As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I finally unlocked all of the Forges on all of my characters.

I don't know why I do these things to myself.

awsimo on
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Nosf wrote: »
    It's extinguish, get a group or even just a partner. Death is back to orbit. It can be done, easily if you're a Well Warlock but a bad bounce and you'll be annoyed. What light level are you?

I can probably hit 645 if I tried but with my preferred gear it’ll probably be like 638.

I end up playing solo about 99% of the time. Which isn’t necessarily preferred but that’s the way my schedule often plays out. I also don’t really know anyone in my clan except for an IRL buddy and his brother, so I don’t like asking people I don’t know and who don’t know me.

It’s weird. I was talking with someone about this a while back. I used to group with PA folks regularly in D1/TTK, but these days I’m afraid to ask because I haven’t in a long time and even though everyone’s very cool here, I feel like I’m being a burden if I ask for help from someone who might not know me too well.

There’s also stuff like Whisper, where I know someone will have to carry me through it because of all the jumping I’ve never done before. And I don’t want to put that burden on someone either.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    That stupid Sparrow dropped for me from Morgeth last night, completing my Raid collection badge!

L8wBFNSh.png

Thanks to NATBurn for continuing to run Morgeth for me and special thanks to @Custom Special for continuing his streak of giving me amazing loot luck

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I'm still missing that fucking bow from the raid.

shryke wrote: »

You probably already know this, but since it only drops in Curated form, you can only get it from the Curated source: Vault encounter

Not sure if it not being included in the general loot pool like literally every other piece of (non-exotic) gear is a bug/oversight, or if that's just Bungie being Bungie

vq2TEKC.png
    Vagabond wrote: »

You probably already know this, but since it only drops in Curated form, you can only get it from the Curated source: Vault encounter

Not sure if it not being included in the general loot pool like literally every other piece of (non-exotic) gear is a bug/oversight, or if that's just Bungie being Bungie

Oh, I know. And unlike a Riven run, you don't find a lot of Vault runs. So you gotta run the whole damn thing usually.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It's extinguish, get a group or even just a partner. Death is back to orbit. It can be done, easily if you're a Well Warlock but a bad bounce and you'll be annoyed. What light level are you?

I can probably hit 645 if I tried but with my preferred gear it’ll probably be like 638.

I end up playing solo about 99% of the time. Which isn’t necessarily preferred but that’s the way my schedule often plays out. I also don’t really know anyone in my clan except for an IRL buddy and his brother, so I don’t like asking people I don’t know and who don’t know me.

It’s weird. I was talking with someone about this a while back. I used to group with PA folks regularly in D1/TTK, but these days I’m afraid to ask because I haven’t in a long time and even though everyone’s very cool here, I feel like I’m being a burden if I ask for help from someone who might not know me too well.

There’s also stuff like Whisper, where I know someone will have to carry me through it because of all the jumping I’ve never done before. And I don’t want to put that burden on someone either.

You can go in and test whisper solo to get the jumping down. I did that before playing it with a group and completing. I think my first time I got to the end with a few minutes to spare, then did it a few more times to test and kept getting better. When I went with a group I did just fine and we got there with time to spare for the kill.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Is that still the only solar bow?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

Until Crimson Days where Shaxx will have a Solar Bow for you

vq2TEKC.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    That stupid Sparrow dropped for me from Morgeth last night, completing my Raid collection badge!

L8wBFNSh.png

Thanks to NATBurn for continuing to run Morgeth for me and special thanks to @Custom Special for continuing his streak of giving me amazing loot luck

You're welcome

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

Wait is that really a thing?

awsimo wrote: »

Wait is that really a thing?

Yeah

2009106091.jpg

vq2TEKC.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I feel like accepting a bow from Shaxx is stepping between him and Mara post-Dawning.
    And that doesn't work well for anybody.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ohhhh buddy, if that's how you feel then just wait until you see the bow's flavor text.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I’ve Advance insight terminus... welp got all the way to the second stage of the boss, couldn’t stay on anyone plate long enough until I got overwhelmed and died.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Mara doesn't deserve Shaxx.

Only we can make him happy.

All of us.

In the crucible.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My heart's beatin', my hands are shakin', but im still shootin', im still gettin' headshots we did it.

1dm9vaizh55w.png

We managed to throw away our lead at around the 80 point mark, our worst player quit out of anger, but we clawed it back. Shaxx announced that we were defeated, they got cocky and a teammate and I managed to nab a kill each no wait we had two zones IT WAS ALL ME BABY.

