As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Overall performance seems way better on the Switch now.

Game loads faster, hangs less and hasn't crashed once since the update, even on PoE.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Is the PoE load time reduced? It was like 1 full minute or 1:30 or something before.

There's a PoE equivalent in Fortuna, right? What's that load time like?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    It's been around 30 seconds for me. Seems shorter than PoE.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    @Happy Chunks
    Got https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Drop_Tables added to the OP, thanks again!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    "Wow, RNG gave me the Garuda BPs really quickly, like 1 or 2 runs of each bounty max! Sweet!" *looks at resource requirements* *weeps openly*

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    "Wow, RNG gave me the Garuda BPs really quickly, like 1 or 2 runs of each bounty max! Sweet!" *looks at resource requirements* *weeps openly*

The gems are tradable. When I hit rank 4 with SU I finished my lato/braton vandals by trading gems for parts.
    On a related note, I still need parts from Redeemer Prime and Akjawhatever Prime.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Anti-Sean wrote: »

The gems are tradable. When I hit rank 4 with SU I finished my lato/braton vandals by trading gems for parts.
    On a related note, I still need parts from Redeemer Prime and Akjawhatever Prime.

Ah, that's a good point, thanks for reminding me. I can still whine, though, right? It's what I'm best at!

For instance, just now I dropped into a relic run just before capture, and didn't collect enough reactant in time, so of course the Frost Prime DP drops for someone. Ah well, such is life!

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Woo ember and frost prime out of the oven and maxed along with a couple weapons. Got enough mastery to do the 14 challenge, which was a joke compared to some of the others before it. Also got another rank of fortuna rep. I can like almost make a good kitgun now. I want to make the submachine gun build, so i think i need 1-2 more ranks.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hey, where's @Foefaller 's wonderful illustration of how Limbo works? May I post it to Reddit, with credit (oh that rhymes oops). I kinda want to slap every person who whines about Limbo in the face with it, because honestly it makes him make so much more sense (and made him go from "what am i doing" to "BEST FRAME EVAR")

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hey, where's @Foefaller 's wonderful illustration of how Limbo works? May I post it to Reddit, with credit (oh that rhymes oops). I kinda want to slap every person who whines about Limbo in the face with it, because honestly it makes him make so much more sense (and made him go from "what am i doing" to "BEST FRAME EVAR")

Hating Limbo is a meme now, basically.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

It's not going to change minds. while it is very useful to a player new to limbo, it doesn't mitigate any of the reasons he's hated (to group with, not to be the one playing)

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    for the longest time i had no idea how to get out of being in limbo. i just thought everything was lagging because i couldnt interact with anything. Come to find out you have to sprint/roll which i didnt even know was a thing, let alone that you needed to do it to be able to attack stuff. Then it's irritating when stuff like the bubble makes it so you cant install a datamass or something. Good limbos are awesome to have on your team, but inconsiderate ones can just make things more frustrating than they need to be.

Enigmedic wrote: »
    for the longest time i had no idea how to get out of being in limbo. i just thought everything was lagging because i couldnt interact with anything. Come to find out you have to sprint/roll which i didnt even know was a thing, let alone that you needed to do it to be able to attack stuff. Then it's irritating when stuff like the bubble makes it so you cant install a datamass or something. Good limbos are awesome to have on your team, but inconsiderate ones can just make things more frustrating than they need to be.

I mean this basically comes back down to "Warframe is really bad at explaining how to Warframe."

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Warframe and Path of Exile are competing to see who can create the most inaccurate and obscure tooltips.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Warframe and Path of Exile are competing to see who can create the most inaccurate and obscure tooltips.

Did you know that in addition to its actually listed effects, Power Throw also makes the weapon explode on its final bounce? Congratulations on reading the wiki.

I think playing the game is fairly straightforward for a new person. Its a lot of the subsystems that dont make a lot of sense. Like how levels dont matter and mods do, how to get more frames, what relics are/do, that there is even trading (and what you can/cant trade), and how lots of abilities do extra stuff than whats in their descriptions. Actually picking a mission and shooting things is pretty standard gameplay i think.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    For a good example, I was reading Gara's wiki page. Almost all her abilities have multiple paragraphs of interaction with each other compared to the barely two sentence you get in game.

Hellbore wrote: »
    For a good example, I was reading Gara's wiki page. Almost all her abilities have multiple paragraphs of interaction with each other compared to the barely two sentence you get in game.

There is literally no way to know in game that 1. casting Mass Vitrefy refreshes Splinter Storm and that 2. Exploding Mass Vitrefy with Shattered Lash while Splinter Storm is active ramps up Splinter Storm's damage as long as its duration doesn't lapse.

