As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Takumi with his Fujin Yumi refine, running Atk/Spd Bond in both the A slot and seal, Blue Flame, and probably Special Spiral.

Am I insane to think this is kind of interesting and unique? Turns the mobility on his disappointing refine into good adjacent units for Bonds and Blue Flame, and dials up his solid-but-underwhelming-by-modern-powercreep-standards offensive stats into something threatening.

Kasyn on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Oh btw, the person who made the awesome CYL chart has updated it for CYL3 results:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M9c7Xounc_tT9_QlTkjPtY5XiRMBiH-PhFWW68OASPw/edit#gid=1791687170

Fun to see how the rankings changed between CYL1 -> 2 -> 3. Like Alm got 43,500 more votes than CYL2 and 60,309 over CYL1 (which is understandable cuz CYL1 was literally Gaiden Alm... Echoes wasn't out yet). Meanwhile Tharja loses more ground each CYL :P

Edit: Interesting there's definitely some backlash over the Fates royals. Everyone except Camilla and Leo basically keep going down each CYL. Hope this tells IS something when it comes time to decide future banners to do.

There also seems to be an overall renewed interest in Radiant characters who keep going up in popularity on the whole. I guess they don't get too many alts typically (what is it, like Ike, Elincia, Mia and Michaiah with alts? And Ike doesn't even have a seasonal alt which kind of surprises me given his popularity...) (edit: Oops, also Sanaki I guess, but it's like, PoR Sanaki vs. RD Sanaki even then) (also edit: Ha, looking at the page just for this game, almost everyone went up in votes EXCEPT the four Laguz we just got on a banner and Mia and Sanaki randomly. At least in the top spots - towards the bottom a few went down but they have so few votes anyways)

Also Mangs would be happy with the explosion of Louise votes :P She's the 2nd most popular unreleased character behind Selkie.

(also Valbar not being in the top 100 makes me super sad... I swear Rinea is only so high for trolly end-game-ish spoilery reasons... which screw you Cipher for spoiling that for me on Berkut's card!). Also seriously, people voted for Conrad over Valbar? People actually liked Conrad? :/

High five Valbar-voters. Guess I'll check how my seven did:

59. Velouria
    68. Keaton
    69. Rinkah
    145. Gerik
    281. Tethys
    297. Valbar
    368. Leon

(Leon is waaaay too low.)

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Someone suggested the sword looks like it could be Tyrfing. Could be Genealogy which would be neat.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Please god be one of the games I don't care about. I don't feel strong, but I neeeed to keep these orbs!

I've been trying to figure out who these characters are. It almost looks like to me the one on the left has cat ears or something similar with little flowers on them (then hauling something on their back, or else with super thick flowing long hair).

The one on the right weirdly looks like it could be Owain, though I hope not (I like Owain but I feel like we just got one of him).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    (then hauling something on their back, or else with super thick flowing long hair).
    Looks like a scarf with tassels on the end to me.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited February 2019
    (then hauling something on their back, or else with super thick flowing long hair).
    Looks like a scarf with tassels on the end to me.

No not that part, that's definitely a scarf. I'm talking about the big wad of something on the top. It might be a cape or hair or something else, not sure

Edit: Oh, though I see what you mean, there's a scarf up top too. I'm not sure that whole thing is a scarf though

Warlock82 on
    A lot of the silhouete's bulk might be a cape or coat billowing in the wind behind him all anime style.

3DS Friend Code:
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Young Hector with Young Armads

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Plot twist: Armads is the actual character this time and Hector is the weapon.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    I can't quite put my finger on that sword though. I looked at Tyrfling, missiletain, and audhulma but while they all have roughly similar crossguards, non of them have that ornamentation at the base of the blade.

3DS Friend Code:
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I was tracking in the top 3k for aether raids all week, just hoping this uber long season would end. Then today I got absolutely wrecked on both attacks.

First one had an obscenely buffed Naesala (bonus stats) sharing range with a Duma and both legendary Renais twins. Two dancers behind, of course. Naesala had quickened pulse Luna, and I'm pretty sure he would have wrecked most of my units. In retrospect I should have tried a Surtr bait, but oh well, my team didn't have him. I did a danced Reinhardt double kill but then Duma and Naesala ran over 4/5 of my team before I eked out 20 lift.

Second one looked doable. Two dancers range out front, where my Ike could bait and kill em. That Ophelia is far enough back that she won't matter... Wait, why is Ophelia moving first to rally someone?? And now she's double danced and has special spiral? Fuuuuuuuu-

Goodbye, sweet golden throne.

edited February 2019
    I am teetering on the edge of getting into tier 20. I don't think it will happen, but I'm like 200ish points away... :/

Edit: Actually I think it's impossible, since I need ~280 points and I only have tomorrow. *sigh* Hopefully when the whole point thingy changes after tomorrow it's way easier to get at least to tier 21. I don't even give a shit about the new higher tiers so much as just wanting to get to a point where I'm not rolling a boulder up a hill like Sisyphus. At least once I get to tier 21 it's like "you are here, you can get *more* rewards but you'll always at least get this"

P.S. - like 3 or 4 times this week I've gotten a full defense win AFTER the initial one where I only kill 0-2 guys and take some point loss so it doesn't count. It's like, come onnnnn game.

I am curious how this change to spring breeze or whatever will effect my defense strategy. I assume they're taking walls out. TBH I can probably still make my strat work - I was already doing something similar on I think the ruins map? Or the desert one?

Warlock82 on
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    On the bright side, I had 8 defenses in a row that were either success or zero lift loss (defeated 4).

