As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    Dancer would be cool but it'd be another job where a lot of the animations will look weird with my big Roe boy doing them, I'd wager.

Which isn't always a bad thing.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the looney tunes face and fuck-off huge gorilla hands are also a big part of the fun of dude roes

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I'm now trying to decide if I want to roll on Sarg initially or roll on one of the massive bonus exp servers first to power through the earlier content and then transfer to sarg when they do the data center change.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    exp gain is not the part that can make the early content a bit of a slog

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hyur
    All right, I made some gunblade-related promises, and it's time to keep them. Would this ("FFXIV Online Complete Edition") be the correct version to get to include everything that's been released so far?

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Speaking purely from my own experience, I think playing with a nice community is worth way more than slightly faster XP gains. And as stated, XP isn't really a problem.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    All right, I made some gunblade-related promises, and it's time to keep them. Would this ("FFXIV Online Complete Edition") be the correct version to get to include everything that's been released so far?

Yes, but before you do that - do you have Amazon Prime? Because if you do, then you have Twitch Prime, and they're giving away ARR alone to all Twitch Prime members.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

I love that the PAX South prophecy came true

IKknkhU.gif
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    I got my Botanist and Miner and Leatherworker to 60, just gonna get dumb collectables and I can be a mentor

Depressperado on
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur

Yes, but before you do that - do you have Amazon Prime? Because if you do, then you have Twitch Prime, and they're giving away ARR alone to all Twitch Prime members.

Looks like that's for PC only, and I'm going to be playing on the PS4.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Also get someone to send you a Refer a Friend thing if Square still does that. It gives both you and the referee some bonus stuff, one of which is an item that boosts XP gain.

Edit: Looked it up and they still do it. I can send you the request if you want, but if someone else wants to get the bonuses for Referring then be my guest as I'm only missing one mount and I'm in no rush.

Lars on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    some of the press answers in interviews coming out of fanfest now make it pretty clear that they're winking and nodding that they'll show male viera at tokyo actually, so i rescind some of my pessimism

liEt3nH.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Roger Rabbit cosplays incoming, then.

Bonus points for FemRoe Jessica Rabbit.

sig.gif
    Roegadyn
    roger needs to be like half her height, you could probably pull it off now with a femroe in the eastern dress and a lala with the gold saucer bunny crown

Roegadyn
    NA pre-orders are now available for Shadowbringers.

Larlar
    are they?

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn
    are they?

Yes, they are - I already got mine in.

Larlar
    I can't find where to do it

BahamutZERO.gif
    Roegadyn

If you're wanting to physically pre-order, you need to go to the Square Enix store at their website.

If you're looking to digitally pre-order through Steam or PSN, you'll have to do through their storefronts.

Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have their pre-orders up yet.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Do the expansions usually come with game time or no

Roegadyn
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Do the expansions usually come with game time or no

No,sadly.

Roegadyn
    Also, the expansion bundles the prior ones, so Shadowbringers will also unlock Heavensward and Stormblood for you.

Miqo'te
    Also, the expansion bundles the prior ones, so Shadowbringers will also unlock Heavensward and Stormblood for you.

Hm, according to the game's Twitter if you preorder you won't get SB or HW until June, dang.
    I don't know if I can even really sub to this for very long lol, don't think I can drop $40 on an expansion on top.

edited February 2019
    Larlar

If you're wanting to physically pre-order, you need to go to the Square Enix store at their website.

If you're looking to digitally pre-order through Steam or PSN, you'll have to do through their storefronts.

Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't have their pre-orders up yet.

ah ok I was expecting there to be a link on the shadowbringers page or something

Hm, according to the game's Twitter if you preorder you won't get SB or HW until June, dang.
    I don't know if I can even really sub to this for very long lol, don't think I can drop $40 on an expansion on top.

oh that's dirty

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    ok so I'm back and wow, that's a lot of new stuff

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Roegadyn

oh that's dirty
    that's just how they set up the store

you don't "own" shb until it's released, so you don't get any of the stuff it comes with

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Except you do get the preorder items on 3/1 so I do understand new/returning people's frustrations.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Larlar
    yeah I was planning to save 60 bucks by preordering and playing through ARR, heavensward and stormblood over the next 5 months, but alas

does buying shadowhavers not even let you play ARR until the release date?

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au Ra
    yeah I was planning to save 60 bucks by preordering and playing through ARR, heavensward and stormblood over the next 5 months, but alas

• Please note that the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD. This package requires FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) to play the game.

So, in that respect, buying shadowhavers will not let you play ARR, correct. :P

liEt3nH.png
    Larlar

• Please note that the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD. This package requires FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) to play the game.

So, in that respect, buying shadowhavers will not let you play ARR, correct. :P

while I believe you, I am having a lot of trouble navigating SE's website apparently and can't find that note anywhere on the Shadowbringers store page I'm looking at, where did you find it?

BahamutZERO.gif
    Au Ra
    steam page

liEt3nH.png
    Larlar
    I think SE's website might be kind of shit

BahamutZERO.gif
    Miqo'te
    You can just get ARR for free from someone right now, Twitch Prime is giving it away so tons of people on reddit are giving out their free copies.
    I might have a spare btw

Larlar
    I'll take a free ARR if someone's offering, saves me 20 bux

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I just sent you mine. Enjoy!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Important to remember, but if you get FF14 through steam, ALL FURTHER EXPANSIONS MUST BE BOUGHT THROUGH STEAM. Or be a steam code. And if it's outside steam, has to be outside steam. I think they still have that weird limitation on versions.

akirasig.jpg
    edited February 2019
    Roegadyn
    Important to remember, but if you get FF14 through steam, ALL FURTHER EXPANSIONS MUST BE BOUGHT THROUGH STEAM. Or be a steam code. And if it's outside steam, has to be outside steam. I think they still have that weird limitation on versions.

This is because Steam has additional requirements (for example, requiring subscription fees to be able to be paid via Steam Wallet.)

AngelHedgie on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    For anyone wondering how the classes shake out, this is a pretty good and informative summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQf6H7ESo4

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I really should buy that "I have an idea" emote.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    /eureka?

It’s a nice one.

This discussion has been closed.