As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have won the [chat]tery

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    EM do you know a lot about his work? How is it possible for you to write his important emails? I could see like, hey EM tell everyone in the company on my behalf that we hit our goals. But you can’t just field most of his messages, right? Without some strong domain knowledge

I'm writing wide-audience comms about specific projects or topics, like announcements and stuff.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Is EM writing emails for Zombie Heidegger who is now head of a federal agency? This is exciting.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    IT people also just generally hate Adobe and its products.

They're just a fucking pain and for ever user who actually uses that shit there's 15 more who just treat it as a status symbol and act offended when they're told they don't need it.

Oh yeah the Original Sin here is Adobe deciding this needed to be a service model and not just a thing I buy in a box.

No waaaaaaaaaaay

The subscription model is great, it makes it viable to try new stuff as need arises without having to motivate a 1.5k buy every time. Also it's kind of accessible to hobbyists now outside of using torrents.

I think the subscription model has benefits, but their price point is too high for hobbyists.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

They're just a fucking pain and for ever user who actually uses that shit there's 15 more who just treat it as a status symbol and act offended when they're told they don't need it.

Oh yeah the Original Sin here is Adobe deciding this needed to be a service model and not just a thing I buy in a box.

I dunno the bad old days where everyone in the company was running a different version of Adobe wasn't much better

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Is EM writing emails for Zombie Heidegger who is now head of a federal agency? This is exciting.

Dasbrain

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

No waaaaaaaaaaay

The subscription model is great, it makes it viable to try new stuff as need arises without having to motivate a 1.5k buy every time. Also it's kind of accessible to hobbyists now outside of using torrents.

I think the subscription model has benefits, but their price point is too high for hobbyists.

Yeah I agree, I could swing it now but not when I was a student when I actually wanted it. And now I have it through work anyway.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I had this open in an errant tab and I had forgotten about it completely so watching it again was joy anew

https://youtu.be/lKJkKnaImic

Cats are all cats

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    that article made me cry and was very moving

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Clip Studio Paint is $25 a year on iOS while they practically give it away on PC.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Haha we have a lot of robots running around overhead and one shat itself so there's a jam. Funny part is the tech responding has her bigass "prod" for lack of a better word to pull the poor robot along.

She looks a bit like a person dragging an uncooperative dog along on a walk. Except the dog walks on the ceiling here.

• Options
    I had this open in an errant tab and I had forgotten about it completely so watching it again was joy anew

Cats are all cats

JUST REMEMBER ALL CATS WHEN YOU PET THE LIONS MANE

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The Sienfeld coffee show is kinda boring.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    oh this rather nice NRK article got popular enough to get officially properly translated and published by the BBC so now y'all can read it without being subject to mine or a norwegian redditor's translation

https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-47064773

Thanks, now I'm trying not to cry at work.

also
    was it the gamertag on his tombstone that got you because it sure got me

Just, the whole thing in general. I am very easy with the empathetic emotions.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

Cats are all cats

Unless they’re real wild cats. You know, the ones closest to our house cats. Those are different.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    that article made me cry and was very moving

I am glad it still worked

I was afraid it lost something in translation, having been just directly translated and not rewritten at all

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Cats are all cats

kitty just wants a pet!

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Haha we have a lot of robots running around overhead and one shat itself so there's a jam. Funny part is the tech responding has her bigass "prod" for lack of a better word to pull the poor robot along.

She looks a bit like a person dragging an uncooperative dog along on a walk. Except the dog walks on the ceiling here.

It took me a minute to process "shat itself" as failed to continue process, and was trying to figure out why someone would make a robot that poops.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Adobe running on a sub model is what made me pay for Lightroom instead of stealing it so

poo
  • Options

Cats are all cats

kitty just wants a pet!

If you meet a human in the wilds say hi

If you meet a bear in the wilds play dead

If you meet a lion in the wilds pet it

If you meet a pack of starved hyenas ask them who is a good boy

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I can't get on and play it until Sunday, maybe Saturday if I'm lucky, but is anyone here playing the Division 2 beta? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I guess they need a more modular model. I want premiere but I don't need it.

I need Indesign.

I don't need any of the music programs or lightroom or anything organizational.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Cats are all cats

Unless they’re real wild cats. You know, the ones closest to our house cats. Those are different.

African wildcats, when socialized are quite similar to house cats. Which, according to the wildlife reserve people is a bit of a problem since people taking them as pets contributes to their decline.

And the ones at the rehabilitation center that was open to people were super friendly.

Except this one. No one tried to pet this guy.
    gM0KvIB.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Okay, did the edit button dissapear? I need to resize that picture.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about grabbing adobe premiere (video editing right?) and trying to learn it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I can't get on and play it until Sunday, maybe Saturday if I'm lucky, but is anyone here playing the Division 2 beta? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it.

I have it and played some this morning.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Cats are all cats

kitty just wants a pet!

hyenas aren't dogs!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    Okay, did the edit button dissapear? I need to resize that picture.

I spent way too long looking for the edit button on someone else's post...

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

Cats are all cats

kitty just wants a pet!

hyenas aren't dogs!

Of course they are, look at them

• Options
    I hope I’m never close to zoo escapees or ... a safari, really.
    The chance for me to be mauled by the friendly kitty are quite high.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I have it and played some this morning.

What feels the same, and what feels new? How are the guns?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

Cats are all cats

African wildcats, when socialized are quite similar to house cats. Which, according to the wildlife reserve people is a bit of a problem since people taking them as pets contributes to their decline.

And the ones at the rehabilitation center that was open to people were super friendly.

Except this one. No one tried to pet this guy.
    gM0KvIB.jpg

That cat is clearly having none of your shit

• Options
    yeah my edit button disappeared too

I just wanted to add that the BBC article had been cut down as I looked for a bit I remembered and didn't find it

now my statement remains inaccurate without a clarification oh no, my honour

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    yeah my edit button disappeared too

I just wanted to add that the BBC article had been cut down as I looked for a bit I remembered and didn't find it

now my statement remains inaccurate without a clarification oh no, my honour

It was there like half an hour ago.

So heads up, that cat picture is like 2.5MBs and I can't do anything about it.

This is entrapment!

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Huh

Can we not edit posts anymore

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Cats are all cats

kitty just wants a pet!

Meeting a human in the wild probably will not be that huge of a problem unless you are going to that one island off of India where the natives kill any outsiders who steps on the island.

I would say that is terrible, but they were not colonized and disn't have their culture destroyed so the results speak for themselves.

• Options
    I'm flagging you Mortious

• Options
    Can I still edit posts, though?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Can I still edit posts, though?