Seriously, watching replays of people getting completely okie-doked by special spiral Lilina is so satisfying

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I finally cleared my first Abyssal map. Made some skill/seal tweaks to my flier team and managed to take down Narcian, earning that sweet Gold Mysterious Mask!

edited February 2019
    https://youtu.be/lTRjb-XkXTs

Ok, I approve

Also weird mage Titania is the free hero (I dunno, just never picture her as a mage :P)

Warlock82 on

Ok, I approve

Also weird mage Titania is the free hero (I dunno, just never picture her as a mage :P)

They need to stop making armor units whose character art/sprites depict people who are not wearing armor whatsoever.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2019

Ok, I approve

They need to stop making armor units whose character art/sprites depict people who are not wearing armor whatsoever.

Yeah that would be nice.. haha.. although it is fun to mock half-naked Tharja being an armor :)

The funny thing is I considered Ike for the right silhouette but thought the build and hair were slightly off. That's cuz it was his father. Haha.

Warlock82 on
    I think tharja was the first questionable armor unit depending on whether or not you count Halloween Henry as questionable. He at least has a huge coffin that he uses as a tower shield that makes a nod to the heavy armor units. But then they kept making not-armors, and it's kind of like a comedian who keeps re-using the same punchline over and over.

3DS Friend Code:
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The weapon effect seems really good on the ranged units. Easy to have that just happen.

Ike is some grade A+ fodder there too.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Noooooo Fury 4 noooooo

Ike looks great, though. A fairly fast armor unit with special fighter, DC, and radiant aether? If his res is okay then he'll be disgusting.

s7Imn5J.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    ike and soren on the valentine's banner, huh

finally, a good call

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Only one I really care about is Ike but I'll probably wait until after the Legendary banner. The really tempting pull is Lilina from last year....

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Yeah, Ike looks extremely solid. I'm actually quite surprised at how underwhelming Fury 4 ended up being, though. Sturdy Impact and Fortress Def/Res 3 really set my expectations sky high for these powercreep refines, but I'm pretty meh on that outside of the few units who want to get to some < HP threshold with a quickness.

Several good things about these seasonals. While I will never pursue seasonals because they aren't the aesthetics I want from a fire emblem game, they are better if:

They're not always the same heroes/game
    They don't have broken prfs
    They have good fodder so if you get them on a legendary banner they are useful

Add in the fact that it's the first male majority banner in.. maybe ever? And it's a good surprise.

edited February 2019
    Honestly I was just thinking the other day how we haven't really gotten many Tellius seasonals so far, so this is nice IMO. It's weird that this is the fourth Ike but the first seasonal Ike :P I hope Soren flirts with Ike during the story :P

Warlock82 on
    Wow

(FYI if you don't recognize, that's Mist and Ike's mother from a flashback in-game)

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/anpzsz/abyssal_frobin_using_only_level_1_units/

This is bananas. Create an immovable wall with a refined Tyrfing, then chip away...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    edited February 2019
    Well, this is about the best I can do. Exhausted all the 30 flying flower heroic ordeals I could and did a couple of the 8 flower ones. Can get a few more but don't think enough for the last stat just yet (the stupid thing is I think the last stat is Res which I'd LOVE to have more of) (edit: Ok, did most of the other flier ones and got her to +5)
    a9y4fv61w52p.png

Also Nino's refine is fucking nuts. Holy shit, even attack wave on a bladetome weapon?! I bought Oboro's (close defense, niiiice) which was a straight upgrade over what I had before (+DEF Slaying Spear), but I think Nino comes next. I like Tharja's too - nice Awakening skill reference there. Seth's is trash (basically the same as Titania's only Speed Tactic) and the Durandal refine is just swift sparrow? Like, I feel Blazing Durandal is just flat out better...

Warlock82 on
    Flowers?

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2019
    Warlock82 on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Flowers?

I'm guessing it's in the 100mb update that just came out.

edited February 2019
    Oh! I just noticed this:
    uayniy1doqhd.png

This is a pretty damn nice QoL change.

Edit:

Interesting seal choices. Darting Blow might actually be pretty good? I always hated it as a skill but that's cuz it took up the A slot.

Also:

Warlock82 on
    Oh hey, a chance to finally use my Baby Ike and two MiaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OH MY GOD IT'S AEROBATICS!

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    well that skill transfer thing makes sense given the increased level on many of the new skills

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    well that skill transfer thing makes sense given the increased level on many of the new skills

More importantly, it means that I can use a single Bike to transfer both steady breath and aether.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited February 2019
    Yooooo that skill transfer thing is pretty nice if you get extra copies of Valentines Ike. Distant Counter + Special Fighter 1-3.

Hey, Greil too. Fury 4 + Armor March. Or if you wanna transfer his axe, you can get a free Aether when you also give away Fury 4.

Actually this change is just good all around for the 4th level skills, since they're all on chase units who are stacked with skills.

Dr. Flamingo on
    Speaking of special fighter, I pulled a new brave Ephraim while attempting to summon Hinoka in a towel. Since I now have a duplicate, I can allow myself to fodder one off. I'm trying to decide who should get it.

Christmas Fae would probably be good with it because she's adorable and amazing. Although I also kinda want to give it to arden since I think that he can pretty much take on anyone who uses physical damage, color triangle be damned, with it. I can also upgrade arden now with grails, and I'm tempted to so that he can be the strongest and the toughest guy around. Or maybe I should put it on effie or some other common armor that I can more realistically merge up.

3DS Friend Code:
    Ahh so nice to see the merge changes at last. A sudden cure for my -at +spd merged Celica, a fix for my -spd Tana, a nice round 40 HP for my +10 Soren. Love it.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Since I like disappointment I went and looked at the IVs of all the single 5*s I have, and half of them have -Atk, including all the ones I like. :/