Also holy moly I love Trust. Started using it for the handcannon quest step, kept using it for the solar kills, and it's so good. Probably gonna keep running it until something else is needed for a quest. Meanwhile, TLW is just... very hard to use. You have to be, like, good at the game or something?

I'm also constitutionally incapable of not ADSing so that might have something to do with it as well.

e: after an absolutely crushing (ie completely normal) Countdown loss came this beauty:

qdrwnmgq08wz.png

Gat dang this was a good night of Crucible. Felt like I was playing really well, with a lot of good spacing with seeker grenades and looping around in the air and around walkways and getting very crisp kills.

Surfpossum on
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I got the bespoke masterworked roll on the Stryker Surehand, but it's got the Bergusian Night shader on it too. :o

I have a jagged edge/heavy guard/tireless blade/surrounded Stryker Surehand which I think might be comparable to the bespoke roll?

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I got the curated Threat Level, but it doesn't really have any range perks. My Threat Level with Trench/Genesis has Accurized Rounds and a choice of Full Choke or Rifled Barrel

I'm

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Occasionally, very occasionally, I play a decent round of comp.
    2gb8j7sboek9.jpeg

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Had a Gambit match the other night where I was in Void spec trying to get ability kills for a quest, and we lost the first round hard enough that one of our team members quit. Frustrating, but whatever. Next round, still down 3v4 but I finish my quest about halfway through and swap back to Arc. Then shit gets real. I do a ton of work with the Skullfort in terms of farming up notes, and we end up pulling ahead and actually winning the round thanks to a full heal I scored in the enemy primeval during a last minute invasion. Next round, we get a 4th added and just absolutely dominate. Felt awesome. Skullfort does so much work in Gambit.

milk ducks wrote: »
    Had a Gambit match the other night where I was in Void spec trying to get ability kills for a quest, and we lost the first round hard enough that one of our team members quit. Frustrating, but whatever. Next round, still down 3v4 but I finish my quest about halfway through and swap back to Arc. Then shit gets real. I do a ton of work with the Skullfort in terms of farming up notes, and we end up pulling ahead and actually winning the round thanks to a full heal I scored in the enemy primeval during a last minute invasion. Next round, we get a 4th added and just absolutely dominate. Felt awesome. Skullfort does so much work in Gambit.

Even before the buffs to bot tree, Skullfort Striker was super great in the mote-gathering part of gambit.

The problem has always been that the super is crap for dealing with the boss phase and that's a huge weakness. You can drag your team as fast as you want to the Primeval water but you can't make those fuckers drink kill it.

I got the curated Threat Level, but it doesn't really have any range perks. My Threat Level with Trench/Genesis has Accurized Rounds and a choice of Full Choke or Rifled Barrel

I'm

Range isn't something to worry about with Trench Barrel shotties since you have to be in melee range anyway

vq2TEKC.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I finally got a Threat Level this sunday and it rolled with shit, instantly deleted it.

I’m so tired of this terrible loot system at this point.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

I'm

Range isn't something to worry about with Trench Barrel shotties since you have to be in melee range anyway

I suppose, but that's only to activate, I still shoot things after it's activated

Plus, more importantly, my tracked kills!

I'm gonna have to play around and see how they compare. I really want that Bergusia Night shader though...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited February 2019

I'm

I suppose, but that's only to activate, I still shoot things after it's activated

Plus, more importantly, my tracked kills!

I'm gonna have to play around and see how they compare. I really want that Bergusia Night shader though...

I honestly think Handling is way more important stat for maximizing DPS from Trench Barrel since you'll have to do the melee->ready->fire dance several times and being able to shoot sooner after melee is clutch

EDIT: Typo

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    Crimson Days returns next Tuesday

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47607

tl;dr:
    - Shaxx will be offering a fully-masterworked bow that comes at 650, similar to how Horror Story worked
    - Can purchase a subset of the possible rewards (included the new stuff) for "Confectionary Hearts" which are earned by completing Daily and Weekly Crimson Bounties (which are a mix of PvE and PvP) or by completing Crimson Doubles matches
    - New triumphs of course, completing all of them awards you the Sugary Ghost Shell
    - Crimson Engrams will drop in addition to your regular Etched Engrams and these seem to drop same rewards as last Crimson Days

vq2TEKC.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Sugary ghost shell

edited February 2019
    Also mentioned, Valor bonus week. (For all playlists, not just C Dubs.)

