As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I one or two beta keys available for PC; I know one is already spoken for and a second person is up in the air about being able to play this weekend. PM me if interested and I'll send out what I have left this evening, first come, first served.

Also if you'd like to group up in the beta, or just play Div1 before 2 launches, friend me and send a note. Uplay ID is DrEwPhD.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Just got my invite on my email.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Hah, I totally forgot I put in for beta access way back when they first announced the game.

How long is beta open for, I'm not sure I'll have a great deal of time to play the next little while.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    thursday to monday looks like.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I got my gamepass code, but not the demo info yet. Are we going to get them via the live service too?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I was able to download the demo on the xbone this morning just by looking it up in the store

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I am downloading on PC right now, and apparently I have an invite for PS4 as well. I can only download so much! Anyways, friend me on uPlay if you want to play and/or just want an invite: davidsdurions.

• Options
    I'll check there. The Anthem demo was depry blink and miss it too. Is it just "now I will allow you to download the game"?

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I am downloading on PC right now, and apparently I have an invite for PS4 as well. I can only download so much! Anyways, friend me on uPlay if you want to play and/or just want an invite: davidsdurions.

Did you get a code on PC or it just lit up on Uplay? I submitted but didn't pre-order.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I think I put a code in a while back? Got an email that it was ready and it worked when pulling it up on uplay. After that I got another email with a code for console. I haven’t done that part yet.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Looks like I’ve got invites. Not sure if platform makes a difference, I’m on PC. Friend me on uPlay ( -Loki- )and I’ll send some invites when I get home. Just let me know what your name is on uPlay so I know who to give them to.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    There was a invite to sign-up for the beta when they first showed the game at E3, I signed up back then so I assume it's a reason I got the code.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    yup, got mine that way too. I'll give this a shot why not, hopefully the story stuff isn't too offputting in this beta

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I have a spare friend code for the closed beta. Message me if needed.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've not been following the Division 2 news closely, haven't signed up for anything (that I remember), and it just popped up and started to automatically download on my Xbox.

I guess I'll check it out!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh crap! I just noticed the dates. It looks like the private beta starts up tomorrow. And here I am with no PTO left over after the holidays >.<

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Was watching one of my div 1 streamers and in his chat someone mentioned that ubisoft specifically said survival is coming with a dlc year one. Fuck yeah boys

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    They lied.

• Options
    They lied.

They better not have! I want it to be the only end game, and specifically the only mode you can ever play tasty. THE ONLY MODE!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’d not be shocked at all if we got Survival in some form since Battle Royale is all the rage now, and it was already kind of BR.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Got into the xbox beta, downloading now. I like shooting mans.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    Since I already know I'm going to be buying this game, I bought the game. Oh well, at least one of the streamers I follow got a kickback from it (used his Humble partner link). See y'alls in the non-DZ.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I may have just preordered on PC so that I can play the Beta

(I was pretty dead set on getting this anyways)

Al_wat on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I have another friend invite for someone whom does not want to preorder just yet.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    JagmasJagmas Registered User regular
    Any plans for a guild when it launches?

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Jagmas wrote: »
    Any plans for a guild when it launches?

I think we have some time to figure that out, but in the meantime for the beta I added tabs to the player list from page one so people can group up.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Huh...apparently we have a Steam community group for Division 1. I was wondering where I got my Division logo from in Monster Hunter World. Let's see.....

...oh. Oh my.

"High End WANGTech"

Yup...that tracks.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    Unfortunately The Division 2 is skipping Steam.

Fortunately they’re building clan support into the game this time.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Huh...apparently we have a Steam community group for Division 1. I was wondering where I got my Division logo from in Monster Hunter World. Let's see.....

...oh. Oh my.

"High End WANGTech"

Yup...that tracks.

At least it wasn't Low End WANGTech.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

...oh. Oh my.

"High End WANGTech"

Yup...that tracks.

At least it wasn't Low End WANGTech.

Actually...that would've made more sense:

Low End WangTech

L-E-W-T

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Anyone have a spare PS4 key?

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Well, it's late Thursday night here now. Still looking for a friend code if any are still available. If not, that's cool too. Begging is kinda sad, but I'm shameless this week. :biggrin:

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    Well, it's late Thursday night here now. Still looking for a friend code if any are still available. If not, that's cool too. Begging is kinda sad, but I'm shameless this week. :biggrin:

If you’re on PC friend me on uPlay ( -Loki- ) and I’ll send one.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Sadly (depending on your point of view) I'm on PS4.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    Does PS4 still use a uPlay account? Might still work.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    For those concerned about the Black Tusk becoming the default enemy, there's been some info dropped.
    Massive Entertainment mentioned earlier that The Division 2 will transform once the players reach the endgame. One of those transformations is a direct result of the new enemy factions, called Black Tusk. They will waltz into the shrubbery version of Washington DC and take over some of the territories on the map.

You can be the good Samaritan that the Division agents are supposed to be and chase them out of those zones, but they will occupy some other place or return to invade the same zone later on. This is designed to give players a dynamic loop of events that should keep the endgame interesting for a while after the main campaign is done.

While a zone is under Black Tusk control, it will be changed as they take over control points. When this happens, players will be presented with a slew of new activities, although Massive Entertainment didn't specify what they are. It probably involves taking the zone back in various ways.

With that in mind, Black Tusks will not magically replace the other factions in the game. True Sons, Hyenas and the Outcasts will still attempt to control territories and better yet - they will fight Black Tusks if they encounter them. This should lead to three-way firefights that were encountered in the open world of The Division. You are most likely to replicate these scenarios next to the supply drops in the original game.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Oh that sounds excellent actually.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Beta update: Jesus christ this intro video is so overwrought and so bad, oh my god
    It looks pretty though. Also I dig the random characters tbh.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Yeah I played the opening and the first mission. This is definitely more The Division, but refined. Everything just feels better.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So I totally forgot to pre order the division 2 even though I was lucky to get a beta invite.

Spent some time looking on the steam store to purchase it then realized it’s been snagged on epic.

Anyhoo, going to pick this up and hopefully check out the beta. Still have shields to do in the first game still.