As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Wait, can you not kill anything in Astroneer?

But...my bloodlust. :(

So far there are only plants. Although some of them can hurt you.

Triffids?

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Played abit of the Crosscode demo.

That game looks, sounds and feels so good.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Picked up Starcrawlers during the sale because it looked interesting - a sci-fi gridder/roguelite dungeon crawler.

I think I like it already.

L2MGnm9.png

• Options
    I've been playing a lot of the various DOA games lately (that series is an old fave of mine), so I put that "£5 off anything" this sale towards DOA5 Last Round on Steam, currently 50% off. I've steered clear of it on PC up to now, having heard it's not a great port. But it's not terrible; most of its annoyances are minor ones I can ignore.

It doesn't run in 1440p without a mod (that's hardcoded; it will happily do 1080p or 4K, but not in-between). It's based on the Xbox 360/PS3 version, not the Xbox One/PS4 version, and so runs in DX9, which in turn means it's missing five stages, including Azuchi - perhaps its most grievous misstep. Probably for the same reason, it has a strange issue with Xbox One controllers (main controls are fine but Pause is on R3, for example), apparently due to not using Xinput, but switching on Steam's controller configuration thingy fixes that.

But all that said, when it comes down to it, it looks great, runs well, and is as much of a delight to play as ever. And that's the main thing.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Picked up Starcrawlers during the sale because it looked interesting - a sci-fi gridder/roguelite dungeon crawler.

I think I like it already.

L2MGnm9.png

Starcrawlers is a gem. Your mercenary crew takes missions off a hub, and those play out as 'gridder' dungeon romps of various sorts with a wonderful sci-fi flavor. The gameplay is solid, the loot cycle is pure and the writing ranges from solid to surprisingly good. It is quite grindy, some of the mission types can get repetitive as the game goes on, and there's a pretty steep learning curve with the classes and their abilities (which resist falling into classis RPG molds like tank, DPS, healer, etc.) Also the game plays by prison rules - there is almost no healing from items or abilities while you are on a dungeon run. So many runs have a strong push-your-luck tension on top of everything else going on.

At less than $7 right now, it's a great pickup.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqlIUPBeoKo
    Upcoming game that looks ...

also more videos uploading to that devs channel

https://store.steampowered.com/app/792120/FIGHT_KNIGHT/

Also, Stormwatcher told me to mention ShadowCaster, well there it is, mentioned.

edit: also appears free demo on kickstarter page

gBAZ on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yassssss I've been waiting on that game for awhile. Will definitely try that out.

• Options
    gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    gBAZ wrote: »

I can't wait for BC, but I no idea how that hasn't gotten a C&D letter from Konomi. Like that is basically a reskin of the SNES game. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    gBAZ wrote: »

I can't wait for BC, but I no idea how that hasn't gotten a C&D letter from Konomi. Like that is basically a reskin of the SNES game. :)

Too busy making that sweet pachinko money

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    When does the current sale end?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Never mind. Can't edit on the PC and phone is charging. Opened Steam client and saw it.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

it is good. I mean I"m biased because I like it a lot, but it is real good.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

it is good. I mean I"m biased because I like it a lot, but it is real good.

I'm sure I'll end up buying the game at some point anyway, but I should really jump into that demo.

Also you guys should check out Euclidean Skies, as mentioned by the SE++ thread. It's Monument Valley for PC if you also added turn based combat. Plus it's on sale!

• Options
    In something out of an episode of talespin, package dropoff for station a got sent to b.

No way to get a package to a but i think i got money for both.

Woot?

#rebelgalaxy

Also got 900k mission that was marked very high, but it was only a few waves of fighters and weak corvettes

Easy money

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Nothing is really leaping out at me during this sale. I'm tempted to just preorder Generation Zero for an easy five bucks off, but that goes against my "no preordering" rule.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Whoa did I really catch up to the Steam Thread?
    Also pigs.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Pigs?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nothing is really leaping out at me during this sale. I'm tempted to just preorder Generation Zero for an easy five bucks off, but that goes against my "no preordering" rule.