awsimo on
    edited February 2019
    Triumphs:
    - Complete [9] Crimson Days Triumphs
    - Collect each of the [5] Crimson Days rewards offered by Lord Shaxx during 2019. [This is retroactive, I already have credit for everything except the bow]
    - Complete [22] Crimson Days matches
    - Win [11] Crimson Days matches
    - As a fireteam, defeat [77] Guardians while they are affected by the "Reunited" buff
    - As a fireteam, defeat [77] Guardians separated from their partner
    - As a fireteam, defeat [77] Guardians while they seek vengeance for their fallen ally
    - Earn [2] Blood for Blood medals by avenging your fallen ally
    - Complete [11] Crimson Days bounties
    - Complete a Nightfall in a fireteam of two
    - CLASSIFIED
    - CLASSIFIED
    - CLASSIFIED

When they say "Crimson Days matches" I assume they mean "Crimson Doubles"

Seems there are three Classified Triumphs that you don't need in order to "finish" your CD triumphs (for the ghost). Probably similar to the 0-point stuff from FotL and Dawning

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Crimson Days returns next Tuesday

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47607

tl;dr:
    - Shaxx will be offering a fully-masterworked bow that comes at 650, similar to how Horror Story worked
    - Can purchase a subset of the possible rewards (included the new stuff) for "Confectionary Hearts" which are earned by completing Daily and Weekly Crimson Bounties (which are a mix of PvE and PvP) or by completing Crimson Doubles matches
    - New triumphs of course, completing all of them awards you the Sugary Ghost Shell
    - Crimson Engrams will drop in addition to your regular Etched Engrams and these seem to drop same rewards as last Crimson Days

Looks like if you do all 4 bounties every day for the week and the weekly Nightfall bounty, you'll get enough tokens to buy everything from Shax and still have some left over. And that's not counting the tokens you get for doing crucible stuff!

Do we know what perks the bow has?

Do we know what perks the bow has?

Archer's Tempo and Rapid Hit. So like Arsenic Bite, but worse? I dunno, I guess I'll wait to play with it. Bow "reload speed" is of questionable value in my experience

vq2TEKC.png
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Sugary ghost shell

Oh, I remember some angst about that back in D1. What was that all about back then? Wasn't it a 100% roll or something? Or it was pretty?

Arteen wrote: »
    Sugary ghost shell

Oh, I remember some angst about that back in D1. What was that all about back then? Wasn't it a 100% roll or something? Or it was pretty?

It was several things. It was back during the era in D1 where item drops had fixed Light Level depending on source. Endgame drops were the only way to reach max Light Level, and at this point there was only one shot per character per week at a Raid Ghost drop. These were added for the 1-week Crimson Days event but were a VERY LOW drop rate (which turned out to have been bugged). They were also cool looking, although more people lusted after the Crimson Shell which looked like red candy. As far as 100% roll, I think this was also during the time when you didn't actually have tiers, so it wasn't as important.

vq2TEKC.png
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47625

Titan skating getting somewhat fixed in the March patch.
    Later this month, we are fixing an issue with the Titan Lift ability that currently allows players, with the use of unconventional inputs (keybinding to mouse scrollwheel, macros, etc.), to reach extremely excessive movement speeds. It will still be possible to maximize your Lift speed by skillfully timing your Lift activation inputs to boost your overall momentum. In other words, “Titan Skating” is still possible, just less excessive.

I feel sorry for them trying to fix this shit cause there's almost no way it's easy to address.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47625

Titan skating getting somewhat fixed in the March patch.
    Later this month, we are fixing an issue with the Titan Lift ability that currently allows players, with the use of unconventional inputs (keybinding to mouse scrollwheel, macros, etc.), to reach extremely excessive movement speeds. It will still be possible to maximize your Lift speed by skillfully timing your Lift activation inputs to boost your overall momentum. In other words, “Titan Skating” is still possible, just less excessive.

I feel sorry for them trying to fix this shit cause there's almost no way it's easy to address.

Well they sure figured it out from D1 to D2 Titan. I know PC has keybind and macro stuff, but it doesn't seem that crazy to just make it so you can't macro your jump key or something.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    It's simple, just delete Titans from the game

kofz2amsvqm3.png
    It's simple, just delete Titans Hunters and Warlocks from the game

Good call, then it's an even playing field for everyone!

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    the sword Argos kill from TWAB is pretty hilarious

https://youtu.be/ALneb-xkitE

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii