store.

oh, shoot, you are right. The Element has hot food, and the Aloft is what I got. I'll fix my original post.

• Options
    misterjeffmisterjeff Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    If anyone can't keep their reservation at the Westin, send me a message. I'm looking for something a bit closer.

Edit: I managed to get my hands on a room. Thanks, though!

misterjeff on
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! :) I also got to learn about Aloft not having any warm food - good to know!

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Lejic wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the input! :) I also got to learn about Aloft not having any warm food - good to know!

They do have a small frozen food section and a microwave if that's your thing but I just meant they don't have a continental breakfast or restaurant.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    Got a Westin & Element, so dropping a Wed-Sun at the Renaissance right now if anyone wants to nab it.

yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    argh - almost there - now have 27th at Element and 28-1 at Westin. If anyone frees up a 27th at Westin feel free to ping me. Once that happens I will be freeing up a full stint of the 27-1 at Renaissance. This is the worst part of PAX planning and I run this gauntlet every year LOL.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options
    casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Jer1ch0 wrote: »
    argh - almost there - now have 27th at Element and 28-1 at Westin. If anyone frees up a 27th at Westin feel free to ping me. Once that happens I will be freeing up a full stint of the 27-1 at Renaissance. This is the worst part of PAX planning and I run this gauntlet every year LOL.

Same. Right now I have a Th-Sat at Aloft (which I haven't stayed at before). I only have Sat at the Westin, and I've been refreshing for daaaaays looking for Th/Fri. The Westin is highly-coveted for me because of the skybridge -- but the Aloft actually looks cooler in some ways, and it's still very close to the BCEC. Maybe I should just give up on the Westin. :\

• Options
    Jer1ch0 wrote: »

Same. Right now I have a Th-Sat at Aloft (which I haven't stayed at before). I only have Sat at the Westin, and I've been refreshing for daaaaays looking for Th/Fri. The Westin is highly-coveted for me because of the skybridge -- but the Aloft actually looks cooler in some ways, and it's still very close to the BCEC. Maybe I should just give up on the Westin. :\

Aloft is quite cute stayed there before - super modern rooms and close enough - but the skybridge is just so darn amazing once the days are in flight which makes Westin #1 choice to all. My second choice is element for free breakfast and nice facilities.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm skipping East this year, but how is the new site for booking and changing reservations? Onpeak was good for booking but it was kind of obtuse for changes. Trying to prepare myself for West.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    I'm skipping East this year, but how is the new site for booking and changing reservations? Onpeak was good for booking but it was kind of obtuse for changes. Trying to prepare myself for West.

If you thought Onpeak was obtuse, then I've got some bad news for you.

• Options

Seconding Marino - I actually had a decent experience with OnPeak, this has been way worse, at least for me.

• Options

It works, but no where near as convenient as Onpeak was. I've gotten used to it though with my constant refreshing, got what I needed in the end (Westin Wednesday-Sunday)

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options

It works, but no where near as convenient as Onpeak was. I've gotten used to it though with my constant refreshing, got what I needed in the end (Westin Wednesday-Sunday)

I'm still missing Westin for Friday - thinking back it makes total sense, just hadn't thought it would be a harder day to get than Saturday when I first started trying...

• Options
    misterjeffmisterjeff Registered User regular

Is just F5-ing it enough, or do you have to restart the process each time?

• Options
    misterjeff wrote: »

Is just F5-ing it enough, or do you have to restart the process each time?

I've been doing it on mobile. So you can refresh, but after a certain time it resets and you have to choose the desired dates again

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I managed to fill my ABNB, so I will be dropping my back up rooms, Yotel (queen room) 27th-31st and Westin (king room) 28th-31st. I'll be releasing them at 2pm est. Good luck for those still looking!

*released*

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    I managed to fill my ABNB, so I will be dropping my back up rooms, Yotel (queen room) 27th-31st and Westin (king room) 28th-31st. I'll be releasing them at 2pm est. Good luck for those still looking!

*released*

Darn, I was too late! Was trying to snag 29th on Westin to complete my weekend. Oh well... Thanks for the headsup!

• Options
    just released 27-1 at the renaissance if anyone wants that hotel.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• Options
    There's a Wednesday Double Bed at the Westin up.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    I just released a 2 bed double at the Renaissance from Thursday to Sunday, if folks are looking for one.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just released an Aloft 2-bed: check-in Thursday, check-out Sunday if anyone wants to nab it.

• Options
    sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Releasing two Wednesday night Westins, 1 bed if anyone's looking to add

edit: & a full weekend for Seaport

sammills on
    yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    sammills wrote: »
    Releasing two Wednesday night Westins, 1 bed if anyone's looking to add

edit: & a full weekend for Seaport

Thank you! I finally now have my full Wednesday-Sunday King Room at the Westin. Had a 2 bed for the Wednesday but had a King for all the others and been refreshing non-stop! Now I can finally stop!

zmYaVYP.png