As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Resident Evil 2]: Suffer like G did?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I didn't notice how egregious the fence flirting is until starting Leon's B run, he lingers for fucking AGES and the second the cutscene ended a zombie chomped his neck and then in a panick I staggered into a zombie doubleteam, I sat there stunned literally mouth agape

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah but it makes sense because Leon is a fuckboy. Claire doesn't really give a shit imo.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Leon is disgusting

I don't really get why you keep saying this

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Yeah but it makes sense because Leon is a fuckboy. Claire doesn't really give a shit imo.

Uhhh she is laying it on thick in that fence scene

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Leon is disgusting

I have elaborated at length!

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    In Leon A the roles are just literally reversed, with Claire playfully leaning against the fence while zombies are literally walking towards her

It's just a really weird scene

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Leon is disgusting

I have elaborated at length!

Well do it again

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I can't decide who's more unnerving between Claire and Leon and a lot of it comes down to the scene where they talk across the fence in Claire A/Leon B

Claire's dropping some really, really flirty vibes through most of the conversation in spite of the piles of dead people all around them, and Leon apparently doesn't even realize it's happening, and then when the zombies start getting up behind him Claire's like "no hold on seriously you should run" and then Leon's like "We're gonna be OK, I promise. We're gonna both make it out of here!" and Claire is so taken aback by this brazen, relentless, destructive optimism that she's physically unable to respond

These are both extremely dangerous people, for completely different reasons, and I would unironically want both on my side in a survival situation

um excuse me I think you'll find that in resident evil's universe humans reproduce asexually by budding and have no concept of romance

• Options
    • Leon is a fucking dope.
    • He spends the whole game like duh duh I'm Leon duh duh.
    • He shoots his gun to the side and when I heard that I thought it was going to be like centre axis relock or something but no he just fucking holds it gangsta style because he thinks it's cool.
    • He falls instantly in love with both of the women he meets in the game, which tells me that he definitely does this all the time and that there are dozens of women who can't fucking get rid of Leon Kennedy because they were accidentally polite to him once and now he thinks they're dating.
    • He is a little toilet boy.
    • He has a child's haircut.
    • He doesn't understand instantly that Ada Wong is not on the level. She is not subtle. She is clearly not on the level but he's all duh duh lookit the pretty lady.
    • His entire plot is "rescue the princess and get her the thing she wants and maybe she'll let me bang her.
    • He thinks he's even playing the same game as Ada which, wow. Like he thinks they'll be a couple. What does that look like Leon. Like she's going to be all "I had a good day being a badass at the FBI" and you'll be like "I accidentally cut myself tying my shoes and it turns out my blood is piss." What are you bringing to that relationship, Leon? Nothing, but you think you're entitled to her because you're some dude.
    • He's literally a cop.

• Options
    Leon is patently packed with piss

• Options
    Before anyone corrects me I know Ada doesn't work at the FBI but Leon doesn't because he's stupid.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tube you should do a lets play of Leon B for childplay and just shit on him the whole time

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    AOC joins the stream to confirm that Leon is packed with piss

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Can we crowdfund a Tube playthrough of RE4 so we can just hear Tube dunk on Leon throughout

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I'm kind of curious about the timeline of events. Leon was driving to work in the middle of night for his first day, despite having been called and told not to come in (though not told why he shouldn't come in?).

The outbreak has obviously been going on for more than a day at least, but is still not wildly reported and radio reports are treated as jokes.

The outbreak started because of...(20 year old spoilers)...
    Birkin getting shot and injecting himself with G-Virus, ultimately causing the T-Virus to get smashed and spread by rats. Birkin instantly mutates into his G1 form, and then apparently hangs out in that form for a few days while the outbreak gets going and doesn't mutate further or do anything until he meets Leon/Claire, at which point he mutates through five different forms in a matter of hours.

I can only assume Birkin passed out for a few days after dismantling Hunk's team...but wait, doesn't that also mean Hunk hung around in the sewer for a few days before escaping?

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    • Leon is a fucking dope.
    • He spends the whole game like duh duh I'm Leon duh duh.
    • He shoots his gun to the side and when I heard that I thought it was going to be like centre axis relock or something but no he just fucking holds it gangsta style because he thinks it's cool.
    • He falls instantly in love with both of the women he meets in the game, which tells me that he definitely does this all the time and that there are dozens of women who can't fucking get rid of Leon Kennedy because they were accidentally polite to him once and now he thinks they're dating.
    • He is a little toilet boy.
    • He has a child's haircut.
    • He doesn't understand instantly that Ada Wong is not on the level. She is not subtle. She is clearly not on the level but he's all duh duh lookit the pretty lady.
    • His entire plot is "rescue the princess and get her the thing she wants and maybe she'll let me bang her.
    • He thinks he's even playing the same game as Ada which, wow. Like he thinks they'll be a couple. What does that look like Leon. Like she's going to be all "I had a good day being a badass at the FBI" and you'll be like "I accidentally cut myself tying my shoes and it turns out my blood is piss." What are you bringing to that relationship, Leon? Nothing, but you think you're entitled to her because you're some dude.
    • He's literally a cop.

Also his first reaction to seeing a perfectly healthy looking journalist locked up in the precinct's jail asking to be let out is "let me ask the chief first". Zombie apocalypse Leon! Priorities!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Well in the original dude locked himself up.

