As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

1202122232426»

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    folks, Tetris Effect is really fucking good

I am at work and 70% of my attention is being spent wishing I was home playing Tetris Effect

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    folks, Tetris Effect is really fucking good

I am at work and 70% of my attention is being spent wishing I was home playing Tetris Effect

Truth, finally broke my copy out last weekend and it was awesome.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Are y'all playing in vr or just on screen?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    just on screen, I would love to try it in vr, but I aint got that kind of money

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Are y'all playing in vr or just on screen?

Oh I did on VR, it was trippy as hell and amazing.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    かんぱい!
    How is it? I haven't actually tried the 12-year, just the non-vintage single barrel. (or maybe it was the non-vintage single malt? I'll have to check next time I'm at the bar)

godmode on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fairly smooth, very buttery, with the lightness/lack of smoke you get with most Japanese whiskies. Sweeter than I would have anticipated. A+!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    They have bars in Japan?! I should check that out!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

For relaxing times

Make it Suntory time

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I drank a German whiskey last night. Per Geist, I believe it was called. It was light and almost watery. Smooth, but not something I think I'd go out and buy.

...This uninteresting piece of information is here only because it seems like the place to talk about whiskey made by former Axis powers.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

They also have Izakaya.

Izakaya are my favorite.
    https://youtu.be/TkhpsMvcjuY

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I went to an izakaya last night! They are my favorite as well.

godmode on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna spoil myself as @Fig-D's Satan! Only because there IS a final gift arriving from Parts Distant but I've been traveling for work and then at actual work like constantly through January, so I haven't had time to go to the post office, even on Saturday when it's open and I'm not at work.

@tynic also has something that will be sent off this Saturday.

!

You've already knocked it out if the park @Lost Salient but I'll certainly say thank you again! I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh shit I forgot to go to the Post office.

Is the post office even open?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,
    you haven't yet revealed yourself to me, so I can't properly attribute this, but please enjoy this picture of Levy enjoying your gift.
    uk5xh960pdsx.jpg

steam_sig.png
    KITTY

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    @iloveslimes I got your last package! Pics incoming soon

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    So, I got a package! I suspect it may not be from chewy.com, considering I don't have any pets!
    ZNSC3Cr.jpg

Though, the card does seem pet themed too...
    XmLteMq.jpg
    Ut0bwC9.jpg

Okay, turns out to not be chewy.com, but rather a very benevolent @Iloveslimes !
    oMjdQVH.jpg

First up, Hard Boiled Wonderland! I love books and always love people sharing their favourites!
    RUhAG5L.jpg?1

Ahhhhhh it's a SNES Classic! I've wanted one of these since they were announced but I could never justify the purchase to myself! EEEE Thanks!
    LAhIOu2.jpg

With... another SNES game? Oh no...
    WKs7Bxi.jpg

The cursed game returns...
    ou2ZRQ3.jpg

Thanks iloveslimes! That's some S-tier sataning, right there!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Were things actually aligned this year to create a single chain? This almost looks like it might not have subdivided itself into a number of smaller chains.

edited January 2019
    Hard to tell without knowing who the mystery Satans are.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah mystery satans throw off chains

there should be 3 total chains

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Sometimes things just stay mysterious forever!

Like Tamam Shud.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

the post office died 25 years ago...on this very night......

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    something something dead letter office

crwth wrote: »

the post office died 25 years ago...on this very night......

black mirror season 5 has gotten kinda trite

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    So, I got a package! I suspect it may not be from chewy.com, considering I don't have any pets!
    ZNSC3Cr.jpg

Though, the card does seem pet themed too...
    XmLteMq.jpg
    Ut0bwC9.jpg

Okay, turns out to not be chewy.com, but rather a very benevolent @Iloveslimes !
    oMjdQVH.jpg

First up, Hard Boiled Wonderland! I love books and always love people sharing their favourites!
    RUhAG5L.jpg?1

Ahhhhhh it's a SNES Classic! I've wanted one of these since they were announced but I could never justify the purchase to myself! EEEE Thanks!
    LAhIOu2.jpg

With... another SNES game? Oh no...
    WKs7Bxi.jpg

The cursed game returns...
    ou2ZRQ3.jpg

Thanks iloveslimes! That's some S-tier sataning, right there!

