As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Oh. Huh. Something appears to have entered my Chaldea through a mysterious portal.

pep7VgQl.jpg

:D

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh, more good news for the gendered 3 different Valentines banners:

Story locked servants are in there. I repeat, story locked servants are in there.

Please come home Gorgon.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    JAGUAR WARRIOR

I NEED TWO MORE, LET'S FUCKIN GO

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Oh dang, I wonder how good the Camelot 3* Saber rate is in the male banner

...I think everyone knows who that is by now, but since there are a couple new people here I’ll leave the name out just in case

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Oh dang, I wonder how good the Camelot 3* Saber rate is in the male banner

...I think everyone knows who that is by now, but since there are a couple new people here I’ll leave the name out just in case

Oh. They might not be in there. Because reasons. All the other story ones are though.

We'll have to check if they are in on banner launch.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    he's basically the one story-locked Servant that's a legitimate spoiler, yeah (other than maybe Gorgon)

come Epic of Remnant they'll try to fix this by only unlocking their True Name upon getting to certain points in the story
    so, for example, the three main Servants in EOR1 are Assassin of Shunjuku, Archer of Shinjuku, and Avenger of Shinjuku
    they're a bit more clever about the naming in EOR2 onwards, and I don't know if it ever really works all that well, but at least it lets people pull spoileriffic Servants without getting spoiled on the story?

Neveron wrote: »
    he's basically the one story-locked Servant that's a legitimate spoiler, yeah (other than maybe Gorgon)

come Epic of Remnant they'll try to fix this by only unlocking their True Name upon getting to certain points in the story
    so, for example, the three main Servants in EOR1 are Assassin of Shunjuku, Archer of Shinjuku, and Avenger of Shinjuku
    they're a bit more clever about the naming in EOR2 onwards, and I don't know if it ever really works all that well, but at least it lets people pull spoileriffic Servants without getting spoiled on the story?

And come Lostbelt 3 they removed the statue of limitations on EOR spoilers and allow them to be un-hidden in Events and other appearances.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I really love Raita's male designs.
    (Edit: Whoops, too large. shrunk down.)

Is the one in the chair supposed to be Lestrade?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    https://youtu.be/Olwr1bgoang

Please Come Home.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    I really love Raita's male designs.
    (Edit: Whoops, too large. shrunk down.)

Is the one in the chair supposed to be Lestrade?

I think it’s Munenori

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Just pulled a Jaguar Warrior, so I can confirm story locks are on the banner!

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    NP3 Saber
    NP3 Anne & Mary
    NP5 Jaguar Warrior

At least it's consistent.

Last time I stopped playing for like two weeks. Now I'm a bit more invested, but I can't think of another Servant to look forward to. X and XA never show up again as far as I know. There's XX I guess? But I just scrolled through the Servant list again and most ones that caught my eye were freebies. Which aren't as compelling.

I guess I can just...stop rolling, though.

uyvfOQy.png
    X and XA both return, though not for a while. January 2020 for X, February 2021 for XA.

Minor spending intentions, but not going too hard.

22 Tickets...
    Ticket 13 - Formalcraft (already have MLB...)

Pull 1 - Cute Orangette, Cute Orangette, 1 4* CE
    Pull 2 - Anne&Mary, 2 4* CEs

Could be a lot worse.

Buy-in 1...

Pull 3 - 1 4* CE
    Pull 4 - Altria NP2, Chocolate Angel
    Pull 5 - Ibaraki NP2 (spoooooook), 500-Year Obsession, 1 4* CE
    Pull 6 - 2 4* CEs
    Pull 7 - 2 4* CEs

That...well, a SSR is still good I guess.

Buy-in 2...

Pull 8 - 1 4* CE (ha ha ha)
    Pull 9 - 4 4* CEs (c'mon...)
    Pull 10 - 3 4* CEs (...)
    Pull 11 - Imaginary Around, Tamamo Cat NP3 (FUCK), 2 4* CEs
    Pull 12 - 1 4* CE
    Pull 13 - Before Awakening, 1 4* CE

...itai yo...

....wasn't planning on it...

...but I'm too tilted to let it end like that.

Buy-in 3...

Pull 14 - huh, small loading blip before the pull

...!?

ms3UFZ4l.png

ECCHAN, 1 4* CE

First SSR Berserker get! Just need a SSR Ruler and I'll have at least one of every class finally. And save the rest of my Quartz for later. :D

Lesson learned, just pull until you tilt, then pull more.

...is this how that FFBE story starts? Fuck.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Camelot 3* is in the Male lineup. No rate up, they're there. I'm surprised.

Trial quest was great and adorable. I don't regret my MHX Grail decision. She's better every scene. And Ecchan is adorable.

