As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

From the ashes of Titanfall rises [Apex Legends]

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    My friends and I already won twice last night so this is a good video game.

One was downed and had a grenade tossed at him to finish him off, but I ran over as Lifeline and blocked the explosion with the revive shield passive to get him back up and it felt real good.

Also there's a profile highlight picture thing that is just three dogs when you have a full party going into a match and win, and that's never not being on my card.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So now ea and respawn are saying something Titanfall related is coming out this year, but it's something kind of different?

Collectible Card Game on iphone.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So mirage is pretty fun to play as and I thought he would be annoying to have to listen to all the time but his constantly flubbing his cool guy lines always cracks me up.

Edit: Mirage basically:
    https://youtu.be/gPgHLWYMUkQ

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I just wish he'd learn some synonyms for bamboozled.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I just wish he'd learn some synonyms for bamboozled.

Apparently "Times Bamboozled" is one of the stat tracker options with him.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There's a really great zen loop to this game, I've played it for almost 4 hours two nights in a row and it didn't feel like that long at all. Right now the loop is "drop, loot, try to find the best positions to be in, die immediately in first gunfight I encounter" so it's not exactly the ideal outcome but I'm still enjoying it.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    n42d2tfcpvzk.jpeg

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Okay the game just hard crashed to desktop with zero warning while I was in the middle of a really good game

So it's the worst thing ever made, basically

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Huh. The portal lady can use both her portal move and her warp/invisible move at the same time.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Huh. The portal lady can use both her portal move and her warp/invisible move at the same time.

Yeah and she books it while running to place a second portal. Using both together can basically let you run through an enemy squad to set a flanking portal

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Just had a pretty great match with a very funny end. Good pair of randos, lots of ping communicated tactics, won some tense fights early on. One of them unfortunately then dropped half way through, so just 2 of us heading into the end game. Pick up a legendary Kraber sniper, get some good hits in against some holed up squads while the circle closes in on the waste treatment plant. Final shootout ends up being on the second story of one of the buildings, each of our squads in a big room with a long hallway in between trading gunfire and grenades back and forth. Drop my Gibraltar shield in the middle of the hallway so we can go offensive and charge in, take out 2 of the enemy squad while the 3rd drops to the first story and runs outside. We catch our breath knowing we have the number advantage, then realize that the last enemy was a Pathfinder, and he just ran outside and grappled to the roof where we can't get him because the circle is so tight. End up sitting around for a while chatting with my partner and laughing about this anticlimactic end until my ultimate charges, then run outside and chuck an artillery strike on the roof, and boom! Victory!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Time for Monday Night Combat BR

this but unironically
    make it small scale like 20-30 players

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Second unexpected instant-crash to desktop and this time during the very end of a game my squad was about to win

This happens a third time and I can't play again until it's patched

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I thought I left the matchmaking queue while I went grab a snack.

when I got back I found out I was afk for the entire drop while a firefight happened around me.

I was playing Mirage.
    I didn't last much longer but managed to get 2 kills out of it so w/e

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

First match and I got mostly carried by two way better people but still great

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    got another win! this time with an actual squad

I wish there was some sort of progression outside of earning loot boxes, but this game is so fun and breezy that I don't mind too much.

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    got another win! this time with an actual squad

I wish there was some sort of progression outside of earning loot boxes, but this game is so fun and breezy that I don't mind too much.

They will do the battle pass thing. It probably just unlocks more cosmetics but it is something to fill.

