As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil HD REmake and Resident Evil: Zero HD released, REmake 2 announced!

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    RT800 wrote: »
    I'm glad we're getting Ghost Stories, but I think it would've been more interesting to play as Marvin during the outbreak. To see exactly how the police station went to shit.

Feels like a missed opportunity.

I'd be okay with this being paid DLC.

Better yet, make it a multiplayer expansion based on RE Outbreak. RE3make can have one based on Outbreak File #2

I think that's one of the few RE games that I've never played.

It's kinda neat being an episodic sort of game though for some reason it didn't include in-game voice-chat. So players had to use pre-programmed lines from the characters to communicate which probably went as well as you'd expect.
    The characters had a LOT of barks though, and a lot of contextual ones. It was kind of impressive.

Basically what I'm saying is Capcom should remake the outbreak games. The world is ready for them now.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Just make Left 4 Dead 3, set it in Raccoon city and watch the money roll in.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I'm glad we're getting Ghost Stories, but I think it would've been more interesting to play as Marvin during the outbreak. To see exactly how the police station went to shit.

Feels like a missed opportunity.

There's a note in the press room that basically sums it up. They slowly got whittled down by the horde and by letting people in.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Outbreak seemed crazy ahead of its time. A new take on that using this new engine could be a lot of fun.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    So I just beat RE7. That was fairly sad and depressing. Wildly entertaining, too! So did I miss something by not playing 6?
    Why is Chris and co. flying around in an Umbrella helicopter?

I really enjoyed that, and I’m looking forward to playing all the DLC. Especially End of Zoe. Cuz I
    saved her instead of Mia, like a chump—sorry, Mia! That clearly wasn’t the right move!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You didn't miss anything, that was a surprise!
    as of RE7 Umbrella has been reinvented as a Biohazard cleanup PMC. One of the former execs felt bad and recycled the logo as a force for good.
    Chris is on board, lending it an air of legitimacy. There is no indication, far as I know, that they're still evil.

Yeah it's weird. I dunno what happened to the BSAA, or why a rich Umbrella exec isn't in jail.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Man Resident Evil 7 is an extremely well made The Thing, Wrong Turn, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw, and Evil Dead mashup. It’s cool to see REmake 2 updating the original RE2 and going to a modified RE4 style with more emphasis on horror, but RE7 is such an interesting confluence of having to make up for RE6, the Amnesia style games that were popularized for years lining up RE7, and the cancellation of Silent Hills and PT.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    as of RE7 Umbrella has been reinvented as a Biohazard cleanup PMC. One of the former execs felt bad and recycled the logo as a force for good.
    Chris is on board, lending it an air of legitimacy. There is no indication, far as I know, that they're still evil.

Yeah it's weird. I dunno what happened to the BSAA, or why a rich Umbrella exec isn't in jail.
    As a PR move, it's surprising that Chris didn't punch them like they were a boulder for even suggesting it.
    It's like present day Germany creating a genuinely well-meaning social outreach service and calling it the Gestapo.

I'm not buying it for a second, and assume that someone (maybe the exec who suggested it in the first place) is going to pull a Hydra and give us Umbrella Reborn, bwahahaha.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Chris is on loan from the BSAA if I recall correctly, something he's fine with as he wants to see what this new Umbrella's about since he doesn't trust them.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Only Nixon could go to China Chris could go to Umbrella.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Resident Evil 2 first impression: I have absolutely no idea why I bought this on PS4 instead of Steam. I know it ran beautifully on there. I know it doesn’t run nearly as well on my vanilla PS4. Oops.

Second impression: this is fun! I’ve been playing in little bits throughout the day, 1:32 into it, and I only just got to the third floor of the RCPD through the showers. I am amazed that people are beating this in under an hour. But whatever, I’m taking my time, mostly, and enjoying the ... uh ... scenery?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Second impression: this is fun! I’ve been playing in little bits throughout the day, 1:32 into it, and I only just got to the third floor of the RCPD through the showers. I am amazed that people are beating this in under an hour. But whatever, I’m taking my time, mostly, and enjoying the ... uh ... scenery?

I thought the same thing when I finished my first run in like 6 hours. And then I realized there's a lot of back and forth I could cut out. But your first few runs should be more focused on enjoying everything and playing the game rather than speed. Have fun with it!

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Loving this so far. Hate the dumb decision of making a freaking knife a limited resource but I get why they do it.

Anyway, is there any reason to aim for headshots? The bastards still takes like 6 shots to fall over, and then they're not even dead. How do I most efficiently take zombies out?

• Options
    I really wish S+ allowed one more save.
    I'm just not confident in my ability to consistently beat any of the bosses without getting my ass handed to me multiple times, so my save points are before G1, G2, and G3.
    Which is great for the first station and lab sections, but it leaves me with the whole of the parking garage/second station/sewers to do in one go, and the dog-filled parking lot and sewers in particular keep kicking my ass.

