As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

this trade is very, very bad. it's probably better than the butler trade but that trade was awful. if they hadn't made the butler trade and just made this one at least i could see the theory, but after making that mistake of a deal you can't realistically resign both of them, and now you've trading away the picks you would use to get depth on a capped out team even if you don't.

elton brand has not impressed me in the slightest as a gm and god i wish hinkie was still around. sweeping away all the future assets and a rookie you're paying nothing currently shooting 40% from 3 when your two young all stars are both younger than 25 for 2 rentals (1 basically assured ) is such bad GMing that it makes me sick. and all this while the warriors lurk in the west so even if somehow the sixers put all these good but not great pieces together in 2 months, the best case scenario is you get absolutely dumpstered in the finals.

great job everyone.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I feel like the Sixers are being punished by the league or something for announcing The Process so blatantly. Like, Nate Silver is just pulling strings to make sure that the franchise never reaps anything positive from Hinkie's tenure and they are forced to burn it all to the ground and start over again.

like, the sixers problem all year has been depth. the starters have been good all year. once the bench comes in it's time to lose 15 points of lead.

elton's out here making moves like embiid and simmons are 31 years old or some shit and the league doesn't have like 5 teams better than the sixers even after this deal. i'm sure it's ownership saying win now, who cares about the future. rumors are they want to sell or take the team to new jersey anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    2021 is the year that people are expecting the college rule to be eliminated right? So that unprotected pick is doubly valuable even if it ends up in the 10-20 range.

Kelor wrote: »
    2021 is the year that people are expecting the college rule to be eliminated right? So that unprotected pick is doubly valuable even if it ends up in the 10-20 range.

People thought that but I believe the nba said 2022 at the earliest last summer

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Regardless, that's a ridiculous haul (for the Clippers) while for the Sixers it's an all-in move that destroys their team's depth. The Sixers still don't look like the team to beat in the East, and it's not like they're going to win against the teams in the West, let alone the Warriors.

Inquisitor77 on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    The sixers got Boban so it’s by definition a great trade

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm not one to say a player as great as Lebron can ever really taint his legacy on the game but so far... The Lakers signing has been AWFUL for him in just about every way.

I know this isn't a 1 year plan and if they manage to get an Anthony Davis I'm sure the narrative will cha ge but right now... Woof.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    lc6qol8b447g.jpeg

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ah, good for Tobias Harris to get a lot of time playing on the east coast before becoming a Knick

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Sixers plan to sign all of Harris, Butler, Simmons, and Embiid to long term deals is there report I've read

That team is very good but it leaves little flexibility

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    so including Redick the Sixers are a superteam now

Xehalus on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    so including Redick the Sixers are a superteam now

Are they though?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The FO sees them as a Big 4, at least.

I do like that bobi and tobi appear to be a package deal

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So....Clippers are tanking and it's basically the Lakers and the Kings vying for the 8th seed?

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So....Clippers are tanking and it's basically the Lakers and the Kings vying for the 8th seed?

Wolves have a shot, they have a winning record since dealing Butler

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    This is a big gamble for Philly. It's fine if they can retain everyone but if Harris leaves it's a disaster.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Just retain Boban and he'll never leave!

Make all the doorways in the arena 2 inches lower so Embiid can still come and go but Boban can't leave

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    I would love to see Embiid play PF beside Boban

Jragghen wrote: »

Clips may turn Philly’s picks into a play for AD

Bobby Portis and Trevor Ariza on the same floor is shot defense for days

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pretty sure AD isn't going to get traded.

Pelicans are being a little too greedy for a player who wants to be gone and will be gone after next year.

the Lakers should just find a third team

Kyrie wants out of Boston

Pelicans are being a little too greedy for a player who wants to be gone and will be gone after next year.

They can afford to wait till the offseason because then the Celtics can bid against whoever else.

Disagree. They are asking for the moon from the Lakers because what they can actually get is less desirable than what Boston can offer in July. Whatever deal LA can cobble together will most likely be available this Summer. The real downside is they have to put AD on the shelf which sucks for us as spectators

Nah Windhorst says this is psychological tampering by the Pels as revenge in Lebron and the Lakers

https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

An interesting idea but that doesn't change the fact that Boston has better young players and more valuable draft picks to offer in six months.

Don’t try and use logic against the Lebron Whisperer

I don't think Windy is totally full of shit. He is pretty well connected and from what I can tell in Zach Lowe podcast appearances, pretty knowledgeable.

Also, if he is right I don't blame the Pelicans for this at all. I understand players should get to play where they want but the tampering through players is beyond ridiculous. LeBron conspiring with his friends is one thing. His agent trying to completely undermine players contracts is another.

I thought they were just holding Davis out until the deadline and then would let him play if he's still on the team.

Wonder if he'd have a case for a grievance.

Goose! wrote: »
    I thought they were just holding Davis out until the deadline and then would let him play if he's still on the team.

Why makes that case? His health is as important to him as it is the Pelicans

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Idk, remember when the NBA thought it had a catastrophe on its hands because teams were sitting guys for rest, and started threatening to fine everyone?

I’m not sure how this is any different.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    Butters wrote: »

But he was ready to come back this week.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Why would NO even risk playing a guy that wants to be traded? If he blows out a knee tomorrow they're screwed.

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Imagine being a professional referee and making this call

https://streamable.com/dic8x

Instead of a 4 point play like it should have been, it was a turnover. Je sus. The Sixers played bad in this game but Christ.

The end of that game was a gong show. Bad call/non-call immediately followed by worse makeup call followed by bad call followed by ...

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    Maximum wrote: »
    Why would NO even risk playing a guy that wants to be traded? If he blows out a knee tomorrow they're screwed.

Totally get it, but this same logic applies to teams that rest/protect players for the post season.

It sucks for fans, but makes a ton of sense for teams/players...

This discussion has been closed.