• Options
    I figured out why my Origin wasn't giving me any notifications or sounds for invites so I should stop missing 90% of them now.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    This is neat and I like the things it's doing to try to be more unique, but the fact remains that I'm incapable of surviving an encounter in one of these games
    I barely get a chance to fire my gun so it's mostly a skydiving and running simulator

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Second unexpected instant-crash to desktop and this time during the very end of a game my squad was about to win

This happens a third time and I can't play again until it's patched

Habe you tried memtest86? Sudden crashes like this can be faulty memory, too

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    This is neat and I like the things it's doing to try to be more unique, but the fact remains that I'm incapable of surviving an encounter in one of these games
    I barely get a chance to fire my gun so it's mostly a skydiving and running simulator

This game has a pretty long time to kill once you get a shield and a helmet, so if you don't know where you are being shot from making a mad dash to cover while sliding is actually a pretty legit strategy until you can get the bearings for your enemies.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    I'm still bad at the long-range plinking shots across a divide fights, but my 'grapple or zip into shotgun range' game is definitely getting better

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I don't know how anyone over the age of 30 can still play competitive shooters on a mouse and keyboard.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Fun fact: If you're respawning and your teammate(s) get killed while you're in the dropship you just lose and don't get to respawn.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Peewi wrote: »
    Fun fact: If you're respawning and your teammate(s) get killed while you're in the dropship you just lose and don't get to respawn.

That fact isn't very fun at all

I was sold a bill of goods

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone over the age of 30 can still play competitive shooters on a mouse and keyboard.

How so? The only thing preventing me from playing at the same level as back then is lack of training. On the contrary, playing fps with a controller always feels like the second best option, no matter how well it works.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

what would make you say that? if you're that old then you definitely probably at least have a lot of experience at it :P

• Options

How so? The only thing preventing me from playing at the same level as back then is lack of training. On the contrary, playing fps with a controller always feels like the second best option, no matter how well it works.

I can't compete on mouse and keyboard anymore at all, younger players wreck me every time. I was never super good at it in the first place, only middling at best... But now that my reflexes are slowing down and arthritis is starting? Give me a controller every time. It levels the playing field a bit and let's shooters be more accessible which is an important part of competetive games that most competetive games ignore in favor of higher skill ceiling.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Only thing I wonder about with Apex is longevity.

They seem to be using the cosmetics for sale model that Overwatch and Fortnite do. Which is fine but if I'm being honest the game doesn't have half as much style as those do.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Lifeline's mall goth skin is very good

Also fortnite is hideous imho.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...I'm not a huge fan of Fortnite's art style either but I do think things "pop" more if that makes sense.

• Options
    Eh I disagree? I don't know if it's just that I don't dig it but fortnite doesn't seem to have a good unifying aesthetic?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    How do you know if the people wrecking you are younger?

The headshot wizard I know is 32.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am SustyRhackleford on Xbox and I will see just how miserably terrible I am at a game like this, I assume highly miserably terrible

• Options
    Eh I disagree? I don't know if it's just that I don't dig it but fortnite doesn't seem to have a good unifying aesthetic?

That's not really what I'm referring too.
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    How do you know if the people wrecking you are younger?

The headshot wizard I know is 32.

Yeah...I can't tell you if my reaction speed is actually slower or whatever but I still do pretty well in games like these. Biggest difference is I can't just play them non-stop and memorize everything anymore.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i think the base character design is pretty fun in apex, but a cursory glance at the cosmetics make em seem fairly uninspired (vs fortnite’s total character and model overhauls)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    won a match after playing five, only got two kills and someone in our group got 7 so I deffo got carried but I guess this means I beat the whole game

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i generally consider myself to have pretty good aim w/ mouse and keyboard BUT

it's not a critique of this game specifically but a LOT of newer shooters is

someone somewhere decided that all video game guns should project their bullets at roughly the speed you can throw a frisbee, and I am not too terribly interested in that. if my AR has spinfusor projectile speed, I expect splash damage, damnit!

• Options
    The cosmetics seem pretty much what you get in Overwatch - a dozen boring recolors, a few interesting recolors (the weird glowy ones in this case), two actually interesting remodels, and two recolors of those. The banner stuff seems unique and interesting though I really like those.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I can't believe I'm actually winning games. It probably helps that it's squads only. In my 100 hours of PUBG my only win was a squad game, but I mostly played solo.