As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have won the [chat]tery

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Lose 23 pounds today by being stuck in a room with a farty man

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Just had a caller wanted someone in tech support who was a man "because ladies over there don't know anything" oh misogyny.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    tldr this guy is smelly im not lying someone else was like oh i know who you're talking about when i asked in a general sense what i might do about a problem such as this

its a fact

poo
  • Options
    tldr this guy is smelly im not lying someone else was like oh i know who you're talking about when i asked in a general sense what i might do about a problem such as this

its a fact

"Hello HR I'm being smell shamed by someone who posts on a website about cheap arcades."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    okay specifically he wants someone who spends enough time raking their psyche across the ever-shifting landscape of broken glass that is Azure's various interfaces

This is a surprisingly apt metaphor for using Azure.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    my boss took me out to lunch and wants me to become something called a cloud services manager

im not sure what that is but it sounds like it pays more than im making

no one knows, that's why it pays so well

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Lose 23 pounds today by being stuck in a room with a farty man

I wonder if that falls under hostile workplace enough to sue the company.

Surely there was another person who'd switch desks somewhere in that company.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    i wasn't sure if i had put 1 scoop or 2 scoops of protein powder in my shake so i put another but now maybe there's 3 scoops in there umm who knows

guys my coworker who has been looking at me weird and wrinkling his nose all week has the worst farts today should I go to HR

https://www.askamanager.org/2012/12/update-from-the-reader-with-the-farting-burping-coworker.html

Sometimes I feel bad with how often I burp from time to time, but at least I'm not that asshole.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I'm far, far too tired to go to the store to get dinner, was the main source of my despair as I lay here

then after a long good while I did a mental inventory of my larder and realized I can whip up some tacos

I'm far, far too tired to get up and start doing so, is the source of my despair and cause of my hunger now

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    they already changed the snowpocalypse forecast to say most of it will be tomorrow and not over the weekend, so my earlier prediction its all bullshit is on deck.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    my friend who works in HR at a decent sized company says ppl smells are a v common thing she has to deal with

poo
  • Options
    im going to go somewhere warm this weekend whew

poo
  • Options
    I saw switzerland gave women the right to vote in 1971. I've been trying to work a swiss banker joke in here and I just can't, much like a swiss banker asked to return money.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok I talked to the dentist. It looks like one of my three teeth that needs a crowning has a huge cavity so he recommends I do that one next before I end up needing a root canal. But he also said the whitening therapies can advance cavities so I’m like hm. I don’t want to commit to yellow teeth forever but I also don’t want to pick vivid ass white crowns only to find out that my natural teeth can’t be lightened that much. Hmmmm.

• Options
    my friend who works in HR at a decent sized company says ppl smells are a v common thing she has to deal with

I had to deal with it a few weeks ago. It was not great.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I saw switzerland gave women the right to vote in 1971. I've been trying to work a swiss banker joke in here and I just can't, much like a swiss banker asked to return money.

How deliciously droll

• Options
    Get gold crowns, they are timeless and fit with white or yellow teeth.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2019

Whoa they kept basic rights safely locked away for a long time.

I guess they declared neutral in the question of suffrage as well.

Think of how much more rights they earned as interest all those years they kept suffrage in the bank.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    just be like me and learn to smile without showing your teeth because your teeth yellowed back in middle school from the medication you were taking and you got hyper self conscious about it

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

i wish i currently had a direct manager because that'd be the easiest solution, my old manager switched teams and hasn't been replaced. i would've felt v comfortable talking to him and mentioning it, he was a very professional person

poo
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »

Whoa they kept basic rights safely locked away for a long time.

I guess they declared neutral in the question of suffrage as well.

Think of how much more rights they earned as interest all those years they kept suffrage in the bank.

Thank you Honk you're the hero we need.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I can't read the thread title without Battery going through my head.

We create the [chat]-ter-raaay!

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

I've shared this before,

But my old cat was a zombie once and made full recovery.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    group projects in school or in a workshop are dumb because no one has incentive to do it

Losing your job because your teammates have proof you're a slacker and the person who's writing checks cares about losing money over people not doing work is a legit fear IRL versus an instructor who doesn't give a shit and "will grade you all the same" because it's no hair off their back if someone's not pulling their weight.

