Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

12021232526100

Posts

  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    So I totally forgot to pre order the division 2 even though I was lucky to get a beta invite.

    Spent some time looking on the steam store to purchase it then realized it’s been snagged on epic.

    Anyhoo, going to pick this up and hopefully check out the beta. Still have shields to do in the first game still.

    You can still buy on uPlay.

    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
    Genji-Gloves
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    So I totally forgot to pre order the division 2 even though I was lucky to get a beta invite.

    Spent some time looking on the steam store to purchase it then realized it’s been snagged on epic.

    Anyhoo, going to pick this up and hopefully check out the beta. Still have shields to do in the first game still.

    You can still buy on uPlay.

    I think even if you buy it on the Epic store it'll still launch through uPlay anyway.

  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    My recommendation is to skip the Epic store. It's where they host Fortnite so there a lot of brute forcing going on. My account was recently compromised in the sense that I came home to play Subnautica and found my account logged out. I put in my password and I was greeted with a "Your account has been locked out due to too many password attempts, please try again in 2 hours"

    Yeah, the timer started as soon as I logged in from my home computer with the correct password. There is no option to send a verification e-mail or anything, you're straight up locked out from all your games for 2 hours. I of course had to activate 2-step verification after that, but what a cruddy thing to happen.

    MrVyngaard
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So guessing it won't be Pax Arcadia this time around, since Pax don't much fit with the setting?

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 7
    Played some of the beta this morning, dunno if it was my head phones or the beta but had some weird sound issues, I think it was the beta. Also got booted twice in the last ten minutes which means the game will be the worst ever and this beta shows everything is broken forever.

    Also still getting used to the new skills, sniper turret was ok, didn't like the bomber drone, felt really finnicky to get it to target

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I only started the client and it patched and logged in without issue or complaint before having to leave for work, which immediately made it waaaaaay better than Anthem, amirite?

  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    I'm guessing a clan tag would have 3 or maybe 4 characters if this game follows pretty much every other game out there. I can't come up with anything clever, but here are some Latinized unit mottos I just made up:

    Iani Parvae Pecuniae (lit. arcade of small money)
    Ex Pax, ad Vigori (from peace, to virility :winky: )

    Yes I did take 4 years of Latin in HS, and it's basically only worth making rubbish pseudo-Latin phrases.

    ElvenshaeBlackDragon480
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 7
    Nosf wrote: »
    So guessing it won't be Pax Arcadia this time around, since Pax don't much fit with the setting?

    Is your argument that the peace death brings to enemies of America, both foreign and domestic, is insufficient?

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    PreacherBasilElvenshae
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I swear my random character this morning looked like a more hair frazzled michelle obama with a neck tattoo. So now I totally want to make my div 2 character exactly that...

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'll also have to find the setting that turns off people requesting help, because swear to god it was none stop. Stop dying you miscreants.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    One weapon change that kind of caught me this morning was there are rifles alongside assault rifles (oh god gun nuts are going to lose it here I'm sure) they feel like the place that marksman rifles were in div 1, I guess because sniper rifles are their own category now?

    Also normal definitely feels very challenging early on, I did like that green items can have a set bonus and its like a 3 piece bonus so you can run with 2 of them at full or 3 of them at 2.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I never got my code from amazon for this. Hrm.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I never got my code from amazon for this. Hrm.

    What platform? if you're an xboner I could invite you if you like give me your uplay id.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    So guessing it won't be Pax Arcadia this time around, since Pax don't much fit with the setting?

    I'm torn between "Taxation Without Representation" or some obscure '80s D.C. hardcore reference that only I will get, like "Revolution Summer".

  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    For anyone on PC, I'll be sitting in the PA discord this evening after work.

  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »
    So guessing it won't be Pax Arcadia this time around, since Pax don't much fit with the setting?

    I'm torn between "Taxation Without Representation" or some obscure '80s D.C. hardcore reference that only I will get, like "Revolution Summer".

    9:30 Club Security?

    Future Employee of Planetary Acquisitions, Inc.
    Pax Arcadia(PC) Division Agent
    pNRtexA.png
    ElvenshaeLawndartdesc
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Something about the Hirshhorn?

    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I never got my code from amazon for this. Hrm.

    What platform? if you're an xboner I could invite you if you like give me your uplay id.

    I am on Xbox, I’ll have to find that I’m not sure what my uplay id is lol

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    This is totally juvenile and I'd feel terrible actually using this name but

    Watchful Aegis of the National Gallery

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I never got my code from amazon for this. Hrm.

    What platform? if you're an xboner I could invite you if you like give me your uplay id.

    I am on Xbox, I’ll have to find that I’m not sure what my uplay id is lol

    Yeah sign in to the ubisoft site and then the uplay like club one to get your name or create your account and then I can see if I can send you a friend request and then I can maybe send you a code maybe.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    “Shield unavailable in Beta”

    :x

  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    You're definitely 100% unambiguously the good guys in this one, which is...hmm. Like the one good thing about D1's story was that maybe a completely unsupervised force of government vigilantes might not be the best, and I haven't seen any of that except for one loading screen message about Keener. Not a fan.

