As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Got Quetz to 90%. I just gotta clean up my presses and I've got this. Ignis continues to be the MvP no matter what FF lol

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How you did it was AOSB!

Did you bring Luneth with no SB?

Whoops this is why I'm terrible with long posts. Luneth had USB/AOSB. My bad!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Who needs pUSB:
    8gjas1uclgz4.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Man, now I don't know if I want to pull OK pUSB after finally figuring out a cool rotation for Ignis. Also I just realized that Edward's USB might be even better than having mUSB since he gets songs and Allegro con Motto access...

Onion with his mUSB is not just a buffer, but a decent mage in his own right. His mUSB has a self buff as well, and he can w-cast with dive. Adding his instacast 2 LMR, he can get your mage teams up from the word go and contribute to damage.

yes but I could use those 30$ on a Waifu Lightning select! lol I dunno. I still haven't made up my mind on what I'm gonna grab from the select. I have a decent Earth Magic Team to bring down Behemoth King (once I've finished inheriting and leveling those magicites). Now for Water Magicites I do have a kick ass Magic Team and Chain 1 for both physical and magical but I don't have a good Lightning Physical USB. The closest I have is Lightning with AOSB and Imperil BSB. Well...I don't think Edgar USB or Prompto BSB counts.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Onion with his mUSB is not just a buffer, but a decent mage in his own right. His mUSB has a self buff as well, and he can w-cast with dive. Adding his instacast 2 LMR, he can get your mage teams up from the word go and contribute to damage.

My OK with his 5* dive does more damage with Meltdown than Krile does with an en-fire'd Chain Firaga. He seriously pumps out damage.

So far, Onion Knight is on all of my magic Magicite teams and a couple of the physical ones. He only gets to rest when I have a physical chain (where his buff is moot), or Ignis shenanigans.

But in all honesty, whenever you are able to select a relic, just go with whatever makes you happy. Lots of different ways to team build and tackle content, nobody should ever feel like they have to possess a certain relic to win.

thanks for the advice @Elderlycrawfish

You know I haven't attempted a heavy off realm team on D280....I wonder if l should give it a shot. I feel so empowered after downing Quetz. By the way I was looking at the USB selections on FF14 and oh my that realm is a mess.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    XIV is fine. It has a coherent elemental selection (fire), the Ultras are all serviceable, and almost everybody has good legend dives. The only problem is the realm does not get enough events, so they aren't as power creeped as, say, V is.

Fry wrote: »
    Literally every entry so far on reddits mastery survey for hedgerows has a wind chain. GG Dena

Assuming Hedgerows is hecateochaiasinrew do you have an Ice chain you can use with snowspell strike?

Including a character just for ice chain to boost snow spell seems like a net loss. Maybe if I get Bartz or Sora Awakening...

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Well, I've got Elarra now, I already had her LMR so i can get medicas on casting bard abilities. *pushes up sleeves, dives her, and also dives Strago to give another random medica source*

Time to see if I can get this team to work for Phoenix:

Alphinaud (SSB)
    Strago (BSB, dive, dualcast LMR)
    OK (mUSB, dive, LMR)
    Elarra (USB, dive, LMR)
    <wild card, currently thinking Gogo (VI) Bubsy>

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    For Phoenix?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it Belias that you use magic for?

Enlong wrote: »
    For Phoenix?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it Belias that you use magic for?

....yeah, I had that backwards in my post.
    Also it would explain my anemic damage

Alphonsus dive is real good if you are throwing summons. Obviously if you have him off healing it is much less exciting

As a sidenote, though, that team should have some solid buffing going on.

OK: MAG/MND/RES (plus self-buffs for MAG)
    Strago: enWater
    Alph: ATK/MAG
    Gogo: ATK/MAG/RES

And Elarra can carry Mage's Hymn. That should be enough to get me into the "fuck chains I'm doing 9999 per hit anyway" range, I think.

If I can manage to handle the fucking Berserk, anyway.

Plan E for Heck. Go back to Typhon, but don’t summon him until halfway through the fight, so as to make sure Heck has weakened Earth attacks when he starts the final phase and goes ballistic.

Alphonsus dive is real good if you are throwing summons. Obviously if you have him off healing it is much less exciting

Yeah, i've had him dived for a long time. He's my Ultra Cure ATM, though, and Strago's got the summons. I also have Alphinaud's USB1 in my back pocket if I decide it might make a difference, but I think he's better suited to using the SSB.

Is anyone else unable to edit posts? I’m on mobile, if that is a difference.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Plan E for Heck. Go back to Typhon, but don’t summon him until halfway through the fight, so as to make sure Heck has weakened Earth attacks when he starts the final phase and goes ballistic.

What does Chupon do? Element attack down? That could work. Honestly I think every clear I’ve seen has had AOSB or onion push.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

What does Chupon do? Element attack down? That could work. Honestly I think every clear I’ve seen has had AOSB or onion push.

Yeah. Savage Snort hits the enemy with Earth Break

Sans chain, even with triple buff, nowhere near 9999 for most folks. Triple mimic is worthwhile, though.