5 Tickets: Nothing (2 Taigas, but I already have her at NP5)

10 Pulls.
    1: 3 4* CE
    2: 5* CE
    3: Mysterious Heroine X Alter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit... do I keep rolling for CEs and to try for NP2? I budgeted so much more.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    The 30 tickets and 60 quartz I had saved up got me some event CEs and nothing else of note. Then I had to leave for work early today. I'll probably put a bit of money into the banner at some point, maybe when the big event CE rolls around.

PSN|AspectVoid
    4: Nothing.
    5: 3* CE, Rare Prisim
    6: Rare Prism, Mordred NP2!
    7: Gorgon! 2030! 4* CE, Rare Prism
    8: 4* CE x3, 3* XE se
    9: 5* CE, 4* CE, Ana NP3, Orion NP4!
    10: 3* CE
    11: 4* CE x2, Rare Prism
    12: 4* CE
    13: 3* CE
    14: Develish Bodhisattva
    15: Artoria NP4!

....well, that's my full budget. No NP2 for MHXA but... wtf at the spooks.

edited February 2019
    And I tilted over my saved budget... God damn me.

7 more rolls. MHXA NP2. And 2 more 5* CEs for MLB. And Gorgon NP2.

I am so glad my only other must haves this year are Parvati and Nero Caster.

vagrant_winds on
    20 tickets brought me a cute orangette, two chocolate angels, and a Jaguar Warrior

I only need one more JW to NP5, but I figure it's not worth the quartz

Also I rolled 0 of the 3* event CE. Then I rolled like 100,000 FP and also got no 3* event CE

Weird.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Ten tickets got me two 3* CEs, Jaguar NP2, and some actual real garbage!

Ten tickets got me two 3* CEs, Jaguar NP2, and some actual real garbage!

How'd you pull Ishtar and Eresh, they aren't on this banner

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    *looks at the total list of Servants I can get chocolate from*

Hmm...

*looks at the total list of Servants I can give chocolate to*

Hmmmmm...

Help me

My I have no right to complain image for when I went for NP2...

efvmv2d.jpg

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    As always, reading about people throwing houndreds of SQ for a banner and not getting any SSR fill me with dread.

I should have 180-210 SQ and 34 tickets for my planned banner, which should give me close to 50 % chance for rolling SSR.

When I will fail to do so, I will cry. A lot.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Did two ten rolls, got double Medea Lily.

Out of respect for Medea proper I will continue to never use her, or even really remember she exists.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Five tickets, utter garbage (one 3* event CE I don't need... I'll just use chocolates/event CE from last year to farm this years). Saving continues for summer and Nero.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    As always, reading about people throwing houndreds of SQ for a banner and not getting any SSR fill me with dread.

I should have 180-210 SQ and 34 tickets for my planned banner, which should give me close to 50 % chance for rolling SSR.

The trick is to never set your heart on getting a particular Servant. You will naturally accrue a roster of good people.

Let my madness today be a warning.

ph blake wrote: »

Out of respect for Medea proper I will continue to never use her, or even really remember she exists.

Forget @BugBoy, you're my actual twin

ph blake wrote: »

Forget @BugBoy, you're my actual twin

But Medea Lily is great and it's still Medea inside.

edited February 2019
    Medea Lily is good during her scene at the end of Okeanos and other than that just seems to be written as generically cutesy with maybe a tiny bit of an edge

I kinda feel like she's a missed opportunity

Butler For Life #1 on
    Medea Lily is good during her scene at the end of Okeanos and other than that just seems to be written as generically cutesy with maybe a tiny bit of an edge

I kinda feel like she's a missed opportunity

Have you not done her interludes? She's crazy.

Both versions of Medea have the same memories.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Well I didn’t get lucky in 5 tickets and 80 dollars(6 Ten pulls)

Which means I will more than likely have to spend more than 500 dollars if I really want MHXA.

I need a moment to digest this.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Which means I will more than likely have to spend more than 500 dollars if I really want MHXA.

Stop, seriously (My vote is always for stop pulling and move on, but).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

500 bucks is a sizeable downpayment on a flight to Japan, where one can purchase MXHA goods

500 bucks is a sizeable downpayment on a flight to Japan, where one can purchase MXHA goods
    Yeah, but who has the PTO to do that?

Asthariel wrote: »

The trick is to never set your heart on getting a particular Servant. You will naturally accrue a roster of good people.
    Specifically, don't get your heart set on SSRs at all. I had a SSR spook here before finally getting Ecchan but I've had LONG strings in the past of no SSR before going deep to get what I wanted.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I spent three hundred quartz failing to get Merlin, and then got Musashi in a yolo ticket. Randomness is very random, it turns out.

Note also that there are people who have spent thousands of dollars failing to get the Servant they wanted. Gambling's bad for your health.