I laughed out loud when I saw you had got rid of all your Shaq-Fu games. I was tempted to mod the SNES Classic to add Shaq-Fu, but I was too lazy. I'm glad everything made it to you and you like it. Enjoy!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    So the other day (okay maybe like a month ago, I've been busy) I was heading out my front door.

WqE08kb.jpg
    MvJis2R.jpg
    When I came to, I had no memory of what had happened...
    iplVkwd.jpg
    Or why I was dressed the way I was...
    wbgFKPy.jpg
    Or what the hell someone else was doing in my bedroom.
    jPTpf8Q.jpg
    shkficC.jpg
    He came at me fast...
    ZKqSG1Q.jpg
    Lunging forward with a right cross...
    56kGCBn.jpg
    And following it up with a knee to the chest. I tried to respond in kind...
    SMcmo60.jpg
    But he was too quick for me, ducking under my fist...
    aSc29U8.jpg
    And catching me in the stomach with his foot...
    Tgyo9Js.jpg
    And then again in the jaw.
    063otsM.jpg
    His next punch I was ready for...
    pluTVLa.jpg
    And I followed through with a counterattack of my own, knocking the wind out of him and launching him into the air and...
    eqX8BPj.jpg
    Giving myself a nasty paper cut? Cardboard cut? Whatever, it was corrugated and it hurt.
    9q072w3.jpg
    Wait what's he doing?
    PBHwy33.jpg

I blacked out again after that, and shortly after, I woke from the strangest dream.
    H9aqL0D.jpg
    But, if that was a dream...
    TjC2ZGo.jpg
    Where did these books come from?

Thank you @SagatSatan, whoever you are!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    *snip*

works better if you press play on the spoilered video

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Satan bless Sagat Satan, for gifting us more Straightzi posts.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Straightzi, you're a treasure.

In other news, we done here? I'm gunna unsticky this. If other gifts show up, keep posting, but we don't need it stuck to the top of the forum no more.

8406wWN.png
    edited February 2019
    Thanks all! I'm so glad y'all join this every year!

Brolo on
    I’m afraid I must temper my previous gratitude, for behind @Lasbrook ‘s undeniable generosity came a horrible curse:

I am hooked on a BBQ sauce from a restaurant 2000 miles away

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    If you wanna pay the shipping I could totally setup a BBQ sauce pipeline.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It took a lot of help from me, but Dinner finally figured out the bed.

steam_sig.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I got two heavy books from my excellent Hawaiian Satan @Skeith

fTpSBom.jpg

One is the Cambridge History of Southeast Asia Volume One Part One which covers everything from 40,000 BCE up to 1500 CE

And the other is A History of Early Modern Southeast Asia

This is a region I'm really interested in especially since I don't know a whole lot about Southeast Asian history... yet

Thank you, Skeith!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I wanna point out again that Skeith sent me the batch of gifts all the way from Hawai'i so those nuts basically traveled to the other side of the world

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sorry to bounce this to the top but I actually did end up having to go out of town and it made me look like an ungrateful asshat. I wanted to make sure to properly thank @Raijin Quickfoot even if it's weeks later. Truly sorry. I loved the gifts. Right after I took the picture, Jack tried to make off with Angus (What I named the little raccoon that came with Bob Ross. So named for the raccoon that is in our yard nightly.)
    wi0qi3b3uyuv.jpg
    Jack and Ze Gifts!

70wx4lcozh2v.jpg
    Real Angus!

x79wvj2t2jos.jpg
    He wouldn't pose with the gifts but here's Finley in a Christmas hat.

Again, sorry for the belated thank you. The gifts were awesome! The local Vietnamese place quit serving banh mi, so I am particularly pleased with that cookbook. And that restaurant can suck it.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yayaya! It's OK! I was late sending them!