• Options
    I will say the guy who drops Birkin really gets shit on unecessarily, like gee whiz boss I guess I'll just let the next guy pull his piece and shoot us all in the guts

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I will say the guy who drops Birkin really gets shit on unecessarily, like gee whiz boss I guess I'll just let the next guy pull his piece and shoot us all in the guts

Honestly this could all have been avoided if the other guys joined in

• Options
    I think Birkin was already juicing on the Wesker superhuman virus so he was able to survive but would have died without G.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    I'm kind of curious about the timeline of events. Leon was driving to work in the middle of night for his first day, despite having been called and told not to come in (though not told why he shouldn't come in?).

The outbreak has obviously been going on for more than a day at least, but is still not wildly reported and radio reports are treated as jokes.

Birkin getting shot and injecting himself with G-Virus, ultimately causing the T-Virus to get smashed and spread by rats. Birkin instantly mutates into his G1 form, and then apparently hangs out in that form for a few days while the outbreak gets going and doesn't mutate further or do anything until he meets Leon/Claire, at which point he mutates through five different forms in a matter of hours.

I can only assume Birkin passed out for a few days after dismantling Hunk's team...but wait, doesn't that also mean Hunk hung around in the sewer for a few days before escaping?

In the original game, IIRC, Leon went on a bender after getting dumped and just didn't show up to his first day

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »

In the original game, IIRC, Leon went on a bender after getting dumped and just didn't show up to his first day

This explains SO MUCH.

Transporter on
  • Options
    In this, Leon got told not to come in and waited for a while and then went to investigate.

re: Birkin, I figured he was evolving in response to the damage he was taking in those fights rather than on a fixed timeline

• Options
    Leon was told to stay away, but honestly he was moving to a new city for a new job, so it was very likely that he had moved out of his old place and didn't have an income for that time period, so at some point you kind of need to figure out whether or not you're homeless.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think they probably wanted Leon to seem like less of a fuckup, and also to make it seem like more time had passed

But him getting blackout drunk over a girl and missing an entire day of work fits so much better

• Options
    In this, Leon got told not to come in and waited for a while and then went to investigate.

re: Birkin, I figured he was evolving in response to the damage he was taking in those fights rather than on a fixed timeline

That was what I thought too. The G Virus is explicitly different from the T in that the G virus is capable of regenerating dead tissue, so it seemed like each mutation, including the first, was a result of his body repairing the dead tissue/cells

• Options
    Hey you know what Claire and Leon could have done once they found that gas station filled with zombies

Driven the other way

• Options
    Hey you know what Claire and Leon could have done once they found that gas station filled with zombies

Driven the other way

Honestly, Leon might've if it weren't for Claire. She was going into the city either way to try and find Chris, and Leon spends enough of the game in 'I will protect you, person who happens to be in close proximity!' mode that he would never let her go alone. If he had just been there by himself, he may have just said fuck it and try to call in the cavalry from a safe space.

• Options
    Leon thought he was going to get laid

• Options

Driven the other way

That cop car also had a radio. Presumably that Sherrif came from somewhere not hit yet.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm throwing a yellow card on that one; Leon doesn't even recognize that Claire is coming on to him because he's in full-on "gotta be good police" mode

It's also possible that he was like this because by that point, Ada was already in his 4-mile radius

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I don't think Claire is coming onto him. HARD DISAGREE I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT. She's just like "oh good that guy who is the only other alive guy I know other than Marvin who will be dead soon is still alive".

• Options
    According to the wiki, Hunk's team attacked Birkin and started this whole mess on the night of September 22nd and Leon and Claire didn't enter Raccoon City until the night of September 29th.

But apparently Birkin had already been releasing the T-Virus around the city to screw over Umbrella, and Hunk's team was sent after him as a response to this. I don't think there's anything about this in the Remake, but apparently the hospital was already trying to treat what ultimately turn out to be zombies as early as September 10th.

It doesn't mention what Birkin did between the 22nd and the 29th other than look around for food and try to reproduce. I also guess he didn't get into any fights that would hurt him during that entire period since he didn't mutate again.

I'm guessing Umbrella owned a lot of higher-up people in Raccoon City (aside from the Police Chief) so they could keep a lid on the whole zombie apocalypse thing until it could ultimately be nuked? Or maybe that's why Irons had kidnapped the Mayor's Daughter or whatever the fuck he was doing there?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    If Marvin was still alive he might have been like "Leon you need to be careful about how you talk to people while you're on duty, anything you say is read according to the power that you have as a police officer and you can coerce people without even realizing you're doing it. You have to be mindful both of yourself and of the people around you as a function of the authority they've invested in you, otherwise you are going to hurt someone very badly"

And Leon would be like "wait, what"

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I really like what they did with Marvin in this one. Especially since they gave him different lines depending on if he's dealing with a rookie cop or a civilian. His voice actor also did a great job, and he had one of the better facial animations for subtle expressions and such (though not as good as Claire's facial animations).

I hope he gets added in a later release of Ghost Survivors.

• Options
    Marvin owns

• Options
    Speaking of Marvin what does everybody think, self-terminate or just go with becoming a zombie

• Options
    Leon plays acoustic guitar at parties

His favourite song is Hey There, Delilah which he first heard on an episode of Scrubs

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Speaking of Marvin what does everybody think, self-terminate or just go with becoming a zombie

SilverWind and I have a standing agreement that if one of us is infected then the other absolutely has to put them down with extreme prejudice, and failing that then the infected person has to take care of it themselves

There will be no shambling

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Leon plays acoustic guitar at parties

His favourite song is Hey There, Delilah which he first heard on an episode of Scrubs

fuck, that's harsh man

ouxsemmi8rm9.png