I need a good route and a reliable way to get past those G assholes.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    klemming wrote: »
    I really wish S+ allowed one more save.
    I'm just not confident in my ability to consistently beat any of the bosses without getting my ass handed to me multiple times, so my save points are before G1, G2, and G3.
    Which is great for the first station and lab sections, but it leaves me with the whole of the parking garage/second station/sewers to do in one go, and the dog-filled parking lot and sewers in particular keep kicking my ass.

I need a good route and a reliable way to get past those G assholes.

I thought you got 3 for S+? Or was that something else?

Edit: Misread that as "more than one save" instead of "one more save"

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Movitz wrote: »
    Loving this so far. Hate the dumb decision of making a freaking knife a limited resource but I get why they do it.

Anyway, is there any reason to aim for headshots? The bastards still takes like 6 shots to fall over, and then they're not even dead. How do I most efficiently take zombies out?
    if you let the reticle settle, then a headshot has a chance of a crit taking the zombie out instantly.
    certainly not reliable but it is there and over the course of the game it can save you ammo if you are killing everything.

If you are just going for the stagger+run past, then a leg shot is more reliable and easier to pull off.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    You don't need to let the reticle settle for a crit, I think it's just random. It improves accuracy, though.
    As far as I know, any hit is the same damage, but apart from the chances for a crit, a head shot can stagger them and give you an opening to run past without getting grabbed.

If you just want to get past them you're probably best off going for their legs. 3 or 4 shots will usually take a leg out, and a crawling zombie is much less of a problem.

• Options
    If you take out both legs it's even less of a problem.

• Options
    And even less if you take out both arms as well.
    But be aware that they've seen Monty Python, so they will try to bite your ankles off if given the chance.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I think my favourite Claire moment is...
    ...when Annette fails to kill G3 with the acid (?) grenades and Claire goes "hold my beer". The confidence brought a huge grin to my face.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    by the time you take out the arms and legs you've generally run through their hitpoints anyway

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I wish I was better at controller aiming because the PC version looks so much easier to play.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Got to the sewers at 1 30 ish. Ada section next. Got some good momentum going getting the cubes. Marvin didnt even wake up

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I’m actually not sure where to go now. I feel like I missed something.
    I flirted/met up with Claire after the helicopter crash, used the valve to go though the showers, saw the damn licker, passed through STARs HQ, but ... nowhere else to really go. I didn’t take the battery cuz I don’t know what to do with it. Opened the West Office safe (yay inventory space!), but I don’t know where the crank or jack pieces are. Don’t have the club key, etc. Guess I’ll just roam a bit, see if that helps me.

• Options
    I flirted/met up with Claire after the helicopter crash, used the valve to go though the showers, saw the damn licker, passed through STARs HQ, but ... nowhere else to really go. I didn’t take the battery cuz I don’t know what to do with it. Opened the West Office safe (yay inventory space!), but I don’t know where the crank or jack pieces are. Don’t have the club key, etc. Guess I’ll just roam a bit, see if that helps me.

Take the battery. You need it.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It sounds like there's another door you can use the chain cutters on, which will get you the item to use with the battery.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Your game time is also a little misleading.

If you choose continue or load save from the game over menu your time keeps going from where you died.

You have to select quit and load your game from the main menu to get your time between that last save and your death back.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

If you choose continue or load save from the game over menu your time keeps going from where you died.

You have to select quit and load your game from the main menu to get your time between that last save and your death back.

I always selected load save from the game over menu and it did not carry over my time unless I'm the world's greatest speedrunner and would otherwise have been looking at a 45 minute run.

• Options
    General advice when you're stuck; Examine every key item you get, they often give you more of a description of what they might need/be used for.
    And if it's something you've used and the red tick hasn't shown up, assume it can be used elsewhere to open up something else.

Failing that, look at the map and find area you haven't been or haven't cleared.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »

I always selected load save from the game over menu and it did not carry over my time unless I'm the world's greatest speedrunner and would otherwise have been looking at a 45 minute run.

Oh man I could have sworn this was the case. I redid my Claire A Hardcore run from the Sewers to the lab because I kept dying and reloading my lab save point and it seemed like my time kept accumulating.

• Options
    Continuing does in fact keep the timer going

load save just sets the time back to whatever the save you're loading was

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    by the time you take out the arms and legs you've generally run through their hitpoints anyway

‘Tis but a scratch!

President Evil on
  • Options
    The guy who does those Leon A runthroughs has quit his job to be a full time streamer

• Options
    The guy who does those Leon A runthroughs has quit his job to be a full time streamer

For real? Bold move. I hope it works out for him.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Aiming is definitely easier using KBAM, but I still prefer using my gamepad for this game. It just feels better to me.

You can still stagger zombies with a body shot and the game throws pistol ammo at you like it's candy so I usually just shoot them in the chest until they let me pass.

RT800 on
  • Options

For real? Bold move. I hope it works out for him.

As he puts it, he doesn't make much money at his job so it's worth a punt.

• Options
    He got a ton of followers in a really short time. That can be good or bad I guess, but if you have the resources to go for it, great

• Options
    Yeah, good luck to him. Nice work if you can get it.

• Options
    I feel like I was born a decade too early and totally missed my window of making money by playing video games and being silly on camera.

This discussion has been closed.