    I do like the emphasis on helping civilians though, what with your missions and upgrades coming from the settlements, makes it seem like you're less of an amoral mercenary lmao

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    You're definitely 100% unambiguously the good guys in this one, which is...hmm. Like the one good thing about D1's story was that maybe a completely unsupervised force of government vigilantes might not be the best, and I haven't seen any of that except for one loading screen message about Keener. Not a fan.

    I do like the emphasis on helping civilians though, what with your missions and upgrades coming from the settlements, makes it seem like you're less of an amoral mercenary lmao

    The players felt kind of "are we the baddies" but the marketing of the game and direction clearly didn't want you to think that.

    Like to me the way quests have been changed and like check points and settlements are addressing the "does the division actually do any good for people?" that was raised up in the first game.

    And I've come across two radio messages by keener in this one he's still an amoral dick.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    This is totally juvenile

    This is Penny Arcade.

    davidsdurionsElvenshae
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    You're definitely 100% unambiguously the good guys in this one, which is...hmm. Like the one good thing about D1's story was that maybe a completely unsupervised force of government vigilantes might not be the best, and I haven't seen any of that except for one loading screen message about Keener. Not a fan.

    I do like the emphasis on helping civilians though, what with your missions and upgrades coming from the settlements, makes it seem like you're less of an amoral mercenary lmao

    The players felt kind of "are we the baddies" but the marketing of the game and direction clearly didn't want you to think that.

    Like to me the way quests have been changed and like check points and settlements are addressing the "does the division actually do any good for people?" that was raised up in the first game.

    And I've come across two radio messages by keener in this one he's still an amoral dick.

    The first game was a bit conflicted on the issue, but it wasn't an accident that every single Division member bio you found read like something wrote them with a copy of the DSM opened to the "Antisocial Personality Disorder symptoms" page.

  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Visually, this game is technically much better looking. Higher poly models (the zoom in on the watch when you start was great), higher detail environments, better bells and whistles like particle effects and light scattering.

    But the first games winter look was just much more striking.

    BizazedoKnight_
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »
    I'm guessing a clan tag would have 3 or maybe 4 characters if this game follows pretty much every other game out there. I can't come up with anything clever, but here are some Latinized unit mottos I just made up:

    Iani Parvae Pecuniae (lit. arcade of small money)
    Ex Pax, ad Vigori (from peace, to virility :winky: )

    Yes I did take 4 years of Latin in HS, and it's basically only worth making rubbish pseudo-Latin phrases.

    If we're going to HS Latin (me did 3 years work, with a year of Greek (considered a vocation in high school, lost it's luster reading in the original languages). Was member of the Junior Classical League and got Gold, Silver, Gold on my 3 shots at the National Latin Test), might as well go with a classic like:

    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

    or

    Romanes Eunt Domus

    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »
    So guessing it won't be Pax Arcadia this time around, since Pax don't much fit with the setting?

    I'm torn between "Taxation Without Representation" or some obscure '80s D.C. hardcore reference that only I will get, like "Revolution Summer".

    Paxation Without Representation

    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    Elvenshae
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Beta looks nice but seriously, let me try the Ballistic Shield.

    Preacher
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the skills they let you use in the beta feels super limited. Turret, seeker mine and Drone. One word of warning if you don't like the initial option you choose it takes 5 shade tech to choose another one.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I never got my code from amazon for this. Hrm.

    What platform? if you're an xboner I could invite you if you like give me your uplay id.

    I am on Xbox, I’ll have to find that I’m not sure what my uplay id is lol

    Yeah sign in to the ubisoft site and then the uplay like club one to get your name or create your account and then I can see if I can send you a friend request and then I can maybe send you a code maybe.

    my uplay username is knight725, and my xbox gamertag is knight is crazy if you need that too. thanks for trying to help!

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok friend invite sent knight, accept it in the ubi thing and I'll send you an invite code.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Or I sent you a code, we'll see. might want to accept the friend invite anyway? But in theory code sent?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The Replenisher drone is so good. Single handedly got me through some tough fights because it just sits there, merrily replenishing your armour about as fast as enemies were stripping it.

  • m!ttensm!ttens Registered User regular
    aw, hit my first game crash, right before taking on the first boss of the first mission :(

    Guess I need to blaze through the mission again, luckily it isn't too long

  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Yea this is hitting all the right notes for me. Sure a couple crashes so far but its like level 1-30 in the first division except so much better. Love shooting the armor off heavies and shields. The firearms sound great and gun play is once again satisfying. This is just highlighting even more what was lacking in the Anthem demo.

  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I really want to play some but life is too hectic. Y’all still be here in six months?

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well I'm glad I'm not home to play the beta sounds like the disconnects I got hit with this morning are happening more and more today.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
Sign In or Register to comment.