And look, I managed to explain that shit in two sentences. No, I don't have the exact damage multipliers, but you don't need that to at least know that *hey doing this does a thingy*, Digital Extremes :|

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Nezha's also got a ton of interactions between his abilities that are mentioned nowhere. And of course Nova's Null Star was long thought of as useless because for years nothing in the game mentioned getting significant damage reduction from it.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wait, not Nezha wasn't the frame I most recently went to the wiki page of and was shocked by all the stuff the game doesn't mention, I was thinking of Revenant. Like every one of his abilities has at least two ways it interacts with all of his other abilities and the game mentions nearly none of it.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Hey, where's Foefaller 's wonderful illustration of how Limbo works? May I post it to Reddit, with credit (oh that rhymes oops). I kinda want to slap every person who whines about Limbo in the face with it, because honestly it makes him make so much more sense (and made him go from "what am i doing" to "BEST FRAME EVAR")

Ask and ye shall receive!

(Fun fact, I found it searching for "Limbo Chibis")

steam_sig.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be honest, even knowing how limbo works now, that post makes him seem even more complicated

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Man, I need to forma a weapon for these sortie assassinates with elemental resistance. My soma is not really working that great

steam_sig.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I've been playing around with the first non-sucky amp, and it's impressing me. I'm not sure if I like the normal fire (I dislike using semi-automatic weapons in general), but the charged secondary is neat since you can charge it up in void mode and only briefly pop out whenever you shoot.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Man, I need to forma a weapon for these sortie assassinates with elemental resistance. My soma is not really working that great

Alternatively some sorties are not worth doing. Plenty of good elemental weapons though, personally I like the arca plasmor because aiming is inconvenient.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    I take Gara into anything with elemental resistance.

Start building up Splinter Storm and just run through things. It's 100% physical damage so it cuts them down pretty quick.

No need to even fire my gun.

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I think playing the game is fairly straightforward for a new person. Its a lot of the subsystems that dont make a lot of sense. Like how levels dont matter and mods do, how to get more frames, what relics are/do, that there is even trading (and what you can/cant trade), and how lots of abilities do extra stuff than whats in their descriptions. Actually picking a mission and shooting things is pretty standard gameplay i think.

oh man, I have to agree to disagree here. I'm loving the game now, but i just started playing a week ago and I nearly threw my controller at the wall on day two. And this was the second time I'd picked up the game because I thought it looked cool but couldn't get past the low level mechanics. I think the crucial bit here is a lot of the subsystems directly impact play.

Like, you start doing just the first two quests and you're likely to be dying all the time because you let the game auto your mods. Why? There is literally a tooltip that says auto-modding will be better for beginners lol. I've had to do a lot of online research and I signed up for the twitch trial to get Trinity Prime and the sniper prime before feeling like i had a chance on quests and lvl 10+ levels. Now I'm getting and understanding mods better, and I've been jumping back to Excalibur and my starting weapons to build mastery. I guess the gunplay and abilities are easy enough, but parkouring around is so critical to having fun in the levels and the game barely helps you understand how you can move.

Yeah, i just gotta say this game is so damn obscure, possibly because its so big and evolved at this point. Again, newbie issue, but I spent plat on loadouts at first because I did not realize how inventory worked. I thought the loadouts dictated how many warframes you could own lol. And then I kept pursuing answers because guides mentioned weapon slots and I figured out i was an idiot. I'm not new to games, but there's a lot to warframe that is kind of counter-intuitive.

All that aside though, loving the game so far. Got my first kubrow in the heat seat and about to start the archwing missions. Just got all the BPs for Rhino too, but now i have to lookup where to get a lot of the mats lol. Glad I stuck with this game this time around.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Alternatively some sorties are not worth doing. Plenty of good elemental weapons though, personally I like the arca plasmor because aiming is inconvenient.

I don't think I've skipped a sortie in a couple of months, there are some missions that are more of a struggle bus than others, but none are worth skipping in my opinion. Yeah, you might need to take more than one attempt if you have team members quit out or if everyone is way underlevelled, but typically all you need is one person who is overgeared to do most of the heavy lifting.

steam_sig.png
    Baro has brought back the Primed Expel mods on PC so I get to save my ducats this week as I got them the last time around.

steam_sig.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I kinda want that prisma veritux and maybe the prisma gorgon, though. But sadly building Paracesis ate all my ducats.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So tonight (or maybe this afternoon if you're in the US) if you watch the dev livestream on twitch for 30min you get a kavat starter kit.
    Which is good.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Daimar wrote: »
    Baro has brought back the Primed Expel mods on PC so I get to save my ducats this week as I got them the last time around.

I swear he had those like a couple weeks ago : /
    Papagander wrote: »

oh man, I have to agree to disagree here. I'm loving the game now, but i just started playing a week ago and I nearly threw my controller at the wall on day two. And this was the second time I'd picked up the game because I thought it looked cool but couldn't get past the low level mechanics. I think the crucial bit here is a lot of the subsystems directly impact play.

