As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Text field covered by keyboard on mobile

VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam baminaRegistered User regular
I’ve noticed the text field of a thread no longer shifts to accommodate the keyboard popping up, and ends up getting covered, which makes it hard to see what you’re typing.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i have this same problem using chrome on mobile

firefox works fine though so i was figuring it was a chrome thing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Same thing for me

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Also having this issue, only started recently

Beasteh on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just to clarify, you can scroll down right? The problem is the page isn't jumping down?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you can scroll down right? The problem is the page isn't jumping down?

No, you cannot scroll down, which is really the change, I think. I am no longer able to view the text box at all on mobile Chrome without closing the keyboard.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »

they keyboard pops up over the text box and the only ways to see it are closing the keyboard or hitting return enough times that you have enough white space in the text box to scroll it above the keyboard

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Using mobile chrome the keyboard pops up over the text entry box, but I can scroll the page up to see the box.

If it makes a difference, note 8 using Gboard.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Using mobile chrome the keyboard pops up over the text entry box, but I can scroll the page up to see the box.

chrome on my iphone i cannot see the text box at all unless i add enough white space to move the box above the keyboard

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah it’s mostly unusable on mobile right now

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Yeah it’s mostly unusable on mobile right now

That strategy of "hit Enter a bunch of times until you have enough whitespace to see the text box" has been working pretty OK for me, as obnoxious as it is. So, thanks to Chanus for mentioning that!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    I switched to safari for my posting needs and it seems to work fine there.

i’ve only noticed it in chrome

it’s totally fine in firefox for me

This appears isolated to chrome and is going to take some doing. We're not deploying anymore today so we'll hopefully fix this next week.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

It's like that for me on some threads, but the text entry box still pops up the way it should on others. LG V30, Android 8, Chrome 71 using the LG keyboard.

Is it a Chrome 72 thing?

Odd that two noticeable issues hit mobile in such quick succession and I've experienced neither. Really weird.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It works fine for me on Chrome 71.0.3578.99 on OxygenOS.

• Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    At least for me in this thread, Chrome 72.0.3626.96, Android 5.1.1, causes no problems. Jumps up properly, can scroll further down. Haven't tried many other threads, though.
    [Edit] Also Gboard.

Ark Evensong on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    This works again for me now! Thanks @Iruka :+1:

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Fixed here too.

We looked into this and actually didn't do anything, it was a chrome issue completely.

If anyone is still experiencing it, they should probably update.