As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

podcast thread

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I’ve listened to every Punch Up the Jam, but this was the first time I actually listened to the punch up. I don’t know why, but I just never cared about their version, I just liked listening to them break down songs. But the ‘Come on Eileen’ punch up was pretty good, so now I’m wondering if I have to go back and listen to them all.

Do you just like, stop the episode when they start the punch up?

Straightzi on
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    WHAT

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    It’s up there with “Hoodie Allen”

What

No

goddammit

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I’ve listened to every Punch Up the Jam, but this was the first time I actually listened to the punch up. I don’t know why, but I just never cared about their version, I just liked listening to them break down songs. But the ‘Come on Eileen’ punch up was pretty good, so now I’m wondering if I have to go back and listen to them all.

Do you just like, stop the episode when they start the punch up?
    Yes.

I always have a ton of different podcasts qued up while I’m driving, when the get to the punch up I just skip to the next podcast in the que.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry but that seems insane to me

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Do you even know that unpunchable jams exist?!?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is there a place just to listen to the punch ups?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Is there a place just to listen to the punch ups?

You gotta subscribe to their Patreon for that, these days

Snake Gandhi, have you like, ever listened to the full episode? Like, was there a punch up that was real bad in your first episode and you just decided to not bother with them from then on? Or have always listened to the show in this way?

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Snake Gandhi, have you like, ever listened to the full episode? Like, was there a punch up that was real bad in your first episode and you just decided to not bother with them from then on? Or have always listened to the show in this way?
    I remember listening to the first episode and liking it, but when they got to the punch up I thought ‘you know, I really don’t want to hear two people who say they don’t know much about music do a bad version of this song I kind of like.’ And after that it just got to be a habit.
    rhylith wrote: »
    Do you even know that unpunchable jams exist?!?
    I would read them in the show notes, but I never got to that part of the podcast until today.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

100% yes, definitely. There are a bunch of spectacular ones.

I feel like What's Your Fantasy is probably my favorite.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    not listening to the punch ups is edging

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Before I eventually stopped listening to PutJ I for sure started skipping the punch ups first. They’re the weakest part of the show imo

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

The punch ups are very very good and often the best part of the episode

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The Punch ups are a real mixed bag but the good ones are really good. I straight up skipped the unpunchables for awhile though. There is usually some dead air between the the punch up and the unpunchables and my capacity for diversions almost always taps out.

Quire.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Demi has introduced me to some bands and songs via Unpunchable Jams so I always listen

CYpGAPn.png
    There are very few unpunchable jams that I actually agree with

But it's so much easier to just let a podcast play out than switch to something else, so I always listen through to the end

the only podcast I don't listen through to the end is MBMBAM because their plugs section is approximately as long as the rest of the podcast

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Austin's incredulity at the name "Larxene" was real good.

The best parts were "Excuse me? This guy is named Evan? And this other guy is named Dylan? What are these normal ass names doing next to Xehanort and Ansem" and then "oooooooh, they're spelled Even and Dilan".

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The punch ups are like that part at the end of a cinemasins video where he gets clips from the movie and edits his own jokes into them

*logs off the forums for the day*

alright yall he's gone get out the keg

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm gonna tape garbage bags onto the stairs and make it into a waterslide!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    i have never seen a keg party go well

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Was i not already supposed to have a keg out?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I'm not sure I've ever been to a keg party

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Was i not already supposed to have a keg out?

Keg means anime thread.

euj90n71sojo.png
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Where are you getting the water

CYpGAPn.png
    Gustav wrote: »

Keg parties ALWAYS go well

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    the only podcast I don't listen through to the end is MBMBAM because their plugs section is approximately as long as the rest of the podcast

Weirdly, my favourite bit of the Conan podcasts is the plug section

Keep paying down that Beach House and strongly advising me not to buy MeUndies for my wife's Valentine's Day, Conan

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Where are you getting the water

I'm gonna hook a hose up to the upstairs master bathroom's sink.

I say this with a significant amount of affection

I don't think the universe would actually allow you to be in the same place as a keg party

Gustav wrote: »

Keg parties ALWAYS go well

I guess I did get a scimitar out of the last one I got suckered into hosting

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I was never invited to keg parties

Or parties, really

I've lived in frat houses where parties were currently taking place, if that's anything

Etchwarts on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I don't want to drink keg beer nor drink beer with the type of people who do so I'm fine with missing keg parties

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I say this with a significant amount of affection

I don't think the universe would actually allow you to be in the same place as a keg party

Now I just want to know what would happen!

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Let's get some boxes of wine instead

Uriel wrote: »
    Oh rad so we can play slapbag! Good idea!

CYpGAPn.png
    There was the awards ceremony where they had kegs. But forgot to get some vital components to you know making a keg work. And as the only nominee that showed up on time I got enlisted to help with all that.

Anyways I'd say that winning the award was my prize for a good deed. But then my dad also ran himself over with a tractor right before I got my award. So I don't know.

aGPmIBD.jpg
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Oh rad so we can play slapbag! Good idea!

The ultimate float trip game tbh

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

They have significantly cut them down in the past weeks. They're only about 5 minutes long now! Possibly less!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
This discussion has been closed.