That's a cool looking game. Onto the wishlist it goes!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Pigs?

Chinese new year. But after a quick flurry of stuff it seems everyone got boared.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Pigs?

Chinese new year. But after a quick flurry of stuff it seems everyone got boared.

https://youtu.be/7Pmy8sQxSkA

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Question about magnum opus: is the space category the physical space on the board, or the instruction space lengths?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Question about magnum opus: is the space category the physical space on the board, or the instruction space lengths?

Space is the number of hexes that ever get occupied I believe.

I don't think it counts spaces an arm rotates over if it's empty.

Space optimizing is pretty hard.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

First person open world co-op against hostile robots in 1980s Sweden for $35. It looks like it's going to be amazing, but I am afraid to be excited.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

First person open world co-op against hostile robots in 1980s Sweden for $35. It looks like it's going to be amazing, but I am afraid to be excited.

Yeah, worth waiting and seeing. But there's definitely promise there. It could be properly great.

• Options
    There I was, minding my own business, unlocking costumes in DOA5 (it's so therapeutic), when a message pops up. And then another. And another. And... well, you can guess where this is going.

@Karoz wasn't content to fling one key, oh no. Try nineteen of the things, comprising Earth Defence Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (that is such a magnificent title) and all of its mammoth pile of DLC.

Thank you so much! The bugs will never know what hit 'em. (As some other famous bug hunters once said, Would You Like To Know More?)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Karoz for Cultist Simulator! This game always looked interesting :twisted:

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    @Karoz got me too earlier, with Final Fantasy XIV, thanks again!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    @Karoz just hit me with Rapture Rejects and some DLC for it! Dunno what that is, but thanks!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I should be heading harder into starbound but titan quest is further back in the backlog.

It's fun*
    run away fromthe centaur!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Not bad, picked up God Eater 3 for around $40 after the auto $5 off from the sale, plus the 20% discount from owning GE2.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    So Axiom Verge got released for free on the Epic store. Except it kept crashing in one spot because a sound file was missing.

The sound of steam pipes.

In a file called 'steam'. That wasn't there any more.

Whooooooooooooooooooops

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    So Axiom Verge got released for free on the Epic store. Except it kept crashing in one spot because a sound file was missing.

Whooooooooooooooooooops

ahahahahahahahahahahahahha

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Space is the number of hexes that ever get occupied I believe.

I don't think it counts spaces an arm rotates over if it's empty.

Space optimizing is pretty hard.

I want to link one of my solutions for a Opus Magnum puzzle that was in the 0th percentile for space, but I'm at work.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular

Whooooooooooooooooooops

What did they do, just delete every file with "steam" in the title to release it on Epic? Because honestly, that would just be lazy and stupid and the kind of thing publishers only concerned with money would-

Oh. Yep. Seems about right.

I don't care how many moneyhats Epic throws around, there's something to be said for a storefront that actually knows whatever the hell it's doing instead of a bunch who only want $$$ and have none of the experience Valve has.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Whooooooooooooooooooops

What did they do, just delete every file with "steam" in the title to release it on Epic? Because honestly, that would just be lazy and stupid and the kind of thing publishers only concerned with money would-

I don't care how many moneyhats Epic throws around, there's something to be said for a storefront that actually knows whatever the hell it's doing instead of a bunch who only want $$$ and have none of the experience Valve has.

That's the worst part because they hired Steam Spy who at least as studied Steam a whole freaking lot so could have helped them get around some pitfalls--or at least be aware of them.

But then again I guess that means the platform as a whole and not individual games. Good thing they have forums to address player probl--oh wait.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://i.imgur.com/YW1yBha.gif

so satisfying to make stuff like this

Edit: I thought imgur converted gifs to gifv's nowadays but I don't remember how and this is too large, so you have to click it

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

Whooooooooooooooooooops

Looks like it was the dev that did it:

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's still hilarious.

This discussion has been closed.