Real problem is that I'm fucked without last stand on Savage Painfire.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Is anyone else unable to edit posts? I’m on mobile, if that is a difference.

I'm on PC and can't. The gear icon is gone.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This banner is so close to being good. Of course tellah can’t do anything without killing himself.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

It would seem that what you want to do is to have him run through his entire stock of magic before the mode can murder him.

Which, to be fair, is about the same timeframe I work with when I'm running Vivi; when his Double mode and his Trance end, he's close to dead weight anyway, and the rate of Magicite battles means I need to be wrapping up by then in any case.

Mind you, "close to" dead weight isn't always the same as being actually dead. Vivi still can do stuff, like re-cast his Ultra or something. At least Tellah chases his death with an Overstrike?

But man, if only it didn't kill him, this would be amazing to just cast over and over and over.

Wow, Vivi and Tellah must be much better than Maria. It takes me 2-3 USBs to run through all her hones even with double.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did some pulls:

Wind banner, 100-gem: Nada.
    Dream Select USB, 1/11: Thief BSB (dupe). Ew.
    Dream Select LMR, 1/11: Sice LMR. Got nothing else for her, but at least it's one of the more useful LMRs.
    IV-1, 100-gem: Ursula USB! Neat!

Not sure what to get on the USB select - maybe Bartz USB1? I've already got his USB2 and Glint, though, and it's an Anima Lens possibility. Aerith USB2 is also nice, but I've got Elarra USB. Maybe Edea USB as a massive upgrade over her BSB, or Laguna's USB to pair with his chain (and an ice gun)?

I'm also not sure what to pick for the LMR select - I was looking at Rikku's QC3 LMR, but I'm not sure how useful it'll be since she's pretty weak in most magicite battles. Ashe LMR (en-lightning) would let her go nuts with Glint/AOSB, but Seifer has his CSB/USB1 and he could really use an upgrade over his incredibly shitty LM2. Laguna's LMR (imperil ice) would also be really neat to go with his CSB and possibly his USB.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    if you're using a lot of cast time speedup it's fairly easy to dump 2x r4 spells by ~25s

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Also, I didn’t mean that I’ve ever actually dumped all of Vivi’s stuff in time; just that the timeframe of one non-reactivated is roughly what I’m working with with him, since that’s about how long it takes for his Trance to expire.

i use the entirety of an r4 waterja and r4 waterga on my belias sub-30, and he's got time to cast at least one more spell minimum before usb/trace wear out i just haven't honed for it.

zoom zoom.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Lulu Arcane off the daily draw. Yoink!

The "skip" button doesn't appear if you're getting an actual hit on the daily draw, that's a fun little anticipation builder.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

The "skip" button doesn't appear if you're getting an actual hit on the daily draw, that's a fun little anticipation builder.

It's also slower for single pulls now with the skip button.

Fuck literally all the way off with this shit, lenna usb1 dupe

I haven’t gotten a non dupe 6* since August, a week after the free draw came out.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF4-1 100 gems: what else but failure

Data for posterity:
    8 misses in a row

39/364 lifetime

1/14 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!).

It's also slower for single pulls now with the skip button.

man I just read this and go OMG I'm getting a hit what it could be?!
    ...it's a stupid Zell Unique SB. Not even a SSB for stat stick purposes.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Mateus down! Despite Locke dying to that overflow hit and all his crazy defensive buffing he folded pretty quickly in the end.

Team was:

Edgar - Burnt offering/Burning snipe +30% damage USB
    Snow - Armor Break/Fire within MM USB2
    Locke - 6* fire thief skill/steal armor DMT CSB
    Rosa - Wrath Battleforged USB
    Bartz - Blastspell/quadstrike TGM USB2

Magicite was Belias

Some 40ish seconds, but I'm pretty sure this could go way better than it did.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Oh, we finally have the Earth version of Fires Within. And it’s... “Earthen Rebuke”?

Okay. That doesn’t come close to being any of the words that were in the Japanese, but I’ll take it. Totally gonna hone it for Tifa.

edited February 2019
    Man I'm torn. Should I craft the 5hit Spellblade? I still have to farm *looks at notes* 12 more Quetz kills. I mean that extra hit could be a 10% dps boost on damage...but when will I fight another lightning earth vulnerable boss? I already have the multi element spellblades and to be honest I'm more intrigued at looking stuff for the next set of magicites.

lionheart_m on
    Oh boy the draw itself sucked, got a dupe Antares but well gotta select something.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Man I'm torn. Should I craft the 5hit Spellblade? I still have to farm *looks at notes* 12 more Quetz kills. I mean that extra hit could be a 10% dps boost on damage...but when will I fight another lightning earth vulnerable boss? I already have the multi element spellblades and to be honest I'm more intrigued at looking stuff for the next set of magicites.

I'd personally only get those if I wanted to field 2 spellblade users at once. Why do you need zhstany quetz kills anyway?

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
This discussion has been closed.