Like, you start doing just the first two quests and you're likely to be dying all the time because you let the game auto your mods. Why? There is literally a tooltip that says auto-modding will be better for beginners lol. I've had to do a lot of online research and I signed up for the twitch trial to get Trinity Prime and the sniper prime before feeling like i had a chance on quests and lvl 10+ levels. Now I'm getting and understanding mods better, and I've been jumping back to Excalibur and my starting weapons to build mastery. I guess the gunplay and abilities are easy enough, but parkouring around is so critical to having fun in the levels and the game barely helps you understand how you can move.

Yeah, i just gotta say this game is so damn obscure, possibly because its so big and evolved at this point. Again, newbie issue, but I spent plat on loadouts at first because I did not realize how inventory worked. I thought the loadouts dictated how many warframes you could own lol. And then I kept pursuing answers because guides mentioned weapon slots and I figured out i was an idiot. I'm not new to games, but there's a lot to warframe that is kind of counter-intuitive.

All that aside though, loving the game so far. Got my first kubrow in the heat seat and about to start the archwing missions. Just got all the BPs for Rhino too, but now i have to lookup where to get a lot of the mats lol. Glad I stuck with this game this time around.

I think part of it for me was that i started on ps4 which is setup way easier to do bullet jumps and i started with excalbur there. Then i wanted a little more precision (and shorter loading times) and went to pc. So i guess i did a lot of the early stuff twice. And i knew what i needed to rebind on pc to make things easier. The starting hotkeys for pc are terrible. What system are you playing on/whats your ingame name? Might be able to help a bit, at least if youre on pc.

LyrKing on Xbox.

I didnt really have too many issues with basic gameplay, its just when you experiment with the parkour its a lot more fun to look at levels and how you can move and fight.

Really the worst issues I had (even with Excalibur) were enemies out-scaling my starter weapon dmg and not being able to take many hits at all when in swarms. I was hitting the auto-mod every time i raised mastery with a weapon, and even upgrading mods here and there. Altho i was tentative about that because I had no idea what was effective. But i was paper thin and hit like a wet noodle and didn't understand why.

Now I know, and I can use Excalibur with proper mods and starter weapons just about anywhere (which is good because my sniper prime from twitch is already max ranks lol, and I like to always be working towards something). Just something as simple as getting decent vitality and redirection leveled, and then focusing on a good serration, pressure point and hornet strike. There just wasn't anything in the system that straight out told me those mods would impact things so heavily.

I think my greatest frustration was the feeling of lack of effectiveness of weapons and being locked into so few of them. Most other games let you experience a wide variety of weapons immediately-even if you only get them for as long as the level where you stole it from an enemy lasts. It just felt very easy to be stuck in a rut within Warframe as a new player. If I hadn't taken a chance on the twitch free stuff, i wouldn't have lasted long enough to even want to do the research I have. Now though, I enjoy the freedom of knowing I can make almost anything work with the right frame and wpn mods, even if there will still be metas.

XBOne | LyrKing
    I was sort of the same way. I was like wtf do i do to get stronger? Then i got the twitch prime stuff for a promotion where i got prime for a month for like $4. Then i was like immortal as trinity, and it gave a bunch of mastery leveling a new frame. Then i basically just farmed up parts to build a bunch of frames, grinded relics and got some primes. By then i had a bunch of mods and could do most things. Then some nice people in the clan/alliance hooked me up with a maxed serration and some other mods, which was helpful.

Its kinda just daunting to figure out what to farm. Especially when you shoot something with your weapon and it does like 5% of somethings health, and some superpowered vet comes rampaging through and one shots entire rooms.

Yeah, really liking the game now but it was duanting as hell at first. And so frustrating on even simple things sometimes. But there's a lot to love too.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    A lot of people have said it before but pick one thing to work towards at a time, helps keep things from getting overwhelming.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Someone on Reddit made an informative post showing and explaining what all the in-game icons and shit mean. Go check it out!

JtgVX0H.png
    Meanwhile on the Switch, Baro has the Mara Detron.

Plus Primed Fever Strike, Ravage, Target Cracker and Slip Magazine and the Prisma Shade.

Mostly want that Mara Detron, time to trade in some prime stuff.

Meanwhile on the Switch, Baro has the Mara Detron.

Plus Primed Fever Strike, Ravage, Target Cracker and Slip Magazine and the Prisma Shade.

Mostly want that Mara Detron, time to trade in some prime stuff.

Don't skip target cracker, third best would be fever strike then the rest if you want to catch them all.

steam_sig.png
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Oh no target cracker now I need a shitload of ducats.

This discussion has been closed.