It's a collective action problem that capitalism functions much better at fixing. Because the solution isn't "kick them out and do all the work yourself" which plenty of people are fine with, but the instructor will actively hamstring the group because "you have to learn to work together in the real world" and forces you to prop up the underperformers.

What's worse, is some instructors will put historically poor performers with high performers so they can "learn" from the high performers. As if that's a thing that will happen. Fucker if you couldn't teach them why do you think one of their peers will be able to teach them? The only thing that works is potentially bullying and ostracizing, but that only kind of works with adults, and even then not really because everyone will forget in a week.

yeah except in the real world the slacker piece of shit who doesn't do his fair share also bullshits his way into keeping his job and getting promoted

Yes this is why the team lead needs to do their job and document that. But it's easier to just go "fine I'll deal with it" that often they skate by.

But people who appropriately CYA it's much harder to get away with. But this is also why a lot of people hate unions. "They're just so hard to get rid of!" except they're not. You just have to like actually do your job and document someone being a shit worker. You can't just throw up your hands when the union blocks you from trying to fire them after 2 years of ignoring the problem and having no documentation to show they're a problem because it's easier to yell and scream at them instead of acting like an adult.

I always wonder WHERE to document this and how to avoid feeling like a shit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i wish i currently had a direct manager because that'd be the easiest solution, my old manager switched teams and hasn't been replaced. i would've felt v comfortable talking to him and mentioning it, he was a very professional person

Mention it to him anyway and ask him for his advice and how he would approach it. Get into the specifics, so you can borrow his professional words and actions to use yourself.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    A guy was trying to purchase a cellphone, tuesday afternoon.

For an unknown reason, the teller felt the need to ask a control question or two - what is your middle name, for example. So anyway he got arrested, the card was stolen.

either A. finely tuned intuition or B. dude's super obviously sketchy

leaning towards the latter because apparently he has eleven prior convictions, mostly for this kind of thing

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    im going to go somewhere warm this weekend whew

Wtf you just got back from vacation

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Apropos of nothing, I have a coworker who has a very annoying verbal tick, talks forever without listening to anyone, answers for women when I ask them direct questions, and... ugh. I try to respect and uplift and train him, but I'm at the end of my rope.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Apropos of nothing, I have a coworker who has a very annoying verbal tick, talks forever without listening to anyone, answers for women when I ask them direct questions, and... ugh. I try to respect and uplift and train him, but I'm at the end of my rope.

Abandon him in the woods

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    oh are we hating on coworkers because godamn do I ever need this break from the polish guy

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

So you have a male coworker?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Our new boss who starts in April will be coming in some day next week and maybe will take us in for an introductory meeting. Pretty exciting!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    they already changed the snowpocalypse forecast to say most of it will be tomorrow and not over the weekend, so my earlier prediction its all bullshit is on deck.

Eh NWS has an actual storm watch issued I don't think it's just KOMO looking for ratings.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Imagine walking over to a light switch you left on. Fuckin lol.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Yeah, this is why we have the reachin' broom

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

im suddenly concerned about your health

• Options
    oh this rather nice NRK article got popular enough to get officially properly translated and published by the BBC so now y'all can read it without being subject to mine or a norwegian redditor's translation

https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-47064773

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »

Eh NWS has an actual storm watch issued I don't think it's just KOMO looking for ratings.

FUCK YOU STEVE POOLE I TRUSTED YOU AS A KID AND YOU LET ME DOWN!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

My girlfriend's house has the worst setup for this

A light at the bottom of the stairs, and one at the top. Two switches at the bottom; the one closest to the top of the stairs affects the light at the bottom, and the switch farther from the top of the stairs affects the top. One switch at the top of the stairs affects only the light at the top.

One switch on either side of her kitchen, affecting either the can lights or the hanging fixtures.

Gonna burn it down.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Adobe keeps logging me out so I can't do anything. Happens at least twice a day. IT won't give me the password for the suite so they have to come and enter it every time.

Just a cascade of bad decisions of which I'm the beneficiary.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.